• Published 28th Apr 2019
  • 446 Views, 6 Comments

My Little Arlen High School : Freshman Year - kkman57

  • ...
 6
 446

Twilight and Fluttershy - Lettuce picking

A bright and sunny morning has arrived over at Fluttershy's home. Both Twilight and Fluttershy were tending to the garden. Dale on the other hand was inside just finishing cooking the last omelet he made.

"Gee, Fluttershy these lettuces are huge." Twilight said, amazed by the size of them. She wipes the sweat from her brow and puts it in the big basket with the others. "You really know how to grow plants, I mean look at your garden of vegetables, it's amazing."

Fluttershy couldn't help but turn away, embarrassed by Twilight's compliment. "Thank you, usually they never grow this huge, in fact it was Dale's dad who taught me how to properly tend to a garden."

Of course how could Twilight forget, Dale's dad, Bug Gribble use to have amazing rose garden. Twilight remembers years ago when she was in middle school, she along with Dale and Pinkie Pie watched as they crowned Bug The Queen of Show, this was the highest honor that any rose grower could ever be rewarded.

Those were fond memories for Twilight. Even today she's having a good time with Fluttershy.

"You know Twilight..." Fluttershy said, grabbing hold another head of lettuce. "Sometimes I wish Mr. Gribble would start planting his roses again."

"Yeah me too." Twilight agrees, last year after the last few of Bug's roses withered and died due to an insect infestation Bug never did try to plant new ones again, not wanting to lose another bush full of roses. "The last thing Mr. Gribble wants is to go through another loss."

Just then Twilight hears a thump on the ground, Fluttershy dropped the lettuce she held. Soon her eyes start to tear up. "Loss... Oh Mrs. Gribble."

Twilight immediately regrets what she had said. "Oh Fluttershy please don't I didn't mean it like that." She pulls in Fluttershy in a small embrace.

Fluttershy in response wraps her arms around Twilight. "I'm sorry, it's just that..."

"I know Fluttershy, I know." How could Twilight not understand. She may have not known Mrs. Gribble as long as Hank, Bill, Boomhauer, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have, since Twilight didn't become a part of thier circle of friends till last year, but she could understand what they we're feeling.

But Dale... Twilight couldn't even begin to know what he was going through right now. To see his own mother going through all of this agony and knowing that she may not have much time left. That would be too much for anybody.

Twilight never knew her own parents since they died when she was just an infant. All her life the only people she ever knew was her brother Shining Armor, her friend Spike and her adopted mother Celestia.

All Twilight knows about her parents was that they we're both in the military and served under Celestia who was their colonel at the time.

No matter how many time Twilight has asked, Celestia has refused to tell her what happen to her parents. After the last time she asked it lead into a shouting match between her and Celestia. The both have made up after words, but Twilight never asked her again since then.

After a moment of silence Fluttershy is the first to speak. "Let's take a break. I think we got all the ones that we need." Drying her eyes with her long sleeve.

"Ok Fluttershy." Twilight agrees, helping Fluttershy up.

Just then Dale opens the sliding door and finds Twilight and Fluttershy gathering all the lettuces that were ready to be picked. "Hey Twilight, Fluttershy, breakfast is ready."

Both Twilight and Fluttershy look back at Dale, despite the smile on his face the girls could see that he was holding back his true feelings. Non the less the girls smiled back at him before entering the house.