• Published 28th Jul 2019
  • 1,657 Views, 7 Comments

Twilight’s Backstage Pass - Lonely Fanboy48



Human Twilight takes her Princess Counterpart to the Starswirl Festival for the whole weekend.

  • ...
8
 7
 1,657

Adagio’s Downfall

Author's Note:

There’s only thirty minutes left until the festival closes. The Rainbooms and PostCrush took the time they need to prepare their plan. They told Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash everything that happened. While they don’t need their help, they can’t wait to see the look on their enemies faces for hijacking their weekend.

Back at The Dazzlings stage, everyone are slowly moving their heads at the sound of the music. Find The Magic has become a hit from The Dazzlings to the point their fans adore it for being quiet and soft. Adagio is real proud of herself to get the attention she stole and so does Aria and Sonata. With nothing coming in their way, they’re definitely going to be coming back next year, or at least what they think.

Behind the stage, The Rainbooms along with Microchips and Space Camp are sneaking under the fence to prevent getting caught from the audience and security. “We are so going to be banned!” Rainbow Dash whispered.

“We’re not, our plan is still working out fine.” Applejack whispered back.

“Is PostCrush and Dirk’s band by the gate?” Rarity asked.

“They should be, I’ll text them once we get to The Dazzlings truck.” Sunset replied. When they’re behind the stage, they also notice that Max Steele is in front of the back gate by the stage. They slowly got up and made their way at The Dazzlings truck. Princess Twilight is feeling paranoid of getting this close of being caught, but she’s not going to leave her friends.

Sunset opened the door quietly as she and Twilight head inside. Her friends closed the door behind while they get to the other side of the truck from getting caught. Sunset turned on the lights and she’s surprised to see Human Twilight and Starlight tied up with duct tape.

“Twilight!” Princess Twilight shouted happy until Sunset covered her mouth.

“Shhh! Quiet!” She whispered loudly.

“Mmmm!! MMMMM!!!!” Both Human Twilight and Starlight moving constantly. Sunset and Princess Twilight untied their friends while taking the duct tape off.

“I know you would find us.” Starlight hugging Sunset.

“We’ll explain all of this later.” Human Twilight hugging her counterpart. “What are we going to do?”

“We’re going to end the careers of The Dazzlings.” Sunset answered as she takes out her phone. She texted Microchips for his cue to put into play. He and Space Camp went behind the stage where most of the cords are connected to the two big screens by the stage. Microchips took out his iPad and tries to connect his videos on the screens.

“There’s still one thing we haven’t found yet.” Princess Twilight staying on topic. “Where’s Supernova’s puppy?”

Starlight and Human Twilight had been in The Dazzlings truck for the majority of the day, they did remember Adagio putting a pet in one of the cabinets. Human Twilight opened the cabinet that’s under the sink and it’s revealed to be Supernova’s pet, Princess Thunder Guts but she’s crying, being in a cage in the dark. Twilight took out the cage under the sink as the girls see Thunder Guts terrified.

“Adagio really isn’t a pet person, is she?” Sunset commented.

“I really don’t want to know what she was going to do with her.” Starlight added.

“Wait, there’s still more.” Human Twilight gave the cage to Starlight to check the other cabinets. She not only saw her geode but also the instruments Dirk used with his band. “Adagio really thinks we’re gonna let this slide huh?”

“Not even close.” Princess Twilight crossing her arms.

Back at the stage, The Dazzlings are almost done with their performance. Microchips and Space Camp manage to disconnect the two big screens which causes technical difficulties. Microchips is scared that he’s going to be in serious trouble but he’s not going to mess the plan up.

The crowd notices that the two screens aren’t working but not long as The Dazzlings are finished. They cap at the performance as Adagio takes her microphone and begins her speech.

“It’s been a delight to have so many of our lovely fans to be attended here.” She smiled.

Aria takes her microphone and begins her speech. “We’re only doing this just to help this festival stay in business...for the next two hours.”

Sonata pretends to act sad while she speaks through her microphone. “I know, it’s very devastating that all of this happened today.”

The crowd felt disappointed that their favorite bands in the Starswirl Festival have canceled their performances. “But don’t worry, we’re always here to keep you satisfied.” Adagio replied.

Behind the stage, the Twilights, Sunset and Starlight quietly moved out of the truck with Thunder Guts in her cage still in their possession. While they get by their friends who are still hiding, they’re listening to The Dazzlings making their speech.

“When we first heard about this festival, we want to spread our vocal cords to all of you. It’s our style to make the music community magnificent.”

Rainbow Dash opened her mouth in disgust from hearing Adagio’s lies which made her friends giggled. Microchips is getting close to finishing with the cords he’s trying to connect. Space Camp also noticed three small black cords that are hanging. Her friends told her to unplug the microphones to have the crowd put their attention more on their evidence. She pulls the cords one by one while Adagio is still talking.

“And one more thing, we’re going to be here for a long time to sing our musical talents in front of all-” Just when she’s about to finish her sentence, her microphone has shut off. She cut herself off in frustration just when she’s at her next step of her plan.

“Adagio my microphone is dead.” Aria patting on her microphone. Microchips manage to connect the wires as his video is on the big screens. With the crowd putting their attention away from Adagio, they all looked at the video. The Dazzlings realized their fans aren’t watching but when they saw themselves on the big screen from last night, their jaw dropped with their eyes shot open.

Everyone of their fans couldn’t believe it. They saw Adagio stealing Princess Thunder Guts from PostCrush’s bus, Aria stealing the instruments from Dirk’s band, not to mention surrounding the two girls, tying their arms together with duct tape and taping over their mouths. They all put their attention back on The Dazzlings, mad that they’re the reasons they cause the festival to cancel the other bands and solo players.

“Adagio,” Sonata whispered. “What are we going to do?”

Adagio had no words at all from the predicament she’s in. The crowd put all their heat on The Dazzlings, even more than the students from Canterlot High. They throw the tacos they’ve been eating at the band, which caused The Dazzlings to run off the stage but stopped when Max Steele prevents them from leaving.

“You’re not going anywhere!” He shouted. “You girls are in serious trouble!” He forces them to be back on stage with no escape as the fans continue the heat. Adagio had never felt the opposite of admiration with her powers gone. After all of these years of having people under her spell, she’s now in their spell.

Then an air horn was heard, causing the crowd to stop while covering their ears. When the air horn has stopped, everyone turned around and saw Kiwi causing that noise. “Let us in!” She demanded.

The security guard opened the gate, allowing PostCrush and Dirk’s band to enter as the crowd got out of their way. The five most popular musicians of the Starswirl Festival glare at The Dazzlings now that the truth has been exposed. They got on stage while The Dazzlings are surrounded with Adagio paranoid with her fist clenching.

“Don’t even try to fool us!” Supernova crossing her arms. “Everything we saw won’t be swept under the rug!”

“You canceled our performances, stole our property, hijacked the Starswirl Festival and committed burglary!” Dirk Thistleweed replied.

“To think hiring you three was a good idea, but boy were we wrong.” Dakota placing her hand on her hip.

“But come on, it’s showbiz right?” Sonata making an awkward smile until Aria hit her with her elbow.

“Showbiz snowbiz!” Supernova rolled her eyes. “We don’t do that kind of stuff here!”

“Especially girls who need auto-tune to sing!” Violet added.

When the Rainbooms saw that the security guard is nowhere by the gate, they continue their plan in action. They went back inside The Dazzlings truck to take out the stolen instruments. Princess Twilight is more then happy her plan has saved the festival from ending earlier.

Adagio Dazzle’s eye has twitched so many times, she is this close to losing it. “You better think...rethink about firing us because...because…”

“Because you’re relentless!” Sunset called as she and her friends place the stolen instruments on the ground. Fluttershy unlocked and opened the cage to take Princess Thunder Guts out. With her care towards animals, she nuzzle to cheer her up which made the puppy smile. She gets on stage while giving a glare at The Dazzlings until she sweetly hands the puppy to Supernova.

“Thank you so much!” She hugged her pet.

“You’re welcome.” Fluttershy responded.

Not only that, the other Rainbooms got on stage after they’re done unloading the truck. Princess Twilight along with her counterpart smirked at their enemies in defeat. “What’s the matter, you can’t handle the heat?” Princess Twilight mocking.

“Maybe you should get medical help instead of staying as a band.” Human Twilight added which caused Adagio to rage. Max Steele blocked The Dazzlings from causing any fights.

“You are not only done in this festival, but also getting arrested for robbery!” Kiwi pointed at The Dazzlings until she smiling turned to the crowd. “As for all of you, we’re going to call everyone who left the festival to come back!”

“We’re back in business!” Supernova cheered. The fans screamed in happiness with the Starswirl Festival continuing until at the end of the night. The Dazzlings are forced to leave the festival since they’re now banned from returning. Before they headed out, Adagio gave the Rainbooms the dirty look. Even she, Aria and Sonata are being sent to jail, they’re still remain the same, no matter what happens to them.

“So much for calling me the one who doesn’t change.” Sunset replied.

“Don’t worry Sunset,” Princess Twilight wrapping her arms around her friend’s shoulder. “At least you're respectful, unlike them.”

“That is...if they can ever handle the true consequences.” Rarity being sassy.

PostCrush then hugs Twilight and Sunset from behind. “Thank you for saving the Starswirl Festival!” Kiwi smiled.

“We definitely owe you big time!” Supernova breaking the hug. “But...since we’re not going to see each for awhile after this festival is over, it has to be today.”

Princess Twilight knows by the time PostCrush’s performance is done, Rarity is driving back to Canterlot High to drop her off. With only eight more hours left, she needs more time to think of something. “Okay, I’ll remind you an hour before you two perform.”

“Works for us.” Kiwi smiled.