• Published 4th Oct 2020
  • 1,146 Views, 305 Comments

World of Warcraft: Burning Skies - Blackdrag-rose



Spitfire and Rainbow are transported to a new world, where they join the Illidari and do everything in their power to bring down the Legion, even if it means stopping the Alliance and the Horde from destroying each other.

  • ...
49
 305
 1,146

PreviousChapters Next
Shore: The Main Event

With the forces of the Sentinax routed, the ship returned to one of the Legion's many worlds like those Rainbow had hurled through the Felstorm, and all of the Nethershards collected, her force returned to Deliverance Point and gave Spitfire the good news, not that it really mattered since those who remained in their base of operations could see her totally wipe out all of the demons who had been aboard the most terrible ship in the Legion's arsenal, at least it was that way since they knew of no other ship that had an equal power to the Sentinax, something that caused many of their allies to cheer since it sent a message to Kil'jaeden that they would not be brought down.

"The Legion should be fearful of fighting Azeroth now, especially with the downfall of the Sentinax," Illidari remarked, as he was pleased to see that the most terrifying ship that could be sent to attack Azeroth had been toppled by Rainbow's might, a power that was constantly growing as she continued to devour Fel energy, making him wonder when she would siphon all of Archimonde's power and add it to her own, though once he said that he found that many were glancing out in the direction of the Tomb of Sargeras, almost as if they were daring Kil'jaeden to show up, "however, they'll likely switch to attacking the provinces of the Broken Isles, to distract us, or our enemy will concentrate his power into unleashing an army to wipe out Deliverance Point... after everything I have seen, the latter seems the most likely."

"Kil'jaeden is waging a costly war with Azeroth right now, due to the fact that we've captured so many demon souls since we were freed from the Vault," Spitfire said, referring to the fact that she and Rainbow could trap the souls of their slain foes, at least the demons anyway, inside their weapons and prevent them from returning to Argus or one of the other worlds that the Legion was in control of, so the endless army of the Legion was starting to find that it was growing weaker and that the forces of Azeroth were more than capable of beating them again, before she smiled for a moment, "but I'm fully expecting him to call forth an army of demons to try and take back the Broken Shore from us, hence why I've asked Elisande, Nozdormu, Murozond, and their forces to find allies that can join our fight... if things work as I have planned, we can keep the army contained outside the Tomb while the heroes use the Pillars to seal the Tomb. Elisande, have you made any progress in finding us any additional allies, any at all?"

"Using the Infinite Dragonflight's methods, with the Bronze Dragonflight ensuring no harm comes to our world, we have created and studied a number of timelines since you asked us to do this," Elisande remarked, though she was speaking freely since all of their combined mages were capable of creating an area where Kil'jaeden would be unable to hear what they might be talking about, leaving their enemy in the dark, while at the same time knowing that it was about time to tell their allies the plan, or at least part of it since no one knew what would come after the Pillars of Creation were used to seal the Tomb and sever the connection between Azeroth and Argus, before she focused on the question again, "so far we've been able to create a number of different timelines, at least twenty so far, by carefully choosing points in history that not only shape one person's destiny, but the destiny of the everyone else as well... one such example is to find a way to stop the one called Arthas Menethil from purging one of his cities, during the opening stages of the Scourge's existence, which isn't an easy task to accomplish. So far most of the timelines we've created have resulted in what the time dragons like to call 'Bad Ends', futures where Azeroth is either taken and corrupted by the Legion, or overwhelmed by the forces of Death, or where nature has overrun everything and strangles those who don't serve the one in charge, and so on... fortunately, we don't have to worry about those Bad Ends, as we have a familiar mysterious figure to thank for taking care of them all, before they could become a threat to our timeline, the Prime Timeline as our allies call it."

"So, the one who destroyed Draenor makes another move while we're gathering allies, and I'm willing to bet the one with the golden attire was nearby," Spitfire remarked, though she could see that Grommash and Yrel were annoyed about the thought about the one who wrecked their world was still bothering them, or their allies for that matter, where she also found Elisande nodding her head to confirm that they had seen the golden god, who represented greed based on what all of them had seen when they were saving the Mag'har and their Draenei allies, which was also annoying and she sighed for a moment as she thought about what she was hearing, "I should be happy that he's ensuring our timeline remains safe, as I'm sure that many of these Bad Ends might have a way to interact with our world and we certainly don't need a repeat of what happened in the past, not while we're fighting the Legion, but right now its hard to say whether he's on our side or if he's just messing with us at this point."

"Yes, but so far he's only been destroying the Bad Ends... he even erased what was left of the End Times I created to save our world from a terrible fate," Murozond commented, referring to the point in time where many of Azeroth's heroes took him out to dismiss his magic so they could deal with Deathwing, by recovering the Demon Soul artifact, though that death had been part of the reason as to why Vytheril and the others had been surprised by his return, since they expected him to be dead, though with Spitfire and Rainbow's constant changes to their timeline he had found a way to return, and even he had sworn to assist in bringing down the Legion, before a smile appeared on his face, "but you have to remember that the twenty timelines the mysterious god destroyed were just the Bad Ends, futures doomed to failure and destruction to be exact... we have been able to identify at least five timelines where we can find potential allies and ask them to assist us in our war with the Legion. So far we have found a timeline where many of the Ancients that were slain during the time of the War of the Ancients actually didn't perish in their battles with the Legion, forever altering that timeline and changing many of its residents at the same time, while another one was of Arthas Menethil listening to Jaina and Uther before they took on the undead that were scattered around Stratholme, creating a timeline where the paladin remained attuned to the Light and never fell to darkness... there's even the timeline where a force called the Unliving rule, watching over their world while taking down whoever dares to attack their world. From what we have determined the mysterious figure hasn't attacked those timelines yet, though we have also determined that should someone head to those timelines, and any of the other good ones we have found so far, its possible that we might set in motion the destruction of their worlds, as that figure might destroy them to keep our timeline safe."

Spitfire sighed for a moment as she heard that news, as while it had been confirmed that there were timelines where they might be able to obtain more allies for the upcoming battle with the Legion, and some sounded like they might have more experience dealing with demons, the downside was that the mysterious figure who destroyed Draenor was keeping track of where Elisande, Nozdormu, and Murozond looked, appearing in the Bad End timelines they discovered and wrecked all of the bad worlds they had found, meaning they had to be careful since one wrong move might cause the figure to wreck the alternate timelines. As such she focused on making sure the trio and their forces continued to seek out other points in time to find other potential allies, while also coming up with ways to get around the timelines being destroyed by the odd figure that seemed to be watching over them, though she could tell that her allies were eager to get back to work and see if they could recruit any new forces into the Grand Army of Azeroth, because if the alternate timelines were in danger it only felt right to offer the displaced new homes in Azeroth Prime just like they had done for Yrel and Grommash once they came to terms with what happened to their own world. Once the conversation was done Spitfire had her forces return to their duties as she thought about her plan and what might happen if that mysterious figure decided to come down to this world at some point in time, to ask them to stop messing with time or something, before shifting her attention back to the Broken Shore, as she needed to be ready for whatever Kil'jaeden did next in his war to bring them down, so he could take Azeroth in Sargeras' dark name, even if it looked like nothing was happening to the Broken Shore right now. That gave all of them the time they needed to get ready for the next phase of the war between them and the Legion, even if it meant waiting for their enemy to make the first move, though if the Deceiver did what Spitfire was thinking they were going to need those reinforcements from all of the good timelines that her forces were able to find, regardless of the terrible and very real consequences that would likely follow such a thing, but for now she had them focus on finding other timelines and determining if they could find allies there or not.

Of course one of the things they did was make sure Khadgar and the others had the Nethershards they wanted, where she found that Rainbow's group had acquired enough to last the mages for a good amount of time, before Spitfire turned back to making sure the Broken Isles and Shore were safe from whatever Kil'jaeden decided to send at them next, since she and the others knew that the Deceiver had to have some sort of plan in the works and would soon turn it on the forces of this world, they just had to be patient and prepare for the future. As Spitfire did that she learned something interesting, that all of the new recruits from both the Wardens and the Illidari, once former enemies like their leaders had been, were busy in part of Azsuna, the Fel-corrupted area of Faronaar that Cordana had been stationed in for some time, though this was just training as they made sure everyone understood the movements and techniques that had been passed to them, while at the same time crushing the demons that had been calling that part of the Broken Isles home, with the Illidari capturing the souls of their slain enemies along the way. Maiev's reasoning behind her decision was that it was good practice for when it came time to launch their assault on whatever defenses Kil'jaeden put in front of the Tomb of Sargeras, which would be in the very near future, something that both Spitfire and Illidan agreed with, so she left them to their business and continued to make sure everyone was right with the Grand Army of Azeroth, where Rainbow seemed to be keeping an eye on the Fel energies of the Broken Shore and stared at the Tomb whenever she had a chance, mostly daring Kil'jaeden to make his final move against them so they could start fighting his forces. So far it looked like the demons were staying away from the Broken Shore, not wanting to feed any additional Fel energy to Rainbow and suffer the loss of the soldiers in question, or it seemed like such a thing might be happening, but Spitfire's forces maintained their defenses and carefully kept an eye out for the next assault on Deliverance Point or the other camps that were scattered around the corrupted isle the Tomb was on, as it was odd for the Legion to allow a force to get this far in a war without forcing their foes to suffer a horrible defeat in some manner, which was just another reason to keep their guards up and keep an eye out for whatever the Deceiver might have planned for them.

What was surprising was that the day came to an end with no new assaults or attacks happening, something that caused all of them to tilt their heads for a moment before enjoying supper and going to bed, while having a system to ensure that a group was always up and kept an eye on the rest of the Broken Shore, with Spitfire ensuring that everyone had a chance to get some rest, though when morning arrived they found an equally surprising sight outside Deliverance Point... as there happened to be a decent sized force of Eredar, accompanied by a fair number of Wyrmtongue, approaching their base of operations, which caused Spitfire to stand near the border of their base, under the watchful eye of several leaders, heroes, and Rainbow, just in case this was a trap.

"Are you the one called Lady Spitfire?" one of the Eredar, a female who seemed to be the captain of the force that was just behind her, asked, speaking as soon as she and her force came to a stop near the border Spitfire was standing at, though from what Spitfire could see this Eredar was a mage thanks to her robes, much like a decent amount of the Draenei, but at the same time it was clear that all of the demons seemed worried about something, where it only took her a moment to figure out that they might be afraid of either her or Rainbow, with the latter the most likely.

"I am. Has Kil'jaeden sent you to intimidate us?" Spitfire asked, because that seemed like something the Deceiver might do, in an effort to make them attack the newcomers and find that they were weaker than what they were expecting, to lower their guard for when his true attack came about, though in the following moments the Eredar shook their heads in the no motion and then, in an interesting display that caught the forces of Azeroth off guard, all of the demons, the Eredar to be exact, dropped to one knee and bowed their heads towards her, like they were recognizing her as their leader or someone they respected to some degree.

"No, he has not given such an order, and we don't follow him anymore. I am Yalmora, and my forces and I have decided to leave the Legion, in light of recent events," the Eredar, Yalmora, replied, something that caused many of the heroes to take a moment to raise their eyebrows as they listened to that statement, as this would be the first time that a force of demons actually left the Legion without someone tracking them down and killing them, not that any demons had tried such a thing and that likely meant that Rainbow's decimation of Kil'jaeden's forces had given the Eredar an opportunity to do it, hence why they were here in the first place, before she waved a hand towards the Wyrmtongue, "and, as a sign of good faith on our end, to show that this is not a trick or a trap, we come baring several artifacts and the stolen goods that have been taken from your cities recently."

Spitfire had heard that some items had gone missing over the last week, from Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and the other cities that the forces of Azeroth lived in, her Illidari had even caught some Wyrmtongue who had been trying to steal stuff from Dalaran and mostly handed them over to the Council of the Black Harvest, who the little demons seemed to enjoy working with for some reason, though as she thought about that several individuals walked over and studied what was inside all of the crates the Wyrmtongue were carrying, while a warlock, who wore the area of the highest ranking member of his Order, a dark robe with dark purple Fel runes etched into the material, stopped near her and Yalmora.

"You do realize that even if we believe you, and welcome your force into the Grand Army, you and your followers won't be starting at the top, like you might be used to, right?" the warlock, a human by the name of Kadin Cromwell, asked, who happened to be the First of the Council, meaning either their strongest or wisest member, severed as the main Netherlord for the order, and carried one of the most powerful Fel staffs in creation, the Scepter of Sargeras, a weapon that could tear open all sorts of dimensional gateways and had been something that Gul'dan had tried to use to end Azeroth after the first failed assault on the Broken Shore, only for Kadin to break his ritual and steal the staff in question, which made him the most powerful living warlock in the universe right now.

"We are well aware of that fact, as many of us are willing to join the Council and share our knowledge with you, which you can use to expand the power of Dreadscar Rift," Yalmora said, where Spitfire had a feeling that the immense fear of having both her power and her demonic soul devoured by someone like Rainbow, which would separate all of the power that she had obtained over the years from her before she fell into the darkness of the Warblades, had to be a reason behind why all of these Eredar were defecting from the Legion, as if they knew that facing them was a death sentence and their quest for power would be at an end, though such a thing meant that the warlocks would have to work to change the Eredar for the better, "while others wish to transform themselves, turning their backs on Sargeras and his Fel power while switching to another power, like the Void or the Light..."

"So they won't have to worry about Rainbow devouring their souls," Spitfire remarked, to which the Eredar nodded right after she said that, confirming her thoughts on the matter and it did look like they were a little surprised that she was the first one to figure out exactly what they were after, though at the same time Yalmora could see that Velen was staring at all of them, like most of the Draenei that were present right now, no doubt silently judging her group for the crimes they had committed over the long millennia they had spent chasing those who had fled from Argus, to which she sighed as she took a moment to consider this information, since this wasn't something she was expecting to find, "Very well, you may join the Grand Army of Azeroth and the Council of the Black Harvest, if they so desire... we'll go over the specifics later, once we're finished taking care of Kil'jaeden and whatever he's planning."

The one thing she didn't feel the need to say was that if the group of Eredar, who Kil'jaeden would likely call the Betrayers, decided to betray the forces of Azeroth than their souls would be forfeit, because if they turned out to be enemies, and all of this was an elaborate trick, Rainbow was going to kill all of the demons that were in front of them and devour both their Fel energy and add their souls to her growing collection, something they seemed to understand as they bowed their heads once more before following her lead, no doubt seeing her as someone who could stand up to Sargeras, given her power to use four of the six Cosmic Forces. If that was the case it made Spitfire wonder why none of the other demons understood the danger that was waiting outside the Tomb of Sargeras, that to face them in battle meant certain death and that their power would only fuel Rainbow's growing might, but if the Legion wanted to play this game she was more than willing to tear them down and show them exactly what happened when they dared to face Azeroth, especially after all the changes she had made since being released from the prison the demon hunters had been trapped inside. Of course Velen and his Draenei were wary of the newcomers, given everything that had happened since they fled Argus, but she expected them to give the Betrayers a chance, even though she did know they needed a new name for the future, if they didn't betray those who were guarding Azeroth right now anyway, and with Velen's force watching over Yalmora's group Spitfire turned most of her attention back to the Broken Shore, which seemed to involve speaking with some of the Wyrmtongue as she figured out what sort of items had been brought to them and what was being returned. For the most part it looked like the couple of artifacts were similar to those that had been stolen from the Legion earlier, after their failed first assault, so basically the items were weapons containing the soul of a powerful being, much like the scythe known as Ulthalesh that had the soul of a Dreadlord inside it, which one of the other Netherlords had in their possession, that were forged to house the souls of certain individuals and use their power against the rest of the universe, while the Wyrmtongue returned the supplies they had stolen while the forces of Azeroth were preparing for facing the forces of this isle.

While she did that Spitfire moved forward with the next stage of her plan, calling on the shamans of the Earthen Ring and all of their elemental allies to shift the appearance of the Broken Shore, as in she started from the base of the ramp that lead up to Deliverance Point and stopped at Wrynnsfall, something that was followed by the earth shifting as it turned into a flat surface that looked like a diamond of sorts from the air, perfectly smooth so neither side had to worry about loose rocks or other hazards when she put her plan into action at long last. In addition to that most of her allies made sure that their armies were ready for when the Call to Arms was sounded, so they could march through the portals that Thalyssra, Oculeth, and the rest of the Nightborne would open when the time was right, though at the same time they were adding new portals to the capital cities of Azeroth, in areas that were being set aside for such a thing, to make traveling easier for the heroes, though to permanently power them the Illidari had handed over some of the demonic souls they had captured lately, some of the Dreadlords, to help Thalyssra's forces out. Of course Elisande and her group were working with both of the dragonflights that focused on the timelines of Azeroth, focusing on finding a way to contact the timelines with people who might ally themselves with Spitfire's forces and drive back the Legion, even though there was a chance that the one who wrecked Draenor might show up and ruin those timelines as well, like he had done to all of the Bad End timelines the group had discovered, but if things worked out as she was hoping Elisande and the time dragonflights would be able to call in all sorts of allies for the battle with Kil'jaeden's forces, since the Deceiver would likely have an immense army to take all of them down. Rainbow, on the other hand, stood nearby and stared out at the Broken Shore while their forces readied themselves for what Spitfire had planned, though she did find that the ruins that rested to the northeast of Deliverance Point, in the coastal area anyway, had some demons with some decent power gathering for Kil'jaeden's assault, which she assumed where some of his champions and made her way out into the area in question, mostly to cut down the demons in question and seal their souls inside her Warblades, including taking all of their energy for herself, but for the most part it seemed like most of the Deceiver's champions were in hiding and would show themselves once the order was given to attack the heroes, leaders, and forces of Azeroth.

As such Spitfire and her forces worked to prepare themselves for when Kil'jaeden made his move, altering the landscape of the Broken Shore to make it how she wanted it to be while Elisande's group worked to communicate with some of the important figures of the timelines they had found, something they would have to be quick about since there was no way to know what might happen, in regards to the mysterious being who was wrecking the alternate timelines and destroying the worlds that her group created, but at least he wasn't coming to mess with them for trying something like this in the first place. Sure enough Kadin and his fellow Netherlords reported that the faction of Eredar that defected from the Legion were true to their word, they were sharing information with his warlocks, something that would boost their power as they started to steal demons and other artifacts of power from the other lords of the shattered worlds, and some of Yalmora's forces became low ranking members of the Council of the Black Harvest, showing that they were willing to do exactly what they had told her when they approached Deliverance Point. Due to that fact Velen and his Draenei did their best to aid the Eredar that wanted to purify themselves of the Fel energy and return to the Legion, even though this happened to be one of the rare times that something like this happened and caused Khadgar to join in for a time, to both record the method they used and assisting them to the best of his ability, though as that happened Spitfire was pleased to find that none of them tried anything, as it meant that Yalmora's group could, in fact, be trusted, though she planned on keeping an eye on her Eredar for a time, just to be sure nothing bad happened. Other than that it looked like Kil'jaeden was leaving her and her forces alone, giving them all the time they needed to make the land ready for when Spitfire gave the command that all of them were patiently waiting for, and it wasn't long before Illidan, Maiev, and their forces to return to Deliverance Point with news that the remaining demons on the Broken Isles had been routed at last, meaning the only thing the forces of Azeroth had to worry about was facing down Kil'jaeden, though Spitfire, Rainbow, and the heroes would be focusing on fighting the Deceiver and, eventually, tearing him down for his crimes against both Azeroth and the other worlds that had been purged by the Legion in the past.

Eventually that day came to an end as well and Spitfire found that Kil'jaeden hadn't made his move yet, which made her wonder if he was having second thoughts about facing Azeroth at this point in time, though when the morning of the next day arrived, and a few hours had passed so her forces could have breakfast, she spotted the Deceiver standing in front of the Tomb of Sargeras, to which she got up and made sure everyone was ready to move, as it seemed like the main event of their assault on the Broken Shore was about to begin, though while her forces gathered on the southwestern edge of the altered landscape she and Rainbow flew over to Kil'jaeden's position, landing near the Tomb's entrance as they stared at the large Eredar.

"Lady Spitfire, it appears that you have been busy," Kil'jaeden commented, where the pair determined that there was no insulting tone to his voice, he was trying to be respectful towards them, unlike how he had been previously, though at the same time he seemed to be staring out at the rest of the Broken Shore that was behind them, a landscape that he didn't even recognize at this point and had to blame it on Spitfire's alterations, meaning she had been getting ready for a battle between her forces and his demonic army, something that caused him to mentally grin for a moment since he had been hoping for this so he could break the forces of Azeroth at long last.

"And you've done nothing, other than watch us and lurk in the shadows," Spitfire replied, knowing that the Deceiver had been watching them from whatever area he liked to hide himself in, likely his command ship in the Twisting Nether, which also served as protection since none of her forces could track him if he remained in that area, but with Kil'jaeden standing here it meant he was ready to face the forces of Azeroth in an attempt to bring all of them down, something that would fail if her plans succeeded in the way she had planned, before she focused on the demon once more, "You know, we can bring an end to this conflict if you just surrender, here and now, and allow us to march into the Tomb so we use the Pillars of Creation to seal the Felstorm... even you must understand the power that you and your forces would be facing if you decided to face either of us in battle, not to mention the combined might of Azeroth's races."

"Of course, even if you do fight us, we'll cut you down and I'll feast on your Fel energy," Rainbow remarked, reminding the demon of the fate that awaited all demonic beings when they fought her, even though she was hoping he'd be dumb and go to war with Spitfire's forces, since it meant they could capture the souls of more demons and take the Deceiver down at long last, crippling the Legion even more than what had happened in the past, according to what they had been told by Khadgar and some of their other allies, where a smile appeared on her face as she imagined getting her hands on the Fel power that rested inside Kil'jaeden's body, a feast based on how powerful he was.

"I have no intention of surrendering to you, nor am I planning on dying this day," Kil'jaeden stated, with a confidence that surprised the pair a little, not that they raised their eyebrows or anything and without their expressions it left the demon in the dark about how he should feel about his decision, though instead of backing down he stood there and stared at the pair for a few moments, showing them that he definitely wasn't backing down and that his forces would stand between all of them and the Tomb of Sargeras, before he smiled for a moment, "however, I am planning on killing you both, make no mistake about that... by the end of today you two will be trapped in Antorus, and I will ensure that you are broken by all of the torture methods we have access to."

Normally this would be where Spitfire said something about the demons who had tried to take them down in the past, like Xazariel in the Nighthold, but instead of wasting time on that she simply turned around and found that Kil'jaeden did the same thing, they were turning their backs on each other and heading back to where their forces would be gathering, even if Rainbow had to resist the urge to cut down Kil'jaeden while his defenses were lowered, to which she and Rainbow flew back to the flat edge near Deliverance Point, finding that most of their forces, those who had been on the island, were now arranged like an army, leaving the main force of the Grand Army waiting elsewhere, though the heroes, Khadgar, Velen, and Illidan were lurking near the Tomb's entrance, since it was time for the main event. Sure enough the Deceiver quickly made his move as he connected to the power of the Tomb, like Gul'dan had once done, and started summoning demons to his side, where Spitfire's forces watched as every type of demon that existed in the Legion, those they had seen anyway, teleported down to his side, though it quickly became a matter of Fel portals opening as hundreds of demons marched out and stepped onto the flat land of the Broken Shore, maybe a thousand or more based on what they were seeing, and all of them seemed to be forming the lines a military would use, an interesting change to be sure. Of course this would normally be where someone would freak out and claim that they were doomed, in the face of the mighty Legion, especially since all of them knew that there were more demons waiting on the other side of Kil'jaeden's portals, though Spitfire's forces stood at the ready as they watched as their enemies started to march on Azeroth, but the interesting fact was that the army did come to a stop as many of the demons patiently waited for the Deceiver to declare war on this world, so they could claim it in Sargeras' name. Once she was sure that the demons were done moving, and it appeared that they might have taken a moment to dismiss their Fel portals, Spitfire smiled for a moment as the area behind her forces shifted for a few seconds as a number of portals, these ones fueled by Arcane energy, opened in response to the appearance of Kil'jaeden's army, where at first it simply looked like Anduin, Thrall, and the combined forces of the Alliance and the Horde were stepping out to do battle with the Deceiver's forces, but the truth was that this was only the beginning of Spitfire's plan.

The reason for that was due to Elisande's group opening portals to the other timelines, which meant they had been rather successful in recruiting more allies to their cause, where one force happened to be the Unliving, as Elisande called them, an army that, at a glance, seemed to resemble the Scourge in some manner, but Spitfire had learned that this force wasn't made up of the mindless undead or people wanting to destroy Azeroth, rather they were heroes and champions who had been slain while defending their world and had been revived by the Lich King, who didn't force this new 'Light-forged' life on his forces, rather he gave them the option and they accepted being revived in such a manner, while they had purified Frostmourne with the Light, creating Lightmourne or something in the process. In addition to that there were the forces of a version of Azeroth who didn't have a Lich King, either due to the Legion not creating one for their world or the figure was still trapped in Northrend, a world were Arthas Menethil was one of the greatest paladins of his timeline's Silver Hand and was no longer the arrogant person he had been when Mal'ganis revealed himself to him, though his force contained a few paladins who were no longer alive in the Azeroth Prime timeline, such as Uther and Tirion for example, and a number of other figures who died in the various battles with the Scourge. Not only that but Elisande had found a timeline where most of the Ancients, like Aviana and Ashamane, survived during the time of the War of the Ancients and went on to help bring an end to the Legion's invasion, where the Well of Eternity still detonated and ushered in the Sundering, but the fact that Spitfire was interested in was that the elven races of that timeline had allies with the Ancients and brought changes with such a thing, like how the Kaldorei became the Nightwing Harpies, elegant and noble beings who were totally different from the foul harpies of the main timeline, and groups of the other elves followed suit, either being changed by Aviana or by one of the other Ancients. What impressed Spitfire was that Elisande was able to find a timeline that she considered to be an impossibility, one where Queen Azshara knew of the danger that Sargeras posed to Azeroth and didn't contact the Dark Titan at all, or rather she knew of his tricks and didn't use the Well of Eternity to aid him in his plans, creating a grand elven army who marched out of their portal with their glorious Queen among their number, which meant that they were countering and erasing the deaths that the Legion had caused over the millennia.

Of course those weren't the only armies that marched out to join them, as Spitfire noticed three large dragons, a blue one who had to be Malygos, a green one who looked like Ysera, and a large black dragon who she suspected was Neltharion, the Dragon Aspect who later became Deathwing, where it looked like he wasn't mad from the Void's corruption, and with all of them were the slain dragons of their particular flight, including dragons from the red and bronze flights, plus there was a smaller black dragon who transformed into a young adult human who was dressed like a prince of some kind, who she assumed was Wrathion, one of the last remaining black dragons from their timeline.

"That's everyone we've been able to make contact with," Elisande commented, though she was pleased with their work, as it took some real skill and determination to make all the alternate timelines she and her group had made, espeically with the aid of Nozdormu and Murozond, despite the fact that they had to watch as many of them, the Bad Ends, were totally destroyed before they could interfere with this world, before she noticed that Spitfire had spotted two female elves that resembled Sylvanas, one still living and one brought back to life by the Light to continue defending her world from every threat it might be facing, only to notice that Kil'jaeden seemed surprised as well, "and your tactic worked, as it appears that our enemy is worried about his chances."

"Good, though we might as well get the main event started. Champions and Protectors of Azeroth," Spitfire stated, where she glanced at the assembled armies that were on their side of the altered Broken Shore, something that caused many of the leaders and legendary figures in this world's history, and possibly the history of the other timelines, turn their heads a little to see what she was up to and if it was time to repay the Legion for every crime that they might have committed in the past, to which she pulled her blades out of her horns and pointed the right one right at Kil'jaeden, who almost looked like he might have taken a step back, "Charge! For Azeroth, and Death to the Legion!"

In the following moments the Grand Army of Azeroth, backed by the armies of other timelines, charged and rushed at the area that the demons were standing in, where Kil'jaeden raised his hand and beckoned for his army to tear down every foe who came at them, causing the demonic army to move a few seconds later, even though he turned and headed into the Tomb of Sargeras, no doubt seeking to awaken the Fallen Avatar, the sleeping weapon that rested in the depths of the massive structure. Spitfire watched as the two enemies clashed with each other not a few seconds later, smashing right into each other in the middle of the area that she had prepared for this event, with the forces of Azeroth instantly pushing their foes backwards a little as demons were sliced, smashed, and blasted apart, though as that happened she flew over to where the leaders of the Order Halls were waiting with the rest of their group, as it was time for them to take the fight to Kil'jaeden and cripple his plans, and while Rainbow didn't want to leave a buffet behind she joined her a few seconds later, deciding to feast of whatever demons were inside the Tomb. Of course Spitfire was curious if Kil'jaeden had placed some traps inside the Tomb, to catch them unaware and damage them accordingly, since it made sense to have someone do it before their enemies entered the structure, but she had the feeling that soon they would be facing the Deceiver in battle, which would please Rainbow since she wanted to take him down for everything he had said and done so far, before they worried about Argus and the potential retaliation that Sargeras might send their way in the very near future.

PreviousChapters Next