• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 2,561 Views, 32 Comments

Hunt Begins Again - burner181



Sparrow thought his hunt was over, but a hunt begins in a new land.

  • ...
6
 32
 2,561

Waking up in a Dream

Waking up with a start and take a look at my surroundings. I notice I’m in the middle of a graveyard on a floating island, “This looks a lot like the Hunters Dream, but it seems too bright for that.” I go to stand up, my hands brushing against something on each side. As I look down I notice the Saw Cleaver on my right and the Hunter Blunderbuss on my left. Getting up I look myself over and notice I’m wearing the hunter outfit.

A scream breaks me out of my observations, leading me to picking up the cleaver and blunderbuss. As I get closer to the source of the shouting I notice two things, first it's more a shout of frustration than of anguish, and second it sounds feminine. As I turn the corner leading with the blunderbuss I see a dark blue pony like humanoid with wings and a horn shout at a gravestone then blast it with what appears to be magic and it just reforms in front of them. Hoping they're peaceful and just upset at what ever is on the tombstone I lower the blunderbuss and call out, "Hello?" That was a mistake, startling the mare caused her to yelp and send her next attack at me. I barely dodge out of the way, the tombstone behind me was not so lucky, but it quickly reformed.

The mare rushes over with a look of fear on her face, "Are you okay?"

Standing up I brushed myself off and put my weapons away, "Yes I'm fine, but who are you and how did you get here?"

The mare glares at the tombstone that reformed, "I am Princess Luna, and it is our responsibility to watch over our little ponies’ dreams and to let them sleep well." Luna growls and shoots the tombstone again, "Why won't these things go away."

I shrug, "I don't know, it's just how the Hunter’s Dream was designed." I motion for her to follow and lead her through a gate and out of the graveyard and onto a path that leads up to a workshop and past more tombstones. As my gaze goes down both paths I noticed a bidal figure sitting at the base of the ramp up to the workshop. I make a mental note to check it out later and lead Luna past more tombstones to a clearing and sit down, looking at the sun, "This place is less morbid so feel free to ask questions."

Luna comes over and sits down and looks over at me, “I have three questions, who are you, what are you, and what is this place?”

I pull my hat off and pull my face mask down, “At the moment I forget my actual name, but you may refer to me as either Hunter or Sparrow.” I sigh and look at my glove, “As for the second question there are two answers, I am, or at least was, a human, I am also referred to as a Hunter.” I move my hand around gesturing to the scenery, “And this place is the Hunter's Dream, it’s where Hunters come when they...fall asleep.”

Luna hears the slight hesitation in the last words but chooses not to ask about it, “What are hunters then?”

I smile and put my hat back on to dampen the sun some, “Hunters are or at least were, I don’t know if it’s still going anymore, a faction that hunted down creatures that were infested by some sort of plague.” I turn my head towards the graveyard, “The event had been going for a few years before I got involved, at that point the hunters had all fractured and formed separate factions.” I stand back up and pull my mask back up to hide my grimace and dust myself off. “Some of the ones that were still alive were friendly and helped me out from time to time, the others,” I look at the graveyard again sorrow in my voice, “I added their names to some of those tombstones myself.”

Luna stand up and does her best to wrap her wing around me trying to comfort me, “It’s okay, they’re probably in a better place now, I don’t exactly know how your afterlife works.”

I give a weak smile at the attempt under the mask, "I hope so, they all deserve better than what they were given."

Luna looks around the dream some more, “Can you tell me any more about this hunter’s dream?”

I look at her and nod, “Well all I know about this place I had to figure out on my own, no one to tell me about it.” I gently leave the embrace and start walking towards the workshop, “First, this dream is the last thing I have of my mentor, it was based off his memories, This building is based off the old hunter’s workshop which was underneath the workshop of the healing church, don’t ask me about the healing church I don’t know anything about them myself.” I lead her down a path leading away from the workshop with tombstones on the right hand side, “Darn the chalices are missing, these tombstones allow Hunters to enter trials called chalices, though the trials aren’t always the same.”

I then lead her up another path directed towards the front door of the workshop with more tombstones on the right and a doll on the left side, “The tombstones here allow me to travel to places, usually I have to have already been there and ignite a lantern to register a site, but I can see there is a site registered already.” I move over to the doll and clear hair out of her face, “This Doll was my most devout companion in my journey through Yharnam, my mentor made her based off his missing lover, but distanced himself from her as she did not have her personality, so he gave her to me.” I sit the doll up against a low wall before leading Luna into the workshop proper, “This is my workshop, here I customized and upgraded weapons I found on the field.”

I notice a chest and go over to it and open it and it’s empty, “Darn, nothing in storage.” Slamming the lid shut I head over to a workbench, “Oh crap that’s not good.” I start looking around the worktable in a panic.

Luna looks around in a panic, “What’s wrong, what happened?”

I rush over to an altar at the end of the workshop and start looking around it, “Crap this tool is missing as well.” I rush out a side door, “The sun's still up so that’s good.” I look down and see a pony with bat wings show up and I gesture towards the front door, “Luna you have a visitor and he seems in a rush.” I go back in to meet up with Luna and the new arrival.

The bat pony stops and salutes Luna, “Your Highness, we have some reports of unusual creatures showing up in Ponyville.”

Luna blinks, “What do they look like Night Strike?”

Night Strike points over at me, “Like that thing princess.”

My eyes go wide and I rush past the pair down to the lowest tombstone, “Was there a report of what they were carrying?”

Night Strike looks over at Luna and she nods, “The reports that came in said they were carrying shields, axes, and torches, and there was a report of one of them carrying a wood and metal tube of some sort.”

I pull the blunderbuss off the spot in the middle of my back, “Something like this soldier?”

Night Strike nods, “But the reports say it was longer and didn’t bell out at one end like that.”

I put the blunderbuss back in it’s spot and looks back towards the tombstone, “They don’t use this.” I start channeling energy into the tombstone and start glowing.

Luna runs up to me, “Where are you going?”

I look over at her and smile, “To do my job.” I fade out from the Hunter’s Dream forcing the two ponies out.

Author's Note:

When i give him a new weapon or armor that is from the game I will post a link to it

Hunters Blunderbuss https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunter+Blunderbuss

Saw Cleaver https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Saw+Cleaver

Hunter Armor https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunter+Set