• Published 7th Aug 2019
  • 542 Views, 5 Comments

Different - Hardwired



After the two royal Princesses finish an experiment, the end product isn't what it seems.

  • ...
0
 5
 542

Chapter 6: Well... this is new. (Hardwired's Perspective)

Author's Note:

Well, here it is, maybe it is not awaited, but I continued the story and that's what matters, I hope you enjoy it after this very long hiatus. :twilightsmile:

“Well Hardwired, it’s the first day of school,” Celestia said as she was packing my lunch, I was helping her packing my backpack. “You ready little guy?” I gave a nod with a big grin, I didn’t know what to expect, I don’t know what a school is, I just know that Luna and Celestia are going to be there with me… right?

“Look how much you’ve grown, I’m so happy you could gain the courage to go to school today,” Luna said getting a bit teary-eyed, Celestia stepped in. “No need to get so emotional sister, it’s just his first day of school.” She gave a small chuckle as she gave me my lunch. “I know you’re proud of him,” Celestia told Luna giving her a hug, naturally, I decided to hug them too.

Luna smiled and said. “We’ll walk you to school, don’t worry,” Celestia told her. “Or we could you know… teleport? I don’t want to have to WALK all the way over there.” Luna responded. “You have a point, anyway, shall we get going?” Celestia nodded and she suddenly covered us in a magical aura, then, POOF, we appeared in front of a giant building, and it wasn’t the castle.

“This is school Hardwired, we won’t be here, but don’t worry, the friends you met a couple of days ago will be with you almost always.”

T-T-They won’t be with me? W-W-What? I tightly hugged Luna’s hoof. Celestia started speaking. “I know it may seem bad, but you’ll like school, you’ll see.” She shot me a smile, “Look, there’s Twilight!” I looked over to see the purple alicorn walking over to me. “Hey, Hardwired, are you excited for your first day of school?”

I got scared, Luna and Celestia wouldn’t be with me? But I’d always been with them, I shook my head. Celestia responded “He’s just scared of leaving us,” Twilight said gleefully. “Don’t worry Hardwired, we will always be there for you, if you ever need to tell us something in class, just raise your hoof and we’ll go over to you, come on, let’s go, grab my hoof.” I hold on to her hoof and we walked inside the building.

There were endless corridors, I saw other ponies walking around, they all seemed really thrilled to be there. “Hardwired, this is the school of friendship, as the name says, you’ll be learning how to make friends here, I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine.” But I already had them as friends, why would I need more?

She led me into a classroom where there other ponies, and there was this… thing, I don’t know, I mean, it looked like a pony, but only the tip of the tail had hair, also she a giant antler of some sort in its forehead… I don’t know, it’s just hard to explain in general.

Twilight answered. “I see you’re looking at Spring Seed, she’s a kirin, she’s not one of us, I’ve heard she’s talkative, so I don’t know if you want to hang out with her, but it’s your choice, after all, your first class is about to start, Applejack will be teaching if you need help with anything” I gave a small nod and sat down, I decided to sit in the front, I wanted to hear everything that she had to say.

As I was listening intently, I felt something hit me in the back, I heard a couple of chuckles, I turned around to see a ball of paper, I grabbed it and opened it, it read.

“Hey Lil’ guy.”

I was dumbfounded, who would send me such a message, I decided to ignore it, but a couple of minutes later I felt another ball of crumpled up paper hit my back, I heard a chuckle, I quickly turned around and caught the pony who was laughing, but it wasn’t a pony, it was the kirin, I yet again grabbed it and opened it and it read.

“Why so quiet? Cat got your tongue?”

I was flustered, to say the least, why would she be saying this type of stuff even though I never told them anything? Anyways, I decided to turn back and give them a death stare for the rest of the class, my attention wasn’t on Applejack, it was on Spring Seed.

She seemed concerned to say the least, I didn’t know why she looked scared, well that’s good, that means my death stare worked! Now she won’t throw papers at me again.

The first class ended and we had this thing after class called lunch, apparently, you can eat here and not in class, which I find very odd, why can’t you just eat in class, anyways, I went to sit, across the room I saw the kirin sitting with her other friends, I just sat by myself, only having my thoughts to comfort me.

I decided to take out my notebook and start studying what we saw in the class, I didn’t have much to go off since I decided to pay more attention to that kirin then the class itself, but still, it was good to study.

Celestia and Luna had prepared for me what they called a “lunch bag”, something has written on the bag, and it read: “Love from your moms – Celestia and Luna” I smiled a little, but then the thought came back to me, they weren’t here… I wouldn’t see them until… THEY DIDN’T EVEN TELL ME! WHAT IF I’M STUCK HERE FOREVER!

I started having a panic attack right in the middle of the lunch room, everypony turned around to see me just bawling my eyes out, but I didn’t care, Celestia and Luna had abandoned me in this horrible place called school, and they weren’t coming back!

Twilight quickly pulled me to a room with some chairs, and there was this big main chair, like a king’s throne, anyways, she tried to calm me down.

“Hey, hey!” Twilight said concerned… “Celestia and Luna are coming back, don’t worry, they’ll be here as fast as they can.”

They were coming back? They aren’t going to leave me here?

“Would you like to tell me how you’re feeling, Hardwired?” She said this while handing me a piece of paper and a pen, and I wrote:

“I’m lonely” Then she came over and hugged me. “Don’t worry, it’ll get better, no first day at school is perfect, you know, mine wasn’t!”

I was surprised, so I wrote down on my paper: “Can you tell me?”

“Oh! Gladly!” She told me with a smile. “I remember my first day in Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns. Like I said, it wasn’t a good day, you know, I sort of made a mess in the magic lab.” She chuckled at the thought. “Oh, the purple smoke coming from everywhere.” She giggled more; I can’t imagine exploding something on your first day.

Suddenly, Luna and Celestia arrived, really worried but understanding, Twilight explained a little bit the situation. “Well, Hardwired sort of burst into tears in the middle of the cafeteria because he missed you both.” She let out a nervous chuckle before Luna and Celestia ran up to me.

Luna said a bit embarrassed: “Yeah, we should’ve probably told you that we were coming back, you know that we would never leave you here forever, use that big mind of yours, tomorrow will be a better day for you I swear.”

I wrote down a little on the paper. “Luna, Celestia, Twilight told me about her first day of school!” Celestia laughed while Twilight looked embarrassed. “Oh, about the gas explosion, oh that was great, I remember seeing her little face so worried when in reality it was nothing too bad.”

Luna quickly remarked: “Weren’t we here to pick up Hardwired?” Twilight sheepishly said: “Yup, just take him home, tomorrow I’ll be sure to keep a special eye on him.”

All 3 of us teleported back home, today had been an interesting day, I decided to cuddle up to Tia’s chest, I started feeling a bit sleepy, my eyelids could barely be kept open.

“Hardwired, are you tired already?” Luna asked. “You sure are one sleepy pony because it’s barely around 2 pm! You want to sleep?” I nodded slowly as I tried to keep myself awake, she chuckled before saying. “Maybe you’re nocturnal like me!” Celestia chuckled, saying. “Or maybe he just likes sleeping.”

Luna and Celestia both carried me with their magic to Celestia’s bed, as they laid me down, and tucked me into the slik sheets, they both each gave me a goodnight kiss.

“Good night sweetheart, love you.” They said with a soft smile on their face, I had finally gained the courage, I could do it, I opened my mouth to say a couple of words:

“Good night, love you too.”