• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 2,240 Views, 36 Comments

Fluttershy's problem - Raiden296



Twilight invites Fluttershy to a sleepover and something interesting happens

  • ...
10
 36
 2,240

Jealousy

The marshmallow white mare ran back to her boutique with tears streaming down her face. Rarity had planned to go to Fluttershy's cottage and tell her that she was madly in love with her. Although, when she heard two voices inside, she peeked through the window only to see that Fluttershy was nuzzling Twilight's neck.

When Rarity reached her Boutique, she threw the door open, crying while she walked to her room. "What's wrong sis?" Sweetie Belle asked while Rarity was walking up the stairs. She did not say a word to Sweetie Belle and closed the door to her room. Sweetie Belle has never seen her sister this upset before, and decided to leave her sister to calm down before asking what was wrong again.

Rarity lay on her bed, hugging her pillow and softly crying into it. Her heart has never been this hurt before, but she soon realized that it was her fault for letting her go that far in the first place. I should have told her sooner and she might have been mine, she thought. Maybe... Maybe I could win her over, but that would be so selfish of me to steal her away from Twilight. I might just tell her how I feel so I can get it out of my head.

***

After an hour to calm herself down, Rarity came out of her room and went downstairs to get ready to leave for Fluttershy's cottage.

"Sis, are you okay?" Sweetie Belle asked curiously "You looked pretty upset earlier." She looked up at Rarity with concerned filling eyes. She cared dearly for her sister and wouldn't leave her alone till she knew what was wrong.

Rarity looked at her sister and tried to put on the happiest face she could muster. "Why of course I'm okay darling. I was just overreacting about something earlier." She had a sheepish smile as she finished her sentence, hoping Sweetie Belle will believe her.

Sweetie Belle had a suspicious look on her face as she looked Rarity straight in the eyes. "I've seen you overreact before and you've never been upset like you were earlier." She said very matter of factly.

Rarity was still trying her hardest to convince Sweetie Belle she was okay. "I was just overreacting Sweetie, nothing too bad." Sweetie Belle narrowed her eyes and Rarity sighed in defeat. "Fine, I will tell you what happened when I get back. I have to run an errand and it might take a little while. Why don't you go over to Applebloom's for a little bit?" Sweetie Belle's face softened, and without another word, walked out the door heading off in the direction towards Sweet Apple Acres.

***

Fluttershy and Twilight sat on the couch cuddling, and staring into each other’s eyes.

"I've loved you for quite some time," Twilight spoke up, "but I was unsure about what I was feeling until that one day happened." Fluttershy looked at her in confusion. "It was the day you were helping me reorganize my library because Spike was sick and had to stay in bed. Anyways, I couldn't stop looking at you, and every time you looked back at me I got butterflies in my stomach and was forced to look away. I was still unsure about my feelings and ignored them. I knew I loved you when you pulled a book from the shelf and it all the books came crashing down on us. When we got up afterwards, we were nearly about to kiss, that's when I was sure about my feelings for you.

"I wanted to lean in and kiss you so bad, but I was so scared that you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore if you didn't feel the same way. Although I'm glad I got up the courage to kiss you yesterday." Twilight held Fluttershy closer while she finished her story, both their faces turning a deep red.

A sudden knock at the door startled them, causing them to jump. Fluttershy got up with a smile to answer the door while Twilight stayed on the couch, wondering who it could be. Fluttershy opened the door and Rarity was there smiling, but on the inside she was angry and extremely nervous.

"Oh, hello Rarity. What brings you here?" Fluttershy said with a smile.

"Fluttershy darling, can I talk to you in private for a moment?" Fluttershy nodded, walked outside and closed the door behind her.

Twilight, wondering what was going on, walked to a window next to the door, watching the yellow mare converse with the stranger.

"What do you need to talk about Rarity?" Fluttershy was getting worried that something might be terribly wrong.

"I wanted to tell you something, but I'm afraid I might be too late." She could feel tears wanting to form in her eyes as she tried to hold them back with all her might. The thought of not being with Fluttershy hurt her, but this was not the time to cry.

"What do you mean too late? What's wrong Rarity?" Fluttershy's face was full of concern.

"I... I'm in love with you." In a matter of seconds, she kissed Fluttershy. Fluttershy's eyes widened but she did not break the kiss.

Twilight's heart immediately shattered after seeing her dearest friend Rarity, kissing her newly beloved marefriend. She opened the door and Rarity, breaking the kiss at the sudden noise. Twilight walked up to Rarity and swung a hoof across her face then turned to Fluttershy, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Authors note:

Sorry these chapters are so short everyone. I'm quite new to writing and I'm trying my very best. I'll try to make upcoming chapters longer!