• Published 28th Apr 2019
  • 446 Views, 6 Comments

My Little Arlen High School : Freshman Year - kkman57

  • ...
 6
 446

Bill, Dale, and Applejack - Apple picking

With Summer time coming at a fast pace Applejack, her brother Big Mac, and her little sister Apple Bloom are hard at work picking apples from their apple orchard ranch. Their family's ranch stretched over 70 acres of land, it was located just outside of Arlen. Applejack's family have owned this land for four generations and all have dedicated their time and effort into keeping their orchard as well as their apples in tip top condition in order to sell them individually and produce their families famous apple cider.

However this year came with an unfortunate event, last week Big Mac broke his right leg from falling off the roof while replacing the shingles for their house. The doctor had informed him that he has to wear an leg cast for the next four months and cannot do any physical labor until his leg has completely healed.

With a man down, Applejack knew that she was going to need some help this year if they were going to keep their apple orchard running smoothly. She reached out to her friends asking if they could help out with the apple picking. Almost everyone had agreed to help, except for Twilight being the exception since she is taking summer classes in Paris and will not be able to help.

Despite being one person down, Applejack was able to recruit Hank, Bill, Dale, Boomhauer, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and even Rarity. With her helpers assembled she decides that in order to keep up with production, she was going to divide them into groups.

Hank, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Apple Bloom would pick from the north. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Boomhauer would pick from the south and Applejack, Dale and Bill would pick from the west and east. They all agreed and decided to meet back here by four pm. From there they all went with their respected groups and began working.


That's when all hell broke loose, not even an hour into picking Apples, Bill and Dale start going at it.

"Dang it Dale, give me my basket back!" Bill pulls on one side of the large wooden basket.

"No way, this was my basket!" Dale argues pulling the other side.

"Your only saying that cause mine was almost full you lazy no good- !" Bill is cut off when Dale kicks him in the shin, causing him to drop the basket spilling the apples everywhere.

"Ha, Ha, Ha!" Dale mocking his friend. This angers Bill causing him to tackle Dale to the ground, the two immediately start wrestling to the ground.

Hearing all this Applejack immediately climbs down from the ladder and runs over to them. "Hey! Hey! Knock it off you two!" She manages to pry the two apart. "What in tarnation is wrong with you two fellers, fighting over a damn basket?!" In a fit of rage she throws the basket against one of the trees, causing the basket to crack down the middle.

This scares Bill and Dale almost immediately, Applejack was never the kind to get angry easily, but when she does, it would make any man wet their pants.

Without even looking in her direction Bill and Dale try to apologize, but Applejack cuts them off. "Don't be sorry! Sorry is not gonna help me or keep my families orchard running! Ya'll want to make amends, then quit acting like kids!" She turns away, climbs back on the ladder and gets back to work."

Hanging their heads in shame, Bill looks over at Dale. "She's right."

"Yeah." Dale pulls out a cigarette from behind his ear and lights it up. "We can't act like this, not right now."


It's no secret to anyone that Applejack and her family were not doing so good right now, facing huge financial issues, ever since Mega Lo Mart had created a franchise called Mega Lo Organic that only sold vegetables, fruits and other variety of health foods, including apple cider. At such low prices, people were not buying from Applejack's family as often anymore. They haven't been able to pay off their mortgage payments in months, putting whatever money they do make into keeping their apple tress healthy.

Last week a representative from the Mega Lo Mart had offered her family two million dollars to purchase their apple orchard, along with their home. Granny Smith was outraged, along with Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Big Mac. This was their home and would be dammed if anyone was going to chase them out. The representative leaves, warning them that the bank will not turn a blind eye forever and one way or another Mega Lo Mart will have what they want.


Bill and Dale knew what was at stake for Applejack if things continue this way. They need to be there for her just like she has been there for them.

"Alright, let's do this." Dale puts out his cigarette and starts picking up the apples that spilled on the floor and putting them back in the basket.

Bill on the other hand climbs back on the ladder and starts picking apples again, picking up the pace to make up for lost time.


From a far distance Applejack watches Dale and Bill working harder than they were earlier. Resting her chin on the palm of her hand she couldn't help but smile at her friends. Despite all their bickering, those two will always come together to help when it matters most. "Hmmm, couldn't ask for better helpers.... and friends."