• Published 7th Jun 2019
  • 1,036 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: The Meltdown - Dinopony2580



It's been a few months since Equestria's first Ice Age and since the glacier almost destroyed Ponyville and everything's going good. It's spring now and Winter Wrap Up time. But, that means the glacier's melting too.

  • ...
 3
 1,036

Reunion; Friend Troubles

Twilight and her friends continued on. They finally reached a hill. Rainbow flew to the top and when she got there, she was speechless.

"What do you see?" Twilight asked her while she climbed up. When she got there and was next to Rainbow, she was shocked and speechless at the same time.

The others were too when they were next to Twilight and Rainbow. About a mile ahead was a mountainous, rock formation and on top, the log boat.

"The princesses were right" Twilight said to herself shocked, yet happy and excited. "We...DID IT!" Rainbow shouted. The others joined her in a cheer.

"I can't believe we made it!" Applejack said. "Me either" Rarity replied. Then, Twilight noticed a group of ponies that looked familiar at the bottom of the hill.

"Are those...Ponyville's ponies?" Rainbow asked.

"IT IS!" Twilight screamed in excitement and, immediately, Twilight ran down the hill at them with her friends right behind her.


Starlight, Spike, and Ponyville's citizens were fascinated by the log boat and the rock formation. "We made it" Spike said. "I know" Starlight replied.

"We did it!" a pony shouted. Everypony joined him with a cheer. Starlight joined in, but Spike cheered for only a bit. He then grew sad and frowned.

Starlight immediately noticed it. "What's wrong, Spike?" Starlight asked. "Twilight and the others aren't here" he said sadly.

He shed a tear and Starlight comforted him. "Spike!" a voice shouted. Spike immediately perked up. He climbed on top of Starlight and scanned the area.

He finally saw Twilight and the Mane 6 running down the hill. "Twilight!" Spike shouted back. He hopped off of Starlight and ran to Twilight.

When they finally met, they immediately engaged in a hug. "I thought you'd never make it" Spike said. "I promised, didn't I?" Twilight replied. They're hug tightened.

Applejack was greeted with a hug from Applebloom, Big Mac, and Granny Smith. Rarity was greeted with a hug from Sweetiebelle.

Rainbow was greeted with a hug from Scootaloo. Pinkie looked around and then heard her name. "Pinkie!" a voice said.

Pinkie finally saw Maud walking out of the group with Gummy on her head. "Maud! Gummy!" Pinkie shouted.

She ran over and hugged Maud and Gummy hopped on Pinkie's head and licked her. Pinkie giggled, "Oh, I missed you too, Gummy."

She took Gummy off her head and gave him a big hug. "Pinkie, where were you. I've been looking all over for you!" Maud said to Pinkie.

"Oh, I went to eat a plant that smelled like syrup" Pinkie replied. "Well, at least you're okay" Maud said. "How'd you know I was gone?" Pinkie asked.

"Boulder sensed that you were gone" Maud said. Maud and Pinkie engaged in another hug. Fluttershy looked around for Angel, and finally found him.

She scooped him up and gave him a big hug. Angel nudged her in the nose. "Aw, I missed you too, Angel Bunny" Fluttershy said.

Then, a flash appeared and Discord appeared. "Discord!? What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked surprised.

"The princesses told me what was going to happen, which I had no idea about, by the way, and so, I took care of your animals for you" Discord responded.

"Oh, thank you very much. What'd you do with them?" Fluttershy asked. "Relax, I put them on the boat" Discord replied.

Fluttershy smiled, "Thank you so much, Discord."

"Aw, it was nothing. By the way, the flood will be hydro-chaotic" Discord said before bursting into laughter and Fluttershy laughed with him.

"Good one, Discord" Fluttershy giggled. Then, an alarm clock went off and he pulled it out.

"Oh, would you look at that. Sorry, Fluttershy. I would love to stay and chat but I got to get back with the princesses" Discord said.

"I understand. I'm glad to see you're here" Fluttershy said happily. "I'm at least glad you're safe" Discord said.

They waved to each other and then, Discord snapped his fingers and flashed out of appearance. Fluttershy then went back to the others.

Then, all of a sudden, everyone's moments were ruined when they heard a gurgling sound. They knew that that was the glacier.

Twilight snapped back into doing the task at hand. She picked up Spike and placed him on her back. She flew up in the air.

"Alright, listen up everypony. We need to continue on. We're still not safe yet. The boat is still a mile away. So, let's move!" Twilight said.

Everypony agreed and now the only thing between them and the boat was the mile long plain. Pinkie stepped out onto the plain.

She was about to cross but then, an explosion stopped her. She yelped as a geyser burst up from the ground. Everypony gasped.

It was a geyser field! More geysers exploded, which stopped everypony from crossing. "Come on, everypony. We have to go through. It's the only way" Twilight said.

Then, everypony realized, it was now or never. Then, they burst forward in a stampede. "Follow me, everypony" Starlight said running to the front of the group.

Everypony soon reached the other side, except the Mane 6 and Spike. Twilight made sure that everypony was on the other side before she rejoined the others.

"Alright come on, girls" Twilight said. She walked forward, but then a geyser burst in front of her and she yelped.

"Twilight, get back, it's a mine field out there" Rainbow said. "There's only one way, straight through" Twilight said.

"I'd rather not get fried by a geyser. Let's go around. It's way safer then this" Applejack suggested.

"No, the glacier will burst before hand and we'll drown" Twilight said. "If we go through here, we'll get blown to bits" Applejack replied.

"We go forward!" Twilight said. "We go back!" Applejack replied. "Forward!" Twilight said louder. "Back!" Applejack replied louder. "Forward!" Twilight shouted.

"I'm going back and that's final!" Applejack shouted back. Twilight was shocked. "Anyone who wants to join me can come!" Applejack said.

"I'll join" Rarity said immediately. Spike was also shocked. "Fluttershy, come on darling" Rarity said and Fluttershy joined them. They immediately left to go around.

"Fine! Good luck surviving the flood!" Twilight shouted angrily at them and immediately started flying across the geyser field, ignoring the geysers with Spike on her back.

Rainbow and Pinkie were left by their lonesome. "Come on, Pinkie. We got to stay with Twilight" Rainbow said. Pinkie agreed and they chased after her.

Spike couldn't let Rarity die. "Twilight, we can't let them die" Spike said. "That was there decision, Spike! If they want to, then let them" Twilight replied.

Spike couldn't believe what Twilight was saying. Knowing Twilight would do nothing, he immediately hopped off her and ran after Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy.

Twilight was shocked by this. "I can't believe you, Spike. You want to die to!" Twilight shouted at him. Spike continued on and didn't respond.

"Fine! You can too!" Twilight shouted back at him furiously and she continued on. Spike ran passed Rainbow and Pinkie.

"Where are you going, Spike!?" Rainbow shouted at him. "I can't let Rarity die!" he shouted back to them and kept on going.

They respected that and continued after Twilight. "She's gonna get fried" Pinkie said. "Twilight!" she shouted. "Twilight!" Rainbow screamed.

Twilight didn't here them. She wasn't aware she was walking into where a geyser would explode.

Then, it exploded. It blasted her in the face and she fell backwards, landing on her side. She woke up seconds later.

Her vision was blurry and she couldn't hear as good. She looked around at the exploding geysers. Then, all of a sudden, she heard voices in her head.

Her brain was on overdrive, thinking about what she'd done a few minutes before. Then, she saw Rainbow and Pinkie.

Rainbow was screaming something at her but she couldn't hear her. Then, finally, the voices in her head cleared and she could hear and see clearly.

"Twilight, come on, we got to go, now!" Rainbow said. She regained on reality. More geysers exploded. Twilight then got up and ran with Rainbow directing her.

Pinkie jumped out of the way of the exploding geysers. They ran as fast as they could, avoiding the geysers. They finally managed to make it to the other side.

They were panting, trying catching their breaths from how fast they ran. "Twilight, what were you thinking!?" Rainbow asked her.

Twilight lowered her head and felt ashamed. Then, she regained her confidence. "Come on! We got to find Spike, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy."

Rainbow and Pinkie agreed and ran up the path up the mountain to find their friends.