• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,727 Views, 145 Comments

Two Sides of The Same Coin - Psicosis



Everypony has their secrets, some they don't even know about.

  • ...
3
 145
 1,727

Doubt

Rarity scrambled her way out of the tub, frightened by the sudden transformation.

“Pinkie, what’s wrong? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to annoy you. Are you okay?” Rarity whispered, a small sliver of fear audible in her voice.

The pink maned pony ignored her and leapt out of the tub, trotting towards Rarity. The elegant mare backed up against the wall.

“Rarity... You’re so naive, you know that? I said we’ve never met before and here you are calling me Pinkie.” Pinkamena said, her voice dripping with contempt. Her mane was now hanging straight over her left eye. “Pinkie what are you talking about?” Rarity was now trying to avoid Pinkamena’s stare, it was sending shivers down her spine.

Pinkamena pushed her face closer to Rarity’s and smiled a little. “I could explain it to you, but it’s more fun this way... Prepare yourself.” Pinkamena whispered, lifting her right hoof in the air. Rarity brought her hooves up to cover her face from the blow.

“Ahhhhhh” Screamed Rarity waiting on the impact of her friend's hoof. It never came. She looked up to see what was going on. Pinkamena’s hoof had stopped in mid air, then slowly lowered completely, then she started shaking and staggering backwards. “Stop it! Pinkie NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” Pinkamena screamed, thrashing wildly around the room.

Rarity wasn’t sure if she should stay and help her friend, or run out the door. She stood there frozen with fear and worry the desire to help battling her self preservation instinct. Suddenly the door behind Rarity slammed the door open and Lotus appeared through it. “What is going on in here!?” She asked, her voice fighting to be heard over the noise Pinkamena was making.

Pinkamena suddenly stopped thrashing and twitching and simply collapsed onto the floor. A couple of seconds passed before anypony moved or spoke. Rarity walked slowly to her friend's limp body. “Pinkie... Are you all right?” Rarity asked, staring at her friend's body with concern.


Pinkie’s hair bounced back to its signature style, but she still wouldn’t move. Rarity was getting really worried now. “Lotus help me move her onto her back!” Rarity ordered frantically, with panic now evident in her voice. Lotus rushed from the door to the unconscious mare, and she and Rarity began to push Pinkie onto her back.

“Pinkie, darling? Please wake up!” Rarity pleaded into the unresponsive face of her friend. Pinkie’s eyes began to open slowly, and she stared into Rarity’s eyes with confusion. “Oh thank Celestia you’re awake!” Rarity sighed in relief. “You really had us worried there.”

Pinkie got off the floor and began dusting herself off. “Pinkie... What just happened?” Rarity asked, her voice thick with confusion and concern. Pinkie looked at her friend with tears pooling in the corner of her eyes. “You... wouldn’t understand.” Pinkie murmured, walking for the exit.

“Pinkie wait!” Rarity called to the retreating pony, but it was too late. The pink mare had broke into a full gallop away from the spa. She kept running, stopping for nopony. It wasn’t long until she reached her home. Pinkie ran inside and locked all the doors. She then walked upstairs and jumped on her bed. She lay there for a while completely silent.

‘I was about to strike! Why did you have to interrupt the good part!?’

‘Just shut up... I won’t let you hurt my friends, they mean the world to me.’

‘REMEMBER WHEN I WAS YOUR WORLD!? I MEANT EVERYTHING TO YOU!’

Pinkie Pie ignored the thought and struggled under the covers. Putting her head under the blanket she curled up into a ball while tears silently rolling down her cheeks.
‘See you soon...friend.’
Not another sound was made, inside the house or inside her head. It wasn’t long until sleep finally took her.

Pinkie woke up in a place that she would never have expected to, in her bed, neither shaking nor sweating. She climbed out of bed, confused and wondering why she hadn't seen her other half last night. ‘Why? Why did she not take me... What is she up to... Is she biding her time? There's only one thing I can do to protect everypony.’

Pinkie ran down the stairs and into her basement, she grabbed a bunch of planks, nails and a hammer. She ran back upstairs and started boarding up the windows and doors. ‘She's up to something... Until I figure out what it is nopony gets in or out....’

*****************

One week later

Pinkie sat in the middle of her room, staring into her mirror. Her eyes were bloodshot, tears dry on her rosy cheeks. She had the maddest grin on her face. ‘Pinkamena! Show yourself now! I know you’re still there. I want answers!’ Pinkie began to laugh with the most manic grin she could do. Her mane and tail was a mess, parts of them were stuck up in air while others were somehow perfectly straight.

‘Pinkie, pinkie, pinkie... Look at what you have become. Nothing but a pony gone mad.’

Pinkie looked into the mirror with anger in her eyes, and before she could respond her doppelganger began to manifest in it.

“There you are! I want answers now, tell me the truth!” Pinkie screamed at the mirror.

“Pinkie, You’ve gone insane over this, it’s almost hilarious. I have been sitting in your mind for the past week laughing at every step you made. Here’s a thought to drive you even madder. Ever think that I didn’t really exist? Maybe you have just made this all up. All the voices and dreams? Just keep thinking...” Pinkamena said with barely controlled laughter evident in her voice.

Pinkie froze in her place, her face lost all trace of emotion. She began to shake and grabbed her head with her hooves. 'What if I have been making this up? Maybe I attacked Rarity. Nopony else, but me. I’m to blame for all of this!? Please Celestia make this stop! I have no idea what’s going on anymore! Somepony please help me!'

Pinkamena's reflection in the mirror was watching her break down, laughing at how pathetic Pinkie looked. “You’re insane Pinkie... It’s the truth and you know it.” Pinkamena whispered almost seductively.

Pinkie looked up at the mirror, her eyes staring into her counterpart's. She felt hatred towards her. She jumped at the mirror and smashed it, sending shards of glass flying across the room and cutting into her hoof. She stared at the blood, and heard the sound of laughter in her head.

‘Am I really going insane?’

*******

Credit to my friend BronyWalker for editing this chapter for me, you rock man!