• Published 9th Feb 2021
  • 1,566 Views, 256 Comments

Jak and Daxter: Heirs of Mar - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, and Cozy Glow grow up in Sandover Village with Keira, Jak, and Daxter, where they train and play everyday, all while unaware of the grand adventure that's ahead of all of them.

  • ...
36
 256
 1,566

PreviousChapters Next
Precursor: Problems on the Mountain

The first thing that Jak and his sisters did was, instead of heading into the rest of the lava filled crater that was around them, head back to the passage that would allow them to head back to Mountain Pass if one of them wanted to do so, though the only reason Jak was doing this was because he recalled hearing a sound over here and, sure enough, they found the first Scout Fly box of this area resting nearby, which they smashed and recovered the little robot that had been trapped inside it, before they headed back to the hut's opening and crossed the bridge to cross over to the rest of the crater, as there was a cave nearby and they felt that they might as well explore it. What they discovered were a couple of Precursor Orbs resting near the opening of the cave and, more importantly, the second Scout Fly box, before the siblings came to a stop for a moment as each of them noticed what was at the end of the cave's passage, as there was a massive blue gemstone, roughly about the size of the Red Sage's hut, though standing in front of the stone were two Humans that were in the middle of digging it out, or at least one of them was digging and the other seemed to be watching, either due to taking a break or just not wanting to get his hands dirty at all. One of the figures was short and plump, with muddy clothing that was typical of a miner, while he had a blue colored mustache that looked like the ends had green tips and he had some sort of metallic helmet on that had a light attached to it, either a candle or a torch of some kind, though that was when Twilight noticed he was wearing a pot on his head, not the best protection in her mind, while the other figure was a taller and thinner looking individual, with an even dirtier pair of clothing than his partner was wearing, and he had a bird cage on his head, with a small yellow bird inside it, and it was easy for them to see that one of the individuals was carrying a shovel and explosives while the other carried a pickaxe that looked unused. For the most part it looked like neither of the figures even noticed them standing there, just watching what they were doing and taking in the size of the gemstone they were trying to dig out, before eventually noticing that there were a few more shadows in this area and then realized that the siblings were standing there, something that caused the shorter one to walk over and declare that there was nothing for them to see and that they were going to be leaving soon as well, only for his partner to reveal the truth of the matter, that this was a 'priceless' gem.

What the siblings discovered, over the course of a few moments of talking with the miners, were the names of the pair, as the short one was called Gordy and the tall one was Willard, with the bird having no name apparently, before discovering an interesting piece of information from them, that they were in possession of four Power Cells and that Gordy didn't care for them all that much, however he was interested in the gemstone they were digging out and he did like Precursor Orbs, something which lead to Jak asking if he would be willing to make a trade with them, ninety Orbs for a Power Cell, which was the standard trade amount, something that caused Gordy to agree and informed them that they had twelve more years of digging to figure out how to transport the gem, so the Power Cells would be here whenever the siblings wanted to claim them... which also allowed them to see that Willard was doing all of the work and Gordy was just the boss, leading to the siblings leaving so they could search the rest of the region.

Once they were done talking to the pair of miners, who went back to their tasks, the siblings left the area and headed to the right of the cave, from the direction of exiting it to be exact, and found a few more Precursor Orbs that brought them down to yet another Precursor Oracle, who told them to 'seek the pure light, for the answers resided within it', which did make the group wonder if there was a sixth type of Eco, even though Twilight made sure to inform them, as they took a moment to smash the third Scout Fly box resting near the Oracle's position, that Light Eco was just a myth and that there was no evidence of it existing in the first place. Even Samos, one of the most respected Sages, didn't believe in Light Eco at all, so the only reason such a thing existed was because Dark Eco was believed to be one of the darkest and evilest types in the world and that there had to be a polar opposite, one that shined a light on the darkness and countered it, but at this moment there was nothing in the world, save for the Precursor Oracles, that even made reference to Light Eco, and those were sketchy at best, despite what they just heard from the one they had talked to, though once Twilight explained all of the reasoning behind the decision Jak left the area the Oracle was in and resumed exploring the rest of the crater with his sisters following after him. From there they headed over to an area that seemed to have a pair of trolley tracks that had a number of carts riding on top of the metal, which was resting on a number of earth pillars and must have been made by the Red Sage at one point, even though the carts appeared to have a leveled top so someone could stand on them and use one of them to reach one of the other regions of this place, though from what they could see there might be two paths to clear out, one to the left of the tracks and one to the right, with the latter heading over a bunch of lava and would be far more dangerous to all of them, but that was when Twilight pointed out a gondola that was resting nearby and they took a moment to follow the rope path the wooden contraption was attached to, complete with a piston device that happened to be the power source, where they found that it lead to the highest point of the mountain, or part of it, and they could have sworn that they saw snow up there. Based on what she was seeing it appeared that either Keira needed to fix it or they had to find some Power Cells from the local area, something that prompted Jak and Daxter to turn around and head back into the cave the miners were in, to which the sisters followed him and found that he was trading over the majority of their Precursor Orbs to the pair, earning them the four Power Cells they had, much to Gordy's annoyance, no doubt since he had no desire to talk to them or something, before they returned to the gondola and the Communicator appeared, which caused them to pause once more.

"Hey guys, I just finished repairing the gondola... seems that Gol, Maia, and the Red Sage caused something to disconnect during their struggle and all I had to do was reattach it to repair the machine," Keira said, confirming Twilight's thoughts on the matter, that they didn't need to get some Power Cells to power it up, even though it had been a viable idea at the time, but this just meant that none of them had to return to where Gordy and Willard were mining, rather they would have to come back when they had enough for both of the Oracle's Power Cells, where they remained silent for a time as Keira spoke up once more, "Also, my father and I were able to figure out what the Red Sage had discovered before he vanished, as there is a group of Lurkers up in Snowy Mountain trying to excavate some frozen Dark Eco stores, frozen walls that just so happen to have a bunch of Dark Eco containers trapped inside them, and there's another group inside Spider Cave, looking for Dark Eco crystals to harvest for Gol and Maia, so my father wants you guys to take both groups out and, at the same time, destroy any of the crystals you find inside the cave... and, by my calculations, we'll need seventy-two Power Cells so power the zoomer's heat shield so it can withstand the heat of the Lava Tubes, which happens to be the quickest way for us to get to Gol and Maia's Citadel, if my readings are correct."

"Don't worry, we'll take care of the two groups and gather the Power Cells," Jak replied, to which the Communicator quickly returned to their pack and the four of them stood there for a moment, as now they knew the names of the regions and an idea of what was happening right now, or at least what the Lurkers were trying to do in the name of Gol and Maia, though he knew that his sisters were also thinking about things and it was when he decided on what they might do before heading for the Citadel that their main targets were doing their work in, "How about this: Twilight and I can tackle Snowy Mountain, and deal with the Lurkers going after the Dark Eco stores, while Starlight and Cozy, you two can see what's lurking inside the Spider Cave and take down the minions that are trying to get their hands on those crystals."

His sisters glanced at each other for a moment, where it was easy for him to see that none of them were disappointed in what he had said and they quickly agreed with his suggestion, to which he and Twilight climbed onto the wooden lift that was connected to the series of ropes, where the press of a button allowed them to head all the way up towards the top of this area, leaving Starlight and Cozy to make their way across the rest of the rock pillars and finish off everything that was in Volcanic Crater, minus the Oracle's two Power Cells, before heading into Spider Cave, to which the siblings and Daxter focused on the area they were heading towards, since they knew the others would be able to handle whatever was inside the region Jak suggested that they check out.

"Are you worried about what we discovered?" Jak asked, figuring that he could take some of the time and talk with Twilight before they reached the end of the path and entered Snowy Mountain, even though it appeared that this was going to be a rather short trip since the gondola was moving a little faster than what he thought, but even as he said that he could tell that his sister knew what he was referring to, the fact that Gol and Maia said that they would be sure to come get her just before the Dark Eco took over the world and wiped out everything that it touched, or at least that was according to what Samos told him, his sisters, and Keira all the time when he brought up the subject, and he wanted to see if she was maybe worried or terrified of the prospect of being kidnapped by the pair of Dark Eco Sages.

"Of the possible end of the world? Of course. Of being kidnapped by Gol and Maia, as a potential research partner, not as much as you might think I should be," Twilight replied, showing Jak that she was more worried about the possible end of the world if Gol and Maia got their way and that she wasn't all too worried about herself at this point, especially since she could fight back and might have a better chance to defend herself since neither of the Dark Sages seemed to know that much about the magic that she, Starlight, and Cozy wielded, before she sighed as the gondola came to a stop, giving them a chance to see what was in front of them, "Come on, let's get to work and worry about this later... those Lurkers aren't going to stop themselves, after all."

Jak nodded as they stared out at the area that was in front of them, as Snowy Mountain lived up to its name due to all of the snow that littered the ground and sides of the mountain that he and his sister could see, not to mention the fact that a cave rested beyond where the gondola came to a stop, there happened to be a cylinder shaped object in the ground, one that had a shield of some kind around its base and part of its upper form, and a small snow boulder rolled down beyond a gap they would be jumping over, so they would have to be careful about traps being in this area as well, before they got off the gondola and stepped down into the snow. Twilight took a moment to gather their surroundings and nodded as she checked the temperature regulator that she and Jak were wearing, which would help them with the cold of the mountain, and discovered that they were working quite well at the moment and seemed to be doing their job, though finding some jackets or something would be best, as she knew the regulators had a certain period of time they could be used for and if they were still on the mountain when the devices deactivated they would feel the full force of the icy wind. One thing the siblings discovered was that there was a Lurker slumbering in the snow near the gondola, one who had blue skin and had a beast pelt on its head, which wasn't what Twilight was expecting to find and meant that they couldn't take the attire from the Lurkers who called this place home, though that didn't stop Jak from punching their foe in the face and knocked it onto its back, where Twilight took a moment to study it before labeling it as a Snow Lurker, due to its skin coloration and the fact that it had been sleeping in the snow, and she even blasted another one as it sprung out of the thick snow. Based on what they could see there were a number of Snow Lurkers slumbering in the snow and the sound of battle drew them out into the open, as the siblings found that there were at least ten of them in total, but that didn't stop them from punching and kicking their foes into the ground, allowing them to focus on the shield cylinder, where Twilight took a look at it and determined that one of them would have to crouch down and perform the high jump to get over the highest point of the shield, to land on top of the device, though at the same time she wondered if she could form some steps to get up over it as well, something she would have to try out at some point in the near future.

As such Jak performed the technique in question and got over the shield wall, allowing him to grab some Orbs at the same time no less, before landing on top of the device, which just seemed to deactivate it entirely, before they headed over to the gap that was in front of him and discovered that there was a Scout Fly box, the first of Snowy Mountain, which Jak took a moment to smash as Twilight roll jumped over to the other side of the gap, picking up some Orbs as well, even though it didn't take him long to catch up with her as they took in what was around them, as there was a Lurker shaped foe just walking around near their location, though it was made entirely out of ice, so it was like Gol and Maia had found a way to empower the ice to move on its own, even though this seemed more natural than anything else. As such Twilight decided on calling it an Ice Monster, since it clearly wasn't a Lurker based on the normal one that was wandering nearby, and when it noticed them it encased its body in a number of spikes before rushing at them, only to slam into the shimmering shield that Twilight created not a few seconds later, causing the creature to stagger and lose its spikes, which put a few small holes in the barrier and told Twilight that she needed to work on this spell, before Jak lashed out with a punch and quickly smashed their foe to pieces. With the Ice Monster down Twilight kicked the nearby Lurker in the side of the head, taking it out in seconds, before she and Jak started to climb up the ramp that was to the left of the cave, which allowed them to see that there was a path heading downwards, though for now both of them carefully avoided the rolling snow boulders that were coming their way and collected the various Precursor Orbs they found, along with two shield cylinders, where Jak just used the high jump to get over the barrier while Twilight used her steps to do the same thing, allowing them to collect a few more Orbs and deactivate two more devices, though what purpose they served Twilight was still trying to figure out as she and Jak continued moving forward. At the end of the ramp the siblings discovered a few things, off to their left rested a Lurker in charge of a device that appeared to be drilling into an icy wall, the ones Samos discovered earlier, though off to their right rested a Red Eco vent, which was interesting to see, and beyond that rested a large fortress which appeared to be made out of wood and metal, and came equipped with a gate that they were going to have to lower at some point, as Twilight wasn't sure she could teleport inside there while having no idea what the interior looked like, so finding a switch or a button to lower the gate was added to their list of things to do in this region.

What they did was take a moment to empower themselves with the Red Eco that was coming out of the nearby vent and walked over to the other side of the snow boulder path, where it was easy to find a pair of Lurkers, a small rabbit that did look like a rabbit had been merged with a Lurker and the Ice Monster, so a Snow Bunny in Twilight's eyes, and one more foe that was sitting on the machine that was trying to smash through the ice to get at the Dark Eco canisters that they had been tasked with acquiring, though it didn't take their foes long to notice that they were walking towards them and rushed over towards the siblings. Jak dodged an incoming attack and punched the Lurker that was coming at him in the face, while Twilight kicked her first foe in the side of the face and blasted the Snow Bunny with a very small magical blast, but as soon as that was done, and all three of their foes were taken care of, which was actually four since Twilight found a third Lurker off to the side and just kicked it into the nearby wall, the heavily armed Lurker that was on top of the ram jumped down to where they were standing and lifted a wooden shield to defend itself, even though it might be possible it was using it as both a weapon and a shield, but that was when Jak rushed forward and punched his way through the shield, which had to be due to the Red Eco, and he punched the Trooper Lurker into a different wall to knock it out. Once that was done, and they were sure the stronger looking foe wasn't getting back up, Twilight took a moment to channel her magic and quickly crushed the machine the Trooper Lurker had been sitting on until their arrival, making sure that nothing was left for their foes to use to get at the Dark Eco canisters that were trapped in the ice, but once that was done they headed back to the snow boulder ramp and walked down it for a few moments, before turning down the path to the left and started to pick up all of the Orbs that were in their way as they drew closer to the fortress. Along the way they had to jump down a few steps made out of stone and found a few foes, a Lurker and a Snow Bunny, and simply punched them in the face to knock them out, allowing the siblings to access the bridge that was in front of them, even though it had a number of missing planks that they would have to jump over and some ice that they needed to be careful of, though staring at that allowed Jak and Twilight to see that there was a path heading down to where a few Snow Lurkers were standing, including a Scout Fly box, a Red Eco vent, and a path leading to another Trooper Lurker, who was far away from the others.

Jak proceeded to head down the side path and dropped down into the area that the Snow Lurkers were wandering around in and spun around so he could kick the two of them into the ground with ease, while Twilight followed after him and took a moment to blast the Snow Bunny and another Snow Lurker that emerged from the thick snow, which was when both of them empowered their bodies with Red Eco, from a nearby vent, and crossed over a few snow covered steps that just so happened to bring them to where the Trooper Lurker was working on another ice covered wall, to which they took down the pair of Lurkers that were guarding it and then smashed through the Trooper's defenses, with Twilight making sure to smash the ram to pieces as well. Once that was done they headed back up the path and reached the ice covered bridge that would allow them to reach the fortress, where Jak smashed the second Scout Fly box as they moved through the area it was in, but so far neither of them had seen a button or switch to access, not that they were expecting it to be easy to find in the first place, where decided to head to the left of the bridge, after collecting some Precursor Orbs along the way, and tackle the couple of Lurkers and Snow Bunnies that happened to be outside the main gate, which was when both of them found a decent number of shield cylinders they needed to power down. One thing that Twilight noticed as they moved to the left of the gate was that there was an Ice Monster off to the right, along with some steps that happened to head to a higher point and a moving Precursor platform that might go to the same area, not to mention some trees that seemed like they might be hiding a cave from their view, something they would have to check later, before turning her attention to the foes that were in front of them as she and Jak punched and kicked their way through the couple of Lurkers and the pair of Snow Bunnies, and as soon as they cleared out an area they either used the high jump or Twilight's platforms to get above the shields to power the cylinders down, even though neither of them really had any idea why they were doing it, they just felt that it was the right thing to do. The only thing they had to worry about was the fact that the ground was also covered in ice and it made them slide around a little, something both of them got used to rather easily and even used it against any enemies that were around the outside of the fortress, before discovering that there was another bridge, missing a couple of planks, which lead over to a pillar of earth that was also covered in ice, while also having a few shield cylinders and one or two Lurkers guarding the area, not to mention a Snow Bunny or two.

With the area that the two shield cylinders were resting in cleared out, and they were sure of that, the siblings jumped over the next bridge, which rested to the left of the end of the area, and found a cave that another shield cylinder rested in and, more importantly, a moving Precursor platform that brought them to an area which happened to have a massive amount of Snow Bunnies jumping all over the place, a number of Dark Eco boxes, and a Red Eco vent that the siblings used a few seconds later, empowering their bodies as they lashed out at the enemies that were in front of them and the boxes that were resting near them, where Jak and Twilight found that they were able to smash their way through the Dark Eco boxes without taking any damage and reached the highest point of the area, which earned them a Power Cell. After clearing out the cave of enemies and Dark Eco boxes, where the latter was just to ruin Gol and Maia's plans by depriving them of more Dark Eco, the siblings headed up through the small passage that was near where the Power Cell had been resting, picked up a few more Precursor Orbs, and then found an opening which dropped them down near the front of the fortress, over on the side that lead back to the start of this region, to which they crossed over the bridge and headed off to the right this time around. While they did that Twilight was able to see that her observations were correct, there were two paths for her and Jak to take, both of which seemed to lead to the same area from where they happened to be standing, though the first thing they did was tackle the Ice Monster that burst out of the snow near one of the shield cylinders, where they repeated what Twilight had done the first time, focus her power into a shield that would tank the incoming attack and, once their foe hit it and was stalled, Jak would lash out with his fist and smash the creature to pieces, which was exactly what happened when the creature tried to rush one of them into the ground. Once the Ice Monster was beaten Twilight jumped over the nearby barrier and turned off the machine that she and Jak had been skating towards, the siblings headed over to the area that a few Precursor platforms were moving in and smashed open the third Scout Fly box that was over there, adding it to the list of the ones they had saved so far, before taking out the four Snow Lurkers that had been slumbering in the snow, using their fists or their feet, or hooves in Twilight's case, to knock them into the walls or the ground, which was followed by them using the platforms to access the area that they were connected to, including a few Precursor Orbs that were resting near some of the ice the pair of platforms were floating against.

When they reached the upper level the siblings found that there were a few shield cylinders, where Twilight had to wonder what sort of name the Precursors gave them in the past, a number of Precursor Orbs, a couple of wooden chests, a bridge that was connected to a new area, some metallic boxes they couldn't break, a Red Eco vent that seemed to be out of place, if there weren't any Trooper Lurkers in the area, and some transparent ice that they had to skate on, to which Jak watched as a smile appeared on Twilight's face as she looked down and stared straight through the ice, where he did the same as Daxter followed his lead, to which they focused on what Twilight was looking at.

"Twilight, is that what I think it is?" Jak asked, as there was a large Precursor structure under where they were standing at the moment, one that he had only seen one of in the past and that was back in the temple in the Forbidden Jungle, which happened to be where they found the switch for all of the Blue Eco vents that were scattered throughout the continent, so since this one seemed to have yellow energy dancing around it's open center, similar to what they had seen previously, he had to assume that this structure was the switch that would activate the Yellow Eco vents and allow the four of them to go back into Mountain Pass to blast the one rock boulder apart to see what it was hiding.

"I'm positive that its the switch to active the Yellow Eco vents," Twilight replied, where she noticed a path resting near the structure which appeared to be connected to the small cave she had spotted earlier, meaning that if she and Jak went into the cave they would be able to access the ancient structure and open all of the Yellow Eco vents, or at least the ones that hadn't been sealed off in the past, which should boost their chances of overcoming Gol and Maia's plans, how she wasn't entire sure right now since they had no idea what the Citadel looked like, but finding this was a stroke of good luck and it made her wonder what else she and Jak might discover while they were exploring Snowy Mountain, even if Daxter was the only one who didn't seem all that interested in what they were doing.

As soon as the siblings were done talking Jak punched the Lurkers that were nearby, both normal and Snow based, right in the face and kicked them in the chest to take them out, while at the same time Twilight blasted the Snow Bunnies and took a moment to punch a Lurker into a wall, and once those foes were taken down they went to work turning off the couple of shield cylinders that were in this area, something that, when the last one was deactivated, produced a Power Cell that Jak grabbed to add to the collection, before they turned a corner near the bridge and found a third Trooper Lurker and a small group of Lurkers, three to be exact, guarding it. The Lurkers definitely weren't happy to see them and rushed over to the area that the siblings were standing in, where Twilight blocked an attack with a bit of magic and then blasted her foe right in the chest while Jak spun around and knocked both of his targets down as well, opening the way for the Trooper Lurker to jump off its machine and walk towards them with its shield raised, but, like the last two times they fought these foes, it was a simple matter to smash through the shield with a Red Eco empowered punch and then a kick finished it off, which allowed Twilight to crush the machine in question, though not before a Power Cell was ejected from it, meaning there were only three Trooper Lurkers in Snowy Mountain and they wouldn't have to worry about running into another one as they finished off the rest of the region. With the Power Cell gained Jak looked over the ledge of the area they were in and found that the side path that Twilight had spotted, which would also lead someone up here, happened to have a Scout Fly box and he carefully traversed the path to reach the area it was resting in, allowing him to free the fourth little robot from its box and then return to where his sister was standing, who smiled and nodded her head, as she was pleased by what they were doing at the moment, before they turned their attention to the bridge that happened to be resting nearby and found that it was like the others in this place, it was missing some planks. On the other side of the bridge, after navigating the couple of gaps that were in the way, Jak, Twilight, and Daxter found one of the trans-pads resting below them and that Keira had sent the Flut Flut to them, meaning it should be able to help them make their way through the region and figure out where a button or switch for the fortress gate was located, and unfortunately it was impossible for two of them to ride on the bird's back, since it was built for a single rider and not two, to which Jak stepped to the side and beckoned for his sister to take the reins this time, to which Twilight nodded and climbed onto the Flut Flut's back.

Interestingly enough it didn't buck her off or anything, rather it let out a few sad chirps, like it wanted Jak to ride it into the area that was in front of it, rather it just refused to move and caused Twilight to sigh as she switched with her brother, as she had the feeling that this was due to the bird seeing Daxter as it's 'mother' and likely thought Jak was the father, or at least that was what she felt the Birdwatcher would say if she witnessed this, to which Jak made sure the Flut Flut was okay with this setup and it let out a happy chirp once more, where it walked off the trans-pad and showed both of them that it was ready for a new adventure. Twilight watched as Jak moved it over to a Precursor button that was nearby and it, when pressed into the ground, activated a number of Precursor platforms that floating above the massive gap that was in front of them, meaning the Flut Flut was here to help them navigate this part of Snowy Mountain, to which he raced off not even a few seconds later and Twilight watched as he and the Flut Flut jumped over the gaps between the platforms, collecting a number of Precursor Orbs along the way, and once he was gone Twilight sighed and retraced her steps so she could stare at the large gate that prevented her and her brother from entering the fortress. A few minutes later she smiled as the gate started to lower into the ground, opening the way for them to actually get inside the structure that had to have the rest of the Scout Flies, Orbs, and Power Cells of this place, save for the cave that went to the Yellow Eco switch, to which she took another few seconds to see if anything else happened and noticed Jak riding a Precursor platform up to the area that was in front of the fortress, something that caused her to move from where she had been standing and climbed down the side path and walked over to where her brother was standing, who informed her that he had found a good number of Orbs during the little adventure he and the Flut Flut had been on and, more importantly, it ended in him finding the button that lowered the gate, not to mention a Power Cell that was added to their collection. Jak did mention that there was a trans-pad at the end of the path that he let the Flut Flut rest in, so it could be teleported out of here and returned to the Birdwatcher, so Twilight didn't have to wonder about that at all, though once he was done explaining what he had seen to his sister, and she had a chance to write a note of it down, the siblings turned towards the interior of the fortress and walked over the top of the gate that was now resting in the ground, as it was time to see what else was in this area and what else they could claim.

The first thing that Jak and Twilight discovered was the fact that there was a metallic structure opposite of where the gate was located, there were a number of machines that the Trooper Lurkers had used on the ice walls, and number of small wooden platforms that would allow them to navigate around part of the area, and a tall wooden tower that might be an observation area for the Lurkers, though there were three Precursor Caches resting in front of them, just below the center of the tower, but for now they needed to find some Blue Eco to access them, hence the reason both of them turned their attention to the Snow Lurkers that burst out of the snow and rushed over to take both of them down. The six enemies that came at them didn't do much to either Jak or Twilight, as both of them dodged the incoming attacks with some ease and retaliated with their own attacks, kicking and punching them in the face in the process, and Twilight even blasted one in the chest to knock it out, before they discovered that every foe was taken care of and proceeded to climb up the steps that were attached to the wooden tower and found some Precursor Orbs along the way, which were collected and added to their collection. At the very top of the structure, where a scout could look out at everything that was around the fortress and see any enemies coming their way, they found a few more Orbs, a Scout Fly box that happened to be the fifth one of the set, and a bit of Blue Eco that would allow one of them to jump down and open the Caches up, so what happened was that Jak smashed open the Scout Fly box and freed the little robot that had been trapped inside it, while Twilight gathered the bit of Blue Eco and jumped down to where the Caches rested, using her platforms to safely do so, before opening the containers and found that each of them, as she expected, had a number of Orbs inside them and she quickly collected all of them, before heading back up to where her brother was waiting for her. As soon as the siblings were back together they walked over the nearby path, near the top of the tower, and found that it lead to a bunch of platforms that rested on the walls of the fortress, which would allow them to reach the metallic one and, eventually, the area that a Power Cell rested in, hence the reason they carefully walked over the platforms, collected a few Precursor Orbs along the way, and used a few moving platforms and some spin poles to progress through the area, even though they had to be careful due to some of the sections having ice on top of them.

Eventually Jak reached the end of the part of the path they had been following and noticed a button that, when activated, moved a platform into position that would allow him and Twilight to bypass the first half of the set if they fell down during their attempt to clear out the second half of the path, though before doing that Twilight jumped up to the highest point of the metallic base and found the sixth Scout Fly box resting on top of it, to which she smashed it and freed the little robot, which was around the time that Jak started moving over the obstacle course that was resting in front of him and headed for the Power Cell's resting place, something that didn't take him too long to do and added another Power Cell to what they and their siblings had collected so far. From there they headed over to the small cave Twilight had seen behind the couple of trees and found that it was almost entirely covered in ice, there were Precursor machines moving in and out and a platform or two moving from place to place, so what the siblings did was have one of them move forward at a time, or at least until a certain point, and Twilight jumped over the first gap, mostly since Jak had tackled a challenge on his own and had left her behind for a time, though she remained careful as she skated towards the machine and passed it the monent it moved back into the wall it was attached to, before jumping over to the platform that rested near it. From there she let the platform bring her to the next part of the course and jumped up after avoiding another ancient mahcine piston, as she was sure that these were pistons, similar to the ones found in Dead Man's Gorge, save for the shape since these ones had a curved shape to them, before crossing a few ice covered sections to reach the area that happened to be near where the second platform was located. Once she reached the second platform, and successfully navigated all of the obstacles that were in her way, she jumped to a ledge that brought her right to the Yellow Eco machine and beckoned for Jak to come if he wanted to, where her brother tackled the obstacles that she had moved through and eventually came to a stop as soon as he was near her again, to which they collected the rest of the Precursor Orbs that were in the area and walked up the sides of the machine, allowing them to step right onto the top and claim another Power Cell, which also pressed the top of the device into the ground and activated the Yellow Eco vents across the continent, confirmed by Keira when she took a moment to tell them the good news with the Communicator, which brought a smile to their faces for a moment, before both of them used a slide to get down to where the cave entrance was and left the area.

From there they headed back to the start of the region so they could access the small cave they had ignored earlier, where it was easy for Jak and Twilight to see that it had a number of Orbs for them to collect, a Yellow Eco vent that they took a few seconds to empower themselves with, the seventh Scout Fly box that produced a Power Cell for them, a few metallic boxes that were blasted apart with the fireballs, and even a metallic box which was frozen into one of the walls was blown up as well, earning them another Power Cell for their efforts, which put a smile on their faces as they returned to the gondola and headed back down to Volcanic Crater, as they were curious if Starlight and Cozy had completed clearing out Spider Cave as well, and if they did there was one more area for them to check out before heading to the Lava Tubes and taking the fight to Gol and Maia at long last.

PreviousChapters Next