• Published 29th Mar 2019
  • 5,659 Views, 88 Comments

Temporal Disequilibrium - Wild Wire



What if you had the ability to control time? So much so that you're basically able to do anything? My answer, is make some friends! Now if only everypony wasn't afraid of me.

  • ...
9
 88
 5,659

Chapter 9: The Old Friend

"Turner!" He said, running towards me.

"Daniel!" I shout as well, pulling him into the tightest hug I could muster.

"It's great to see you!"

"Great to see you too!" I say, releasing him from my grip. "How have you been!? I missed you dude!"

"I've been good! How about you!?"

"I'm great!"

"Why are we yelling!?"

"I don't know!"

We both laughed. So much so I almost fell over. This, was my good friend Daniel Lake. Best friend actually, we've been pals for seven years in fact! For a guy like me, that's a good thing, as I didn't have many other friends at first. I've been really outgoing since I arrived in Equestria, but that might be because I'm more confident as I have my powers. Before that, I was actually kind of shy. Well, not shy shy, but I wasn't going out of my way to make friends either.

I mostly stayed indoors and played video games, but when I met Daniel, I became a bit more active. I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did here in Equestria without him. I didn't really realize how much I missed him until now. I was nearly crying.

Oh wait, I am crying.

"Woah, dude, you alright?" He pulled me into the hug this time.

"Yeah, s-sorry, I just, it's great to see you."

"Yeah, you too, buddy." He said reassuringly, with that slight pitch in his voice, the one that meant he might start crying soon too. We sat there for a moment, before we heard someone in the distance calling my name. I heard someone come out of the bushes behind me.

"AaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Daniel started screaming in panic, backing up into a tree.

"Woah! Hey, calm down Daniel, calm down!" I try to calm him, but he just points behind him and continues yelling. I look to where he's pointing, and sigh a breath of relief.

"Daniel, calm down. Okay?" I try again, this time working a little bit as his mouth suddenly shuts and he nods frantically.

I pause for a moment and wait for him to stop shaking.

"You calm?" I ask. He nodded, a little slower this time. "Okay, I believe introductions are in order. Daniel, this is my changeling friend Claire. Claire, this is my best friend Daniel." I say, turning to Claire.

"Hi." Claire says simply, just standing by.

"H-hello, C-Claire." He says, nodding once more before turning back to me.

"Wait, if there's changelings here, how do I know if you're really you?" He says, more aggressive now.

"Remember when we were playing modded Smash Bros Brawl, and I whooped your ass with Pepsi-Man?" I grin.

"Hey! That just confirmed that Pepsi-Man is OP, I beat you every time until you brought him out." He shouted, visibly relaxing, but talking louder.

"Paper Mario and Phantom Ganon would call you out on that." I say. He could only grumble at this point. I turned to Claire.

"So why were you calling my name, did you need something?" I ask.

"Chrysalis told me to keep an eye on you, but you're hard to keep track of. Fortunately, someling gave me a note saying you'd be here. No idea who wrote it or how they knew you were going to be here, but I decided to check here anyways." Claire explained, giving me the note. I checked it, and guess what? It was my hand writing. I sigh.

"Thanks, Claire. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some catching up to do with Daniel." I say, turning to him. He just mouths Chrysalis with a confused look. I grin again. "And you have LOTS of catching up to do." I say, throwing my arm over his shoulder and around his neck. "Lets walk while we talk."

We all started walking forward, not in any specific direction.

"So, If you haven't already figured it out from the timberwolves or Claire, we're in Equestria." I told him.

"Yeah, the timberwolves were kind of a dead giveaway." He said.

"I've also made friends with the changelings. Well, most of them anyways. I have an infinite supply of love for some reason, so they've been letting me stay. Don't know if it's a human thing or a super power thing."

"I noticed the changelings don't look, well, you know, changed?" He said quietly, quickly glancing towards Claire.

"Yeah, we're somewhere in the past, I'm pretty sure we're sometime before the season one finale." I whisper back.

"Got it." He nodded. "Wait, what do you mean super power thing?" He said after a moment.

"I got super powers when I appeared here in this forest. I wonder if you got any?" I say, mostly to myself. He steps away for a moment.

"Wait, I might have super powers?" He asks, slightly worriedly, but also excitedly.

"Yeah, go ahead, try something."

He turns toward a large rock, and holds his hand out.

"Use the force, Lake." He says jokingly, moving his hand up a bit.

The rock moves up off the ground, and sits there.

"Oh, well shit then." His says with wide eyes, mine are wide as well. What kind of powers does he have? I can't do that, but he can? I need to make a list of what he can do, and figure out why his powers are different than mine.

"Well, I can't do that." I say, whistling.

"Wait, how are you so calm!?" He asks, completely freaked out.

"Dude, I've been here in Equestria for a week with my own powers to deal with."

"Ah, that makes sense." He says, calmed a bit more.

"Anyways, keep trying to do different things with your powers, your abilities have already shown to be different than mine, and I'm curious to what you can do."

"Okay then, what are your powers?" He asks, finally dropping the rock.

"ZA WARUDO!" I shout, throwing my arms out and letting it sink in for a brief moment before I actually freeze time. I then walk some distance behind him and unfreeze time again. I fake an evil laugh. He jumps and turns around, before he puts on his most serious expression.

"Dio." He calls intimidatingly

"Jotaro." I say, even trying to do the voice. A brief, menacing pause falls before us.

We started laughing.

"I don't get it." Claire finally spoke, causing both of us to lose our composure more and start laughing louder.