• Published 4th Oct 2020
  • 1,138 Views, 305 Comments

World of Warcraft: Burning Skies - Blackdrag-rose



Spitfire and Rainbow are transported to a new world, where they join the Illidari and do everything in their power to bring down the Legion, even if it means stopping the Alliance and the Horde from destroying each other.

  • ...
49
 305
 1,138

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Escaping the Vault

Spitfire and Rainbow looked around the room that they had found themselves in and found that it looked like a prison of some kind, one that contained a few Fel crystals which interested both of them, where the pair found that they felt the energy of Kayn and Altruis inside them, before feeling more Fel energy on the other side of the door and determined that the rest of the Illidari were on the other side of it. That confirmed the fact that they had been captured by Maiev and the rest of her Wardens, back when they returned to the summit of the Black Temple after retrieving the Sargerite Keystone, which was missing at the moment, meaning that once they determined what was going on at the moment they would have to find it and piece together what happened to the rest of their forces. There was another force of Fel energy in the surrounding area, one that felt like the demons of the Legion, meaning that whatever was going on involved their enemies once more, hence the reason that both of them turned their attention to the individual that was in front of them and that was when Rainbow frowned as they found a Warden standing in front of them, one whose voice they had heard a couple of times over the years, since the Fel crystals had encased them to be exact, and it was easily recognizable, meaning that this had to be Maiev, the one who imprisoned them. To be honest, neither of them were all that happy to see her again, especially after what happened the last time they had crossed paths, at the summit of the Black Temple, and Spitfire had the feeling that this was rather embarrassing for Maiev, having to release those that she had imprisoned inside whatever area they were now standing in, which had to be a prison of some sort and there had to be a few more Wardens fighting the forces of the Legion. Of course that was when the pair found something else in this chamber, there were two sets of warglaives, which looked nothing like the ones they had used to kill the demons of Mardum, resting on either side of the area their crystals had been resting in, which meant that either their weapons had been lost after they were imprisoned or, and this was the more likely scenario, Maiev was adding insult to injury by taking their old set of warglaives and had them remade, using some of the designs that went into the weapons of the Wardens, though after discovering that fact the pair turned their attention to Maiev, since she was clearly waiting to see if she should be regretting her decision or not.

In the next couple of seconds Rainbow burst through the space between them and gripped onto the part of Maiev's armor that was near her neck, forcing her through the air and knocked her into the door that was behind her, allowing her to lift the Warden that had imprisoned them in this place after they returned from Mardum, which meant the Keystone they had fought the Legion for had been lost and it was something they would have to recover at some point in the future, though before she could do something else, like punch the Warden in the gut or uppercut her, or even kick her into another wall, Spitfire stepped up to her and placed a hand on her arm, stopping her from doing anything drastic, before focusing on the person she was holding by the collar right now.

"Maiev, I would say that it is nice to see you again, but that would be a lie," Spitfire said, because while it was very easy for her to see that Rainbow was mad, possibly outraged, with the Warden, and to be honest she felt the same way since that stunt of Maiev's had stopped the Illidari from cutting into the Legion's forces and likely cost the forces of Azeroth a bunch of people in the long run, she wanted to focus on the more important enemy right now and not on Maiev, even though it meant that they had to talk with the Warden and figure out what was going on, "Anyway, it appears that the Legion have invaded whatever place you imprisoned us and the rest of the Illidari in, which means that you need our help fighting the demons and repelling them from your world."

"Yes, the Legion is invading Azeroth for the third time, only this time it is different than what we have seen in the past, so much so that we require your... expertise." Maiev replied, her tone immediately telling them that she wasn't a fan of her own idea, since they were sure that if any other Warden tried to free them Maiev would have likely lashed out at them or something, before she turned her head toward the weapon racks for a moment, since that was all she could do given who was holding onto her right now, even if one was simply watching her movement, "As such I am going against my desire to keep all of you contained, out of fear that the Legion might capture your prisons and torment you until you join their side, by freeing the two of you so you can gather the rest of your forces, escape from the Vault, and then take the fight to our enemies... though just know that if you betray us and join the Legion, there will be nothing that will stop me from tracking you down and punishing you for your treachery."

"I ought to punch you for even suggesting that." Rainbow growled, because it was annoying to hear that Maiev had next to no trust in them and thought that there was a chance that they might join the Legion, though it honestly paled when she took a moment to consider the fact that, had the Warden not convinced those adventurers to assault the Black Temple so she could get at Lord Illidan, she, Spitfire, and all of their forces could have prevented this invasion from happening, which made her shift her stance for a moment as she readied herself and then punched the Warden in the chest, who staggered as she hit the ground and carefully forced herself over to where the new warglaives rested, where Spitfire tossed Rainbow one of the sets and they tested their weapons for a moment or two, by remembering and using the motions that they had been taught over the years, before they paused and she frowned, "These might not be the same as the warglaives we were using against the demons of Mardum, as those were lightweight and, unless I'm wrong, these ones have a bit more weight to them, but in the end they're quick and sharp enough to match our old weapons... meaning they'll be decent enough to deal with the demons that are currently invading this place."

"We should also release Kayn and Altruis, since we'll need everyone's power to fight our way through the demons that are invading this place," Spitfire commented, as she had been more focused on the fact that all of the demon hunters that had left Mardum with her and Rainbow, and nearly all of them had done that, save for a few who likely stayed behind to make sure the way was clear for them to teleport back to the liberated world they had taken once their Lord had been told the good news, were resting behind the door and knew what she had to do, which was why she walked away from where Maiev was resting and headed for the door.

Maiev simply nodded her head as she headed through the door that was in front of them and revealed that a decent number of their enemies had already breached every floor of the Vault, as the demons were flooding into the room that rested beyond the door, to which she forgot the pain from Rainbow's attack and charged out so she could join the rest of the Wardens in the defense, leaving Spitfire and Rainbow to free Kayn and Altruis from their cells, who were confused as to what was going on and even glared at each other once they were armed, but Spitfire told them that there were more pressing matters for them to deal with at the moment.

"You're right, we should be focused on freeing the rest of our forces from their cells," Kayn said, as he could feel the rest of the demon hunters that were around the room they were in, despite the fact that he could tell a few were missing and were likely back on Mardum, though even as he said that Altruis cut down one of the Felstalkers that got too close to where they were standing, allowing him to take in some energy and recover from the number of years that all of them spent trapped in those cells.

"And killing demons to replenish our power... even if you two might not need it." Altruis added, to which Kayn actually nodded his head, to show that he had to agree with what the night elf said, something that was rare for them to do since neither of them particularly liked each other, but they both knew that Spitfire and Rainbow weren't like the rest of their order and could tell that neither of their powers had diminished over the years, either due to their original nature or the demonic souls they had infused themselves with to become demon hunters in the first place.

Spitfire and Rainbow nodded their heads as they stepped out into the area, where they decided to split up for a time and focus on freeing the rest of their allies as each of the prison cells were smashed as once of them cut into the crystal that was keeping their friends and allies trapped, where Rainbow was lucky enough to free Jace and Kor'vas first, while Falara and Marius were freed by Spitfire. Falara and Marius were demon hunters that the pair really didn't interact with all that much with, back when they were in the Black Temple, but they were skilled and neither of them liked demons, so the fact that there were demons streaming into the room they were in caused them to join the pair that Rainbow had freed, before the two of them focused on smashing the other cells so they could free the rest of their order and make sure all of them were ready to leave the Vault. It was a few moments later when Spitfire freed Allari and Cyana, where the former did take a moment to comment on how bad the situation had to be if the Wardens were letting them out of their cells, while the latter had to take a moment to realize that she had been freed from both her cell and from having to listen to her own before she tore into the Felstalkers and Felguards that were in the room. Rainbow followed that up by freeing the last of their order, including both Lyana and Asha, who were from the group that Falara and Marius were apart of, in terms of while they were trained by the others, before she and Spitfire surveyed the scene, discovering that all of the cells had been opened and that everyone was free to tear down the Legion's forces, allowing them to route the demons and close all of the portals they had opened to this area.

There was also a Wrath Lord inside the room, apparently the leader of this particular group of demons, so while the others were tearing the lesser demons apart Spitfire and Rainbow rushed over to him and smashed him into the ground, cutting through his defenses like they were nothing and rescuing the Warden that had been fighting him, before they were able to bring him down without delay, allowing them to split his soul between them as they followed the rest of their order through the opening they were heading through... though after that they headed to the left and came to a stop when they found Kayn and Altruis standing behind Maiev, who was staring at a locked door with a seal on it.

"Gul'dan could never break the seal that was on this door... meaning one of my Wardens has betrayed us." Maiev said, as she was focused on the Fel coloration of the seal and knew who had to be the traitor, when she considered what she had been told by Khadgar after he returned from Draenor, to which she waved her arm and the seal broke, allowing them to charge into the darkened room to find that the Betrayer's body was missing, Gul'dan was standing near the edge of the area, and a Warden in Fel armor stood near him, the final discovery revealing something that Khadgar had told her, even if she hated what was in front of her, "Cordana! You shall answer to the High Council for your treason!"

"Judge me all you want, sister," the Fel Warden, apparently named Cordana, replied, though at the same time Spitfire and Rainbow watched as the seemingly hunched over orc used his Fel power to summon three gateways, ones that were unlike the ones they had used on Mardum, and through two of them came some rather large brutish Mo'arg, meaning he was going to stop them from following him and his ally, where it was clear that the Fel Warden was focused on them and nothing else at the moment, "but you and your allies cannot stop the Legion."

"Spitfire and Rainbow Dash, the Legion has been waiting for your return," Gul'dan commented, as he knew all about the two odd demon hunters that were standing near Maiev and the other two Illidari, as his Legion masters had told him all about them and the power they wielded, from just two years of training and their invasion of Mardum, before he let a smile appear on his face as he focused on them for a few seconds, "I'm looking forward to breaking your souls when the two of you die, especially after everything I've heard about you, as you will be great instruments in bringing down the last of Azeroth's defenses, and then, once this troublesome world is conquered, I'm sure the two of you will be great tools in bringing down the rest of creation."

"I wouldn't count on it," Spitfire remarked, though even as she said that Gul'dan and Cordana retreated through one of the portals and Maiev ran after them, barking something about finding an Archmage by the name of 'Khadgar', who she had to assume was someone the Warden trusted, before she headed through the same portal that Gul'dan went through, leaving the four demon hunters to deal with the two large Mo'arg that were in the room, as the demons turned to look at them and seemed to raise their weapons not a couple of seconds later.

The Mo'arg were ready for a fight and swung their weapons down at whoever was in front of them, which was why Spitfire and Rainbow took to air, since the room was rather spacious for a prison room, and separated so each of them could fight one of the demons that were trying to hit them out of the air, in vain since the pair was better at this sort of thing, opening the way for Kayn and Altruis to come rushing in to assist them. One of the interesting tactics that the pair of demons employed was rushing from one side of the square arena that they were fighting on and stopped when they hit the edge of the area, somehow stopping themselves from heading off into the abyss, but that was more to deal with the demon hunters that were attacking their legs and the lower part of their bodies, even though Kayn and Altruis were able to avoid the attack rather easily. Of course, as Spitfire predicted, the pair got into an argument about their Lord and how Altruis believed that Illidan had fallen to the Fel energies that he had been fighting, but before they could get too deep into the argument Spitfire told them that there would be time for them to argue once they had escaped from the Vault, where her words caused the pair to focus on the battle that they were in and less on the fact that they had been arguing a few moments ago, once more demonstrating the influence that she had over the rest of the Illidari, since she was the one that their Lord had put in charge of his forces for the invasion of Mardum. Spitfire had to assume that such a thing was still valid until they managed to retrieve their Lord's body and reattached his soul to it, allowing him to walk the world of the living once more, but instead of worrying about that she focused on cutting into her Mo'arg's exposed arm as Rainbow did the same thing, neither of them really needing their empowered forms for their current batch of enemies.

In the end it didn't take much for Spitfire and Rainbow to cut down both of the Mo'arg and take their souls, even if the two of them got the larger fragments of them and both Kayn and Altruis got the slightly smaller fragments, though that was when the group headed outside the room and started to follow the path that would allow them to reach the upper levels of the Vault, even though Spitfire did have to tell them to work together and stop arguing as she and Rainbow made sure none of the Illidari were left behind. As they did that the pair found a rather powerful looking Inquisitor demon that was in the middle of stabilizing another portal for demons to use to invade the Vault, so the pair wasted no time in lashing out at it and cut into its robes before it even realized that they were there in the first place, allowing them to deal some impressive damage to the demon as the portal structure shattered, allowing the rest of the Illidari to leave without having to be bothered by additional demons. In the end it didn't take them all that long to shatter the Inquisitor and steal the power of his soul, adding it to what they already had, before they reached the top of the ramp and found that Jace was the only one left down here, even though it wasn't hard to see that the other Illidari must have been using a Felbat to get them to the higher levels of the Vault, since it appeared that the elevator that was in the area was broken, meaning that the rest of their allies had used the Felbat had were no doubt killing the demons that were above them.

"Lady Spitfire, Rainbow Dash, I've been waiting for you to arrive," Jace commented, though at the same time the pair could see that there were a number of sacks attached to the Felbat that was in front of them, meaning that Jace must have discovered something like they were killing the demons and the Wardens allowed him to take whatever he had found, as it would aid them in their battles to come, "Kayn, Altruis, and the others have moved on ahead, to clear the path to where the exit is located, so we can head out and figure out what must be done so we can take down the Legion, and we're lucky that some of the Wardens had collected some of the Legion's toys, meaning I'll be able to create wards and everything once we're out of here."

"Then let's get going." Spitfire said, to which she and Rainbow opened their wings and flew through the opening that the elevator would normally ride in, where it took them a few moments to reach the upper level that the others had moved onto and landed near a walkway that would allow them to enter the next chamber, where Jace followed them and landed the Felbat nearby, showing that he wanted to make sure it was safe and secure before he bothered with the rest of the demons that were invading the Vault, since he didn't want to lose what he had been given.

"This is sheer madness!" Kor'vas stated, where Spitfire and Rainbow looked out at the area that she and Allari were looking at, as they could see demons pouring into the Vault as they attempted to overrun the Wardens and the rest of the Illidari that were fending them off, though at the very least the pair was happy that the Wardens hadn't tried to kill them since they broke everyone out of their cells, especially since all of the remaining prison guards were working with the rest of the demon hunters to bring down the demons, "The Wardens have lost control of their prison."

"That'll happen when one of their own betrays them and attacks them when they aren't expecting it," Spitfire said, as that was all the pair needed to know about the situation, that one of the Wardens had joined the Legion, as insane as that sounded since they were against the Illidari existing in the first place, before she and Rainbow glanced around the area and found that there were three doors that they could go through and an elevator that would take them to another level that they would have to fight through, even though it sounded like someone was fighting above them anyway, "So, what do we have to do before we can leave the Vault?"

"Well, according to the Wardens there's a powerful Molten Destroyer in the room to our right," Kor'vas replied, though while she and the others didn't trust their former captors, given the trick that was pulled on them so long ago when they returned to the Black Temple, the fact that none of the Wardens had tried to cuff them was enough to make the Illidari focus on the demons and the other dangers of the Vault, hence the reason she focused on what Spitfire and Rainbow had to know before they moved forward, "I'm not sure if we have the strength to take it out, given that we have been locked in those prisons for a long time, but the Wardens informed us that there are three countermeasures in the room that, when activated, will activate the room's containment device and freeze Ash'golm in place, allowing us to gather our allies and get out of there. There's also a Beholder in the room that's across the way from the passage we used to get up here, trapped in an intricate room that was deactivated when the demons invaded, so someone needs to go in there and help contain it so we can leave, otherwise it might chase us and cause havoc on the rest of the world."

"And don't forget the fact that there's an Overfiend in the chamber to our left, Immolanth according to what one of the Wardens told us," Allari added, revealing that there was a third creature that Spitfire and Rainbow were going to have to take down before they were able to leave the area that they were in, and that wasn't counting an Eredar that seemed to be shouting orders at the rest of the demons, who sounded like he was a few levels above them, a demon that would have to die at some point, so they could leave this place and focus on the Legion, before she focused on the rest of everything she knew about the demon, "supposedly he was the ruler of a distant nexus world, but the Wardens were able to find his world, beat him in battle, and then imprisoned him in this Vault, but now that the seals are broken he's trying to break free so he can join the Legion, to have his revenge on the Wardens and their allies... though if you two take him out you can take his rather immense power and empower yourselves even more than you already are."

Spitfire and Rainbow glanced at each other before heading over to the passage that was to the left of where they had been standing, where they found a large being that was made up of concentrated Fel fire, and bound to armor that let it form arms, legs, and an entire body, which seemed to be in the middle of fighting one of the Illidari, though it didn't take the pair long to enter the room and engage the Overfiend. Immolanth turned around to face them the moment they stepped into the room that he had been imprisoned inside, where both Spitfire and Rainbow separated from each other as they used their warglaives to block the incoming attacks, which was their foe swinging his flaming blades at them in an attempt to cut out down where they stood, though thanks to all the demons they had slain so far the pair was ready for him and whatever he had in store for them. It was during that battle that they discovered that the other demon hunter that was in the room was actually Cyana, and the reason they didn't realize it was her was due to the fact that she was in her empowered form, but that didn't stop them from cutting into the demon and dodging its attacks, which definitely ticked it off as it tried to cut the three of them down so it could escape from the Vault. Spitfire also ended up using a skill that just came to her, a 'blade dance' based on what happened, where she used her inner power to transfer her wings into the tattoos on her back and then rapidly moved through the area that they were fighting in, even though she had moved into the air before doing the attack, so she was able to carve several gashes into their foe's chest before he even realized what she had done, causing her, Rainbow, and Cyana to use their eye beam skill and blast the demon into the ground, where he collapsed and stopped moving.

Cyana, even though she wanted the demon's power for herself, stepped aside and returned to the rest of the fight as Spitfire and Rainbow divided the power between them, allowing them to absorb it before they headed out and split up so they could tackle the other two rooms that needed to be taken care of before they were actually allowed to use the elevator and leave this part of the Vault. Spitfire, who headed to the room that the Beholder was in, found that her target was a floating head, for lack of a better term, and that it was firing a beam of energy at a mirror, which was being reflected around the room and was preventing the demon hunters that were in the room from actually turning the last mirror so they could stun the creature, something that would allow them to escape. As such she flew over to where the final mirror was resting, since she could just fly over it rather easily, and turned the mirror so that the beam was redirected right into the creature's face, allowing Altruis and the others to flee from the room while the creature was stunned, though for how long none of them new and didn't want to stick around to find out. Rainbow, on the other hand, found that Ash'golm was basically a massive fire elemental that looked like it came from beneath a volcano or something like that, though while Kayn and the others distracted it she activated the three nodes that powered this room's countermeasures and froze the creature where it stood, allowing them and the other demon hunters to flee from the room and meet up with the rest of their forces, even if Kayn and Altruis lead the others upstairs as Spitfire and Rainbow informed each other about their success with the rooms they had picked out.

"I just knew the two of you would have succeeded in killing Immolanth and keeping the other two contained," Allari commented, as she wasn't surprised by what Spitfire and Rainbow could do at this point, in fact none of the Illidari were at all surprised by the sheer power and skill that the pair possessed, after two years of training with them and their Lord, and it only made her and some of the others wonder just how far their power was going to rise, which was a good thing since she was sure the Legion would be sending some of its stronger demons to attack this world, "Come, its time that we used the elevator and joined the others... there's an Eredar that needs to be slain so we can have our freedom to fight the rest of the Legion and save Azeroth."

It was then that the three of them, the last of the demon hunters to leave this level, stepped onto the elevator and let it bring them up to the highest point that it could possibly take them to, where they passed by a few floors where they did see a few Wardens killing the rest of the prisoners that were trying to escape from their cells, though since a few of them were demons the pair decided to help the Wardens out by hurling their warglaives out at the demonic prisoners and made sure their attacks killed their targets. That allowed them to pull the souls of the slain demons to a single spot so they could divide each of them between them, adding bits and pieces of power to what they currently had while at the same time making sure none of the demonic prisoners escaped from the Vault, which would appease the Wardens and allow them to focus on whoever was still inside their cells, or let them focus on tracking down Maiev. After all of that the elevator came to a stop and allowed them to stop off of it so they could use the walkways that were near them to leave the area and head for what they hoped was the exit, though Spitfire couldn't fault the Wardens for how they created their Vault, as this was designed to house dangerous creatures so they didn't harm Azeroth, even if most of them were now dead and the Illidari was leaving to deal with their true foe. When the three of them reached the next room, however, Spitfire and Rainbow came to a stop as they stared at Kayn and Altruis who were arguing with each other as they tried to cut the other's head clean off, showing that the anger they had towards each other had finally exploded and both of them wanted to prove whose ideals were the strongest, or maybe whose ideals were correct was the right way to think about it, though it did cause the pair to sigh as they realized what was going on.

Spitfire waited for a minute, just to see if Kayn and Altruis were going to stop what they were doing and realize that they were acting rather foolishly in front of the rest of the Illidari, including Jace's Felbat, to which she sighed and stepped forward, rushing right in between their attacks as she parried them with her own warglaives and then pushed them both backwards as she slammed a hoof on the ground, her power flaring for a moment as she stared at them, which caused the rest of the Illidari to stop in their tracks as well.

"Would you two stop fighting like children and grow up?!" Spitfire stated, because back when she and Rainbow first started their training Kayn and Altruis, despite their differences in what they believed in, followed the path that their Lord set them upon and trusted them to do everything in their power to bring the Legion down, and yet here they were, acting like kids and making themselves look like fools, "I know you two don't get along, since your ideals clash with each other, but you need to grow up and start acting like the demon hunters that Lord Illidan trained, as many of our brothers and sisters still look up to you two and if they see you trying to tear each other part that will only divide the Illidari and bring about our eventual end."

"Still, our dispute cannot be wrapped up just because you tell us to stop," Altruis stated, where many of them faced him for a moment, more in the sense that they were interested in what he had to say and less in the fact that he wasn't listening to what Spitfire had told him and Kayn, who was standing off to the side as he listened to them, "Since you are the leader of the Illidari, in place of Lord Illidan, there are only two ways we'll be able to truly settle our dispute: the first being the death of one of us, in a battle that you interrupted, while the second is you choosing a second-in-command for our order, whose ideals will color our decisions from this day forward."

"Is that all? Than neither of you deserve such a position." Spitfire replied, where she heard a few gasps from the rest of the Illidari, because these two were generally considered to be the greatest commanders under Lord Illidan, meaning that they naturally assumed that she would pick one of them and the other would run away, never to be seen again as they waged their own separate war on the Legion, to which she turned towards the fountain that the rest of the Illidari were standing by, "Kor'vas Bloodthorn, would you accept the position of my second-in-command?"

"I would be honored, Lady Spitfire." Kor'vas stated, because while she really wasn't expecting this when the rest of the group had come up to see what was going on, before they escaped from the Vault and began their survey into what their enemies were doing to Azeroth, she was going to take the opportunity that was being presented to her, while at the same time noticing that Kayn and Altruis were standing there with a stunned look on both of their faces.

"What about Rainbow Dash? She's just as powerful as you are, so shouldn't she have that position?" Kayn asked, as he had no idea that Spitfire would even do this when offered the chance to choose a new direction for their order, even if it meant picking between him and Altruis, though he would have been sure that she would have given Rainbow something to put her higher than the rest of the Illidari.

"I don't care about the leadership responsibilities, I'm fine being a champion and killing demons," Rainbow remarked, as she trusted the direction that Spitfire would take them in and knew that it would be similar to what Lord Illidan would have set them on if he was still with them, even though that thought reminded her of the fact that they needed to find the orc that had taken their Lord's body and recover it, despite the fact that they were going to have to figure out where his weapons were located, since they had been stolen.

"Very well... I will accept this and offer you my services." Altruis said, where he actually knelt towards Spitfire as those words left his mouth, showing that he meant what he said and that he was interested in seeing the direction that their order went in from this point forward, something that Kayn replicated not a few moments later, revealing that they were able to set aside their disagreements and agree on something, though maybe this would allow them to stop focusing on their ideals and focus more on killing demons.

Spitfire acknowledged what Kayn and Altruis were doing, to which she and Rainbow stepped into the front of their group and headed up the stairs that were in front of them, something that allowed them to reach what appeared to be the area that was between them and the exit of the Vault, where they found a large Eredar in the center of the area, who seemed ready for them to come and fight him. The Eredar, that declared that his name was Bastillax and that none of them would see the light of day again, raised his massive sword and swung it at Spitfire and Rainbow as they clashed with his weapon, allowing the others to crush the Felguards, Infernals, and Inquisitors that were in front of them before even being able to join the main battle for their freedom, but this time around neither of them held back, as both Spitfire and Rainbow transformed into their empowered forms as they engaged Bastillax. There was a magical power that the Eredar wanted to use on all of them, where Spitfire and Rainbow nodded as one of them cancelled the skill and the other kept on the offensive, causing Bastillax to growl in annoyance as he tried to crush Spitfire with the edge of his blade, where she used her new warglaives and stalled the attack in its tracks, allowing her and Rainbow to cut into the demon's arms as the rest of the Illidari swung at his legs, cutting between the pieces of armor to deal some damage to him. There was one skill that interested the pair, as it allowed the Eredar to become transparent and either evade their attacks or take less damage from all the cuts that followed him using it, like a blur ability or something, but after that ability expired Rainbow made sure to use the stun skill they got from Immolanth and caused the Eredar to stagger for a few seconds, allowing them to get some good hits on him while he could do nothing to fight back.

Thanks to their skills, and the fact that Bastillax seemed more interested in calling them arrogant for thinking that all of them could stop the Legion, Spitfire, Rainbow, and the Illidari were able to bring the Eredar down and made sure his power was divided among them, with the pair, once more, being given the stronger fragments while the others took the smaller bits, before they declared that they were free and headed for the exit... though once they ascended the stairs, and passed through the open door at the top of them, before they came to a stop as they noticed the mass of Fel energy that was off in the distance, the portal the Legion was using to invade this world.

"Well, that's certainly bad news." Rainbow commented, because she was sure that there were demons pouring into Azeroth from the area that the mass of Fel energy was in, no doubt to protect the area from the heroes that would be coming to try and stop them from saving their world, but before she could say anything else she noticed a raven coming down to the area they were standing in, one that seemed different from ordinary ravens.

That was when the raven transformed into a human that was dressed up in what Spitfire and Rainbow assumed were mage robes of some kind, even though there were a few patterns on the collar area that seemed to reflect the raven part of what they had seen, and he was carrying a staff that had a wooden raven carving at the top of it, though the pair stood at the front of the group, to see if he was friend or foe, before the others did anything.

"Hold, demon hunters, I am not your enemy." the mage said, where the pair determined that he was in the later years of his life, probably around forty-five to fifty-five years old based on their estimates, which might be wrong since they had no idea how humans looked throughout the years, given that they had been working with elves, orcs, the Broken, and all of the other races that made up the Illidari, before the individual beckoned to himself and then gestured towards the area that the mass of Fel energy was coming from, "I am Archmage Khadgar, leader of the Kirin Tor, and I have come to ask you for your aid in saving Azeroth from the Legion and its sinister masters."

"I am Spitfire, leader of the Illidari in Lord Illidan's place," Spitfire replied, because based on what she could tell their new friend was sincere about asking them to join him in taking down the Legion and bringing peace to the universe, even if their original plan had been blown to pieces by the Wardens imprisoning them for who knew how long, before she took a moment to gesture to Rainbow and the others, "and these are Rainbow Dash, Kor'vas Bloodthorn, Allari the Souleater, Kayn Sunfury, Altruis the Sufferer, Jace Darkweaver, and a number of other blood elves and night elves that make up the rest of the Illidari, though we don't have time to introduce everyone to you. What's the situation like?"

"The Alliance and Horde launched an assault on the Broken Shore, intending to stop Gul'dan, but they sailed into a trap and lost many lives in the process," Khadgar answered, though at the same time he waved his hand and three portals appeared in front of them, magical ovals that seemed to be made out of arcane energy and not the usual Fel energy that most of the demon hunters were familiar with, before he glanced at them, "I will spare you the details, as we would be here for a few hours at best, but just know that the two factions aren't exactly happy with each other and that you'll only be able to gain an audience with the High King and Warchief if you send some night elves to Stormwind and some blood elves to Orgrimmar... the rest of the Illidari can move to Dalaran, to assist myself and the others in figuring out how we're going to save our world."

Spitfire barely had to be told that as she ordered Jace to take some of the night elf demon hunters and head through the portal that would take them to Stormwind, while at the same time making sure Allari did the same with the blood elves and the city of Orgrimmar, and as she told those that weren't selected to head for Dalaran she made sure that she and Rainbow, at the very least, went out as well, to see who the leaders of the factions were, where she left Stormwind to her friend while she took on what might be the harder of the two cities, knowing that there might be some demons for them to kill when they reached their destinations.

PreviousChapters Next