• Published 4th Oct 2020
  • 1,144 Views, 305 Comments

World of Warcraft: Burning Skies - Blackdrag-rose



Spitfire and Rainbow are transported to a new world, where they join the Illidari and do everything in their power to bring down the Legion, even if it means stopping the Alliance and the Horde from destroying each other.

  • ...
49
 305
 1,144

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Artifact Recovery

Spitfire and Rainbow had questions about what they had seen in Karazhan, especially when they thought about Medivh and what he had done in the brief time they had seen in, but before either of them could actually voice any of the questions that they had, and get some answers, the first thing they noticed when they returned to Dalaran was that the Legion was in the middle of attacking the city and had a number of ships in the air, all no doubt getting ready to blast the city out of the sky, though they were pleased to see Kayn and the other demon hunters cutting the demons down.

"Interesting. Dalaran has become a focal point for the Legion's attacks," Khadgar commented, though at the same time he blasted several Felbats out of the air and dropped them to the ground with just a bit of his arcane power, while the unlucky Felguards that were nearby fell due to Spitfire and Rainbow cutting them down before they had a chance to even fight back, "which means that this city will be crucial in our campaign against the Legion... and that they're sore losers when it comes to claiming the knowledge about the Pillars of Creation. Come, we must gather the Council and prepare..."

"...to teleport to the Broken Isles." a voice finished, where another wave of magic froze several Infernals that had just landed nearby, preventing them from burning the place to the ground and allowing the demon hunters to make short work of them, before Spitfire and Rainbow found that it was Jaina, of all people, that had come to their aid, and she was focused on Khadgar at the moment, "Khadgar, the other members of the Council of Seven are waiting in the center of the city, gathering their power so that we can jump to the isles that the Tomb of Sargeras is near, and with you joining us we should be able to bypass the unnecessary blackout periods the city undergoes whenever we change locations... and yes, thanks to your new friends, we have decided that it is time to change the rules of the Council."

"Medivh mentioned that the 'bonds of fate' had been broken," Khadgar commented, which told Spitfire and Rainbow that he knew Jaina enough to mention the rather odd individual that they had seen during their brief visit to Karazhan, so they could figure out what their next steps were, even though the pair had no idea what was going on and kept their eyes on the sky, mostly to take out whatever demons tried to attack Dalaran while the mages did whatever it was that they had to be preparing right now, even though it appeared that the skies were clear for the time being, "He said that to the three of us while we were exploring Karazhan a few minutes ago, as we had been told that the key to defeating the Legion was inside the tower, and he gave us what appear to be some notes on relics we might be able to use against the demons as well, no doubt containing weapons for all the heroes that have defended Azeroth since the invasion of Outland, though I am sure he's sealing the tower so the Legion can't invade it."

"The Guardian spoke to you?!" Jaina nearly exclaimed, showing that Medivh must have been an important individual to the people of this world, or at least that was what Spitfire had to assume, before Jaina regained herself and took a few seconds to think about that as they stepped into the central area of the city, where the other five members of the Council happened to be located, gathering their magic for what they were about to do, "We will discuss this later. For now we need to focus on moving Dalaran to the Broken Isles and making sure the heroes of Azeroth have everything they might need for the battles that are ahead of them, as something tells me it will take a day or two for all of the relics to be recovered and delivered to the hero that can use it to its fullest. Also, when we arrive at the Broken Isles, the two of us will need to call upon Alodi's spirit and see if what little information we have on our objective is correct, though hopefully he has an idea on where we might start looking."

Spitfire and Rainbow, once again, said nothing as their allies talked to each other, as this mostly gave them what they needed to know about a certain situation and they didn't have to interrupt what was going on with their lack of knowledge on a subject, though as they watched the seven mages gather their energies into an orb in the middle of the chamber it was easy to spot a number of lesser mages running around with crystals. As it turned out there were anomalies that they needed to take care of first, that way they would be able to blink a city over to where the Broken Isles were located, or at least that was the terminology one of the lesser mages used when describing what was going on to the pair, so they left the mages alone and focused on killing any demons that might still be in the city, even though there were a low number despite the fact that there were a bunch of ships nearby. Once they were sure that all of the demons had been cleared out they felt the magic in the air gather as Khadgar, his voice amplified by magic, informed the citizens that they were going to be moving the city again and that they had found the key to the Legion's downfall, where it was clear that he wasn't saying anything about where they were going and what they were looking for because of the demon ships that were nearby, that way he could deprive the Legion some information, even though it wouldn't be long before the Legion discovered where Dalaran had been moved to and followed them to the Broken Isles. The moment he stopped speaking the city started to shimmer as the Arcane energies washed over Dalaran, forming what appeared to be a barrier of some kind between them and the approaching ships, something that destroyed all of the Legion vessels without wasting a single second, before the world disappeared around them and they closed their eyes to wait for the magic to stop.

A few moments later, when they were sure the magic had died down, they opened their eyes and took to the skies for a couple of seconds, which was when the two of them discovered that Dalaran was now resting near a large island that seemed to be made up of at least four or five provinces, not counting the area that the Tomb of Sargeras was located on, meaning they had reached the Broken Isles and quickly landed to tell Khadgar the news, even though they were sure that he and the other mages knew that they had arrived at their destination.

"Well, that was exciting," a voice said, where they found that Khadgar had moved out to find them the moment he and the other mages had stopped channeling their spell, though he did seem winded from the ordeal and would likely need to spend some time resting before he was able to use his more powerful spells again, and he seemed to be holding onto the papers they had been given during their time in Karazhan, "Medivh gave us a number of relics that we can pursue for our fight with the Legion... hm, Apocalypse, the Scythe of Elune, Aluneth, Felo'melorn, and a number of others to pick from... and Frostmourne? Odd, that weapon was shattered during the fight with the Lich King several years ago, so why would it be listed among the artifacts we could acquire?"

"Highlord Darion believed that Frostmourne was created by the Legion, or the Dreadlords to be exact." a voice stated, though that was when Spitfire and Rainbow found that someone else had been in Dalaran before it was teleported to the Broken Isles, as the orc death knight known as Zuleth stood near the area they were standing in, though he seemed to be focused on what they were talking about at the moment, even though it was clear that he was ready to use his wicked looking axe on their enemies, "I do not know the specifics, but it seems like whoever told you that the runeblade could be used against the Legion is expecting someone to acquire the fragments and reforge them, which might be possible since the Illidari are on our side now... even if some would be surprised to see the weapon again, after all these years, and there are a number that would dread seeing it again."

"Some of these artifacts will do that as well, but it seems that we have no choice if we wish to repel the Legion and save Azeroth," Khadgar replied, to which he pulled out some of the papers and handed them over to Zuleth, who took the pages and glanced at them for a few seconds, mostly to look over what sort of weapons he and the other death knights would be gathering in the near future, before he turned towards Spitfire and Rainbow again, "I don't see any mentions of a pair of warglaives, so it appears that Medivh either has no clues for you to work with or he knows that you'll figure it out on your own, where the latter is the most likely scenario... so I guess you'll have to find your allies and see if they have any information on some artifacts that you can use against the Legion."

"Lady Spitfire!" a familiar voice said, where Spitfire and Rainbow turned and spotted Kor'vas coming their way, which meant that she must have recovered from the city being teleported to the Broken Shores and wanted to tell them about something the rest of the Illidari must have discovered, "Kayn and Altruis, despite their differences, have done what you asked and are waiting for you two at Krasus' Landing."

Spitfire and Rainbow quickly bid Khadgar, and Zuleth for that matter, farewell and headed towards the circular area that served as the point where the Flight Master, someone who rented out griffins to those that needed to fly somewhere, as the creatures were taught to fly to certain points and then return once they delivered their passengers, but it didn't take them long to find Kayn, Altruis, and a few other demon hunters standing near the ruined wall that would allow them to glide to the camp they had set up earlier.

"Lady Spitfire, Rainbow Dash, we have good news," Kayn stated, where Altruis nodded his head in agreement, to show that they had reached an agreement on whatever they had been talking about earlier, before the city had been assaulted by the demons, before he picked up two pieces of paper and handed them over to Spitfire, "We have discovered two other pairs of blades that are rumored to be even stronger than Lord Illidan's weapons, the still missing Twin Blades of Azzinoth, and we have it on good authority that they are still within our reach, though one pair is known as the Twinblades of the Deceiver, no doubt empowered by Kil'jaeden himself, and the other is known as the Aldrachi Warblades, apparently used by a race of warriors that wouldn't bend to the Legion and took the might of Sargeras himself to kill their King, who he took the weapons from and gave to one of his commanders, Kil'jaeden, who gifted it to someone else. Based on what we have determined the Twinblades are held by Varedis Felsoul and the Warblades are held by Caria Felsoul, though to find either of them we'll need to devise a plan before they escape to whatever realm they've been hiding in."

"Wait, Varedis and Caria joined the Legion?!" Rainbow remarked, as she knew that a number of Illidari had stayed in the Black Temple to assist the defenses, at the order of their Lord, and both of the demon hunters had stayed behind to repel the invaders, though this was the first time they heard about what might have happened during the attack, meaning the pair had likely died during the attack and Kil'jaeden tormented them into joining the Legion.

"Yes, and they now possess weapons of power that we can use against the Legion," Altruis stated, though while he didn't much care for either of the fallen demon hunters, as they were both arrogant with the amount of power they had and that likely drew the attention of the Legion, even if those were his thoughts on the matter, he did know that this gave them a chance to take the weapons and turn them on the demons, hence why he and Kayn decided to call the pair over and tell them their findings on the matter, "The problem is locating them, as we have only reports on where both of them might be located and nothing solid, but we believe that Archmage Khadgar might be able to help, as he reportedly brought in an Eredar for questioning a few days ago and he might have something we need, a power source for one of Jace's toys, to locate Caria."

Spitfire and Rainbow looked at the papers that they had been given, as both of them bared sketches as to what the weapons might look like and from what the pair could tell the Twinblades were just like the other warglaives they and the other demon hunters used, only they were empowered by Kil'jaeden, while the Warblades looked like they were half the total length of a warglaive, as in cut in half and held like a tonfa, which was rather interesting when the pair considered what they were used to.

"You know, the Warblades look like they're more my style," Rainbow remarked, though she drew her weapons for a moment and stared at them, no doubt imagining how she would have to change up her fighting style if she got her hands on the pair of blades that she was referring to, where Kayn and Altruis said nothing as they waited for the pair to come to a decision on the matter, "What do you think, Spitfire?"

"I think we need to talk with Khadgar... again." Spitfire stated, as it would have been nice to know that Khadgar had captured an Eredar that might be able to give them the location of a weapon of power that would tear the Legion down, instead of only just now discovering what the mage had been up to since the last time they saw him, before she sighed and put the papers away as she turned to head back to the area they had seen Khadgar in, "We'll ask him about the Eredar he captured and if he might have something we can use to power Jace's communicator, though we should tackle both of our former comrades at the same time, that way neither of them can escape to the worlds they've been hiding in, then we can turn our attention to the Pillars of Creation."

The plan was rather simple, she was going to go after Varedis and the Twinblades while Rainbow went after Caria and the Warblades, where each of them would have to fight their way to the area that their target was in, no doubt duel them for a time, and then claim the artifacts in question and get out of the area after making sure their foes were dead, so they could regroup in Dalaran and figure out what their next move was. As such the two of them bid their allies farewell and started to head back to the tower that the Council of Seven would be located in, since that was where they had found the powerful mages earlier, but stopped when they discovered that Khadgar was in the middle of a crowd of heroes, from both factions no less, and was handing over the rest of the papers he had been given, allowing the various classes to get together and determine who was the strongest among them, that way they sent the right people after the various artifacts Medivh had pointed out to them. Based on what Spitfire had seen during the Legion's attempts at invading the six lands they had picked out, and the heroes had beaten them back, she suspected that even if Zuleth was chosen to go after one of the death knight artifacts he would likely decline the quest entirely, as his battleaxe, Shadowmourne, was a powerful weapon that rivaled the strength of Frostmourne, a weapon that might have been made by the Legion a long time ago, a tale she wasn't sure if it was true or not, but the battleaxe was a fearsome weapon and she was sure that the demons cowered when he stepped up to fight them. Both she and Rainbow knew that the heroes they had worked with were the best Azeroth had to offer, and a number of them would be granted the ability to use weapons of power to save their world from the Legion, so they said nothing as Khadgar handed out the papers and the classes went their separate ways, likely to find ways to acquire the weapons in question, before turning to face them again.

"Lady Spitfire, Rainbow Dash, I was not expecting to see you again, so soon after our last encounter," Khadgar said, as he was surprised that they had come to him once more, even thought this time he had nothing to offer them, though at the same time he had the feeling that he would soon know why they were here and what he could do to assist them in finding weapons to use against the Legion, if his thoughts were correct, "What can I do for you?"

"I need to speak with the Eredar you captured earlier," Spitfire replied, revealing the reason behind why they were standing in front of Khadgar again, though at the same time she made sure to gesture to Rainbow for a moment, to make sure he realized that they were going after two different artifacts and that they both needed his assistance, "it holds some information I need, in regards to where an artifact we can use is located, while Rainbow needs to borrow a power source, a demonic one to be exact, so we can power one of Jace's communication devices and find out where a second artifact might be resting."

Khadgar considered the information and their request for a moment, even though he wasn't surprised that someone had told them about the Eredar he had captured a few days ago, before he lead them over to the Violet Hold, the prison that contained some of the foulest creatures in the world, or at least some of the most dangerous, and spoke to the Head Warden for a few seconds, arranging for Spitfire and Kayn, who was standing nearby, to head inside the prison so Spitfire could get the information she needed, even if the rest of the guards would be behind safety when she did that. As she and Kayn headed inside the Violet Hold, however, Spitfire noticed that Rainbow as being taken to where the Council had been gathered earlier and knew that was where she would find the Fel power source Khadgar had brought with him, before she turned her attention to the inside of the prison as they entered it, finding a number of cells, of different sizes since some were as tall as a human and some were far taller and wider. It didn't take her long to spot the Eredar in question, as he was positioned in the center of the highest point of the prison, up some stairs that were directly in front of her, but the part about this that was amusing was that she realized who Khadgar had caught, Kaldrath the Destroyer, an Eredar that took great pleasure in wiping out cities and settlements across the worlds that he assaulted, according to their information on him anyway, which was why she drew her warglaives as the Head Warden undid the sealing spell and retreated as the cell Kaldrath was imprisoned in was undone, where Kayn stood guard over the entrance, just in case the demon managed to overpower her or something. For a few seconds the demon did nothing, giving Spitfire a moment to determine how she was going to go about this battle, before Kaldrath noticed that the way was open and marched out to find that she was waiting for him, to which he jumped down into the area she was standing in and swung his clawed hands at her, to which she defended herself by parrying the incoming attacks.

As it turned out Kaldrath knew about her, just like she suspected the rest of the Legion knew about her and Rainbow, since they knew about the Illidari at this point in time, but that didn't stop her from annoying the Eredar as he tried to take her down without even using his magic, which she knew he had, and he kept bragging about how Varedis, his 'master' as it turned out, wielded power far beyond what Spitfire possessed and even revealed the piece of information that they were after, that Varedis was in Suramar, one of the provinces of the Broken Isles based on what Kayn said, to which Spitfire did the sensible thing and cut Kaldrath down, taking his soul so he wouldn't be able to report this to his boss.

"Arrogant demon should have kept his mouth shut," Spitfire remarked, to which she banished her warglaives as soon as the Eredar's body collapsed on the floor and headed for the doorway so she could leave the Violet Hold, though she was thankful that Kaldrath was as arrogant as he was, because without him saying those lines they would have no idea where Varedis was hiding, but now they knew and she stretched her wings for a moment, "Kayn, I'm going to fly into the part of Suramar that our former comrade is in, alone I might add, and see if I can't find the Twinblades and their owner, but I want you and the others to help Rainbow figure out where Caria and the Warblades are... and maybe keep working on figuring out how to communicate with the rest of our missing forces."

She was speaking of the rest of the Illidari that they had left in Mardum, since they had left behind the Captains during their test of the Keystone's powers and had been captured by the Wardens upon arriving and finding out that they were taking Lord Illidan's body away, though Kayn nodded his head as they walked outside, informing her that he understood her orders, and returned to the temporary camp they had set up. From there she and the others could actually see part of Suramar from where Dalaran was located, as it was a massive city that was on the province of the Broken Isles that was directly in front of where the city was located, so it would take a few minutes to fly down there and see if she could find out where Varedis was hiding, though it shouldn't be hard since there was an entire portion of the left side of the land that was corrupted by the Fel. Since there was a Legion ship there and everything, as in a number of structures that were in the middle of tainting the rest of the surrounding land, it seemed like the sensible place to start and she wanted to make sure that the rest of the demon hunters knew that she was tackling this alone, as she didn't want anyone else rushing in and dying when going in alone seemed to be the best course of action, especially since they had no idea what was down there and she could be flying into a trap, hence why she wanted the others to stay safe and help Rainbow out. As soon as her forces understood what she wanted of them, and that they would be helping Rainbow out when she returned with the demonic power source, Spitfire took to the skies and flew towards the corrupted part of Suramar, knowing that Varedis had to be expecting someone to be coming after him due to Kaldrath being captured and that she would have to work a little to reach her target.

As it turned out her thoughts on the matter were correct, as Varedis had set up a few thin towers around the area that he was hiding in, which powered a barrier that covered the area she was sure he was hiding in, and that wasn't counting all of the other structures and the few gateways that had been positioned around the corrupted area, showing Spitfire that he and his allies were certainly ready for guests. Not even a few moments later she was spotted by a number of demons who rushed to power the couple of massive siege cannons the Legion used in battle, along with about five Doomguards taking to the air to intercept her, though she wasted no time in summoning her warglaives as she flew through the air, her blades cutting into the demons that were in her way as she avoided cutting into her wings, something that was incredibly easy for her to do thanks to her training, before she gathered their souls and Fel energy as she rushed right into one of the cannons and tore it to pieces. Once she was on the ground she banished her wings once more and assaulted the demons that were guarding the ramp that would allow her to get deeper into the territory that Varedis was hiding in, where she swung her warglaives at any demon that got close to her, felling Eredar, Wrathguards, Felstalkers, and a pair of Mo'arg, who were summoned when two Eredar sacrificed themselves to briefly power a gateway that was resting nearby, though both of them fell rather quickly as Spitfire cut through their chests and dropped them to the ground, allowing her to focus on the other enemies and the three wards that were scattered throughout the area. In fact, once the two Mo'arg were taken care of, she gathered her power for a moment and blasted apart the first ward tower that was near the gateway the pair of demons had come from, allowing her to rush over the stone bridge, if it could be called that, and entered the area that the second tower was located in, where she found a Fel Lord waiting near the structure.

Spitfire found that the Fel Lord was definitely stronger than the other demons and was worth the couple of minutes she ended up spending as she fought it, dodging or parrying the melee attacks, avoiding any of the magical based ones, and cutting into the demon's body whenever an opening presented itself to her, allowing her to topple the demon in due time and opened the way for her to break the second tower. Once that was done she walked down the path that was to the right of where the stone bridge was located and jumped out of the way as an Infernal was dropped in the middle of her path, a demon that barely had a chance to defend itself as she cut it down and added its soul to the number she was collecting from this trip, even though her focus was on her target and the weapon he carried. Varedis was definitely here, how she knew that was because she had heard his tainted demonic voice from afar after the second tower fell, and he did mention her by name, revealing that he realized she was invading his domain, but that didn't bother her as she cut her way through the rest of the Eredar and reached the area that the final tower was located in, where she spotted a demonic blood elf standing on the other side of a Fel river, meaning Varedis had been empowered by the same ritual, or something like it, that matched what she and the others went through back in Mardum, even if she and Rainbow were more unique than the rest of their allies. She did, however, have to stop for an Overfiend that Varedis and his Eredar had summoned as the second tower crumpled, where she used her warglaives to parry the incoming attacks and dealt some in return, where she found that the demon was slightly stronger than the one that was in the Vault of the Wardens, even if the demon the Wardens had captured had been weakened from his imprisonment, but in the end she somehow managed to avoid all of the flames and bring down the Overfiend, allowing her to break the final tower.

That was when she turned towards the area that Varedis was in and he grinned for a moment, as if pleased by what she had done and was happy to have such a powerful foe be his next target, before he backed off to an area that a portal was resting in, which was followed by Spitfire leaping over it, landing on the ground, and then rushed at Varedis, who used his Twinblades to parry her attack.

"As you know, I was once one of the Illidari... left for dead at the Black Temple," Varedis stated, where he swung his arm for a moment and pushed Spitfire backwards, showing her that he was definitely stronger than her in his new form, despite the fact that she hadn't tapped into her true power yet, before he smirked and readied himself, "but now, after all the betrayal I have suffered at the hands of my former allies, I will use the power my new Master has given me to wipe you and the rest of the Illidari out, then Kil'jaeden can corrupt your souls and turn you into our weapons!"

"Good luck with that, because I won't be so easily beaten." Spitfire remarked, though as she said that she jumped a tiny bit backwards and focused her mind for a moment, because when she jumped back into the battle she shifted into her empowered form and landed in front of Varedis, where the two of them lashed out at each other and their first couple of attacks seemed to be on par with each other.

At first the battle seemed to be equal, where anyone could see that Spitfire and Varedis commanded the same level of power their their transformed states, but that was soon followed by the battle shifting in favor of one of them, as in it started to shift in Spitfire's favor, because while Varedis was able to parry her attacks he was discovering that it was slowly getting harder and harder to deny her any sort of victory. In a matter of seconds Spitfire forced her former instructor on the defensive as she lashed out with her warglaives, causing him to growl in annoyance as he declared that she shouldn't get in over her head and that he would show her the power of the 'demon within', even though it was obvious that his power was failing in light of what she was capable of, which would annoy Kil'jaeden, something she happened to be totally fine with. From there she eventually broke through his defenses and started to cut into his chest and arms, demonstrating the fact that she was definitely stronger than Varedis was and that she wasn't backing down, even if that made him angry at what was happening, though his rage did blind him for a moment as Spitfire parried one of his desperate attacks and then, by sending a warglaive away for a few seconds, used her flames to blast him in the chest, before lashing out with both of her weapons again. Spitfire also discovered that her foe might have become a little insane since she last saw him, as he claimed that he was a god that that there was nothing she could do to stop him, and she even heard the voice of who she assumed was Kil'jaeden telling Varedis not to fail in his mission, even though it ended with Spitfire cutting into her foe's hands, near the Twinblades, and caused him to drop his weapons on the ground.

With that done Spitfire placed herself between Varedis and the Twinblades of the Deceiver, mostly to stop him from arming himself once more, and prepared to put him down where he stood, even though the portal that was behind where Varedis was standing flared to life, like Kil'jaeden wanted to save his minion so he could use him again in the future, even if that annoyed the former demon hunter more than he was willing to admit.

"I have no need for mortal armaments... and I will return to destroy you and the rest of the Illidari," Varedis said, as if he was the one that had been winning the fight and was pulling out so he could allow her to grow into a worthy foe, even though it was clear that he had no chance of winning against her and that Spitfire would be the one to take him down the next time they encountered each other, before he turned around and disappeared into the portal, which closed up behind him, preventing Spitfire from following after him.

In the end she shrugged and walked over to where the Twinblades rested, where she stared at the silver coloration of the blades as she noticed that the handle area had a faint blue Fel-like aura around them, though she could feel the power that was inside the blades as she placed her warglaives on the ground and claimed her prize, switching to a stronger pair of weapons before sealing them inside her horns, before taking off with her former weapons, to be given to one of the other demon hunters, as she wondered how Rainbow was doing.


Rainbow found that Khadgar did have something for Jace to use to power his communicator and that she was more than welcome to take it, as long as they didn't blow up part of Dalaran in the process, so she took the demonic power source from the chest he had stored it inside and headed back to the area that Jace and the others were waiting in, since they were waiting for Spitfire to return with the Twinblades.

"Here, this is what Khadgar had to offer us," Rainbow commented, handing over the Fel crystal that she was carrying at the moment and let Jace take it, who would no doubt make sure it was everything he needed to power the device that he had been working on since they arrived in Dalaran, though she remained silent after that, as she didn't want to be a distraction for Jace since this would require his upmost concentration so he wouldn't blow them up.

"Good, this should be enough to reestablish our connection to Allari and her group," Jace replied, referring to the fact that Kayn and Altruis, at Kor'vas' orders, had sent out a few of their forces to find Caria and the Warblades that she had been given, and if they had something to report it would give Rainbow an idea on where she needed to go next, allowing him and the others to wait for her and Spitfire to return.

An image of Allari appeared on the communicator not a few moments later, where they were able to determine that she and her small group had apparently found the area that Caria was in, though the message was garbled due to some sort of interference and it appeared that their target was located somewhere on the Broken Shore, the same place that the Alliance and Horde lost a number of their soldiers and the individual that was leading them at the time, before the link was broken not a few seconds later.

"At the very least we have their position," Kayn stated, as he had been watching what they had been doing and could figure out where on the Broken Shore Allari and the others were located, hence the reason he marked something on the map he was holding and gave it to Rainbow, who studied the map in question for a few seconds, "You should do what Lady Spitfire decided to do, head in on your own, assault the demons that you find there, and take the weapons from the one that is currently holding them, and assist our allies in the process."

Rainbow nodded and took off the moment she understood where she was going, though instead of heading towards the land of Suramar, like Spitfire had done, she headed for the small island that the Tomb of Sargeras was positioned on, which was the Broken Shore, though her target was near the edge of the island and it was painfully easy to spot it as she flew through the air, because not a few minutes into her flight she noticed an area that was littered with the bodies of fallen demons, and it wasn't the paths that the Alliance and Horde used earlier. By corpses she meant a few Mo'arg, a number of Felguards, and a few Infernals, before she found Allari chained down in some ruins that were nearby, to which she smashed the chains and freed her ally from her bindings, though fortunately it appeared Kayn and the others knew that she might find someone and sent a few Felbats to serve as the way for Allari and the others to safely return. That was when a few of the remaining demon hunters moved out of the area they had been guarding, which seemed to be a larger part of the ruins that she hadn't looked at earlier, but Rainbow flashed over to where they were fighting and cut down the Felguards that were coming at them, allowing the weakened demon hunters to flee from the area and return to Dalaran so they could regroup with the others. There was a Doomguard protecting the portal the demons were coming from and she engaged it without wasting any time, cutting into it as she loosed her eye beams on it and the demons that were right behind it, all while smashing the portal as well, cutting down on the number of demons as she used her warglaives to cut down the rest of them, all while hearing Caria's demonic voice taunting her, to which she rolled her eyes as she cleaved the Doomguard in half and continued to move through the area.

After that she smashed through another portal and found an area where there were a few dead demon hunters that looked like their souls had been ripped out of their bodies, no doubt taken to one of the Legion worlds to torment until they succumbed to the Legion's will, before she landed in an area that two Eredar, one male and one female, happened to be standing in, where she took the female's head off before they could even lash out at her. The second Eredar fared no better than the first one did, allowing Rainbow to avoid the magic that it was trying to us against her, mostly blasts and an occasional fireball, before she cut it down and glanced around the area as she looked for the path that would take her to where Caria was hiding, only to stop when a Pit Lord rose out of the nearby mass of Fel lava and roared at her, like it was going to attack and bring her down. Instead of playing around and seeing how skilled the demon was, like she might have done if she really wanted to, Rainbow flew up to where the demon's head was located and buried her warglaives inside it, before she pulled back as the demon detonated and she took its soul for herself, adding a bit of power to what she already had, even if the demon only gave her a small boost, before she resumed looking for her target. It was a few seconds later that she tapped into her spectral sight and discovered a few Felguards standing behind what appeared to be a tunnel that had caved in at one point, to which she loosed her eye beams at the rocks and blew them up, revealing the passage while causing the Felguards to flee as the rocks fell, where they mentioned that the 'temple' had been breached and that they needed to guard the Warblades, though that didn't stop her from following them and cutting them down as she followed the passage she had revealed.

It wasn't long before Rainbow found Caria, a night elf that was twisted into a more spikier version of the empowered form the other demon hunters used, at the end of the passage and watched as she retreated into the underground area, a temple, that was right behind her, to which she rushed forward and shifted into her empowered form as she collided with her target and knocked her to the ground. What surprised Rainbow was that Caria rushed over to what appeared to be an area she had set up for a ritual or something and gathered the power her minions had set up ahead of time, either to give her some additional power or to open a portal to Argus, though she didn't waste any time in lashing out at her foe's rather glaring weakness, the fact that she exposed herself and didn't have any defenses. That allowed her to score several attacks in rapid succession, where she cut into Caria's arms, legs, and her chest, before the corrupted demon hunter even had a chance to stop what she was doing and defend herself, even though she apparently had time to declare that her power was absolute and that soon she would rule all of Azeroth, showing Rainbow that her mind must have been broken by the demons that she had allied with so long ago. It wasn't long before Caria even considered dropping the ritual so she could defend herself, but by the time she did that Rainbow had done enough damage to her body, enough to cripple anyone else and leave them weakened, to which she jumped away and used the power of the Warblades to try and tear Rainbow's soul out of her body, either to take it for herself or to give it to her master, but that was only followed by her being struck in the chest as Rainbow collided with her, causing the Warblades to fall out of her hands.

As soon as that happened Rainbow banished her warglaives and collected the Warblades, finding that they were like bladed tonfa, exactly like the sketch she had seen earlier, and her first action was to cut Caria down where she stood, but as that happened the demon's soul was pulled to safety by Kil'jaeden's power, even though she managed to cleave part of it off and take it for herself, before she sighed and departed from the area, as it was time to report the good news to Spitfire and see what else they needed to do before they started looking for the Pillars of Creation.

PreviousChapters Next