• Published 4th Oct 2020
  • 1,146 Views, 305 Comments

World of Warcraft: Burning Skies - Blackdrag-rose



Spitfire and Rainbow are transported to a new world, where they join the Illidari and do everything in their power to bring down the Legion, even if it means stopping the Alliance and the Horde from destroying each other.

  • ...
49
 305
 1,146

PreviousChapters Next
Suramar: Demons of the Nightspire

As soon as Spitfire, Rainbow, and their allies were ready to go, they departed from the Eternal Observatory and headed for the fountain that Aluriel had been guarding, though this time around two new allies walked with them, as both Tel'arn and Etraeus seemed eager to bring the fight to the Legion and take down those who were trying to bring ruin to their city, not to mention the rest of Azeroth for that matter, while Thalyssra remained at the ready in case she needed to fight some of their enemies and Khadgar kept hold of Light's Heart, leaving the astrologers and gardeners to head over to the main gate of the Nighthold's main, to give them aid. It didn't take them long to leave the chamber that they found Etraeus inside and headed down the stairs that brought them back to where Aluriel had been patrolling, as it was time to head to the area that was directly across from where the main gate rested, not the Nightspire anyway, as from an aerial view there was a cracked bridge that used to connect this part of Suramar to the Broken Shore, back when it was just Suramar and the structure that had become the Tomb of Sargeras, a bridge that had been broken thanks to the barrier that had been placed over the city all those years ago, and it happened to line up with where the Nighthold's main gate rested. Spitfire's plan was simple, they were going to take out whatever powerful creature had to be guarding the bridge area, as she could feel something in that area and knew that Rainbow, at the very least, could sense it as well, even though Etraeus confirmed that there was some sort of demon resting in that area and was guarded by whatever minions served it, while informing all of them that there was a Dreadlord inside the Captain's Quarters, the other tower that was across from the Eternal Observatory, so once they toppled whatever the other demon was they would take the Dreadlord out, before heading for the Nightspire to take down another demon and free Elisande, with killing Gul'dan being after that. The heroes considered her plan for a few seconds and quickly agreed with it, as going in a clockwise pattern right now seemed to be the best course of action, especially due to the fact that the Fel barriers seemed to be leading them in such a way, though once everyone was ready to go they headed to their left and started to march on their next destination.

What they discovered was that there were a few types of demons resting in their way, as they expected since this part of the Nighthold was covered by Gul'dan's forces for the most part, where the first one that rushed over to them happened to be one of the Darkglares, a demon that was similar to the Observers Spitfire and Rainbow had faced during their time with the Illidari, only they were dark purple skinned demons that had plenty of spikes all over its head shaped body and its eye was a Fel green color. In addition to that they found a number of Doomguards standing guard, between them, the set of stairs that Thalyssra told them would lead to where the broken bridge rested, and the opening that lead into the base of the Nightspire, though they were also joined by a number of Eredar and likely the rest of the Felborne, even though these former Nightborne looked less like elves and were more like demons, to which Rainbow did what she did whenever they faced a large group of demonic enemies and weaved a net into the air to catch the demonic souls. With that in place she, Spitfire, and the group lashed out at the demons that were around this part of the Nighthold, where she spun around and used her clawed feet to carve up some of the Doomguards that were coming towards their location, Spitfire dodged a few attacks and cut down a few Eredar who decided to challenge her, and the heroes lashed out at the Darkglares, Eredar, the demonic Felborne, and the remaining Doomguards that were in this area, even though the healers weaved their power all around them and make sure that none of them sustained too much damage while they were fighting, as losing someone at this point would only annoy everyone. Of course there were a number of captured Nightborne in this area as well, no doubt sacrifices that were being readied for whatever Gul'dan was planning, so while they slew their enemies and dropped them to the ground, with Rainbow making sure her net caught all of their souls a few seconds later so they could be added to her collection, some of the heroes, the rogues to be exact, freed the Nightborne so Thalyssra and Khadgar could make sure they returned to their forces that were resting at the main gate, to be tended to and allowed to head home like the others who had been freed before them.

It took a few minutes to actually clear out the demons who were in this part of the Nighthold, not counting any that were in the Captain's Quarters anyway, though as soon as that was done, and Rainbow confirmed that her net had caught all of their souls, the group headed down the large set of stairs their enemies had been guarding, crossed a circular area that had no one guarding it, and started down the path that would bring them to the end of the broken bridge, but before they got too far a massive Infernal, which was easily twice the size of a normal one, crashed into another smaller circular area and reformed as it faced them. Everyone immediately determined that this was the guardian of this area, blocking the way to whatever demon was waiting at the end of the broken bridge, though instead of wasting time the heroes lashed out at the Infernal and hacked into its legs, or its arms when it swung at them, while Spitfire and Rainbow flew around the upper part of its body and lashed out at its head or back, though Rainbow also tanked a few pulsing Fel orbs that were designed to deal damage to everyone in their group, allowing her body to absorb the Fel energy before continuing her attack, which ended with the Infernal falling so they could press on. With the Infernal taken care of everyone was able to see that there were three Eredar, two male and one female, who were standing near the end of the broken bridge and appeared to be in the middle of channeling their powers into what, at first glance, seemed to be a Fel portal located under the water, but the reality of the situation was that it was a Fel seal that was keeping something from rising out of the depths, which had to be the demon that needed to die so they could move onto the Dreadlord that was inside the Captain's Quarters, but this just meant whatever was under the water had to be powerful, which excited Rainbow a tiny bit. Once they understood what was in front of them Khadgar weaved his power into a set of Arcane steps for the group to use to get down to where their target was resting, even though Spitfire and Rainbow used their wings to fly down to the Eredar and engaged them, who had to stop what they were doing to focus on them and the heroes, though it didn't take all of them that long to bring all three of them down and allow Rainbow to capture their souls not a few seconds later, before the seal shattered and they watched as a massive giant demon, with red skin that had a bunch of Fel cracks around its neck and shoulders, burst out of the water and stared at them, with only its upper half facing them.

"Krosus... the demon who extinguished most of Tirion Fordring's life, during our first assault on the Broken Shore, which lead to his eventual death," one of the Highlords, leaders of the Paladin order, stated, informing Spitfire and Rainbow as to who they would be facing for the next couple of minutes, even though they were sure that they had gained the name due to Gul'dan giving it to them before sending the demon to kill them, where Spitfire was sure it was the retribution paladin who spoke up, considering that she carried Ashbringer, the very weapon Tirion had carried into battle before his passing, before they stared at the angry looking demon.

In the first moment Spitfire informed the heroes that Krosus was a Doom Lord, not to be confused with the high ranking Doomguards who went by the same title that was only a single word, which was a type of demon that was rumored to be part of the Legion, an amalgamation of all sorts of demons that was created to be superior to every other race that served Sargeras, and this was the first time she and Rainbow had found one during their fights with the Legion, but it only made them wonder just how many more Doom Lords existed across the worlds that Sargeras had conquered in the past, before she refocused on Krosus once more. As soon as everyone was ready to go they charged at Krosus without delay, where he swung his blackened Fel cracked fists at Spitfire and Rainbow as they moved through the air, as both of them shifted into their empowered forms without delay since they knew this sort of demon wasn't to be taken lightly, even though when his fists collided with their incoming attacks Thalyssra, Khadgar, and the others watched as the air shuddered for a time due to the Fel energy of Krosus colliding with the power of their demon hunter allies, even though it looked like everyone else was having a hard time wounding the demon's chest. Of course it didn't take long for Krosus to try something else, which came in the form of gathering his Fel energy and fired a beam right at those that were fighting on the shattered bridge, as he intended on breaking them down and killing them for his master, though Rainbow quickly rushed down to where their foe was aiming and used her innate power to absorb Fel energy to counter the Fel beam, not to mention absorb most of its power in the process, which allowed the heroes to get out of the way and continue lashing out at their foe, as while it looked like nothing was working both she and Spitfire could see markings appearing on Krosus' chest, meaning he had to be taking damage from the attacks their allies were using on him. Another interesting move he had access to was that he could send out bits of Fel fire from his shoulders and strike the bits of the bridge that the heroes were fighting on, though Rainbow found that many of the heroes rushed over to where Krosus' attacks would hit and cancelled out the flames as each of them struck the areas that were their destination, though one did hit the water, for some reason, and it turned out that such a thing spawned a Fel fire elemental, which Spitfire cut in half before returning to the first.

After that Rainbow tanked two more Fel beams that were meant for the heroes that were fighting with them, even though she did know that Krosus was stronger than what she and Spitfire originally assumed, since this was their first time facing off against one of the rumored Doom Lords, and he seemed to enjoy pounding on the part of the bridge that was in front of him, cracking part of it in the process before eventually breaking it and caused everyone to back up, but as that went down Krosus raised his hands and created a massive sphere of Fel energy that he threw at them without delay, something that Rainbow countered like when she tanked the Fel beams, stalling it in the air for a time before breaking it down and absorbed all of the energy that had been inside it. Such a thing caused her to huff for a moment, as the Fel sphere, likely an orb designed to destroy those who were caught in the area it landed in, had more power than what she had thought it might have and it took a lot out of her to counter it, but the good thing was that it allowed her to boost her considerable power by quite a bit, though once the sphere was taken care of Krosus stepped forward and stopped when he neared the edge of the now shortened bridge, allowing him to engage the heroes once more, even though he focused on swinging at Spitfire and Rainbow as they moved through the air. From that point the heroes discovered that Krosus started to repeat many of the moves he used before shattering part of the bridge, something they were expecting since it appeared that a good number of demons had a specific set of skills and abilities that they used whenever they faced their enemies, and it meant that they tended to use some of the stronger attacks more than once, to which they let Rainbow focus on tanking the Fel beams and any spheres Krosus sent at them while they wiped out the Fel fire attacks, while moving out of the way whenever he tried to slam his fists on the bridge. He even shattered the bridge a second time and forced them to move back before it happened, even though that meant they were running out of room since they were getting even closer to the edge of the bridge that lead back up to the Nighthold, though that didn't stop Spitfire and Rainbow from attacking him and cutting into his Fel skin, tearing sections of it away as he roared in pain, something that caused the heroes to do the same thing as they focused on taking him down and depriving Gul'dan of another ally.

A few moments later, as Krosus raised his arms to drop another Fel sphere on their heads, Rainbow smashed through it before he could actually complete it, while her body absorbed the energy in question, and stabbed him in the brain, as she actually pierced his skull and her blades went right into his brain, causing the demon to roar in pain as he staggered for a time and, eventually, collapsed with his head resting on the bridge everyone was standing on, before his body broke apart and formed a Fel crystal at the end of the shattered bridge, which she smashed and sent Krosus' soul into her collection as well, while his immense Fel power was added to her own power a few seconds later.

"Good, we have avenged Tirion and have ensured that Krosus is unable to be reborn," Khadgar remarked, as he knew that all of the paladins would be pleased to have slain the demon that had aided Gul'dan in slaying Tirion, not to mention all of the heroes who knew the man in question, though he had to admit that now he wanted to sit down with Spitfire, or even Rainbow, and ask some questions about the other demonic races Sargeras might have under his thumb, since they might know of more like the Doom Lord, something that would have to wait until after Elisande and the Nighthold were freed from the Legion's grasp, and Gul'dan was slain of course.

Spitfire said nothing to that as she, Rainbow, and the others took a few moments to rest and recover from the fight with Krosus, as while most of them had emerged unscathed it was better to make sure everyone was rested and ready for the remaining enemies that stood between them and Gul'dan, and right now their next target would be the Dreadlord that was inside the Captain's Quarters, a powerful foe who would be angry at her and Rainbow for the destruction of its home world, when they were looking for information on the Sargerite Keystone. Once they were done resting the group headed over to the part of the bridge that Thalyssra and Khadgar were standing near and found that they had formed a new set of Arcane steps that would allow them to return to the main part of the Nighthold, even if it meant retracing their steps for a short amount of time before heading to their left, to which they simply accepted what was in front of them and made their way back into the main section of the Nighthold without delay, before turning towards the Captain's Quarters, which had a bunch of Fel energy coming from it. Sure enough they found a number of demonic enemies waiting for them outside the building in question, as in Darkglares, Doomguards, and some Eredar, to which the group lashed out at their new enemies as they made their way towards the structure the Dreadlord was resting inside, where Spitfire and Rainbow were sure that these enemies had been summoned to the Nighthold as reinforcements, meaning the Dreadlord knew they had to be on their way and wanted to slow them down, so they called enemies to their side to either kill them or slow them down, all so Gul'dan could complete his mission. Rainbow, of course, created another net to make sure none of the demonic souls left the Nighthold, just like she did in the past, while at the same time she hacked and slashed her way through some of the demons that rushed at her, as she and Spitfire happened to be their main targets since the demons considered them to be the greatest threat to their operations, even if the heroes of Azeroth were also incredibly dangerous in their own right, and as they pushed forward more demons fell and allowed some of their allies to free the rest of the Nightborne who were in this area, who were grateful and fled the area as soon as the way was open, joining those who had been freed since they started to assault this place.

When they stepped into the lower level of the Captain's Quarters, however, Rainbow found a few Eredar standing guard in front of an Arcane cell, just like those that she and the others had seen inside the city, before noticing that Ly'leth was the one who was trapped inside it, which confirmed that someone must have kidnapped her some time before they assaulted the Nighthold's main gate and fell prey to Gul'dan's trap, to which they slew the demons, sending their souls screaming into Rainbow's collection, before Thalyssra broke the cell apart and Rainbow caught Ly'leth, who happened to be on the verge of becoming a Nightfallen.

"Ly'leth... thank the Titans we found you, before something bad happened," Rainbow stated, even though that was an odd thing to say, since every one in their large group, save for Thalyssra, knew that the Titans had been defeated and that they weren't coming to aid them anytime soon, but as she said that she reached into her pack for a second and pulled out one of the two Arcfruit she had brought with them when they left Shal'Aran earlier, as she had the feeling that they would need them and, after seeing how weak Ly'leth looked, it was a good thing she had done so.

"...sister... Rainbow, have you... seen Anarys...?" Ly'leth asked, where it was clear that she was weakened from being stuck in this area, trapped in the Arcane cell like an animal for the Eredar to stare at and observe, while being cut off from the Nightwell and the essence she needed to continue living, though while some of the heroes knew that Ly'leth was worried about her sister, given that Anarys had gone missing around the same time that Ly'leth had, some of them were a tad bit curious as to whether she had been referring to Anarys when she said 'sister', or if she meant Rainbow, given the amount of time that Rainbow had spent in Anarys' shoes.

"No, I haven't seen her... we'll find her, wherever the Legion is holding her," Rainbow replied, though as she said that she made sure Ly'leth devoured the Arcfruit that was being offered to her, something that was followed by the Arcane rings appearing around her body as it was restored to its former Nightborne glory in a matter of seconds, just like what she and the others had seen in the past, and once that was done she made sure someone escorted Ly'leth to the rest of their allies at the main gate, allowing her, Spitfire, and the others to focus on what might be at the top of the stairs that lead to the upper floor of the Captain's Quarters.

As soon as the hero who escorted Ly'leth to Tyrande and Lady Liadrin's forces returned to the Captain's Quarters, which only took a few moments since they were resting at the bottom of the nearby stairs that brought them up to this part of the Nighthold, the group walked into the passage that was to their right and found a set of stairs that brought them right to the next level of this building, where it took them little time to find a pair of Doomguards, a pair of Darkglares, a pair of Eredar, and a pair of Felborne standing near a large Dreadlord, whose wings radiated a Fel green coloration as he stood still and watched them enter the chamber he was resting in.

"Incompetent mortals... even with the power of the Legion fueling their bodies, our 'allies' seem to be incapable of taking down anyone who assaults their palace," the Dreadlord stated, where Spitfire could see that even the Felborne nodded as he said that, showing that they agreed that their former allies were incompetent, though as she noticed that it was easy for them to see that the remaining Felborne were as corrupted as Aluriel had been when they fought her, looking more like demons and less like elves, though interestingly enough the Dreadlord did nothing as everyone stepped into his domain, while Thalyssra and Khadgar made sure barriers were up to prevent him and his allies from leaving, "Very well, I guess we can amuse ourselves by cleaning up the mess that our 'allies' have made... come, mortals, and suffer defeat at the hands of Tichondrius, known as the Darkener and Lord of the Nathrezim!"

That statement, alone, caused Spitfire, Rainbow, and the heroes to lash out at Tichondrius and his demonic allies, with the majority of them focusing on the Dreadlord as a few turned on his allies, deciding to cut down the other demons before something bad happened to any of them, though as soon as the couple of enemies were taken care of, something that did cause Tichondrius to sigh as he realized that his allies had been decimated in a matter of seconds, including watching as all of their souls were caught by Rainbow's net and added to her collection. As soon as the other demons were dead Spitfire, Rainbow, and the heroes fully focused on Tichondrius as the Dreadlord lashed out with his clawed hands, indicating that he was ready to face them, though it was swiftly followed by him weaving some of his power into the air and summoned a batch of insects to deal damage to everyone that happened to be around him, where the heroes pulled back for a second as Spitfire summoned a flaming aura, burning all of the insects before they had a chance to deal any damage to those the Dreadlord had been targeting, before she spun around and swung at Tichondrius' chest, leaving a burning diagonal slash on his armor, even though she was sure that it struck his chest a little. One thing the demon tried to do was create blobs of what appeared to be blood, either his own blood, the blood of the fallen, or maybe a bit of blood from the heroes, but as he did that Scarlet and a few heroes turned and lashed out at his new allies before they had a chance to do much to the group, while Spitfire and Rainbow flashed through the large chamber and swung their blades at their foe, allowing their Fel energy to clash with Tichondrius' for a few moments, revealing that he was definitely a strong foe based on what the pair could feel at the moment. A few moments later Tichondrius started to channel a different power as four Fel spikes burst out of the floor around them and seemed to be readying a more powerful attack this time around, to which the heroes did the smart thing and dove behind the protections that the Dreadlord had created for them, something that was rather odd when they thought about it for a few seconds, though once he was done he raised his hands for a moment and loosed a number of Void bolts at everyone that was currently fighting them, something that surprised Spitfire and Rainbow, since they had been expecting a Fel attack and had been preparing for Rainbow to tank such an attack, before they dived behind one of the spikes and waited for the attack to be over.

Once Tichondrius was done channeling his attack, where several of the bolts had bounced off the Arcane barrier that both Thalyssra and Khadgar had used since even they appeared to be some of his targets, the spikes shattered and that caused all of the heroes to rush back into battle once more, hacking into the Dreadlord's arms and legs for a moment while the ranged heroes fired upon him with all sorts of arrow based attacks and spells, showing him that they weren't going to fall to him and that they were going to bring him down at some point in time. What was interesting was that Tichondrius took a moment to focus on Rainbow and raised his right hand as he did that, where it looked like he might be etching a rune or brand on her, something he claimed was a powerful mark from Argus itself and that she would burn from the inside out as he fought her and her allies, to which she smirked for a moment as she braced herself and her Fel energy quickly devoured the Dreadlord's brand, empowering her even more than she had been before as she burst into the air and punched him right in the jaw, knocking the demon backwards for a few seconds as he rubbed that area. It appeared that he had no idea that Spitfire and Rainbow were capable of absorbing Fel attacks and empowering themselves by adding whatever power was inside the attacks to their own pools of energy, hence why he went and used a Fel attack without thinking about any consequences that might arise from his actions, but before Tichondrius could recover from Rainbow's attack she, Spitfire, and the rest of the heroes lashed out at him without delay, showing that they were planning on bringing him down so they could liberate another section of the Nighthold and move onto the Nightspire. As that happened Tichondrius shifted to a new tactic as his power affected everything that was around him, allowing the Dreadlord to vanish as he affected his foes with an illusory world of sorts, sending phantom bats to attack everyone in this chamber while he lurked in the bits of shadow that were around them so he could loose bursts of Fel energy at the rest of Azeroth's heroes, as he wasn't going to target Spitfire or Rainbow with this attack, not after what he had seen when Rainbow intercepted his first attack, but he did notice that Scarlet and the others avoided his attacks without much delay, causing him to frown, as growling would let them know where he was, which was when Rainbow rushed at him and punched the left side of his face, knocking him out of his illusion and knocked him to the floor.

As Tichondrius got up he started to wonder how in the world she had noticed where he had been positioned, because his spell was designed to hide him until he was ready to resume the fight, but before he could open his mouth he noticed that Rainbow's eyes were glowing with a bit of Fel energy, the cursed Spectral Sight that several of the surviving Dreadlords had told him about, a skill that all demon hunters learned and was capable of seeing things that were invisible to someone that had a normal sight. In that moment he growled as he pushed himself back onto his hooves and rushed back back into the fight, as he wanted to avenge his shattered world by killing Spitfire and Rainbow Dash, something that would allow him to capture their souls and present them to Sargeras, who would reward him for his actions and might grant him more power for the future, or maybe a new world so he could replace the one that had been shattered by Illidan and his Illidari, but he knew to reach that point would be no easy feat considering what was in front of him, now that he had a better idea of the power that these two cursed Illidari possessed. Rainbow, on the other hand, decided she had enough of playing around and went on the offensive for real, as in she switched to ducking and weaving as she avoided the attacks that were coming at her, while spinning to use her clawed feet at Tichondrius' chest so she could scratch up his armor and break through to his actual chest, especially since it included using her tail to strike him several times to either crush some of his bones or slow him down so the others could continue to lash out at the Dreadlord, leaving Spitfire to focus on the enemies he called to his aid, as Tichondrius opened some portals to call forth several Wrathguards and Darkglares to attack them from the back and disrupt their efforts. As such the Dreadlord watched as his reinforcements were slain in a matter of seconds as Spitfire flashed all over the chamber and swung her Twinblades at the new enemies that happened to be responding to Tichondrius' call, where she quickly littered the ground with the corpses of the demons who were coming at them while all of their souls were captured by Rainbow's net, not that she cared about taking their souls for herself, but once every single additional demon was slain she returned to the battle and lashed out at the Dreadlord, knocking him back into the wall he had been standing in front of previously, and it was clear that he was weakening before their might.

In fact Rainbow channeled some of her Fel energy into her right fist and slammed it into Tichondrius' chest, shattering his chest piece and causing him to cough as she cracked several of his ribs, even breaking many of them and lead to his heart, and his other organs, being punctured in the process, which forced him to drop to a knee for a moment as he realized just how doomed he was right now, before she spun around and called her Warblades out to remove the Dreadlord's head in an instant, allowing her to send his soul screaming into her collection while splitting his power from it to add all of that to her growing pool of power.

"Last time we saw Tichondrius was during the Third War, when Illidan killed him... in fact, given a brief resonence from his resting place, I think he's pleased with you killing him again," Khadgar commented, referring to Light's Heart for a moment, as he was carrying it and making sure no one got close to damage it, since it contained the soul of Illidan Stormrage inside it right now, and it sure looked like his spirit was pleased with Rainbow killing Tichondrius and sending his soul to a place where he wouldn't be able to leave, not unless she freed the souls that were trapped inside her Warblades, though before he could say anything else Thalyssra glanced in the direction of the Nightspire, "though it would seem like we can take the fight to the Nightspire and kill whoever is guarding Elisande, before moving onto Gul'dan at long last."

Instead of saying anything Spitfire nodded her head as she and the others waited for a few moments, a period of rest once more, before departing from the chamber they had fought Tichondrius in and found a doorway that brought them to a short passage that linked the Captain's Quarters to one of the pillars around the main structure, where they found a warp pad that would, according to Thalyssra, bring them to the Nightspire, the font that Elisande usually stood near while she worked her magic. As such they accessed the device and allowed it to bring them up to the outside of the chamber their next foe would be resting in, since someone had to be watching over Elisande, even though it took Spitfire, Rainbow, and the heroes some time to get up there since they went one at a time to get up to their destination, with both Thalyssra and Khadgar bringing up the rear like usual, meaning if there were any enemies standing between them and their destination the heroes could take care of them. What was surprising for the heroes was the fact that there were no demons waiting outside the Nightspire, as even Spitfire and Rainbow were taken aback by it when they noticed what was going on, though it did mean whoever was with Elisande felt that they might be untouchable or something, to which they walked up the set of stairs that were in front of them and finally entered the Nightspire, allowing them to gaze upon the font of energy that Elisande usually stood near and worked with, which meant they were near Gul'dan's location, before Thalyssra gasped as she spotted the Grand Magistrix, causing them to see her as well. Elisande was kneeling on the floor, off to the right side of the font of energy, from the direction they entered through, even though it looked like her legs were locked to said floor by some Fel metal shackles, while at the same time there were shackles around her wrists that were connected to a Fel spike that was just as tall as this chamber was, where it looked like someone had been tormenting her and allowed her a couple of moments of rest before they started another session, as it seemed like she could be raised into the air by some chains that were connected to her shackles, while parts of her clothing were torn, her crown was nowhere to be seen, and her shoulder pieces appeared to be shattered and and the pieces were scattered around this chamber, almost as if whoever was in this area was trying to break her mentally.

It was in the following moment that Spitfire and Rainbow spotted a demon standing near Elisande's location, a crimson skinned Sayaad to be exact, who had a large pair of leathery wings that had a dark red coloration to the sections between the 'fingers', which ended in curved spikes, though that was when they noticed some golden chains that seemed to be wrapped around part of the upper part of her wings. Based on what everyone could see the chains didn't seem the type that would restrict movement, so it was more like a fashion choice on her part, before finding that she wore far less than the rest of her kind, which was hard to think about when they considered what the other Sayaad wore. The reason for that thought was due to the fact that it looked like she wore a metal bra and the metal only rested below her breasts, which were a full size larger than Rainbow's breasts and the metal likely prevented any sort of sagging, and it was easy for them to see that nothing was covering her breasts. After seeing her chest they found that she also had a red sash in front of her groin, linked to a set of metallic hip protectors, while the fronts of her legs were covered in metal that had red lines on them, metal shaped to fit her legs and stopped just above her hooves.

"Ah, Spitfire and Rainbow Dash... I've been waiting to meet you two," the demon stated, where she turned to face them as soon as they entered the chamber and took in what she had left for everyone to find if they made it this far, though they found that she spoke with an alluring and sexy voice, befitting of the one that was known as the Sayaad Queen, as both of them suspected that they had found the demonic queen they had been told about back in Stormheim.

As the demon completed her motion it was easy for all of them to see that her sclera were bright orange colored and her eyes were a crimson red, while she had black curved markings that went from the outside of her eyes and stopped near the edges of her mouth, and the demon had long black hair which stopped right at the middle of her back, which made her look gorgeous in her own right.

"I mean, you two have been killing many of my daughters and acolytes, trapping their souls in your weapons so they can't return to my paradise for... addition training," the demon continued, showing that she must have been thinking about this for a while, all while watching as her kin were slain in battle, and while she was clearly upset about it she also seemed to think that this was a game, "though when the chance came to claim my revenge I took it... and I've been spending some of my time on Elisande here, as I have found that she will make a wonderful addition to my paradise, once I've broken both her will and her body that is."

"Xazariel, the Sayaad Queen that's also known as the Queen of Sin." Spitfire replied, naming the demon that was in front of her, Rainbow, and the rest of the heroes, as she honestly wasn't expecting to encounter this particular Sayaad, figuring she would be busy on another world or something, though thanks to what the demon was saying it made it clear that two of them were her targets and the others were likely bonuses or something similar.

Given that comment she and Rainbow readied their weapons for a moment as they focused on the Sayaad that was right in front of them, leaving the heroes to spread out a little and put a bit of distance between them and Elisande, as it looked like she needed immediate care.

"Good, you know of me, meaning we don't have to waste time on me telling you who I am," Xazariel said, though as she said that the demon stepped forward and vanished for a moment, only to reappear in front of Rainbow not a second later as everyone turned to notice where she had moved to, which gave her a chance to raise her hands and placed them right under Rainbow's breasts for a moment, like she was studying her or something, before quickly moving to study the rest of her body, and even Spitfire's body for a few seconds, only to return to where she had been standing once she was done with her investigation, "You know, its a shame that both of your souls have been reserved by Kil'jaeden, as I can easily tell that you two would have made fine Sayaad, after spending some personal time with me, so I could reshape your bodies to be true succubi and teach you about our powers... you two are wasted on him and those that serve him, especially after he lost his previous pets... oh well, there are a few heroes in your group that I can spend some time with and turn them into a group of fine Sayaad, in your place."

Spitfire glanced at Rainbow for a second, who nodded her head in understanding, as Xazariel's speed was beyond what all of them had been expecting and such a thing meant that they needed to use their empowered forms to tackle her, but as soon as they decided that it was time to start the battle Xazariel seemed to consider the same thing as she held her right hand out for a second and drew a blackened longsword, with a red line going right down the middle of the blade, out of a storage area that only she had access to, and once it was outside she pointed it at them and smiled, like she felt that this battle was already over. Not a few seconds later she, Spitfire, and Rainbow flashed into the middle of the chamber, or at least the part of the chamber they were in, and clashed by swinging their weapons at each other, where it was easy to find that Xazariel used her blade to parry the incoming attack from one of them, push them back with a bit of her power, and then blocked another attack that came from the back, as Rainbow aimed at the Sayaad's neck from the back so she could take her out in seconds, only to be surprised when their foe blocked the attack, showing that she was skilled and not to be underestimated at all. The pair could tell that Xazariel was powerful, as not only could she see their attacks and counter all of them, for now at the very least, her Fel energy was similar to that of Krosus, though since she wasn't an amalgamation of demonic species it was possible that they were facing one of the most powerful natural demons, instead of one that had been created by corrupting another race into a demonic form, but that didn't stop the two of them from flashing all over the chamber as Xazariel followed them, leaving the heroes to rush over to Elisande as Thalyssra and Khadgar joined them, so they could focus on freeing her. What Spitfire found to be interesting was that a few moments later she was able to cut through the right side of their foe's body, even if it was a light gash that barely did any damage to the demon, but as it happened both she and Rainbow heard a moan come from Elisande, which was odd since it didn't look like Xazariel had left anything in her area to torment the ruler of the Nightborne, hence why they resumed attacking the demon while also avoiding her attacks, though it was slightly hard to do that when the pair discovered that her longsword also doubled as a whip, as with a certain movement the sections of the blade unlocked and separated from each other, which allowed her to hit one of them in the leg, even if Spitfire or Rainbow avoided the original attack.

Of course Spitfire came to understand something when Rainbow delivered several slashes to their foe's side, wounds that glowed for a few seconds and disappeared as if they had been healed, and the key came from Elisande herself, because as each blow was dealt the Grand Magistrix moaned at roughly the same time, even if she was a little delayed, meaning the Sayaad had done something to her before their arrival and it appeared that wounding Xazariel was connected to what was happening to Elisande, which had to be worrying Thalyssra as she worked to free Elisande from her bindings.

"I see... you've made it so that whatever pain you feel is transferred to Elisande as a wave of pleasure," Spitfire said, as she quickly figured out what was going on with the Grand Magistrix, even though it was pretty clear based on what happened whenever someone struck Xazariel and what happened to Elisande at the same time, while at the same time it confirmed that the demon was a true succubus, as she seemed to enjoy breaking others by using pleasure and whatever methods allowed her to use that on those that either wronged her or interested her to some degree.

"Indeed. It is a spell that I call 'Pleasure through Pain', and it comes in handy when I capture someone and the rest of their group comes to save them," Xazariel replied, her tone revealing that she did approve of Spitfire figuring out was going on with Elisande in a matter of minutes, even though had originally assumed the demon should have been annoyed with this turn of events, meaning it was possible that she saw this more as a game and less of a fight, where she chuckled for a few seconds as she likely recalled one of her favorite times she used this spell, "in fact, the last group of heroes I used this on ended up condemning their female companions to an eternity of servitude in my paradise, as the pleasure caused them to fall into my grasp and corrupted their souls... it was fun turning them into Sayaad, while their former companions watched me corrupt them, before I sent the remaining heroes to another Legion world... that is the fate of those I use this spell on, and soon I'll break Elisande as well."

Spitfire frowned for a moment as they learned that information, as it meant that they couldn't actually hurt Xazariel right now, since all of the pain that was inflicted upon her would be healed in some manner and transferred to pleasure that would would wash over Elisande, likely growing in intensity until her targets broke down under her mental assault, but as she and Rainbow considered this fact Xazariel moved first as she flashed over to Rainbow's position and, instead of using her weapon to attack her chosen target, smacked Rainbow's rear, causing her to yelp as she swung her Warblade and just missed taking the demon's head. In that moment Spitfire determined that this should be a personal battle and silently had Rainbow head over to where Elisande was resting, as her Fel power should be enough to shatter the chains holding her in place, and maybe even break the spell that had been placed on her, and as that happened she channeled more of her own power into her body and rushed at Xazariel, all while making sure to toss Thalyssra her pouch with the Arcane Stone, as it might help them out as well, before swinging at the Sayaad Queen with the intent to push the demon backwards, giving all of the others time to focus on freeing the Grand Magistrix. While she might not be able to actually do any damage to her foe, not without making things worse for Elisande, the same could not be said for the demon, as Xazariel actually attacked Spitfire with the intent of killing her, meaning she had to avoid attacks, parry others, and restrain herself from lashing out at her foe, even though Spitfire was sure that the Sayaad Queen was thinking about ways to corrupt her body before she was handed over to Kil'jaeden, not to mention doing the same to several of her friends and allies for that matter, meaning Xazariel loved to corrupt her targets in both mind and body, before either adding them to her paradise or sending them to whoever reserved the soul in question. Based on what Spitfire knew she was sure that Xazariel would, if given the chance, force the lowest position a Sayaad could obtain on her, to humiliate her for slaying the succubi that she and Rainbow had encountered since being released from the Vault of the Wardens, though she was brought back to reality as Xazariel used a whip she summoned, a normal one with a blackened tip, to strike her breasts for a moment, sending a wave of pleasure though her body for a few seconds before she growled and rushed into battle once more.

As she did that Spitfire noticed that Rainbow and the others shattered the Fel chains that were keeping Elisande chained to the floor and the Fel spike, freeing her from where Xazariel had been keeping her, which amused the Sayaad Queen as she witnessed it happen, though that was when the demon frowned as something in the chamber changed not a few seconds later, as Elisande, who had returned to her Nightborne state thanks to the Arcfruit Rainbow had given her, had weaved a bit of her immense and incredible power over Spitfire's foe, slowing down her attacks and movements, before blasting her right in the chest with a burst of Arcane energy.

"Really? You slowed time for me and then attacked me? How stupid can you be?" Xazariel remarked, as she was referring to the spell she had used on Elisande earlier, meaning she was expecting the damage to be healed and transferred to the chest of the one her spell linked her to, though a few seconds ticked by before she coughed up some blood and noticed that her chest was burned from the Arcane Blast that had struck her, something that caused her to keep the frown on her face as the heroes smiled not a second later, "What did you do?!"

"I broke your spell... meaning that we don't have to worry about hurting Elisande anymore!" Rainbow replied, to which she flashed through the space between her and the Sayaad Queen, who was moving far slower than she had been when they started this battle, something that was possible thanks to Elisande's time manipulation powers, though that was followed by her cutting a pair of diagonal slashes into her foe's chest, causing her to slowly back up as she quickly realized that her advantage was gone and that nothing was stopping them from cutting her down.

Instead of doing that, however, the heroes stood near Elisande as Spitfire rushed at Xazariel, going on the offensive for the first time since she realized what sort of trap their foe had set for them, in regards to the Grand Magistrix, where she was able to swing her Twinblades and delivered a number of slashes to Xazariel's body, cutting a few into her chest, some onto her arms and legs, and even one on her neck, before she stabbed the Sayaad Queen in the chest and caused her to pause for a second, but before the demon had a chance to curse her out, or whatever was going through her head, Spitfire just pulled her warglaive out and beheaded the demon, dropping the body to the ground. Once that was done took a second to weave her magic through the air and snatched Xazariel's soul, sending it screaming into her Twinblades while making sure to separate her power, just like what happened when Rainbow absorbed the souls and power of their demonic foes in the past, though before anything else had a chance to happen Elisande raised a hand for a second and revealed that the Arcane Stone was floating above it. Not a few seconds later she connected it to the Nightwell for a couple of seconds, all to empower it with a potent fragment of Arcane energy, before cutting it off and transformed the stone into a mass of purple energy, something that she pressed into Spitfire's body and everyone watched as she absorbed it as well, just like the last two Cosmic Forces they had encountered while they were taking down those that were currently threatening Azeroth, all while the Legion was attacking them again, though all of this caused a sphere of energy to envelop Spitfire for a couple of moments. A few moments later the energy broke apart and revealed that Spitfire had changed a bit, as she now had four wings behind her, where she had a Fel green leathery bat wing above her Death wing and a shimmering purple feathered bird wing, maybe a phoenix's wing, resting below her Life wing, showing that she now had access to four of the six Cosmic Forces, which meant it was Elisande's thanks for saving her, the city, and her people, before they noticed that her body was a tad bit slimmer and sexier than what she had been like previously, likely a benefit from absorbing Xazariel's great Fel energy and adding it to her own, before Rainbow noticed that Spitfire's breasts were now a little bit bigger than her own, a tiny bit anyway, another benefit of absorbing the Sayaad Queen's soul.

Once everything was said and done Spitfire smiled and had everyone rest for a few moments, as Elisande needed time to form a portal that would take them up to where Gul'dan and the Eye of Amun'thul rested, because it was time for them to bring an end to whatever mission the orc warlock had been given and then, once they were sure the city had been freed, they could begin their preparations for a new assault on the Broken Shore and Kil'jaeden's stronghold, wherever the latter might be located.

PreviousChapters Next