• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 2,561 Views, 32 Comments

Hunt Begins Again - burner181



Sparrow thought his hunt was over, but a hunt begins in a new land.

  • ...
6
 32
 2,561

Mythril Knight

Getting far enough into the forest to not see the town anymore, I slow down and catch my breath. Staying aware, I look around as I walk down the path, “Okay, time to take stock of the situation.” Using the saw cleaver to clear the path on my way to the castle, “First, I wake up in an altered version of the hunters dream. Second, it is no longer connected to Yharnam. Third, the population here is humanoid...ponies. Fourth, it appears some sort of hunt is happening here. And last, why have I not come across any creatures in this forest!?” I stop, and all I hear are crickets before they quiet down and all I hear is the wind.

As I continue walking, I notice a shimmer out of the corner of my eye. Looking over at what it is, I hurry my pace over to it, “Please tell me it’s what I think it is.” When I arrive I grin, put my saw cleaver away, and pick up a threaded cane. “This is more my style, also less intimidating when I have to deal with the ponies.” I look over the cane and blink, noticing two gems inlaid into the handle, “Of all the blood gems to be inlaid, it had to be these two.” I rub my neck, the pain from where I got hit disappearing along with the scar there. I return to the path and continue my walk towards the castle.

I cross the bridge, my gun put away, holding onto the rope handrail. “Why did it have to be a rope bridge.” I step on the opposite side of the bridge and draw my weapons, thinking I hear a bell. I look around and slowly make my way towards the castle, keeping my guard up the entire time. I enter and the sounds of combat can be heard echoing through the halls as I get further in. I snap my cane out to its whip form and start running to see if I can help out in any way. As I come across the scene, I see a huntsman and a mare fighting and notice the mare is exhausted as the huntsman knocks her weapon out of her hands and knocks her down. I rush forward, bringing the whip down to hit the huntsman in the back. It gets his attention and he lunges towards me, only to receive my cane piercing through his infested heart and out his back. I grin and kick the huntsman off my cane. “Glad to have this back in my hands.”

I walk over and offer the mare a hand up, only to have it knocked aside as she struggles to get herself up. As she does that, I walk over and retrieve her weapon for her and then go back and hand it over to her. As I get a better look at her, I notice she looks a lot like Luna but her colors seem to be darker, and her pupils are more like a cat's eyes then a ponies. The mare stumbles into me, and I catch her and put one of her arms around my neck, “Okay we are finding you a place to sit down.”

The mare struggles to get free. "I don't need some stallion protecting me."

The mare shudders from a sudden coldness as I speak, “I refuse to let another hunter die from their own stubbornness again!” I guide her to what looks like a bedroom and sit her on the bed, then scour the room to make sure it’s safe. I nod and go back to her, “You rest here, I’m going to search around to find anything else useful.” The shocked mare just nods.

I head out and look around, hoping to find either a library or a workshop. I come across a courtyard and see a lantern in the middle of it. I go over and light it, “I have a fast travel back here now… I wonder if I can take that mare through it with me.” I head back to the bedroom and open the door, then immediately shut it after seeing a half-naked mare. “Well, I did tell her to rest.”

The mare calls from inside with a sultry voice, “You may come in now.”

I head inside and she has gotten fully dressed. “Sorry about that, I was not expecting you to have stripped down like that.” She giggles a little and I smile, “Well now that the awkward tension is gone, my name is Sparrow, and I was teleported here somehow from a place called Yharnam.”

The mare nods, taking in the information, “I wish I could give you my name but I can only remember one name which is not mine.”

I tilt my head, confused, “And what name is that?”

The mare sighs, “It is Nightmare Moon, and I remember a feeling of terror that comes from that name.”

I sigh and lean against the door, “Do you want me to come up with a name for you?” Seeing the mare nod, I close my eyes and think, “How about Mythril Knight?”

The mare stands up and stumbles, “Well it will do for now.”

I go over and support her, “Come on, I’m getting you out of here.” I start helping her to the lantern.

Mythril leans into me, “So why did you come here in the first place, Sparrow?”

I shift my weight a little to open a door, “I came seeking anything that could help in the hunt.” I smile and look at her, to which she returns a confused look, “I found something better than a weapon, another trained hunter with knowledge and skills.” I look away debating something to myself, “and one who is more than half beautiful.”

Mythril’s face turns purple as she blushes, "You're just saying that."

I stop at the lantern, "I see no reason to lie about the truth." I reach towards the lantern and teleport us both to the Hunter’s Dream. I set Mythril down where the doll was sitting before, “We’ll be safe here, so rest up.”

Mythril looks around, “Where are we?”

I sit down next to her, “This is the Hunter's Dream, this was my safe haven from the turmoil of Yharnam.” Looking down at my hands, I sigh, “It’s also where I end up when I die.” I notice her head snap to me, “There’s also a graveyard filled up with the names of dead hunters.”

Mythril stands up quickly, dizzying herself, but recovers just as quickly, “What do you mean when you die?”

I stand up as well and lead her to a tombstone, “This place has made me immortal, or at least not permanently killable, still hurts though.” I nod to the doll who waves from the workshop then grab Mythril’s shoulder and teleport us to Ponyville. I smile as she’s startled by the sudden change in location, “It’s also a fast travel for me.” We head inside and I notice Luna talking to guards. I push Mythril behind me, “Stay behind me for now, because they will only recognize you as Nightmare Moon before I can explain the situation.”

Mythril nods and hides behind me as we approach. Luna notices and starts running over only to see Mythril. “Guards, seize that mare.”

The guards move to approach but stop when they hear metal on crystal and see a deep scratch in the floor beneath then back up at me. I just glare at them, “One hoof beyond that Line before we are done talking, and I will be cutting flesh next.” All the ponies back up including Mythril.

Luna steps forward before the scratch, “Sparrow you don’t know what you’re doing, you don’t know what she tried to do.”

I just look at Luna, “Her, or you Luna.” Luna and Mythril’s eyes go wide. “I don’t know how I can see it, but I can see the strands of magic in the air, I dismissed it originally.” I walk over and grab a strand and cause both Mythril and Luna to shiver, “But you two are connected by this one.” I look over at Twilight, “So Twilight, why don’t you tell me the full story between these two.”

Twilight gulps and nods, “Can we go sit down to talk about this then.”

I look over at the guards, who nod and back off, “After you then Princess.”

Most of the guards go with Twilight but a couple stay behind with Luna as she waits for us, “This is unusual, Sparrow.”

I raise my eyebrow at her, “You’ll have to specify Princess.”

All the ponies, including Mythril, stop and look at me, “Usually it’s the mare that defends the stallion.”

I blink, “Fascinating so that’s how your society works.” I motion for everypony to continue walking. I shrug, “My society was completely the opposite, and I now share the same opinion for that factor of both our societies.”

Mythil looks at me, “And what opinion is that?”

I look dead ahead, “I don’t give a crap, all they do is suppress the opposite gender and make things difficult for them.” I shudder causing the ponies to grow concerned, “There was one memory of a huntress that still scares me to this day, I say again this was only a memory.” The ponies just stare straight ahead as we approach the door and enter catching the meaning of my last words.

Twilight looks concerned, then pouts, “Did I miss a bit of Sparrow’s history?”

The guards hold back their laughter as Luna and Mythril giggle at the young princess. I shake my head, “Just comparing societies and telling them about the scariest enemy I faced.” I lead Mythril over to a pair of chairs, my cane making a clicking sound as we walk.

Luna finally notices the cane as the tension has gone down but waits to ask about it. Meanwhile, Twilight goes into detail of the events leading up to the creation of Nightmare Moon and then the separation of Luna and Mythril.

I stop and think, “So you were going to arrest Mythril because she looks like Nightmare Moon?” The ponies nod. I raise an eyebrow at them, “Then why not arrest Luna as well since she was Nightmare Moon?” All the ponies gasp and look at me. I raise my hand to prevent any pony from starting to speak. “Because you have gotten used to her and learned more about her, do you see what I am getting at?”

The ponies stop and think about it then the princesses nod and Luna speaks up, “I understand what you mean Sparrow.“ Luna turns to Mythril, “I apologize for jumping to conclusions and accusing you of what you aren’t.”

Mythril nods and smiles, “Apology accepted Princess.”

I smile and look between them, “Now I have a request Luna.”

Luna looks at me, “Yes Sparrow?”

I nod and place a hand on Mythril’s head, “I’d like for you to leave her in my care for now.”

The ponies blink and Luna is confused. I see the wheels start turning as she realizes, “Of course Sparrow, but I’ll need to inform my sister of this development.” Luna stands up and leads her guards out, and although it’s hard to tell through her practiced facade, I think I catch a wary glance in Mithril’s direction on her way out.

I turn towards Twilight, “Do you have a few spare rooms we could use?” Twilight nods and gets up to lead us there, “Oh also, do not, I repeat, do not, limit the volunteers to only mares.”

Twilight stumbles and looks back at me, “Do you know the trouble that could cause?”

I shake my head, “No and I do not care, if anypony is willing to help, they should be allowed to.” I learn down and look Twilight in the eyes, “That is if you think you can beat me in a fight, then I will change that, but here’s the thing, I’ll only hold back enough to not kill you.”

Twilight gulps, “The rooms are this way.”

I sigh and rub my forehead, “Sorry for all the terror Twilight, it’s what I had to do to stay alive in Yharnam and at this point it’s ingrained into my mind.” I give her a genuine smile and she calms down a little.

Twilight gives a slightly forced smile, “It’s okay.” She coughs going into business mode, “It will take some time to keep the word out and then for volunteers, to show up.” she stops and turns back to us, “Well here’s your room.”

I blink and look at her, “Only one room?” Mythril and I share a look and a blush starts to slowly creep on her face. I sigh and rub my forehead, chuckling to myself slightly, “I guess I can just sleep in the Hunter’s Dream.”

Twilight grows beet red, “I’m so sorry, I just thought with how protective you are I thought you two were together.”

Mythril yawns behind me, catching both mine and Twilight's attention, “Go to bed Mythril, there’s a few things I need to talk to the Princess about before I head to the dream to sleep.” Mythril nods and heads into the room after some well wishes are exchanged. I look back at Twilight, “I was about to ask if you had a library, but I feel like you already have one, and this is a castle, so mind leading us to the library. I'll tell you as much of my world as I can, if you do the same.”

Twilight nods and leads me to the library.


===================================================================================================

̵͈̝͖̪͛̽̿̉T̷̛̩̻̈́̉ḫ̷̢̧̽e̸̽͝ͅý̶̗̞̮̗̏̐̀ ̷͈͓͓͚̌̾̑̕Ḓ̵͍̍̐͒ő̵͈̙͛̄̕n̴̨̢̞͍͑̎̑'̸͚̳̖̘͕̎̑͛͑̌t̸̨͓̽͒̿̾ ̴̛̜̤̮͖̽͠

̷͕̞̓̀͌̀T̴̹̽͝ṙ̸̜́̋̐͝u̶̘̤͇̾͂͠s̴͉̆̽̋ͅť̶̺͗̿͋ ̷͓̦̮̂͗T̴̬̫͎͚̩̄h̴̛̝͖̞̙̻͐̿̀̈́e̷̛̺̞͙̤͘ͅir̵̪͚̫͒̏ ̴̺̤̗̮̎͋̂́ͅO̶͈͈̰̻̒͜w̴̥̒͑͐̾̀n̵͙͋