• Published 4th Oct 2020
  • 1,146 Views, 305 Comments

World of Warcraft: Burning Skies - Blackdrag-rose



Spitfire and Rainbow are transported to a new world, where they join the Illidari and do everything in their power to bring down the Legion, even if it means stopping the Alliance and the Horde from destroying each other.

  • ...
49
 305
 1,146

PreviousChapters Next
Argus: Seat of the Triumvirate

About twenty minutes after Rainbow devoured the Fel energy of a demonic world, something that had shocked Alleria and all of their allies when they heard the news, even though some were getting used to her doing such a thing, Spitfire got the news she was waiting for, Alleria, despite the surge of Void power she had absorbed from Nhal'athoth's heart earlier, was ready to go and that meant it was time for her, Alleria, and Locus-Walker to head out for their destination, even though the three of them had some company that wished to join them in their assault on the Seat of the Triumvirate and the dark enemies that were guarding the area. What was surprising was that Velen wished to come along, to act both as the healer for those who would be fighting and so he could see the damage to the ancient structure with his own eyes, which also included seeing what L'ura was like when they finally reached where she had been imprisoned, and Turalyon stepped up as well so he could help his wife out with her mission, showing that he, while being a follower of the Light, trusted Alleria and her connection to the Void, even if it was the opposite of his own powers. Since Locus-Walker wasn't going to be fighting anything, and Alleria needed to conserve her strength for when they finally found L'ura, that meant their group of five was really a group of three, but such a thing really didn't matter to Spitfire, because with Turalyon and Velen aiding her they would be able to reach their target in no time, all while leaving Rainbow and the rest of their forces to prepare for the assault on Antorus, even though she was sure Rainbow would be assaulting Antoran Wastes while she was dealing with all of the Void-touched Ethereals. Once they knew what they were doing, and their forces understood that they were drawing ever closer to the assault on the Legion's heart, Spitfire and her group teleported down to where the last beacon had been placed, near where the Void Revenant had been summoned, even though she could see that more Void-touched Ethereals had been called in as reinforcements, but instead of heading straight into the army of enemies, like Spitfire would have done on her own, Locus-Walker head off to his left, towards a place Velen called Triad's Conservatory, and they followed after him without delay.

Spitfire understood the decision instantly, as this would allow them to go around some of their enemies and then assault the middle of the army before they had a chance to fight back, allowing them to deal a crippling blow before they focused on tearing down everything the Viceroy had set up in the short period of time his people had been in Mac'Aree, opening the way for them to take down whoever was the Viceroy's second and then the Void-touched leader himself, so they could get to L'ura and claim the Crest that was buried with her. Not a few moments later they found a barrier that the Ethereals had set up, likely protecting something or making sure a potential entrance was sealed off, something Locus-Walker waved his hand at and dismissed, once more showing that he knew the ins and outs of the organization that was trying to pull the Void's energy into Mac'Aree and claim this fragment of Argus for their dark purpose, which made Spitfire wonder if their enemies were seeking to become Void Revenants, given their efforts to summon Nhal'athoth earlier. After that the group walked through the arch that the barrier had been blocking and they entered a large open area that might have been the center of the building, back when everything was pristine, though there were a number of Void-touched Ethereals in this area and all of them were in the middle of trying to pull even more Void energy into Mac'Aree, while some appeared to be in the middle of tormenting one of the Void-touched Broken Spitfire and Alleria had seen before meeting Arkhaan, though it did look like they had been at this for a while, so he must have been grabbed before the pair investigated the darkened area of Mac'Aree. In that moment, after taking in what all of the Ethereals were doing, Turalyon pulled out his greatsword and braced himself as he readied his paladin powers, just like Spitfire had seen the Highlords do during their attacks on all of the powerful enemies that were trying to take over Azeroth, before rushing forward as he hurled a hammer forged of the Light at one of the Void-touched Ethereals, a spell designed to draw the attention of their enemies, while Velen used a bit of his own powers to blast some of their foes with blasts made of Light energy, leaving Alleria to join them as she just used her bow and arrows to hurt her targets, something that left Locus-Walker standing near Spitfire, who observed what was going on right now.

Of course the Void-touched Ethereals weren't the only enemies in this area, as there were some twisted Broken who had to be totally broken by the dark power of the Void, as they were crawling on the ground and seemed more feral than most of the animals that were still calling Mac'Aree home, and she also found a number of dark oozes that seemed to be more like containers for the Void's power, so breaking them might not be a good idea when Spitfire thought about it, but, at the same time, it might grant Alleria a boost to her power for later, something she would leave in the hands of Locus-Walker, since he was her teacher and knew more about the method than she did. While she thought about she got a chance to see Turalyon in battle, as he and Velen lashed out at all of the Void-touched enemies that were in this area, one slashing at his targets with a precision that came from a thousand years of fighting the Legion, something she knew was only possible due to all the time he likely spent in the Twisting Nether, while he and Velen rained holy fire down on some of the enemies who were further away from where everyone was fighting at the moment, aiding Alleria as she loosed arrows down on the Ethereals and feral Broken that were around them, everyone doing their part to open the way to the outer part of the Seat of the Triumvirate. One thing Spitfire noticed was that the Void-touched Ethereals and other enemies were using all sorts of Void attacks to take them down, where the Light users channeled their powers into brief barriers to block the attacks in question and also opened a couple of holes in the defenses of the enemies that were standing in their way, and once they were weakened either Alleria took them down with her arrows or Turalyon finished them off with his greatsword, which showed her that her allies were capable of defending themselves, even though she was slightly amazed that the Chosen had stood back to defend the Vindicaar, no doubt placing Velen's safety in her hands, knowing that he would be safe with her fighting beside him. As all of that happened one of the Void-touched Ethereals noticed his forces being decimated, all by two warriors of the Light and a Ranger-Captain that was as skilled as Sylvanas was at hunting enemies, loosed a burst of Void energy straight at where Locus-Walker and Spitfire were standing, where Locus-Walker stepped back for a second as what happened next came to pass, as the sphere shattered into vanishing energy fragments without Spitfire moving at all, due to her swinging her arm for a second to smash it, even though none of the others saw her motion.

Once that was done the rest of the enemies were take care of and they watched as the mass Void energy in the center of this area surged outwards for a few seconds as the Void-touched Broken, who Spitfire learned was called Zuraal thanks to what she assumed was the Void telling them his name, emerged from the energy and looked like seventy-five percent of his body was covered in all the dark energy of the Void, given that only part of the right side of his body, and the right side of his head, were still normal colored, showing everyone how corrupted he was.

As Zuraal touched the ground, and seemed to regain some sort of rational thought now that the Void-touched Ethereals were taken care of, he turned towards them and rushed right at Turalyon, intending on punching his chosen target into the ground so he could focus on someone else, only for Zuraal to discover that his target wasn't that easy to take out as his fist was stopped by Turalyon's blade, as it had been used to parry the attack, before he pushed their foe back and put a bit of distance between them before the battle really started. Sure enough not a few seconds later Zuraal gathered his power and unleashed a burst of Void energy at Turalyon, who summoned a shield of Light energy to protect himself from the attack, which scattered once it struck his shield, and once that was done he twisted his blade and slashed at Zuraal's chest, leaving behind a faint gash since the Void-touched Broken jumped back after feeling the sting of her attack, while at the same time Velen loosed a burst of Light energy that struck his chest as one of Alleria's arrows found her mark in the left side of his chest. It looked like either Zuraal was listening to what the Void had to tell him or he was thinking about his first exchange with the group in front of him, based on what Spitfire was seeing right now, though it didn't take him long to regain himself and rush back into battle once more, swinging his fists at Turalyon while Velen and Alleria continued to hit him with their attacks from afar, even though she was sure that the Light based attacks might be doing more damage than the arrows, which wasn't stopping Alleria from putting more arrows in his chest. A few moments later Zuraal threw himself up into the air and stayed there for a few seconds, before rushing down at where his foe was standing and swung his fist downward at Turalyon, who jump rolled to the side and avoided the attack, which cracked a bit of the ground in the process once his fist made contact with the stone, though the paladin wasted no time in lashing out with his blade and his Light based powers to make sure he dealt some damage to Zuraal, who just seemed to tank the attacks before jumping backwards for a few moments, once more studying the attacks that his foes were using against him before he lashed out with another attack or some strategy he came up with.

Of course that wasn't the only thing that happened after he moved out of the area he had punched, as the Void started to seep through the cracks his punch had created, meaning it had to be reacting to his power in some way and meant they had to move out of where the pool of energy was gathering in, though as the pool grew in size Spitfire found some of the Void Oozes quickly emerge from the mass of dark energy and watched as Alleria took a few out to make sure they didn't get close to either her husband or Velen, though as one fell it added even more Void energy to this place, which meant this battle was on a time limit, before the entire place was covered in Void energy. As such the trio made sure to keep an eye on the remaining Void Oozes that were emerging from the pool Zuraal had created, Alleria killing them before they could escape from the pool, as it seemed it be the best place to end them so they didn't create new pools outside the massive one and spread the Void's influence even further, though Spitfire did have to wonder if this might result in another Void Revenant surging into existence near them or a portal to the Void's realm opening once enough power was here, but she continued to watch the fight unfold as her allies continued to lash out at Zuraal. At one point Zuraal used his Void power to knock Alleria straight into the realm of the Void, though that just gave her more access to some of the dark entities that were starting to gather in this area of Mac'Aree and Spitfire was sure that she took all of her enemies down in no time, as a Void Tear opened up not a few moments later, which stunned Zuraal for a few seconds and opened the way for both of his enemies to attack him, before Alleria emerged from the portal and rejoined the fight, meaning she must have killed all sorts of foes inside the realm she had been sent into and simply tearing open a temporary portal allowed her to return to return to the fight without delay. Interestingly enough it didn't look like the Void-touched Broken had any additional skills to use against Turalyon, Velen, and Alleria, save for lashing out with his fists and making way for the Void's energy to surge into the area they were fighting in, as if he figured out that trapping someone in the dark realm wasn't going to work at all and abandoned the idea once he came to that conclusion, but even then it was easy for her to tell, from a glance, that the Void-touched Broken was weakening thanks to all of the Light based attacks he was tanking.

In fact Spitfire could tell that Zuraal understood that fact and was thinking of running from this area before he died, but as he came to that decision, and started to flee by running, he noticed her and Locus-Walker standing near the entrance of this area and raised his fists for a moment, showing her that the Broken was planning on punching his way through them so he could leave, though she vanished and reappeared a few steps behind Zuraal, who paused for a few seconds before a number of cuts appeared on his chest, causing him to collapse not even a few seconds later.

"It would seem that he made a mistake in baring his fangs at you," Turalyon commented, as he understood that attacking either Rainbow or Spitfire was pretty much a death sentence for whoever was foolish enough to do such a thing, though at the same time he wasn't annoyed by the fact that Spitfire had stolen the kill from him, Velen, and Alleria, because he had grown used to killing demons and taking down some incredibly powerful foes, while taking credit for some of his actions, and it seemed like his companions shared his thoughts, to which he focused on the task at hand, "though we should move out before the Viceroy has a chance to counter us and stop us from reaching L'ura's position."

As everyone nodded Alleria headed for the building that was opposite of where the entrance was located, which seemed to be a dead end when they first glanced at it, where Locus-Walker quickly informed all of them that the Shadowguard, the official name for the group of Void-touched Ethereals they would be dealing with, was increasing their presence and that their commander, not the Viceroy, had a staff that would be useful to him in the future, meaning disrupting their foes and taking the weapon should be the next stage of their assault on this place. In that moment Alleria turned her Void power on the wall in front of them and used a beam of sorts on it, carving open a decent sized hole in the wall for them to use, one that was circular and didn't seem to upset Velen, as if he was okay with her doing that, though once that was done the five of them jumped down into the area that the Shadowguard were working in and watched as a number of Void portals were torn open all over the terrace that was covered in the Void's energies, while one of the Ethereals, likely the commander, loudly informed them that his forces would secure this place and push them back. Locus-Walker informed all of them that the commander was called Saprish, meaning he either knew him before pulling away from the Shadowguard or he knew it due to watching the Viceroy's forces since they delved into the power of the Void, though in that moment Spitfire and her companions discovered that the guardians of the Void Tears were more creatures of the Void, large Voidwalkers that were keeping the tears in reality open, while the Shadowguard and Void Oozes were protecting those creatures, meaning to get at the Voidcallers, as Spitfire decided to call them, they had to go through the other enemies first. While they headed out to take down all five of the scattered Voidcallers and their guardians, to close all of their tears in reality and force Saprish out into the open, so they could take him and his remaining forces down, Spitfire had the feeling that the Shadowguard might be in the process of reaching deeper into the Void, like when they summoned Nhal'athoth, making her wonder if it was possible that they might be in the process of pulling another Void Revenant to Mac'Aree, not that they were in danger if such a thing happened since she could smash it to pieces, which would give her a focus of Void energy for when they finally found L'ura and the Crest of Knowledge.

Sure enough it wasn't long before the Shadowguard and their Void allies, the oozes and some of Argus' animals that had been twisted by the Void, lashed out at all of them without delay, causing Turalyon, Velen, and Alleria to lash out with their own powers once more as both Spitfire and Locus-Walker stood back for the time being, which quickly changed this area into a battlefield as the two forces faced each other, allowing Spitfire to see just how skilled her allies were while they took out all of their enemies. Velen, now that they were actually facing the full force of the Shadowguard, called upon the might of the Vindicaar and blasted several areas with the power of Light's Judgement, mostly focusing on some areas that had a decent amount of enemies and were away from where they were standing, while at the same time Turalyon made sure to call in some of the Warframes to help them take down some of their enemies so they didn't get overwhelmed, because the Shadowguard had formed an army to defend this place and calling on a few of their allies meant that they would be able to survive the amount of enemies coming at them. Of course a few enemies decided to come and attack her, even if they first focused on Locus-Walker and then determined that she was a more important target to take down, where Spitfire did nothing as she lashed out at her foes and struck all of them down in no time, just like she had done in the past, though her focus was on all of the Void energy that was lingering in this place, as there was another area covered in Void energy that was across from where Nhal'athoth had been summoned, meaning her earlier thoughts had been correct and that it was possible that some of the Shadowguard might be trying to call forth another Void Revenant to deal with them. Velen also noticed what she was looking at and had Romuul blast the area with Light's Judgement as well, taking care of the Ethereals who were scattered around the mass of Void energy, though both of them knew that there was a chance this had been a wasted effort and that the Void Revenant would be upon them soon enough, so for now they needed to focus on taking all of the Void Tears out before even more Void energy seeped into the rest of Mac'Aree, even though Spitfire was sure that the infection they were seeing would, eventually, cover everything that was up here, something none of them would see once the assault on Argus was complete.

Once all of the Shadowguard were dealt with, and Turalyon was sure of that based on what they could see, a new tear in reality opened as an Ethereal, Saprish no doubt, stepped out and was joined by one of the Panthara and a ray creature of some kind, a Mana Ray according to Velen, though it was clear that he had to be annoyed with their efforts to bring down the plans of the Shadowguard and would be standing in their way to get to L'ura's location, though such a thing was why Turalyon, Alleria, and Veln focused on him while Locus-Walker watched them and Spitfire kept an eye on the Void energy that was building nearby, just in case a Void Revenant showed up.

Not a few moments later Saprish, using an interesting staff that contained a Void crystal at the top and definitely contained a fair bit of power, which explained why Locus-Walker wanted it, swung his right arm, the one that held the staff, and sent out a number of hunter traps that were likely pulled out of a Void storage area of some kind as both of his pets rushed at them, something that didn't impress Spitfire's allies as Turalyon, Alleria, and Velen dodged the incoming traps that were scattered around this area, causing the Ethereal to sigh for a moment. In the following moment Turalyon spun around and used his greatsword to cleave the poor Void-touched Panthara right in half, all in a few seconds, before he approached his target as he left the Mana Ray to Alleria, allowing Velen to join him as they assaulted Saprish's location and found that he was using the staff as a shield to protect himself, though as that happened Alleria used her bow and arrows to quickly take down Saprish's other pet, who also seemed to be touched by Void energy, which everyone expected since the members of the Shadowguard were trying to push it on everything that was around them and their bases. After that Saprish rushed at his three main targets, as if knowing that picking Spitfire or Locus-Walker was a bad idea right now, and swung his staff at them, where Void energy gathered around the crystal and formed a phantom blade of Void energy that he used to try and take down his enemies, though Turalyon and Velen used shields made of Light energy to defend themselves as Alleria just jumped out of the way to avoid taking damage, before they retaliated once their foe paused to assess the situation he had found himself in. Receiving two Light based attacks and a powerful arrow loosed by a rather skilled archer made someone take a moment to wonder what they were supposed to do next, especially with how quickly his pets had been taken out in the opening stages of the battle, to which he changed up his methods and channeled a bit of the Void power in the staff at part of the area that contained all the Void energy Spitfire had been keeping track of, where a large Void Tear opened not a few seconds later and a Void Revenant entered Mac'Aree, showing that Saprish was planning on using it to kill them, or at least wear them down to the point to where the Viceroy could take them down.

Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, and Locus-Walker did nothing as that happened, as not a few seconds later they found a number of slashes being etched into the Void Revenant's body, consisting of the five Cosmic Powers that Spitfire had access to, and once all of them were done Spitfire appeared in the air and happened to be floating near where the creature's portal was located, though this time around she had one of her Twinblades in her right hand as she faced her companions, showing them and Saprish a bit of her true power, before the Void Revenant shattered and an orb of Void energy, its heart, was left behind, which floated above her left hand as she stored her weapon inside her horn again, leading to Turalyon ending the fight by cutting down their foe before he could leave.

"You have done well, preventing another Void Revenant from consuming more of Mac'Aree while also removing the last of the obstacles between me and this staff," Locus-Walker stated, his tone showing that he was pleased with their efforts and all of the damage they had done to the Shadowguard in such a short period of time, even though Spitfire suspected that he might be impressed with the fact that she actually cut down a Void Revenant with such ease, enough to make him take a moment to wonder if she could actually deal with the Void Lords, a thought that actually terrified him a little because it would mean nothing could defeat her if she beat one of them, before he focused on their mission, "Now that we have this staff, and Saprish and his forces have been slain, along with a potential threat to Argus being taken out, it is time that we took the fight to Nezhar, the Viceroy, and take him out so we can tackle the barrier he is trying, in vain, to break through at this very moment."

The group wasted no time in nodding their heads as Turalyon and Alleria headed to the east of where Saprish stepped out of his Void Tear, using a raised walkway that bypassed the area that Spitfire and the others had stopped in earlier, before she smashed the first batch of Shadowguard to pieces and allowed Nhal'athoth's great power to be siphoned by Alleria, as it would bring all of them over to the sunken area that the Viceroy and his guards would be working in, and the barrier that prevented people from reaching L'ura's location. Such a thing meant they had to wage war on the remaining members of the Shadowguard that were between them and Nezhar's location, where many of the Ethereals seemed like they might be growing less certain in their mission after seeing their commander fall like that, but it appeared that they might be scared of their boss' anger or rage if they failed to stop anyone who tried to interfere with their mission and it spured them into attacking the group, to which Spitfire allowed Turalyon and Velen to step forward as Alleria assisted them. As she thought all of the remaining members of the Shadowguard didn't stand much of a chance against a High Exarch, a Prophet, and a Ranger-Captain, as it brought ruin upon their forces, and any that dared to approach her and Locus-Walker fell before they could even get close to them, once more due to her incredible power, though her companions opened the way to where the Viceroy and his guards were working. What was interesting was that Nezhar said nothing as the group jumped down into his workspace, causing him and the last of the Shadowguard to turn on them not a few seconds later, where Spitfire found that the Viceroy summoned his own Void energy into the area they were in and summoned a ring of it around the rest of this area, mostly to prevent them from fleeing if he happened to overwhelm them, not that they were going to do such a thing since L'ura was on the other side of the barrier Nezhar was trying to break through, but it did prompt three of them to move forward as Spitfire and Locus-Walker stayed back for the time being. Nezhar glanced at them for a moment as Turalyon, Alleria, and Velen dealt with the last members of the foul Shadowguard that were in this area, no doubt a bit curious about why two of them were standing still and not fighting his forces, or maybe he was curious about the fact that Spitfire had the heart of a Void Revenant floating above her hand, before he found that all of the remaining Shadowguard were dead and he focused on those that were coming at him.

Turalyon swung his greatsword at Nezhar as Velen focused on mending their wounds and loosed blasts of Light energy at their foe, while Alleria loosed arrows to either keep the ring of Void energy from shrinking, where Spitfire determined that such a thing meant she had to be using her own power to do such a thing, or to hurt the Viceroy, though Nezhar dodged all of their attacks to the best of his ability as he took a few moments to channel his Void energy into blasts to take them down, or at least harm them to the point where he could finish them off. Once more Turalyon and Velen weaved their own Light powers into barriers as Alleria avoided the incoming attacks, showing Nezhar that none of them were easy to take out and that he would have to try harder if he wanted to kill them and get back to his mission, even though he would have to find more workers to breach the barrier, causing the Viiceroy to tilt his head before he charged into battle, though he did have a spell to use against his foes and proceeded to use it without delay. What he did was open small Void Tears all over the area they were fighting in and it caused tendrils of Void energy to enter Mac'Aree, where it was clear that this was an attempt to summon something else into this twisted section of Argus and have it take his enemies out while they were focused on taking him down, though in response to that Velen shifted his focus and rained down several Light blasts on all of the tendrils, wiping them out before they had a chance to increase the amount of Void energy in this place, and once he was sure all of them were done he turned his focus back on Nezhar and blasted him in the chest. From that point it just looked like Nezhar's strategy fell apart as he understood that his three main foes were powerful in their own right, while at the same time realizing that an even greater foe stood near them and was watching his movements like a hawk or some sort of predatory bird, and he was channeling his power all over the place, tearing open Void Tears in an effort to summon more allies to take all of them down and possibly down Mac'Aree in Void energy, to create a focus for reaching deeper into the Void, past the point of calling forth a Void Revenant, something that was only possible once he had access to the Void energy coming from inside the temple he was trying to enter by breaking the barrier protecting it.

In the end, however, Nezhar didn't stand much of a chance as Alleria focused her power and temporarily closed the new Void Tears he had opened, while at the same time allowing Velen to blast their foe in the chest as Turalyon delivered the finishing blow and slashed open the Viceroy's chest, causing his energy to dissipate over a few seconds, leaving behind a pile of special cloth bindings that Ethereals used to maintain their bodies or their original humanoid shape, though once that was done they approached the barrier. No one said anything as Alleria stepped forward and channeled her own Void energy at the barrier, likely using some sort of knowledge that the Void whispered to her, to which Spitfire and the rest of the group watched as the magic protecting the Seat of the Triumvirate shattered before their eyes, the fragments quickly disappearing over a few seconds, which also opened the way for them to walk up the steps in front of them and approach the doorway that the Viceroy had been trying to get to since his forces arrived in this area. There was an aura of despair that came from deep inside the temple, a song similar to A'dal's in a way while being tainted by the misfortune that L'ura had suffered after Velen's people fled from Argus all those years ago, and Locus-Walker seemed like he wanted to make a comment about this whole thing, likely about how mortals seemed to result in a rapid change of a Naaru's power, due to the fact that Spitfire suspected that a Naaru naturally cycled through channeling Light energy and Void energy and being hurt in some manner caused one to shift into their Void state much sooner than they normally would. Her thoughts were interrupted as they walked through the doorway, which Velen was able to open with a wave of his hand, and they found a number of Void Oozes standing between where they were standing and the depths of the building, creatures who paused for a second and then disappeared into the darkness when they found Spitfire's group staring at them for a few seconds, no doubt realizing that Spitfire held a Void Revenant's heart and it might have caused them to be afraid of her, but it did open the way for them to reach the bottom of the tunnel, not to mention the lowest level of the Seat of the Triumvirate based on Velen's knowledge, and they found what they were looking for.

Resting in front of them floated a darkened Naaru, one with a purple coloration to the center of her body while the outer parts of her form were blackened by her exposure to the Void, which made sense when Spitfire considered everything she had learned about the sequence of events that happened in Mac'Aree all those years ago, though the song of despair did fade away when L'ura found that she had company for the first time in ages, since Kil'jaeden had ordered her damaged body being thrown into this place. Normally this was would be where a foe lashed out at them for approaching them, or at least that appeared to be the case with most of the foes Spitfire had seen so far, but L'ura noticed that Velen was standing with them and just floated in her resting place, as if knowing that they didn't mean her any harm, something that caused the Prophet to approach the darkened Naaru and bow his head for a few seconds as he quickly informed her of what was going on, as in that Xe'ra had been destroyed, despite the fact that part of her power rested inside Spitfire, and that they were here to obtain a fraction of her power for Spitfire and Alleria. L'ura turned ever so slightly as Velen told her about the events that transpired since she stayed behind to ensure his people survived their departure from Argus, a very watered down and quick sequence of events since telling her the whole story would take too long, but he told her the main points, including the fact that they were here to take down Sargeras and that he suspected that Spitfire might be able to do it, if she had access to all six Cosmic Forces, since the Void was the last one she needed to claim some power of, while sharing his feeling that the power of a Void Revenant was a good first step but wouldn't be enough to match the other Forces she had gained the power of. Sure enough L'ura just floated there, allowing them to take in the fact that she was a font of Void energy, which they sort of knew and this just confirmed their suspicions, before they found that the crystalline wings that L'ura had near her, something that seemed to be mimicking Xe'ra's form and made Spitfire wonder if the Void had shaped her to be the 'Void Mother', disappeared as the barrier around her collapsed, though that was when an orb of Void energy came into existence and Spitfire heard a slightly different tune coming from the Dark Naaru, to which she stepped up and raised the Void focus she was carrying, drawing in the power that L'ura was granting her.

It was equal to that of Xe'ra, that much she could tell with a quick glance, though once that was done L'ura gave another sound as she focused on Alleria for a few seconds, where Velen nodded his head as he and the others stepped back for a time, allowing the ranger to brace herself as she channeled her Void energy at L'ura, though while it was clear that she and Locus-Walker were expecting the Naaru to put up some sort of resistance, instead of watching as L'ura's form collapsed on itself and a sphere of potent Void energy slammed into Alleria's chest, kicking up some smoke for a moment... though when that faded they found Alleria now possessed a darkened skin tone that was made from the Void and her power did appear to be greater than before, but it wasn't long before her original form returned.

"The voices... they are louder than before, but they don't control me." Alleria stated, informing the rest of the group that she was fine, as she had seen that Turalyon was worried about her and this was the best way to answer his unspoken question while allowing the others to see that she was in control, as in the Void hadn't turned her into its slave like many who dared to use its power, before she glanced down at herself and likely imagined what she could do with the power of the Void that L'ura had allowed her to take, even at the cost of the Dark Naaru's existence.

"Then we have completed our objectives," Spitfire remarked, where the others turned towards her for a moment and took a moment to stare at what she had found while Alleria was dealing with L'ura, as she had spotted a fuchsia colored gem of some kind and found that it possessed a power equal to the Sigil of Awakening and the Eye of Prophecy, meaning it was the Crest of Knowledge, and that she had picked it up while the High Elf, now Void Elf she guessed, absorbed the power of L'ura, where Velen smiled for a moment as he laid eyes on Kil'jaeden's fragment of the Crown, the last one needed to do what he had talked about earlier, "Come, let us return to the Vindicaar and get ready for our assault on Antorus, to cripple the Legion's power at long last."

The group nodded as Spitfire headed outside and called on Romuul to send down another beacon for them to use so they could return to the Vindicaar, which he did without delay and they used as soon as it was down in the area they had found Nezhar in earlier, though upon their return to the dimensional ship she found that Rainbow and most of her forces were waiting aboard the ship, meaning they must have sensed a shift in the wind and returned to the Vindicaar to observe what happened next before they assaulted Antorus. Once everyone was accounted for Spitfire stepped up to the pedestal that had been set up when Velen ordered the ship be constructed, meaning he had been planning on reforming this ancient artifact for a long time, before raising her right hand and allowed the Crest of Knowledge to float over to the device, where it slipped into place to the left of the Sigil, and once that was done she stepped back as Velen stepped forward and paused for a moment as he withdrew the Eye of Prophecy and slipped it into place, causing a surge of power to rush through the dimensional ship. Not a few moments later a sphere of golden energy wrapped around the Vindicaar, meaning that they were about to witness the ship power up to its full potential at long last, before a number of thin beams of Light energy burst out of certain points of the Vindicaar's exterior, even though Spitfire could tell that no damage had been done to the ship and this was likely just a show of sorts on the Light's part, before a golden light caused everyone to cover their eyes for a few seconds, which they were getting used to, and when they opened their eyes they found that the purple and silver of the Vindicaar had been replaced by the golfen coloration of the Light. With this done Spitfire knew that the Vindicaar could punch a hole through Antorus' walls, meaning all they had to do was return to Antoran Wastes and start their final assault on the Legion's dark throne, but before that happened she returned to Mac'Aree's surface for a moment, right in the middle of the fragment of Argus to be exact, and held out her other hand for a moment, allowing the others to see the Void Focus that contained all of the Void energy L'ura had granted her, where she transformed it into a mass of energy not a few seconds later and embraced it like the other Cosmic Forces she had taken in so far.

Rainbow and the others watched as the Void energy, a combination of a Void Revenant's power and the portion of L'ura's own power, surged into Spitfire's body not a few seconds later and the tattoos on her right leg took on a dark purple color that matched that of the Void, before a surge of energy burst out of where Spitfire was floating and they found that there were six strands of energy, each representing one of the six Cosmic Forces, which coiled around her not a few seconds later, completely covering her and preventing anyone from laying eyes on her for a time, like the six forces might be trying to fight for dominance or something, causing everyone to observe as they waited for Spitfire to emerge from the energy and lead the assault on Antorus.


While Argus was under fire, facing what seemed like the full power of Azeroth, Sargeras had chosen to wait for a time, as he wanted to make sure all of the strong warriors were busy facing his demonic army, before moving across the massive gateway Spitfire had created after Kil'jaeden had been defeated again, opening the way between his throne and his prize, something that almost made him want to thank the terrifying leader for her assistance in giving him the keys to wiping out the rest of the universe, so the Void Lords didn't acquire a Titan World-Soul and use it to corrupt the rest of reality with its full corrupted power. Right now his massive cosmic form, which would appear like a massive twisted cloud of sorts to any who might gaze upon Azeroth from Argus, was carefully wrapping around Azeroth, no doubt being seen by anyone who was down on the planet's surface, and once his mass was in position he would begin bombarding the planet with the Fel energy he had access to, to burn away those who were still on the surface and grant him the opportunity to search for an easy way to find Azeroth's World-Soul, something he would corrupt into the greatest champion of the Legion. The power of Argus had been useful, granting him an anchor point for the souls of his forces and even saving the souls of some of his incredible demons from being wiped out entirely, if they died in certain places, though recently he found that a new power was stopping his forces from being revived in full force, as the demon hunter known as Rainbow Dash had discovered an odd power that allowed her to devour Fel energy and her weapons sucked in the souls of those she slew, meaning she was cutting into his forces with every demon that fell, whether she killed them or not. With Azeroth's corrupted power, which was apparently far greater than any Titan that came before her, at least according to the Pantheon before he crushed all of them in battle and scattered their souls, the Legion's power would become unstoppable and not even the power of the two thorns in his side would be able to stop him from burning the rest of the universe, not to mention the other realms of their universe, as one the mortal realm was done he was planning on leading a crusade on the realms of death, to make sure the Void had nothing to feed on.

That was his grand plan, raze all of creation and then raze the realms of death once the universe was destroyed, where he would rest once that was over and his focus could be set on figuring out a way to safely destroy the Void Lords, once there was nothing left for him to worry about, though his thoughts were interrupted as he felt something strange behind him, as it was back on Argus, because it felt like either reality was shaking or the energies of the six Cosmic Forces happened to be shuddering for some odd reason, causing him to pause and glance back for a few seconds. What he discovered when he glanced back at the seat of the Legion's power was that there was a bright silver light coming from Mac'Aree, something he only knew thanks to what Archimonde and Kil'jaeden told him, as they claimed that nothing of interest was up there and it lead him to ignore it, at least until both of his Hands were dead and Spitfire headed up there with one of her ships, which was why he ordered his forces to follow the 'Grand Army of Azeroth' and he switched his focus to Azeroth. Something told him that this had to be Spitfire at work, who had, according to some of his scouts, managed to find a way to obtain more power than just Fel, as in she supposedly had Fel, Life, Arcane, and Death, though what he was feeling right now made him think that she had all six, something that was unheard of given that most of the Cosmic Forces didn't get along with each other, though here was the impossible happening, on Argus no less, and the silver light seemed to be causing the rest of reality to shake in response to what Spitfire was doing at the moment. Of course such a thing made him sweat for a couple of seconds, even though it was the thought that counted since his current state prevented such a thing from happening in the first place, and the reason for that was because this marked the first time, in his long history, of someone being able to wield more than one or two Cosmic Forces, especially all six of them when he thought about everything he was feeling, so if Spitfire was actually bringing Light, Arcane, Life, Death, Fel, and Void into balance it meant that she would be one of the strongest beings in the universe, possibly standing above him, Argus, and even Azeroth in terms of strength, and it wasn't long before the glow became even brighter, causing his jaw to drop for a moment as his new worst fears were realized by one of the demon hunters his forces feared with every fiber of their being.

In that moment Sargeras decided to, for the time being, abandon Argus and the souls of the Pantheon, because once he claimed Azeroth as his own he would have all the power he needed to crush everything that stood in his path, where the Dark Titan hoped that such a thing included crushing both Spitfire and Rainbow at some point, to which he turned all of his attention back to the planet he was enveloping at the moment, totally ignoring the sense of dread that was coming from Argus at the moment as he focused on claiming his grand prize and burning everything else in the universe once he claimed the World-Soul of Azeroth as his own ends.


Rainbow and the others watched for a time as the six colored strands merged into a silver colored sphere, where it looked like the Void had settled down and joined the others in whatever balance Spitfire had created, something that shocked all of those aboard the dimensional fleet, as everyone was watching this before they assaulted Antorus and brought an end to the Legion at long last, though the most interesting part about what she and everyone else were witnessing was that it seemed like reality, or maybe the universe itself, was vibrating. Everyone who was attuned to one of the Cosmic Forces, no matter which of the six forces it might be, could feel that she was ascending beyond what she had been before this point in time, and she could tell that Spitfire had definitely risen above her own power, making her wonder if she had unlocked the same power that she had unlocked during the battle with Kil'jaeden, before she found something interesting that all of their allies were definitely shocked by when everyone witnessed it happen. Six figures, each one made out of a different Cosmic Force, appeared around the area that Spitfire was floating in and turned to face her, where everyone watched as all of them knelt before her, almost as if all of the ancient beings who were the top of the food chain of each Cosmic Force were acknowledging Spitfire's power and her place above them in the order of the universe, and while that happened she found that it seemed like all of the elements were singing, maybe chanting something none of them understood, though it was possible that it was all tied to everything else that was going on right now. Rainbow was even sure that Sargeras, if he felt what was going on right now, would be worried about the chances of his armies surviving against a power that rivaled that of the Titans, or whoever ruled over the other five Cosmic Powers, if not terrified of the force that had risen to tear all of his plans to pieces, and she could tell that she wasn't the only one thinking about what was going on right now, but just as everyone started to open their mouths, to say something about the scene unfolding before them, the sphere suddenly shifted and the energy burst outwards, meaning that Spitfire had to be emerging from it.

Sure enough the sphere broke down and Spitfire emerged from it, floating down to the ground like an angel with all of her wings opened right now, with a dark purple feathered angel wing resting on the right side of her body, below the wing that represented Death, showing that she had completed what Xe'ra had shown her when she used the Tears of Elune on her Heart, though as the silver light died down they could see that Spitfire had changed a bit more, as in her hair had turned silver and Rainbow was sure her eye color had done the same, no doubt unlocking the same instinct power that she had gained before they came to Argus. In addition to all of that there was also a new horn on Spitfire's head, one in the middle of her forehead, much like Rainbow's third horn, which was curved and happened to be crystalline as well, though it was silver colored and seemed to be connected to Spitfire's new power, though she was now wearing what appeared to be a robe that happened to possess a silver coloration, with black lines that looked like they could be something on top of the bit of clothing, even though it was only one thing and nothing more, with a flaming red sash wrapped around her waist, making her look like a being who stood above all others. Once Spitfire landed, and took a moment to glance at the Void wing she now possessed, all six wings disappeared and many of the heroes assumed there were slits on the backside of her new robe for the wings to move through whenever they emerged at her command, where she raised her hands for a few seconds and pulled out the Twinblades, which had transformed into a silvery version of Illidan's original warglaives, while seeming more elegant than what she used before, something that caused her to shift her stance for a moment and swung her blades, no doubt finding them to be just as grand as her old weapons had been. With that done she turned for a moment and the Twinblades, which would likely be called the Twinblades of the Cosmos on account of her new power and form, disappeared as they returned to her horns, though in the following moments she held a hand out and a bit of her energy swirled around her as she did that, where it looked like she was studying her new silver aura and the power she had gained from gaining the sixth and final Cosmic Force.

As she did that the six beings in front of her raised their heads for a second, to gaze upon her form and power, before all of them disappeared from where they had been kneeling, as quickly as they had appeared based on what Rainbow could see, but once Spitfire was done studying her new aura and power, which had died down and wasn't swirling around her anymore, she lowered her arms and flashed up to where the Vindicaar was resting, allowing her to rejoin her allies, before she gave Romuul a slight nod as he directed the ship back down to Antoran Wastes, as it was time to assault Antorus and put an end to Sargeras' plans.

PreviousChapters Next