• ...
6
 18
 774

Chapter 13: Xeno-Monado

Author's Note:

Ok, I haven’t actually abandoned this fanfic at all. The only reason for the delay was actually because of both Writer’s Block & unable to figure out a good plot into the chapter. This is supposed to be the chapter regarding Twilight trying to look into the Pinkie Sense, but I actually decided to remove that bit to make it simpler. Don’t worry, Twilight is going to be researching, but it’ll be in the background. Regardless I hope y’all enjoy this chapter

I only own my OC.
Everything else belongs to their respective owners.

WARNING! WARNING! This chapter will contain Spoilers for Xenoblade Chronicles. If you want to read this chapter anyway, you have been warned.

…sorry for the alarm…

-Ponyville outskirts-

Garebel sighed, leaning against a tree, trying to relax. Rarity’s fashion show was a greater success than thought, with Hoity Toity ordering 7 dozen each of the dresses Rarity had made without input from her friends, while Rainbow Dash admitted that her idea was indeed stupid(being laughed at while wearing the dress Rarity did made with Dash’s input helped, which did get Dash depressed, until Gilda decided to take Dash aside to have some ‘fun’ with her to cheer her up.)

He was relaxing when he noticed Pinkie Pie trotting at full speed to him. She started speaking really fast, fast enough that Garebel can’t catch a single word she was trying to say.

“Calm down, Pinkie, calm down.” He spoke, in a calm voice. “What were you trying to say?” He then asked.

“There’s a strange orb floating in the square, and My Pinkie Sense is telling me it’s not friendly.” Pinkie Pie explained fast, but it was slow enough for me to catch what she was saying.

“Lead the way!” Garebel spoke, frowning intensely.

-Ponyville Square-

Pinkie leaded Garebel to the center of the square, where a bunch of ponies were gathering around…an inactive Absent Silhouette!? He frowned upon seeing the weapon inside, a pair of claws. ‘Doesn’t match any of the ones I know of.’ He thought.

“Ah, Garebel!” Applejack shouted, letting him know where the rest of the mare 6 are. Very close to the Absent Silhouette. “Twilight is trying find any info related to this…thing.” Applejack explained before Twilight spoke up.

“Nothing! Not a single thing about this…” She said before Garebel cut in.

“Absent Silhouette.” He said, letting everypony know the name of it. “You won’t be able to find any info to begin with, they are essentially ghosts. That said, unlike ghosts, they do have enough of a physical presence to be able to fight.” He explained, before elaborating. “I fought a few alongside a friend of mine, but the symbol inside it doesn’t match the ones that were fought.” He finished, remembering the fights He had with the Absent Silhouettes, alongside Sora, Donald, & Goofy.

“I would say that’s impossible but well…” Twilight started before giving Rainbow Dash a look.

“Blame Garebel for that.” Rainbow Dash pointed out, remembering her brief stint as Kamen Rider Ghost while the RMH was being dealt with.

“Either way, all of ya stay back. I’ll handle this.” Garebel said, knowing that it’s impossible to talk to an Absent Silhouette at all. He reached to touch the orb...

“Wait!” When Rainbow Dash and Twilight tackled him, a bright flash engulfing them.

-???-

Falling face first into the ground, Garebel got stunned a bit, before quickly standing up and turned to Twilight and Rainbow Dash, idly noticing He’s in his human form.

“What’s the big idea!?” Garebel asked angrily.

“Should we talk this out with…?” Twilight started before Garebel shook his head.

“No, Absent Silhouettes are incapable of speaking. Like it or not, we have to fight our way out.” He explained, taking a look around the arena. He then saw two titans that He instantly recognize.

The Bionis and the Mechonis.

‘Being able to see both of them from one angle means we’re in Sword Valley.’ Before Garebel can think any further, he heard a whir sound.

(Play An Obstacle in Our Path!)

“Get down!!” he yelled, tackling both Rainbow Dash and Twilight to the ground. A whoosh sound indicated something just flew over them, saving their necks. Getting his wits together, Garebel looked & spotted the culprit right away. It changed its shape into a human-like configuration, before land on the opposite side of the arena from us. When the dust settled, I saw it and recognize who the Absent Silhouette is from.

Metal Face, no…

“Mumkhar...” Garebel growled before pulling out what would be an odd weapon to Rainbow Dash & Twilight, but He knew it was the only thing that could help. The Monado G…

His Monado...

As the Monado G split itself open to release an energy blade, Garebel turned to Rainbow Dash.

“Don’t go fight him using your body, Dash. The armor is too thick, you’re more likely to break your body than the enemy’s. Right now, my chosen weapon is the only one that can hurt him.” He explained to Rainbow Dash, before turning to Twilight. “The armor doesn’t nullify magic in any way, so use any offensive spells you can. The more Powerful, the better.” Garebel finished before noticing Rainbow Dash grinning. She spoke up before he can tell her it’s not going to work.

“Are they immune to lightning bolts?” Rainbow Dash asked, causing Garebel to blink.

“No, actually.” He admitted, confused at the question.

“Pegasus Magic is weather manipulation.” Rainbow Dash spoke, Garebel’s eyes widening at what Rainbow Dash meant.

“There’s clouds both above & below us.” Garebel said, knowing Rainbow Dash will realize what He said, before turning to Mumkhar. “The enemy’s coming! Let’s go!” He yelled out charging at Mumkhar. Mumkhar tried to stab him with his claws, but know that there’s a chance they were poisonous, he ducked under one and knocked the other away. Remembering the armor’s weaknesses, Garebel slashed at head level to Topple Mumkhar over, but he dodged into the path of Twilight’s spell, which removed his left arm. Taking advantage of this, Garebel tried to grab the arm, only realize how he was trying to do it.

‘Dang it! I’m not an alicorn now.’ He thought, mentally kicking himself, before backing up to dodge a kick from Mumkhar. Growling, Garebel flip the handle of the Monado G and pushed the blade forward. One difference between the original Monado and Garebel’s is that Garebel’s can transform into a blaster when needed. He fired a few blasts into Mumkhar before Mumkhar started moving faster, dodging both Twilight’s attacks and mine. Mumkhar was already posed to stab Twilight when a thunderbolt came down and struck him. Stunned, Mumkhar left himself open for a few of Garebel’s blasts to land, allowing Twilight to get some distance. Turning towards Garebel, Mumkhar had his cannon charging to take Garebel out. Realizing his method, Garebel aimed towards Mumkhar, the symbol for the corresponding Art He was going to use (斬) showing up in the glass panel inside the Monado G. We both fired at the same time, our attacks clashing.

“Monado…” He spoke as he pushed more power into the attack. “DESTROYER!!” Garebel yelled out, his attack overwhelming Mumkhar’s. As the attack engulfed Mumkhar, creating an explosion, Garebel fell to my knees, exhausted with his Monado back into its sword form.

“Is it over?” Twilight asked after she & Rainbow Dash rushed back to my side. Garebel frowned as he shook his head.

“The wreckage should have been replaced by the orb, if it was.” He explained as he looked over the flame covered wreckage, right arm hanging over Rainbow Dash’s body. Soon, Garebel heard a sound and saw some of the wreckage move before a person emerged from the wreckage. Garebel frowned, realizing who it was.

“Mumkhar survived that!?” Garebel growled out before flinching. He wasn’t hurt, but the exhaustion was getting to him. ‘I’ve gotten rusty…’ He thought. Mumkhar started charging, only to be jump away from green lighting.

“I was wondering what was going here.” A voice said before the owner dropped into view.

“Alvis!? But I thought…”. Garebel started before Alvis waved his hand and suddenly Garebel was back in his pony form.

“This sort of abnormality is my duty to fix as an administrator, despite being only an observer now. Shulk & the others are busy with trouble of their own, anyway.” Alvis explained before he added. “It seems your exhaustion was because two types of magic were in you and fighting. I simply removed the ether part.” Garebel now noticed he felt like he was at his more natural power now.

“Alright, shall we go then?” Garebel asked Alvis, whose only response was to pull out a Monado of his own. Garebel smiled before both he and Alvis charged forward. The duo attacked as though they were choreographing a dance due to how much they were in sync. Mumkhar was quickly overwhelmed from the constant barrage. He tried to dodge backwards, but another lightning bolt stunned him, which Twilight took advantage of by giving Mumkhar one last blast, which was followed up by Garebel and Alvis landing an X slash on Mumkhar’s chest. Time passed as sparks erupted off Mumkhar.

“Hehe…Perfect……” Mumkhar surprising us all, before he collapsed and was engulfed in explosion. When it cleared, the orb was present before fading away.

“It would seem that he wanted to go out fighting……” Alvis mused, before we noticed that three of us were fading along with the arena.

“Alvis…” Garebel said, turning to Alvis. “Tell Shulk and the others I said hi.” I said, before a flash of light blinded us. When we could see, we were back in Ponyville, and Alvis wasn’t among us.

“Yikes, that was exhausting.” Rainbow Dash said, holding her wings. She must have sprained them, to get the clouds in position.

“Yeah…” Twilight admitted, also feeling the same. I didn’t even reply as I basically flopped to the ground and feel asleep, instantly. Thankfully I missed the fountain altogether, though.