• Published 9th Feb 2021
  • 1,566 Views, 256 Comments

Jak and Daxter: Heirs of Mar - Blackdrag-rose



Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, and Cozy Glow grow up in Sandover Village with Keira, Jak, and Daxter, where they train and play everyday, all while unaware of the grand adventure that's ahead of all of them.

  • ...
36
 256
 1,566

PreviousChapters Next
Renegade: Explosions and Delivery

On the way back to the Underground's hideout, where Jak took the wheel once more, Twilight thought about what they had just learned from the Oracle that was resting within the Water Slums, as they were called by the inhabitants of Haven City, where she and her siblings had learned that it possessed a power that would allow it to grant both Jak and Cozy control over their Dark Forms, something Cozy desperately needed since her inner darkness kept pushing her to the side whenever they got into a fight and she was sure it was building inside her body, churning as it waited for another chance to strike at those who tortured her for three years, probably without giving Cozy time to rest. This was, of course, the first time she had heard of the Precursors having enemies of some kind, and she was sure that Samos would be surprised when he learned this as well, but it was interesting to hear that the Precursors had developed a method to allow those affected by vast amounts of Dark Eco to gain some power over their new abilities and possible transformations, especially since that power was needed right now, with how strong and terrifying Cozy's Dark Form was. It had smashed through a weak magical shield like it wasn't even there in the first place, it's speed made her think that it had either tapped into a bit of Blue Eco or it had just boosted Cozy's original speed, and the sheer bloodlust and rage which drove it to attack anything and everything that it deemed to be an enemy, though she knew that the initial meeting with her sister's Dark Form could have been terrifying if Baron Praxis or Errol had set her loose on the Underground, especially since she couldn't tell the difference between her own siblings and those she wanted to tear apart. Just thinking about that made her scars ache again, reminding her of where Cozy's Dark Form had wounded her and how painful it had been, a constant reminder that she likely had Dark Eco injected into her body during the fight in question, even though such a thing told her that they needed to enlist the aid of the Oracle to make sure neither Jak or Cozy fell down that dark path, coming to a dark place which could turn them against everyone they knew and those they might be fighting for, and the sooner they did it the better, since there was no telling when one of them might break and unleash their power on their enemies again, and that wasn't counting the small amount of Dark Eco lingering in her own body, which had remained silent since they had broken out of the Fortress.

Twilight wasn't sure if the wounds she had been dealt had injected enough Dark Eco into her body to do anything, such as poisoning her or slowing her down, or driving her mad like what happened to Gol and Maia until they smashed their robot and revealed the truth to them, but at the moment she was fine and nothing she had done so far, by fighting or using her magic, had caused it to stir, to which she focused on what they were doing as Jak parked near the hideout and walked into the dead end as the door opened, allowing them to walk down to where Torn was pacing as he stared at a map, one that seemed to detail what might be inside the Fortress.

"It seems that you were successful in your mission... the Slums' water is flowing once more," Torn commented, where the siblings, Daxter, and the brothers could tell he might be pleased with what they had done in the Pumping Station, or that was what they assumed on the matter since even Twilight had a hard time reading him, though a smirk appeared on his face as he considered something and focused on the group that was standing near the bottom of the stairs, listening to all that he had to tell them, "I'd love to see the heads roll when the Baron finds out about this... and by that I mean who might be fired after our foe hears the news."

"Unless he sees reason and keeps them around, to keep the Krimzon Guard at full power," Jak replied, because while part of him shared Torn's sentiments on this, especially since it might given them some additional allies who might scorn their former boss for firing them after something like this and seek out those that were fighting the Baron, before he took a few seconds to think about a piece of information that Twilight had mentioned while she and Starlight were explaining this war to him and Cozy, as there was a member of the Underground that none of them had met so far and it interested him, just like he was sure it interested his siblings, "Out of curiosity, when does someone get to meet the Shadow?"

"That, I'm afraid, is up to the Shadow, and he doesn't meet with new recruits... not unless they show that they're far above the rest of the Underground," Torn admitted, meaning that they wouldn't be meeting with the leader of this faction for a long time, possibly never given what he had just said, but, even as everyone considered that, this also meant that if they did something that put them at the forefront of the war, against either the Leader of the Metal Heads or Baron Praxis, that could grant them an audience with the Shadow and possibly be sent on greater missions, before Torn waved a hand for a moment and drew their attention to him once more, "I do have another mission for all of you, as we've identified an area of the Fortress that a bunch of ammunition, to be shipped out for the guards who have been assigned to take us down, has been moved to, creating an ammunition dump that might have a number of Krimzon Guard patrols and an obstacle or two to protect it, but we know it is vulnerable and we're sending you in to destroy it... if you do, we'll deal a body blow to the Baron, and you might be able to swipe some information while you're there."

"Torn, with all due respect, are you sure that it is a good idea to send Cozy back there, after just escaping from her cell and the darkness she endured?" Twilight asked, as while she understood that wiping out the ammunition supplies would save a number of lives, for the members of the Underground, she felt sending her sister back there, to the place she had been tortured in for the last three years, might do more damage to Cozy than anything that they had encountered so far, since it had only been an hour or two, in rough estimates, since they escaped from the Fortress, before she glanced at Cozy for a few seconds, "I'm not saying she can't handle it, I'm just worried that going back there, so soon after being freed, might cause some backlash to her and might make her hyperventilate or go into shock."

Jak, Starlight, and the Ottsels knew what she was doing, Twilight was trying to get around the fact that Cozy's Dark Form might take over her body if she entered the Fortress and walked through it, leading to a rampage against the Krimzon Guard and might possibly make them fight their sister again, all while not telling Torn about her sister's condition, since it might expel her from the Underground or label her as a liability for those she worked with, which was the three of them and their Ottsels, but instead of saying anything they waited to see what Torn might have to say on this matter and if he would be buying Twilight's statements on the matter.

"Based on what the others have said, it seems like she'll be just fine if she goes inside the Fortress, so its either that or she can stay here and wait for a new mission to come up," Torn stated, where his tone revealed that, even if he believed what Twilight had told him, it wasn't going to change the fact that he was sending her as part of this mission, as four heads were better than three in his mind, due to him not really counting Alvin and the other Ottsels as members of the Underground, even though having them as spies came in handy from time to time, before he gestured towards a bundle that happened to be resting on a nearby bed, one to the right of the siblings, "My associate left that for Cozy, as I had to send her out on her own mission while you were gone, so it will be some time before you see her again, though she felt that this would be better than the rags the Baron left her in."

Cozy and her siblings discovered that the outfit was basically a 'sports bra', according to what Starlight had to say, and a pair of shorts for her to wear, both of which were light gray colored and she wasn't bothered by the color at all as she put them on, after moving behind some containers to give herself from privacy as both of her sisters used their magic to hide her for a few seconds, though when she emerged she had to admit that not wearing rags felt so much better, to which she followed her siblings as they headed outside the hideout and used the zoomers to get back to the Fortress, only this time Twilight brought them to the front entrance, which was actually unlocked and people could just wander inside, which was why Cozy stepped forward first as they climbed out of their vehicles.

"I know you guys might be worried about me, and truthfully part of me is terrified to do this, but I'll tackle the Fortress with you and not be the weak link," Cozy stated, though even as she said that she knew her inner darkness was looking for an excuse to surge outwards and tear down whatever got in their way, just like it had done since she had been rescued from her cell, and she was determined to do everything in her power to make sure she wasn't the weak link of the group, due to the fact that if they fought together they might be able to acquire enough Skull Gems to give her and Jak control over their Dark Forms, especially her own since it was incredibly strong.

Twilight nodded her head and walked through the door that was in front of them, where she and the others found out that the chamber they entered seemed to be square shaped with some terminals that rested on the other side of the area, not to mention two paths that seemed to head deeper into the Fortress, one to their left and one opposite of where they were standing right now, even though one of them seemed to be inaccessible due to an electrified barrier, but what stopped all of them was a large Human sized machine that had what appeared to be a spinning roller with spikes attached to it, which was a tank based on what Twilight knew, though it seemed to either be offline or resting, to which they carefully explored this area as the main door closed behind them. The odd thing was that the tank also had guns on top of it, around the part that had to be it's head and scanner, meaning that it could fire upon whoever it deemed to be an enemy of the Baron, or at least that was what the four of them thought about, though when Jak stepped through the opening that was to the left of the entrance, however, they watched as the tank came to life and focused on them, since all four of the siblings just so happened to be standing near each other, while it claimed that they were 'unauthorized to be here' or something, but that just meant it would come after them. Jak, Twilight, and Starlight knew that anyone else would be worried about this new piece of information and would no doubt run for it once the tank came at them, but instead of doing that they waited for a few seconds and Cozy burst into action, raising her now clawed hands as her Dark side took over once more, stalling the machine in the process with one hand before she threw a punch forward and smashed through the spiked roller that was it's main weapon, breaking it in the process, which was when she swung her arm and hurled it at a wall with grates, which seemed to be blocking the way forward, if they didn't use the couple of thin metal platforms that lined the other section of this small room. The damage she caused to the tank prevented it from doing all that much and it didn't take Cozy long to remove her right hand from the tank, even though she proceeded to push it over the edge so it would fall into the depths of this area, to which they started to move forward and found that Dark Cozy was still in control, meaning it knew that they were in enemy territory and that this was the place Cozy had been trapped in for three years, or at least that was Twilight's assumptions on the matter since it was hard to tell what a feral beast like this would do, even though it did seem like it did knew not to hurt Cozy's family and friends since it seemed to ignore them for the most part.

From there they entered a section of the Fortress that had a winding path and had four circular turrets along the way, and it was easy to see that these weapons were carefully moving in place to find enemies that shouldn't be here so they could open fire on them, to which Twilight and Starlight weaved their magic through the air and created a pair of magical walls on both their left and their right, walls that would prevent any attacks from hitting anyone as they progressed towards the next part of this structure, even though the path did bring them to an area that had a crate that would allow them to use a pole to get up to the second level of the room to the right. From there they found that there were two pillars in the room and both of them had four small platforms, for a single person to be exact, which were rotating and formed a path that lead right to an electrified barrier, though that was when Starlight found a pair of nodes in the middle of both pillars which had power coursing through the upper part the devices, but that didn't stop her from smashing the pair to pieces with a bolt of her magic, which caused the barrier to fall and open the way for them to progress deeper into this place. As such that was what the siblings did, as each of them carefully jumped over several of the platforms and passed through the now open doorway, discovering a short hallway that brought them to an area which had a few moving platforms that were the only way for them to cross the gap that was in front of them, making them wonder what the Baron or his predecessor had been thinking when they created this place, but instead of worrying about that the siblings took turns traversing this area and Jak found a pair of Krimzon Guards on the other side, where he spun around and struck them with a kick, which opened the way for Twilight to blast both of them as she and the others caught up with him. Of course that forced them to turn around as they followed the path and use another set of moving platforms, maybe made of the same ones they had just used a few moments ago, before Cozy spotted two more Krimzon Guards on the other side and jumped over the gap, not to mention the platforms as well, before smashing one of her targets into a terminal that he was standing near and crushed the machine in seconds, even though she bashed the second into the floor and then tossed him into his partner, taking both of her targets out in a matter of seconds, to which she turned for a moment and beckoned for the others to catch up with her, which was rather odd and Twilight hoped it was a sign that Cozy was gaining some control over her Dark Form, even if that might be unlikely given that it hadn't been a day since they escaped from this place.

After that they jumped over a few more platforms and found three more guards patrolling the area, where Jak, Twilight, and Starlight wasted no time in punching and kicking them into the ground, even though that was followed by the siblings finding a section of the hallway they were following that had a set of spike traps, which was odd since that meant anyone who worked in this place had to worry about getting hurt on one of them, but instead of focusing on such a thing the four of them navigated over the spike traps and reached the other side in no time, even though Cozy jumped over them before the others and smashed a guard into a wall, allowing her siblings to catch up with her. Of course there was more than just a single guard in this area, as they found another one near the one Cozy had taken out and two more resting on the other side of a second spike trap area, though Cozy smashed her foe into the ground with a growl as Jak and the others crossed over the next obstacle and struck their own foes down, where Twilight used her magic to prevent any blasts from hitting her or her siblings so Jak and Starlight could take their opponents down, which was around the time that Cozy caught up with them so they could move forward once more. Starlight found one of the breakable grates in the floor not a couple of seconds later, once all of their enemies had been taken care of, and Jak wasted no time in smashing it to pieces like he had done when they were leaving the Fortress, even though he discovered that it allowed them to drop down into a small area that was connected to a pair of conveyor belts, ones that brought them to some moving platforms and some crates that formed a path for them to ascend, to which he waited for a few seconds and made sure his sisters followed him before he started to move again. The interesting thing they discovered was another crate from the Krimzon Guards, where Twilight opened it and found some more healing containers inside it, to which she carefully pocketed it inside her own pack, just like she had been doing to the rest of the boxes they had discovered so far, before they found some more conveyor belts that brought them to a metallic door that opened as one of them approached it, though on the other side they found what they were looking for, as there were a number of barrels and crates that were marked as ammunition and bared the mark of the Krimzon Guards on the sides, meaning they had found the stockpile, and, interestingly enough, they found a pair of Security Passes, Red ones, that could be given to Jak and Cozy.

"Sweet, those are Security Passes... we'll need them to get through certain check points throughout the city," Daxter said, his statement mostly for Jak and Cozy since they were the only ones that might have no idea what in the world these items were, especially since Twilight and Starlight seemed happy to have something like this for the two of them and pocketed both of the passes before they did anything else, but as he opened his mouth to say something else, since they had found the ammunition Torn wanted them to blow up to weaken the Krimzon Guard, there was a sound that seemed to be more like a Metal Head than a person.

In that moment Jak made a motion for everyone to be quiet, since this might be something they could tell Torn about, and they walked over to a nearby grate that allowed them to stare down at a room that was below them, where they found a pair of guards who seemed to be guarding a massive number of metallic barrels, Eco barrels to be exact, and that was the moment that they found a tunnel of some kind that looked like it had been broken open at some point in the past, with a pair of quadrupedal Metal Heads, Grunts according to what Simon whispered to them, and what was interesting what that Cozy's Dark Form seemed to be keeping still, waiting to see if a fight was on their hands or not.

"These barrels are the latest shipment of Eco... the Baron says take them and get out!" one of the guards stated, which was the guard that happened to be right in front of the two Grunts, while the other seemed to be guarding the barrels until he and his partner had completed his job, though what was interesting was that the two Grunts tilted their heads and made a noise that seemed to be them either communicating or growling in some manner, even if it caused both guards to shift for a moment and raise their weapons, but it didn't last that long and the Grunts started to haul the barrels into the tunnel they had emerged from, making it look like the two forces were trading right now.

"I don't know whether to be interested in what's going on, or be worried by the fact that the Metal Heads have a way to get into the city," Twilight commented, keeping her voice low as she and the others pulled away from the metallic grate that they had been using to spy on the guards and walked away from where it rested, though she had to admit that it was good that Cozy's Dark Form had keep itself in check, instead of lashing out at the grate and killing both of the Grunts, as it gave them a chance to learn some potentially valuable information that could be handed to Torn, and then the Shadow at some point, before sighing for a moment as she focused on the ammunition, "well, let's take care of the ammunition and then get out of here... we can think about this once we're..."

Before she could utter the word 'safe', and finish her comment, they heard another sound and discovered that there was a security tank in this area as well, either to protect the ammunition or it was something that would be shipped out with the rest of the ammunition, one that activated once it realized they were there and turned to face them, though that was when Jak tapped Cozy's shoulder and she sprung into action, smashing the spinning section of the tank before lifting it and using it like it was a mace. Her siblings, on the other hand, headed for an exit that happened to be in this area as Cozy went on a rampage, using the tank to smash up everything that was around her, breaking the ammunition containers and damaging the main cooling system for whatever main weapon the Baron had been building, a missile of some kind, but once she was done they rushed out through the opening that was located on the other side of the room, which allowed them to jump out of the Fortress and land on a nearby roof, something that was swiftly followed by an explosion partly bursting out of the opening in question, meaning the mission was successful.

"There... ammunition destroyed..." Cozy said, her form reverting back to her normal state once more, though this time she had the feeling that her Dark Form had expanded a lot of energy to smash both of those tanks and break the ammunition chamber like it did, but she was fine with that since it meant her darkness might not come back for a time, since it had it's fill of destruction and battle, which was when Starlight walked over to her and gave her some aid, so she could lean on her as Jak and Twilight went out to find their zoomers, so they could get back to the Underground and report their success to Torn, before finding out what their next mission might be.

Fortunately it didn't take the pair long to return with their zoomers, where Cozy discovered that Twilight had made a spell to disguise herself and anyone she used it on, something that she generally didn't use since no one in the city seemed to care about what she looked like or any of her unique aspects, but the only reason she used it now was because they had to return to the Fortress' exterior and retrieve their vehicles before the Krimzon Guard arrived, which allowed Starlight and Cozy to climb into the zoomers before they took off, even though it didn't take them long to reach the hideout and head down so they could speak to Torn again, who was cleaning one of his daggers as they soon discovered.

"The Demolition Family has returned!" Daxter declared, announcing their return to Torn, where Twilight noticed that there was a pause in the man's motions as he shook his head for a few seconds, as if he couldn't tolerate Daxter at all, be it what he said or just his personality entirely, before he returned to checking out his dagger, either cleaning it from when he used it last or preparing it for a private mission that the Shadow had given him, which was when Daxter got around to speaking about their mission, "One barbecued ammo dump, served up hot, just as you ordered!"

"Torn, we saw something odd while we were inside the Fortress, searching for the ammunition," Twilight said, deciding to get to the point and not focus on Daxter's comment, even though he did mention that they had destroyed the stockpile of ammunition that would have been used against them at some point in the future and it would have told Torn that their mission was complete, while at the same time noticing that Jak remained standing while Starlight and Cozy sat nearby, all to let Cozy regain some energy before another mission was handed to them, "we saw some of the Baron's guards giving barrels filled with Eco to a pair of Metal Heads!"

"Really?" Torn inquired, to which he lowered his dagger for a moment and turned to face them, where it was clear that he was surprised and interested in that piece of information, meaning that he had to be thinking that sending them into the Fortress had been a good idea, as it gave them something that no one in the Underground knew, and based on Twilight's magical powers the guards would have no idea that someone had observed them while they were giving the barrels to the Metal Heads, "The Shadow will be very interested to hear this information."

"This isn't the point where you reveal that you were the Shadow the entire time and that you like tricking recruits like this, to hide your identity, right?" Alvin asked, because while he and the rest of the group, save for Jak and Cozy, knew that Torn was pretty much the second in command of the Underground, since he seemed to be the only one that knew the identity of the rebellion's true leader, but he had to admit that it would have been a great way to keep suspicion off himself and it would keep everyone looking for someone that didn't exist, especially since it seemed like Torn might have some beef with the Baron and Errol.

"You aren't the first recruit to ask me that, but no, I'm not the Shadow," Torn replied, though this time his tone suggested that he was amused by the idea of people asking him if he was the true leader of the Underground, the infamous Shadow, even if the reality of the situation was different than what they were thinking about, but that was when Alvin shrugged and said nothing more, showing that he had gotten the comment off his chest and that he wasn't going to pursue it anymore, even though he was sure someone else would have something to say before they discovered what their next mission was and where they had to go next.

"You know, thanks to certain individuals, your gigs have been easier than stealing grass from a sleeping Yakow." Daxter stated, using an old statement from when they lived in Sandover, even though most people would have assumed they had read up on the village in question and just copied what had been written about it, even though Twilight and Starlight knew that there were a number of Yakows near the farming section of the city, near the Door Lock that lead to the forest that Twilight had landed in so long ago, but for the most part everyone remained silent as they waited to see what Torn did in response to Daxter's comment.

"Oh, you guys want to start proving yourselves?" Torn commented, where Twilight had the feeling that, even if Daxter had kept his mouth shut, he was going to give them a harder mission than the last couple they had tackled so far, something that interested her a little since it wasn't everyday that she got something hard to do, especially since it seemed like Torn had been waiting for her to find her siblings before doing this, to which Torn beckoned to the stairs for a moment, as if he was suggesting that their new mission was resting right outside the hideout, which they must have missed before entering this hideout, "One of our 'suppliers' needs his payment delivered... a bag of Eco Ore, which is very rare and very valuable. I had prepared a zoomer to deliver it, but now one of you can take it, as it is parked near the entrance to our hideout, and drive it to the Hip Hog Heaven Saloon in South Town, or the Port if you prefer, where you'll be delivering it to someone called Krew... trust me, he'll be there. Oh, and I'm sure you don't need to be told this, but don't let the Baron's patrols stop you. By the way, when you get there, pump Krew for information, on the Baron's movements or this latest development, as he's wired into the city and may know what our enemies are up to, though he'll likely ask for something to be done before handing over that information, so just make sure his 'jobs' aren't the type that would endanger the city."

In that moment the group informed Torn that he could count on them, even if Twilight would send him an update in the near future, once Krew's shipment had been delivered and he handed over whatever information he had on the matter, before they headed outside and found that there was a single seater zoomer resting nearby, one that had a box resting on the backside of it, which had to contain the Eco Ore, where Twilight raised an eyebrow for a moment as she weaved some of her magic around the vehicle and created an illusion that it was a two seater this time, and when Jak climbed onto it he and the others found that the magic disguised him like an ordinary citizen. Once that was done the others used one of the two seater zoomers they had used earlier while Twilight climbed onto the back of her brother's vehicle, so she could make sure the illusion stayed up, though once everyone was ready they moved out from where the hideout was located, where they headed for the border between the Slums and the Industrial Section, something that allowed Jak to watch as a red barrier fell when he and Cozy approached it, where he realized that it had been one of the security walls that required the citizens to have a pass with the corresponding color, like how both Twilight and Starlight had the Red Pass long before this day happened. It didn't take them long to reach the border between the two areas of the city, to which they entered the Industrial Section and Twilight had Jak head up one of the metallic ramps that lead to a second level of traffic, even if there were no zoomers were up there, before they spotted a number of Krimzon Guard vehicles guarding part of the area, like a roadblock of some kind, but that was when Twilight weaved her magic through the air and created an illusion of someone using a single seater zoomer and happened to be moving through this area, on the lower level, where her siblings noticed that it looked like a member of the Underground. Sure enough the group of guards started firing on the illusion and also moved in accordance to what Twilight had her magic do, giving Jak and the others a chance to move through the area with ease and continue making their way towards the southern section of Haven City, meaning that they were able to spend a decent amount of time in peace before she chuckled and dismissed the zoomer illusion the guards had been chasing since they entered this area, and sure enough it seemed like the guards were pissed as they searched, in vain, for the one they had been waiting for.

As such they were able to enter the Port with ease, without the Krimzon Guards catching up since they were searching for nothing at this point, to which Jak lead the way across this section of the city and headed for the Hip Hop Haven Saloon, as this particular vehicle came equipped with a beacon that showed whoever drove it the direction that they needed to go in to deliver the Eco Ore, and it didn't take him long to find their destination, a bar or something which rested in an indent in part of the wall that was a few minutes from the border between the Industrial Section and the Port, to which he came to a stop a few moments later and claimed the box as Starlight stopped behind him... though when they entered the Saloon he and his sisters found two figures, one being an obese man that was using a floating circular chair to get around while the other was a hardened warrior with an interesting weapon and equally interesting armor.

"Krew, the Underground sent us with your payment for the information you supplied them," Starlight said, speaking the moment she and her siblings entered the Saloon, where her statement reminded Twilight that her sister had been picked up by someone in this room, which she hoped was the warrior and not the obese man, while Jak and Cozy remained silent as they waited to see what in the world happened next, though the one that acted first happened to be the obese man, as he turned at the mention of his name and floated over to the entrance.

"That's good eh, because a piece of rare Eco Ore is worth more than ten of your lives! Mmm, and of course, I'd be forced to collect... slowly..." the man, Krew, replied, informing the group that what they had shipped was a rare and pricey item, one that Torn had likely stolen from the Baron at some point in time, which was when Jak handed over the package and Knew focused on it for a time, even if he handed it over to the other figure so it could be placed behind the counter, even if it was likely that he was going to focus on it later, before he stared at them, "Ah, Starlight, it is good that you returned at long last, and judging by their appearances, it seems that you were able to locate your missing siblings... and it seems that the Underground will take anyone with a pulse these days. And what do we have here, four odd creatures... must be the Shadow's mascot of the month? Ooh, but their fur is soft, it would go well with my silk suits, eh."

"Listen, we did you a favor by keeping the Krimzon Guards from getting this Eco Ore shipment," Jak said, even though that had been rather easy due to the fact that Twilight had created those illusions to distract their enemies for a time, which he admitted had been a great plan and he was surprised by how well it had worked out in the end, but he decided not to say anything about magic, since that was something his sisters could mention to whoever they trusted, and in this age it was hard to know who to trust and who not to trust, before he turned his focus to the other part of their mission, "maybe you can help us out by telling us why the Baron is giving Eco to the Metal Heads?"

"Questions like that can get someone killed... however, maybe an exchange is in order: Sig, give Starlight and her friends the bonus I talked about earlier," Krew stated, speaking to his warrior bodyguard for a moment, as that seemed to be the man's role for the most part, though it did give them a name to work with as the armored figure returned from where he had set down the Eco Ore container, though it did look like he was carrying something in his hands, a crate that happened to have four Scatter Guns resting inside it, meaning that whoever had made them had figured out the problems and had fixed them to mass produce the weapon, to which Jak and his sisters took one each, "If you want to see what those babies can do, try the gun course that's located on the other side of the Port... if you show me some skill with that hardware, I'll hire you for a job or two, eh? Then we can discuss sharing information."

Jak nodded for a moment, as it sure seemed like a decent trade in his mind, he and his siblings got a new weapon to add to their growing arsenal and might get some jobs from Krew, which would eventually grant them the information Torn had sent them to acquire, to which he and his sisters placed their new guns on their back, finding that each of them came with a strap that allowed them to place the weapons in that area, before they headed outside and headed for the gun course, as it was time to see what these things could do before discovering what sort of jobs Krew wanted them to do in exchange for the information the four of them were looking for.

PreviousChapters Next