• Published 7th Aug 2019
  • 537 Views, 5 Comments

Different - Hardwired



After the two royal Princesses finish an experiment, the end product isn't what it seems.

  • ...
0
 5
 537

Chapter 5: A new Friend (Fluttershy's Perspective)

Author's Note:

I am back! Highschool has been keeping me really busy these past 2 weeks hopefully you can understand, but I can say that I have finished this chapter and am working on the next one.

Also, I found out that Asperger and ADHD are not the same thing but share really similar symptoms, I have Asperger so I guess it's nearly the same thing.

I'll see you in the next chapter pony lovers.

Twilight had been really distant from us, not talking much, it just didn’t seem right, she was usually the one making reunions, but it had been 3 days, 3 days we haven’t heard of her.

I was just hanging out with my other friends, but Twilight was nowhere to be seen!

Rainbow Dash exclaimed: “A-GAIN!? Why isn’t she coming!”

Applejack tried to calm her down: “Calm your horses Rainbow, I’m sure she’ll tell us something anytime soon now.”

Rainbow was still pretty worried: “But..! She hasn’t told us anything in 3 days, not even a letter or something, something’s wrong! I’m saying we should storm the castle.”

Rarity had enough: “Calm down darling, we AREN’T storming the castle, I’m sure she’s been going through some stuff and just needs some time.”

Pinkie Pie was surprisingly also getting worried, something that normally never happens: “But… I mean, she was just fine a couple of days ago, what could she be going through that she’s excluding herself from us, normally she would tell us when something is wrong.”

I decide to propose an idea, but I was too scared to say it, what if they told me that was a horrible idea, I just sit there motionless, until I finally gained enough courage in my mind to say it.

“Um… Then why don’t we just visit her?” I said. “I’m sure she wouldn’t mind some guests.”

Applejack said excitedly: “Well why didn’t we think of tha’? We’re silly mares”

Rarity said a bit concerned still: “Are you sure this is such a splendorous idea? I mean… what if she doesn’t want guests, darling?”

My heart shrunk, I-I never thought of that, how could I have been so foolish, how could I-

“I-I, uhm… well, you see…” I kept stuttering endlessly before Rainbow jumped in.

“We’re going, there’s no ifs or buts about it, we’re going!” She exclaimed before starting to rush to her castle, we all started following behind her.

We saw all the landscape starting to get blurry from how fast we were going, it’s like we could barely see the road ahead of us, but then after just a few minutes, we arrived.

“Who’s gonna knock on the door?” Pinkie asked.

“I’ll do it, I mean, what do I have to lose?” Applejack said, knocking loud on the door, and there was no response.

“Maybe knock louder?” Rarity said, and Applejack did as she was told, suddenly you could hear some hoofsteps.

“Oh, good she’s home! We wouldn’t have gone all this way if we knew she wasn’t going to be home!” Rainbow exclaimed.

She opened slowly the door and spoke very quietly.

“Hey, guys…” She said, I could barely hear what she was saying, I guess this is what she felt when I did my “introduction” to her if you could even call it that.

Rainbow’s voice boomed through the castle: “Why are you speaking so quietly?

Twilight was quick to tell Rainbow Dash off. “I said be quiet!” She screamed somehow managing to say it quietly.

Rainbow’s ears drooped. “I-I’m sorry,” She said in a quieter tone. “What’s the problem Twilight? Why haven’t you come to any of our reunions? Why are we speaking so quietly? I think I’m speaking for everypony here when I say that we’ve been worried for you.”

“I’m glad you asked,” She said in a cheerful tone. “I’ve been so excited to tell you this for the past few days, but I wasn’t really allowed to say anything about him.”

“Him? What are you talking about?” I said with curious intent.

“And who didn’t allow you to say anything?” Applejack replied.

“I’ll answer one question at a time please be patient.” She answered with a grin from ear to ear, she usually was so worried, I wondered why she was so happy right now, was it because of that “him” she mentioned earlier. “I’ll show you about him in a minute, and, well, Celestia and Luna told me it would be CATASTROPHIC if I told you before the time was right.”

“Catastrophic you say?” Rarity asked with curiosity.

“Well, I don’t really know why, but Celestia and Luna were really against it,” Twilight said sheepishly.

“And since you love Celestia soooooo much, you decided to listen to her and not talk to us at all, like we already said, WE WERE WORRIED!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“N-Noo…” Twilight answered flustered. “And I already told you, quiet!”

“Sorry…” Rainbow answered rubbing her neck with her hoof. “Anyways, weren’t we here to see that him you mentioned?”

“Oh yeah! Just follow me, quietly, he doesn’t like noise.” Twilight answered as she headed inside her castle.

We all followed carefully, I started analyzing all the options that there were, maybe it could be some type of small animal, those are normally very scared of noise, or I don’t know, MAYBE A CUTE BUNNY, I didn’t really know… but before we knew it we arrived at a room which had the door closed.

“So… um, I think you might be bonkers again because this is a door.” Pinkie said. “What’s your name door? Aww, you’re so cute.” We all looked sort of confused, no, sort of is an understatement.

“Well, that’s just Pinkie for ya’, anyways, I’m guessing that “him” is behind this door, righ’?” Applejack asked.

“Yes, although, don’t call him a him” She said, making a quotation mark gesture when she said “him”, “His name is Hardwired.”

“That’s a nice name, did you pick it yourself darling?” Rarity asked intrigued.

“No, this is actually Celestia’s and Luna’s colt… well, sort of.”

Oh, it’s not a cute animal, it’s just a colt, anyways, colts are still cute.

“Wait wait wait… does this mean that Celestia and Luna had a kid?” Rainbow asked, very clearly confused. “Did they lik-”

Twilight cut her off blushing. “Nononono- it’s an experiment they made.”

“Ohhhh.” Rainbow said.

Twilight slowly opened the door to reveal a small pony lying facing upwards towards the ceiling.

“Uh… Hardwired, I brought some friends that want to meet you” Twilight said quietly as to not disturb him.

“Are you sure that isn’t a mare, she seems 110% like a mare.” Pinkie exclaimed, loud enough for him to snap out of looking at the ceiling endlessly and look at us, he certainly did look like a mare.

“Yeah… that isn’t a colt.” Rarity said.

“I thought the same thing, but I swear he’s a colt, he’s just short… and has a long mane… and doesn’t talk much, well, he looks and acts like one, but he’s a colt.

“Well isn’t he a cutie!” I exclaimed unconsciously, running over towards him, he seemed really scared.

“Wait, he doesn’t like that you approach him like that, he isn’t used to you yet, just give it time, also one more thing, he doesn’t talk even though he is fully capable of talking.” Twilight said slowing me down, Hardwired seemed a bit scared.

“Then why does he not speak? I mean, everypony talks, why doesn’t he?” Rainbow asked.

“As I already said he needs time, just, give him some space, please,” Twilight said a bit fed up. “He’s not like us, he’s special, and I don’t mean “everypony’s special in their own way” type of special, he acts way different than everypony.”

“I just want to pinch his cheeks he’s so adorable!” It slipped out of my mouth and I once again tried to run over to him, but Twilight yanked my tail, she turned me around and looked at me dead in the eyes and said:

“Give, him, SPACE!” She shouted at me, I shed a tear because I thought I did something wrong, but what I didn’t expect was for Hardwired to also start crying, Twilight immediately realized and said embarrassed. “I’m sorry, I’m just not used to taking care of him, he doesn’t like loud noises so sometimes I forget.” She rushed over to him and started trying to calm him down to no avail.

“Geez, does she even know how to stop a crying baby?” Applejack said, she didn’t need to scream since he cried quietly.

“I’ll try to help her.” I said, slowly walking over to her and the silently sobbing Hardwired.

“Look Hardwired,” I said. “Everything is going to be fine ok?” I stroked his mane slowly and he started to calm down.

“How are you so good at this?” Twilight asked, “You calmed him down in seconds!”

“Let’s just say I’ve had plenty of practice with animals,” I said, carrying him in my hooves.

“Hey, girls, one more thing,” Twilight told all of us, “You know how next Monday school starts? Well, I’ve enrolled him in my school, so you better teach him well.” She gave a small chuckle before going back to take care of Hardwired.