• Published 29th Mar 2019
  • 5,701 Views, 91 Comments

Temporal Disequilibrium - Wild Wire



What if you had the ability to control time? So much so that you're basically able to do anything? My answer, is make some friends! Now if only everypony wasn't afraid of me.

  • ...
9
 91
 5,701

Chapter 10: The Hive Again

After I explained to Daniel I could do more than just freeze time, he kind of just stared at me for a moment before getting really excited. That was a while ago but he seems to have stopped saying so awesome over and over again, so he's probably calmed down now. He started to experiment with his own powers as well. We haven't found anything past levitation yet, but Daniel is still very excited about it. He even lifted up an entire tree without too much effort.

We found out he couldn't freeze time like I could, nor could he rewind it or fast forward it. It seems time is just my thing.

"Hey Daniel, wanna see the hive?" I ask him, trying my best to hide my grin.

"Uh, sure!" He responds. "How long will it take?"

"Come with me, I know a shortcut." I say with a wink, finally letting the grin out. His eyes lit up.

"There aren't any shortcuts to the hive." Claire said, frowning.

"Then how did we get here so fast?"

"What?"

We were already standing at the entrance to the hive, surrounded by its walls.

"Come on Daniel, let's go meet Chrysalis."

"Alright."

Claire just kind of walked away from us. Kind of quickly too. Wonder what that's about? I'll ask her about it later. Some of the nearby changelings that saw us skittered off somewhere, probably to tell Chrysalis about Daniel. I was gonna get there first though.

"Can I do that!?" Daniel said excitedly. "Can I!? can I!? can I!?"

"Hmm, maybe? The way I do it is stealing the time it takes to travel wherever I'm going. Maybe you can try that?"

He furrows his eyebrows, as if in a very deep focus, and then took a single step.

That's all that happened.

"Damn it." He sighed.

"Well, maybe you can levitate yourself for transportation instead?" I suggest, seriously curious if he could fly.

"Maybe." He said, focusing his power once again. "Woah. I feel lighter, this might be working!" He continues.

Slowly his feet lifted off the ground. A grin spread across his face.

"Awesome!" He shouted, quickly getting control and floating in a circle around me. "I can fly!"

"That's great, Daniel!" I say. "But we should probably head to Chrysalis now." I say, taking a hold of his wrist and fast traveling to the throne room. Already, I could tell Chrysalis had questions, and Daniel placed himself on the ground.

"Hi Chrysalis."

"Hello, Turner." She said softly, before turning to Daniel. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Daniel Lake, Turner's friend." He said.

"Hello Daniel, welcome to the hive. I'm assuming you don't have a place to stay either?" Chrysalis guessed.

"Not really, no. I just arrived here like two hours ago." He replied

"He can stay with me, right?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Thank you." Daniel and I said in sync. I turned to him and smiled. He smiled back.

"Alright, lets go!" I say, pulling my friend to the side. As soon as I was out of sight from Chrysalis, I warped to my room.

"Okay Daniel. Lets experiment with your powers." I say as I turn towards him. He grins again.


We've made quite a bit of progress. Daniel can levitate multiple objects in many ways with nothing but a thought, and he can levitate himself with the ease of Discord, as we found when he wiggled his way through the air like a snake. Once he did that, he tried to create a glass of chocolate milk by snapping, hoping he had chaos magic.

It didn't work.

We tried to think of other powers he could possibly use, so we could test them, but nothing came to mind. In the end, he just got some practice with his levitation.

"Turner?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah- woah." I froze.

There was a hole in the wall, not like the ones that the changelings use as doors. It was weird looking, completely round, and on the other side was... the other side of the room? I could see myself through it. I turned around and saw another hole, showing the other side.

They were portals.

Portals? How can he do that? What kind of powers is levitation and portals? It doesn't make any sense!

But then it clicked.

"Dude." I said.

"Yeah?"

"You're space."

"What?"

"I'm time, and you're space!" I laughed, seeing his eyes light up in realization. Then he laughed too.

This is gonna be fun.


Claire was sitting in her room alone. Simply thinking. Thinking about the wild week she had with one of the strangest beings she's ever met. And now there was two of them. She groaned, pushing back a few thoughts before they could surface. She thought about something else.

Turner's powers. She was kind of intimidated by his abilities. To be able to just toy with time itself on a whim. She wondered what she would do with those kinds of powers.

Probably not making friends and playing pranks like Turner does. If she had that power, she would probably be trying to rule the world right now. But she doesn't have those powers, and Turner does. She has no idea how Turner hasn't gone mad with power yet.

Maybe he's just that nice? She thought. He IS an alien after all, so of course he'll be strange and different.

Then there was Daniel. What powers could he possibly have? She's seen his levitation, but what else can he do? She didn't know, and she didn't like that very much. It kind of scared her. At least she knew what Turner's powers were. And she knew that he wouldn't hurt anyone with them. But she didn't know Daniel very well. Turner talks like they've been friends for a very long time, and they probably have been. She thought about it.

Turner was a nice guy. Strange and mischievous, but nice.

And kind of cute.

She blushed at the sudden thought she was avoiding.

"Oh dear."

Author's Note:

OOOOOOooooooooooh, there might be some romance here! I might need to add that tag real quick! Heh hah!