• Published 7th Jun 2019
  • 1,036 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: The Meltdown - Dinopony2580



It's been a few months since Equestria's first Ice Age and since the glacier almost destroyed Ponyville and everything's going good. It's spring now and Winter Wrap Up time. But, that means the glacier's melting too.

  • ...
 3
 1,036

The Search; The Flood is Unleashed

Back at the glacier, 2 ice towers collapsed, now only there was only thin layer of glacier between Equestria and the flood.

Time was running out and it could burst anytime now.


Meanwhile, Twilight, Rainbow, and Pinkie arrived at the top of the mountain. Pinkie was exhausted because she had to walk all the way up.

When they arrived, they immediately saw Ponyville's group and the search began. Pinkie found Maud and Gummy. "Maud" Pinkie said. "Pinkie" Maud replied.

They hugged again. "Have you seen Rarity, Applejack, Spike, or Fluttershy?" Pinkie asked. "Sorry, no" Maud replied. Pinkie frowned and moved on.

Rainbow found the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "Cutie Mark Crusaders" Rainbow said. "Hi Rainbow Dash, what's up?" Scootaloo asked.

"Applebloom. Sweetibelle. Have you seen you're sisters?" Rainbow asked. "Sorry, no" Applebloom said. "I thought they were with you?" Sweetiebelle asked.

"Well...they decided to...go around the geysers" Rainbow said nervously. "They what!?" Sweetiebelle and Applebloom said at the same time.

"Were coming with you to find them" Sweetiebelle said. "Yes" Applebloom said.

"Awesome! Definitely, needed the extra help" Rainbow said and they continued searching. Twilight scanned over all the ponies, trying to find them.

Then, she was interrupted by Princess Celestia. "Twilight!" Celestia said. "Princess Celestia!?" Twilight said shocked. "I'm so happy you made it safely" Celestia said.

They then engaged in a hug. "Where are your friends?" Twilight grew nervous. "They're...on the boat" Twilight said. "That's good" Celestia said.

"Sister, we still need to help the rest of the ponies" Luna interrupted. "I sense the flood will happen soon." Celestia nodded and Luna flew off.

"I'll talk with you later. I've got to get that done" Celestia said. "I understand" Twilight replied and Princess Celestia flew off. Twilight sighed.

Then, Discord popped next to Twilight. "There's something wrong, isn't there?" Discord asked. Twilight jumped.

"Don't sneak up on me like that, Discord" Twilight said fiercely. "What's the problem? Did something bad happen?" Discord asked.

Twilight was getting irritated, "Don't worry about it, Discord." "Come on, you can tell me. I thought we were friends?" Discord asked. Twilight sighed.

"Promise not to freak out" Twilight said. Discord crossed his heart. "Fluttershy's gone" Twilight said. Discord bent in closer and surrounded Twilight.

"Where is she?" He said fiercely. "You promised not to freak out" Twilight said. "You know how I am when it comes to Fluttershy" Discord said.

Twilight face hoofed her head. "Alright, will you at least help me find her?" Twilight asked.

Discord saluted her and snapped in a pair of binoculars and they began to search for her. Then, there was a gurgling and a cracking. Everypony came on alert.

Some had a nervous expression on their faces, while some gasped in surprise.


Back at the glacier, a cracking was heard. The ice on the glacier began to move forward.

A gurgling was heard and a huge blast of water blasted from the glacier, then another one, and another one.

Finally, the glacier gave way and the thin wall of ice blocking the water collapsed and a huge wall of water came out from the glacier.

The flood has been unleashed.


Twilight and the others were still looking for Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Spike. They all met back up. "I don't see them anywhere" Rainbow said.

"Maybe they're already on board" Pinkie said. "Very unlikely" Twilight said. Then, the ground shook. Everypony trembled from the tremor-like earthquake.

It was enough to break off rocks and cause cliffs to fall. Everypony screamed and now started running.

They immediately knew that meant the flood has been unleashed. Twilight and Rainbow Dash helped escort the ponies onto the boat.


Meanwhile, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy were hurrying to get to the boat. "There it is!" Applejack said. They trembled from the earthquake.

Then, a huge piece of rock fell down. Applejack saw it. "Duck!" Applejack shouted. She covered Rarity and helped her to duck.

Fluttershy immediately ducked and she covered her eyes. The rock piece got caught in between the two other rocks on their lefts and rights.

Spike was right behind them. He was running as fast as he could to catch up with them. Then, they looked back. Two more rocks blocked them from behind.

Fluttershy screamed. "Come on, girls! Run!" Applejack shouted. They ran forward as fast as they could. When Spike got to the back entrance, it was blocked.

He immediately ran around to the other side. As soon as they got to the front entrance, another huge rock came down and blocked their exit.

Applejack immediately started bucking it, Rarity used her magic, and Fluttershy pushed it, but the rock wouldn't budge.

"Shoot" Applejack said, "I should have listened to Twilight." Rarity comforted her, "We all make mistakes, darling."

Then, Fluttershy noticed a hole in the top right corner of the rock. She then pulled out Angel, who was sleeping in her hair.

"Angel, could you help us?" Fluttershy asked him. Angel then woke up and yawned. He rubbed his eyes and nodded. Fluttershy flew up to the hole.

"I need you to go tell Twilight where we are and hurry!" Fluttershy said. Angel saluted to her and hopped out.

Just as Angel hopped out, Spike came running around the corner. "Angel?" Spike said. Angel looked and was so happy to see Spike.

Then, Spike looked at where he came from. "Rarity!" he shouted. "Spike!?" Rarity shouted back. "Are you guys, okay?" Spike asked.

"Yes, we are. Spike, go tell Twilight where we are!" Applejack shouted, "Hurry!" Spike nodded. "Come on, Angel" Spike said.

Angel nodded and he hopped on Spike's head. Then, Spike ran as fast as he could to save his friends.