• Published 9th Feb 2021
  • 1,566 Views, 256 Comments

Jak and Daxter: Heirs of Mar - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, and Cozy Glow grow up in Sandover Village with Keira, Jak, and Daxter, where they train and play everyday, all while unaware of the grand adventure that's ahead of all of them.

  • ...
36
 256
 1,566

PreviousChapters Next
Kras: Razer Joins the KGC

One thing Starlight noticed, when the morning of the next day arrived, was that Pele and the other variations of twilight had disappeared, save for Midnight, though that told her that Twilight must have cancelled her test for the time being and would get back to it once the KGC was over, but she was surprised to find that her sister had nothing to say on the matter as she focused on preparing for whatever events would be coming their way once Rayn got back from speaking with the officials of the sport. Another thing that both she and Cozy noticed was that there was an influx in Twilight's power, as it seemed like her power had gone up a little since the start of the KGC, why neither of them had any idea and it didn't seem like their sister felt like sharing what was going on right now, and maybe she wasn't aware of what was going on, though they would have time to speak on it once they were done with this sport. Jak, of course, noticed that something was up as well, since it was odd for his sisters to be like this, and Daxter tilted his head for a moment as he considered what they had been told after the downfall of Errol and his Dark Maker Terraformer, though neither of them said anything as Keira joined them, revealing that all of their vehicles were fine and that they were ready for whatever events were up today, even if she knew that Jak was far more interested in worthy racers, hence why he was waiting for Razer to join the fun. The rest of the team, on the other hand, didn't care what was going on with the siblings, since they knew that if something was wrong with one of the siblings they would say something and let those around them know it, so since they were keeping quite Sig and the others waited for Rayn to show up and tell them what sort of events they would be facing today.

A few moments later Rayn walked in and revealed that she had a schedule of what events they would be facing today, with the first being a visit to the Seaport Strip track so they could tackle a Turbo Dash event, where Jak, his sisters, Keira, and the rest of their team readied all of their vehicles before heading out on the transport, though sure enough Shiv's group was waiting for them to arrive and once everyone was present Rayn, once more, took her position with the rest of the announcers so they could get the event started.

Sure enough Shiv's group did their absolute best to take down Jak, his sisters, and Keira, though Sig's group did everything in their own power to make sure none of their enemies were able to get anywhere near the siblings, allowing them to take all of the Power Cells that lined the track, use the turbo power to charge them up, and fired each of them once a cell was at full power, though with how Shiv's team was being treated they didn't have to worry about being attacked by Mizo's team and could focus on their rivalry once more. By the end of the event Jak had over thirty points, Keira and Twilight had thirty, the rest of his sisters scored between twenty-five to thirty, leaving everyone else with lower scores, something they didn't care about since the main thing was to make sure Jak and his siblings scored the gold medal, so with another added to the collection they regrouped and waited for Rayn to join them with the news of what event was next on the list, even though Jak found Razer glaring at them from the stands. Rayn quickly informed Jak and his team that they would be returning to Sanctuary, so they could tackle a Circuit Race that would be taking place on the Northern Tour track, where they found out that Shiv's group was doing everything in their power to bring them down and prevent them from gaining more of the gold medals that were required to move forward, though Jak was happy to have a challenge since facing off against his sisters for the camera was proving to be less fun than he originally believed it to be. Despite their attempts, however, Jak gained the gold medal for the event, with Keira and his sisters following right behind him, much to the dismay of Shiv's group, as all of them had to be getting tired of losing to them all the time, though as they gathered near their transport they found that Rayn had good news for them, that they had qualified for the first Qualifying Event of the Blue Eco Cup, a Freeze Rally event that would be taking place on the Kras City track.

Since it was a Freeze Rally and not a Circuit Race there was no reason for Shiv's group or Sig's group to do anything, which left the event in the hands of Jak, his sisters, and Keira to race against each other and put on a show for those that were watching Blitz's show, though thanks to their skills they were able to break the gold time limit with ease and added a new gold medal to their growing collection, causing the crowd to cheer for them once more, but the interesting thing was that no new vehicles showed up, which they were fine with.

With that done the siblings and their team found that the next event was a new one, an event called 'Capture' and involved the two teams racing around an area while participating in a capture the flag style challenge, which was interesting and it made the siblings wonder if Shiv's group would be able to provide a challenge for them, or at least for Jak since he was just waiting for Razer to join the opposing team and face them at long last. They found that the Capture event would be taking place in the Dirt Stadium, where two bases were set up, one on each side of the area, and that to score points they either had to capture the Power Cell in the area that their base had been set up in or take out their enemies, where the former gave them more points than gunning down those who opposed them, though for it to be fair the officials made it so both teams would be equal to each other, so four on four, meaning Jak and his sisters took to the field on their own, to face off against Shiv's group and UR-86. Despite most of their team having to sit this event out, since some wanted to tackle it with Jak, the siblings found that Shiv's group did everything possible to score points against them and make it so Mizo's team could finally win one of the gold medals, though it didn't matter in the end as Jak and his sisters split up the moment all of the announcers called for this event to begin, making it impossible for Mizo's team to actually track them down and take even one of them down. Thanks to their Eco powers they were able to figure out where each Power Cell would end up, so they could swoop in and claim it before Mizo's team even realized what was going on, and then protected it until whoever had it claimed it inside their base, earning them a total of ten points per Power Cell captured, so it didn't take them long to gain the fifty points needed to earn the gold medal and showed Mizo that his team wasn't as hot as he originally believed, meaning he might call Razer out if they kept smashing his team into the ground.

Jak had to admit that the Capture event was rather interesting, even if he and his sisters dominated it without allowing the opposing team to score a single point against them, though since Rayn didn't have the information on what was coming up next he, Keira, and his sisters made a quick stop at their garage to make sure everything was fine with their vehicles, as while she trusted them with their racers Keira wanted to make sure everything was fine before disaster struck, though that lead to something interesting happening.

"Oh look, the grease monkeys are busy putting their toy cars together... so I can take them apart." a voice said, where they found Razer walking into the garage area that Jak and his sisters had joined Keira in, though his words caused them to stir for a moment, because it sure sounded like he was trying to tell them that he was coming out of retirement, or at least Jak hoped so since the man was supposed to be a very skilled racer and he wanted to see how well they fared against him on the track, hopefully to the point where he gave them some excitement.

"Good luck with that, Razer, as everyone we've faced have failed to take our vehicles apart." Starlight commented, though as she said that Razer stopped in front of Jak and Keira, showing them that he was focused on their brother and not on any of them, which would normally be a fatal mistake given the powers she and her siblings possessed, but the others said nothing as they watched the man.

"Oh, I know Shiv's group has failed... that's why I just came by to tell you I'm officially coming out of retirement, just for all of you, Jak." Razer replied, revealing that he was finally getting on the track and that he was no longer going to watch from the stands, like he had been doing since the moment he appeared on camera, though not a few seconds later he lifted his cigarette up and took a puff of it before letting out some smoke as he stared at Jak, "Everyone's screaming for us to swap paint, and when this is over this town won't mourn your passing, as I'll be killing all of you on the track, meaning those who bet on you will only lament how much money they lost betting on a loser."

"I'm looking forward to seeing you in action, Razer," Jak stated, because this was fantastic news in his eyes, as he had been waiting for the day when Razer joined the action and raced against them on the track, because he was supposed to be one of the best in this sport and that made him interested in what he was capable of, especially after beating UR-86 so often it became boring, and he even flashed the man a grin to show his excitement.

Razer stared at him for a few more seconds before departing as quickly as he had arrived, where they found Rayn walking in and she informed them that the next event was a Circuit Race through the Loading Docks track, though when they and their team landed near Shiv's group Jak discovered something that put a smile on his face, Razer was present and he had a vehicle that was ready to face them on the track, which caused the siblings to climb into their own vehicles as they waited for the announcers. Sure enough not a few moments later Rayn and the other announcers called for the event to start at last, causing the racers to surge forward without wasting any time at all, though this time around Twilight, Starlight, Cozy, and Keira hung back a little as Jak and Razer immediately started to engage each other for the first place position, putting on a show for those who had been waiting for them to clash with each other. It was rather interesting to witness from their position, as the pair clashed with each other by using their weapons to counter whatever the other happened to be doing at any given moment, making the pair like a mobile war zone in the eyes of Twilight and her sisters, though to be sure no one ruined the event Sig's team made sure to knock down Shiv's group, preventing them from getting anywhere near the racers that were further ahead of them. Another thing they discovered was that this Circuit Race was one of the rare ones that had three laps, instead of two, though eventually what Twilight, Starlight, Cozy, and Keira were expecting happened, Jak scored a good hit against Razer and knocked his foe backwards for a short period of time, allowing the others to pass by him and send him down the positions until even Sig's group passed by him, something that was possible since Twilight held back for a time and blasted him so everyone else could drive by him.

By the end of the event Razer was nowhere near Jak and his sisters, who earned the gold medal once more, though while everyone was cheering for their victory Cozy found that Razer simply frowned before driving over to his transport, where he likely felt that he would be victorious over them at some point in the future, since there were a number of events that were between them and the Qualifying Event, or the Grand Prix for that matter. With that done they regrouped with Rayn, who was a little surprised by the fact that they had beaten Razer in an event, even though it would be some time before any real damage was done to his reputation, before she revealed that they had earned another vehicle, a low one called the Havoc V12, though once more they focused less on the new vehicle and more on the events that were between them and the Grand Prix. After that Rayn revealed that the next event would be taking place in Sanctuary, as it was going to be on the Badlands Sanctuary track and that it was a Death Race, meaning there was no reason for them to even worry about Razer showing up, especially since Shiv's group never bothered to come to these sorts of events and it meant that Sig and the others would be watching on the sidelines, watching them claim another gold medal for the team so they could tackle whatever was after this. It took some time for the siblings to reach the end of the Death Race, though when they did Jak, as usual, had broken the gold score of a hundred and forty, as he hit a hundred and sixty while his sisters and Keira ended up scoring between a hundred and fifty to a hundred fifty-five, meaning another gold medal was theirs and it brought them one step closer to the second Qualifying Event and the Grand Prix of this Cup, not to mention the start of the final Cup the moment this one was over.

While they were waiting for news on what event was up next Jak and his sisters found that Pecker and Blitz were on again, where it looked like they were talking about Blitz's father and the fact that his father had been a racer, one who perished at some point in his career, though since there wasn't much information for them to take from the show Twilight noticed an odd thing that none of them had noticed before, the show host happened to be heterochromia, his right eye was blue and his left was green, but other than that and the information about his father there wasn't much for them to learn at this point in time. After that Rayn informed them that they would be heading to the Clifftop Battlefield for a Deathmatch, which they were fine with since it was an easy event to tackle, though the interesting thing that they discovered was that Razer wasn't done racing against them, as he joined the event and raced against them in an effort to take them down and prevent them from gaining the gold medal once again. Of course the problem was that he came alone, either meaning Shiv's team decided to stay behind and watch or they declined racing against Jak and his sisters in this sort of event, likely knowing that they would be beaten in due time, though Jak was fine with that since it allowed him to continue his fight against Mizo's top racer, even if he still managed to score the ten points needed to win the gold, with Keira and his sisters scoring between seven to nine on their own, leaving Razer with a miserable three points. With that done Razer departed as Rayn informed them that they were done for the day, which meant they would be able to rest and ready themselves for whatever the future held for all of them, though given the fact that Razer had shown up it meant that Mizo was growing desperate to defeat them and Jak wasn't afraid of facing whatever was sent their way, just like his sisters were ready for anything as well.

PreviousChapters Next