• Published 28th Jul 2019
  • 1,657 Views, 7 Comments

Twilight’s Backstage Pass - Lonely Fanboy48



Human Twilight takes her Princess Counterpart to the Starswirl Festival for the whole weekend.

  • ...
8
 7
 1,657

Beat Drops By Unreal Fantasies

Author's Note:

The darkened sky above the Starswirl Festival has shooting stars streaking across the night sky. People brought glow-sticks along so they can lift them in the air to watch their favorite band perform. It’s one of the best things that can come out of the festival when the moon rises.

PostCrush is about to start their performance in front of their fans on their stage with a titantron behind them. Princess Twilight and Sunset Shimmer are waiting in the front row while their friends are on the other side of the crowd.

Princess Twilight is slowly calming down after the stand she made against The Sirens thirty minutes ago. While she isn’t taking back anything she said to them, she’s happy that they’re away from the festival.

“Twilight.” Sunset replied. “I know today was pretty rough, but believe me. When you see PostCrush play their music, it will be better than your first impressions.’

The princess took a few seconds to process the details about what’s coming in minutes. “I really hope you’re right. When I talked to them earlier today, they seem so...ordinary.”

This made Sunset stunted. “Is everyone you see for the first time ordinary? That’s what your counterpart felt when we went to Camp Everfree.”

“Hey, Timber and Gloriosa showed me that last year and I found it more than ordinary. I just think Supernova and Kiwi are lucky their careers are popular.”

Sunset would easily take Twilight’s opinions as complaints, but after so long being apart before her second yacht vacation, she can see Twilight being a Princess in Equestria properly the more she hangs out with her. “You just wait and see.”

The spotlights from the stage in pink color have turned on, one by one, which causes the crowd to cheer. The titantron show off pink hearts, going forward towards the screen, while the speakers burst out the instrumentals of PostCrush’s song.

But before Supernova and Kiwi come out from the bottom of the stage, a girl comes out first. She’s right in front of the titantron, being the DJ of PostCrush. And her name is Vinyl Scratch.
Princess Twilight didn’t forget about her when she took her to Equestria months ago. She knew she would see her again since she has a strong passion for music when she’s a DJ at school or anywhere.

Vinyl notices that the Princess Of Friendship is attended in the crowd. She’s more than happy that she’s here in the festival because she had a conversation with PostCrush on allowing her to use her idea when their song is over.

With Vinyl doing her talent, Supernova and Kiwi came out from the bottom, doing their pose together in front of their fans. Their fans scream in joy to see them on stage yet again. As for Sunset Shimmer, her arms and legs shake in excitement which caught Princess Twilight’s notice.

“You feeling alright?” Twilight asked.

“Like I said, wait and see.” Sunset squealed.

PostCrush’s instruments appear from the ground up of the stage. Kiwi’s guitar with her guitar pick attracted and Supernova’s drum set. They make their way, grab their instruments with microphones in front of them.

“Fans of PostCrush!” Kiwi shouted. “This song is for all your support and love!”

Supernova and Kiwi begin singing their song, True Original in front of their fans as they played their instruments. As for Vinyl Scratch, she moves the records on her set to give the song her style of remix. With remixes becoming popular in the genre, a combination would make people more then happy to listen in occasions.

It made everyone, including Sunset Shimmer way into the remix. Princess Twilight didn’t like the idea of a song being remix, but it didn’t ruin anything for her. The lyrics she heard from Kiwi and Supernova are amazing. And when she hears her instruments, it made her appreciate the song itself. During the conversation she had with them, she can tell she doesn’t expect perfection as long as she’s impressed and entertained.

PostCrush noticed that Twilight and Sunset are watching in the front. They’re happy that Twilight kelp her promise especially on what’s to come after their song is over.

After singing the final lyrics of True Original, PostCrush’s fans cheer again while raising their glow-sticks. Vinyl Scratch did the best in her talent to make her remix with True Original amazing and luckily, her goal succeeded when she saw a sign from a fan with her face on it. As for Kiwi Lollipop and Supernova Zap, they love it when they earn the support from their fans. They’ve become better when they decide to reunite as a full time band.

“Thank you everyone!” Supernova shouted.

“We wouldn’t be here right now without all of you lovely fans.” Kiwi added as she pointed at Vinyl. “And don’t forget to give our DJ, Vinyl Scratch an applause for adding her remix into our song.”

The fans cheered at PostCrush’s DJ which made Vinyl accept the approval from the crowd. She also saw Sunset and Twilight giving her a thumbs up, it made her heart warm when anyone gives her a thumbs up because it shows she never messes anything up.

“Now before we leave, we’re going to sing True Original again but we and Vinyl made an agreement.” Kiwi replied.

“We allowed to have three people along with their best friends to dance on stage at the beat of our music. This is what we called Beat Drops.” Supernova added. The fans became shocked with an opportunity to dance with PostCrush while performing. It’s rare for them to have their dreams come true like this. “Vinyl, come up and pick the people to dance with us.”

Vinyl came up at the edge of the stage and looked closely through her pink shades, putting her attention on the crowd who deserve to be on stage. Sunset Shimmer is shaking in excitement, hoping that Vinyl picks her to be on stage. She may sing with PostCrush before but it’s one of her moments she wants to relive in her life.

For the next minute, Vinyl picked two teens along with their best friends to come on stage. She only has one more person to join in the experience and thanks to her strong knowledge, her friendship always stays in herself and knows how to use it at the right moments. She turned her attention to Twilight with a smile on her face, she pointed at the princess as one of her friends she made are now in the spotlight.

Princess Twilight is surprised that she's the last person to be invited on stage which made the crowd looked at. “Twilight, she’s allowing you on stage!” Sunset cheered. The princess felt way better than she was almost an hour ago. She enjoyed the music from PostCrush and after the talk she had with them, she decides to have Sunset join in the fun.

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Princess Twilight grabbed Sunset’s arm as they went to the other side of the stage where there’s an entrance to be on stage. They get in between the other picks Vinyl chose as they see the crowd of PostCrush fans. They also saw the Rainbooms from the back, cheering loudly when they notice their best friends are on stage with the best band in the Starswirl Festival.

Twilight made the right choice to take her friend who took time to earn redemption, on stage with her favorite band of all time. It’s the only thing she can do to make Sunset happy from her passion of friendship. PostCrush and Vinyl went back to their places as they do their remix of True Original again. The six teens, after mesmerizing the song and the beats of the music, begin to dance.

Vinyl Scratch always think ahead to make any performance way better than the last if she’s part of the music. She pressed a button on her equipment, the titantrons behind her shows three of her choices to dance on stage. It will give her friends the chance to be in the spotlight more with the band by their side.

Twilight and Sunset are enjoying themselves, dancing at the beat of PostCrush’s music. Sunset can feel the energy inside her body. Unlike the times she was on stage with her friends as the Rainbooms, this was bigger in the music genre she’s into. Twilight found this better than her cruise vacation months ago. Even if she did great things like the wave race and meeting new and old friends but getting a makeover, meeting more old friends and dancing on stage are better. While she made promises with Microchips and Principal Celestia, she can’t wait what’s waiting for her tomorrow in the festival.

PostCrush and Vinyl Scratch have finished their song again with their fans cheering again. Princess Twilight felt so satisfied while Sunset Shimmer is feeling the dream all over again. Her eyes are lid with a smile on her face along her cheeks glowing a small red color.

“Oh Twilight, that was amazing!” Sunset giving her princess friend a hug. “I knew taking you would make you feel the experience like I did.”

“You don’t have to mention it. After all, it's been a long time coming to give you my friendship.” Twilight hugging back. She also saw PostCrush giving her a thumbs up. Today was Twilight’s first day but tomorrow will be her second and last day of the festival. She can only hope she and Sunset can meet PostCrush again, hanging out so she can know them more like how they became a band. Right now, she has a schedule in her mind, two people she’s going to meet while meeting more bands she hasn’t met yet. While today was the best she’d had in this world, tomorrow will be a day she’ll never forget.