• ...
6
 18
 767

Chapter 8: Rainbow Dash’s secret part 1/discover the M

Author's Note:

Ok, originally I going to have things play out differently but, well...yeah...

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

Side note, I can't rhyme to save my life, so I'm afraid, that unless someone helps me, Zecora will NOT rhyme in this story. Trust me, I hate having to do this, but I must. I did try to make Her speak Swahili as a replacement, since I read that Lauren originally intended for Zecora to do so.

I only own my SI-OC & Dragquazard/Darth Keeper.
Everything belongs to their respective owners.

-Ponyville Library-
A few days later after the sleepover, Garebel returned to his body. Twilight had taken the time to update him on what she learned, while he was spiritually elsewhere, while he took the chance to explain why the deck was sent to him.

“So, we know something happened to Dash to cause to not jump at the chance to her dream team, Rarity is Kamen Rider Siren/Femme, Blueblood is acting weird and it’s not related to him being Kamen Rider Strike/Ouja, which is something she was outraged at.” Garebel summed up all that Twilight explained to him. Twilight nodded, to Garebel’s sigh. “Ok, I’ll talk to Dash. I would leave it all to Applejack, but I get the feeling something bad will happen, if I do that. In the meantime, try to act normal.” He said, letting Twilight nod her head in affirmation. Garebel then walked outside, & looked around. Seeing Spike walking to the library, he gave a short greeting, before walking off. He soon saw Gilda and Rainbow Dash sitting in a café. Garebel had noticed that Gilda actually have a bit of crush on Dash when Gilda decided to stay in Ponyville, despite the fact that the two of them are the same gender. He was honestly surprised the duo weren’t dating yet. Walking up to them, he caught a bit of their conversation.

“…and she started living up to her name!” Gilda joked, causing Rainbow Dash & Gilda to laugh out loud. Garebel, however, noticed that Rainbow Dash's laugh is more faked. Sighing, Garebel walked up to them.

"Excuse me..." He spoke up, getting both Gilda & Rainbow Dash's attention.

"Garebel? What's up? Didn't see you around, lately." Gilda piped, though Garebel did note a slight tone of annoyance though. He didn't blame her, though, he was effectively interrupting a date, after all.

"...I need to have a private talk with Dash." He said, noting that Rainbow Dash froze up at that. "No rush." He said to calm down Rainbow Dash to no avail. He frowned at this, then got an idea. "Seriously, you should at least spend some time with your..." Garebel trailed off, trying to remember the right word. "Aha! Your marefriend. I mean you two are a cute couple after all." He explained, causing them both to sputter.

"We're not dating!!" They both yelled out, though Gilda did mutter a "Yet..." under her breath. Garebel laughed at their reaction, noting that Rainbow Dash had relaxed a bit. He walked a bit before noticing that Rainbow Dash was following him.

"Better to have that talk now, rather than later." She explained to Garebel, who nodded. After a while, the two were in a clearing in the Everfree Forest. After taking a seat under a tree, Garebel decided to get right to the point.

"Dash, I heard from Twilight, who was informed by Rarity, that you didn't take part in the Wonderbolts tryouts because something freaked you out. What happened?" Garebel asked Rainbow Dash who shivered. She had honestly forgotten Rarity was with her at the time.

"I can't explain it..." She said, leaving Garebel confused.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because you would be in Danger!" She yelled out in a panic. Garebel recoiled a bit at this piece if info before deciding to ask more.

"Why would I be in...?" He started before noticing something. "Hang on a bit." Garebel said, much to Rainbow Dash's confusion.


-???-

A dark yellow earth pony called Hidden Scout smiled. His own machine, which other ponies can't see strangely, was transmitting to what it saw to his screen and what it heard to his headphones. He smiled to himself.
"If I'm right, one less terror to deal with and I'll have my promotion..." He laughed evilly to himself for a few second, before noticing the Unicorn talking to the Pegasus was looking in the direction of his machine.

"Hang on a bit." the Unicorn said before walking off. Hidden Scout blinked, before shrugging. He waited 5 years for this, he wait a few more minutes, besides he was sure the Unicorn didn't see his machine. He at least made sure to ready his machine to give the Pegasus a fatal wound. He was ready to do the deed when he flinched when he felt something grab a hold of his side. Looking around, he was the only one in the room. Hidden Scout turned back to the screen only to shook his head in surprise.

Somehow, the machine was now focused on the Unicorn, who now had a dark grey entity with muscles visible throughout its body behind him. The Unicorn then took in a deep breath.

"EXCUSE ME, BUT, WHEN I SAID I WANTED TO HAVE A PRIVATE TALK WITH RAINBOW DASH, I DIDN'T INVITE YOU, YOU EAVESDROPPER!!" The unicorn yelled, causing Hidden Scout to yell in pain. He looked back at the screen to see the unicorn take an odd pose with a oddly shaped wooden stick in their hooves. "NOW, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!" The unicorn yelled out before swinging the stick. One moment he was in his room, the next, he was implanted on a wall on the opposite site of the complex he was working at, the one after that he fell into unconscious.


-Everfree Forest Clearing-

Rainbow Dash's widened eyes followed the trail of white smoke that suddenly appeared, trailing all the way to the point that she was at least sure went over Canterlot. Garebel looked at the end result and whistled.

"Farthest Home Run I got with that swing." He spoke to himself, smiling as his stick disappeared. Garebel then turned to Rainbow Dash, & blinked at something that Rainbow Dash had that she didn't before. She followed his gaze to see what he saw. Her eyes widened in surprised before trying to hide it. Looking at Garebel, she was surprised that he simply shrugged & sat back down next to her.

"Anyway, why would I be in danger?" He asked Rainbow Dash, who stared at him increditouly, before she direct his attention to what she tried to hide. He stared at it for a few seconds, before looking at Rainbow Dash, an Eyebrow raised. "So?" He asked with genuine confusion. Rainbow Dash stared at him before she explained it.

"So? I'm a mutant thanks to this, and I'm being hunted for that." She said, hissing all the while. Garebel looked at Rainbow Dash for a second.

"That!? A danger!?" He asked incredulously. Rainbow Dash nodded. Garebel's reaction to that was never what Rainbow Dash expected.

He laughed at that fact like it was a joke. Rainbow Dash stared at the sight before she started getting angry.

"What's so FUNNY!?" She yelled out at Garebel, who took a while to calm himself down.

"Oh, Dash..." Garebel said after he calmed down. "Let me tell about a group I know called the X-Men..."


-outside a hut in the Everfree Forest, a few hours later-

“Thanks for curing us.” Twilight said, bowing to Zecora, a zebra that living in a hut in the Everfree Forest.

"Karibu." Zecora bowed back to Twilight, allowing Twilight to guess at what she meant. "Tu kuwa na uhakika wa..." She coughed a bit, realizing she was speaking her native language. "Just...stay away from the Poison Joke, please?" She spoke awkwardly, unused to a different language.

"Fair 'nough. Jus'...don't try to pawin' the ground again. We now know about what the gesture means ta y'all, but ta us, it mean it's ayy threat." Applejack said, sighing. Zecora blinked a few times, but nodded.

"Understood, I set that in mind for future memory." She spoke before realizing something. "Do you know on the stone and the six green Star-noted in the circle?" Zecora asked, causing everyone else present to stiffen.

"C-c-can w-w-we s-s-s-see t-t-t-t-this s-s-s-s-s-s-stone?" Fluttershy asked, hoping it's not what she and the rest thought it was.

"Stay a little..." Zecora spoke, before going inside her hut for a few minutes, before coming back out with a see-though glass box. She showed to them, and allowing them to see in the stone in question. The Mane 5 and Gilda's eyes widened in shock.

It was a Seal of Orichalcos stone.

"W-why is it in a box like this?" Pinkie Pie asked, shaking in fear.

"It's knocking even though my roof booth. Feel bad strength in it, I put in this mirror box, and set hundreds of seals to prevent its influence from affecting anyone. Reason? Is it dangerous?" Zecora asked, who then got surprised when everyone else shook their head fiercely.

"That...Thing is capable of stealing Souls! Other ponies' Souls!!" Rarity explained in a panic. Zecora's eyes widened in shock.

"Damn it! Witchcraft based on the soul is forbidden where I am from!!" She explained to them.

"It is forbidden here, too!" Gilda explained, also panicking! "Damn it! Of all the times for Garebel to disappear..."

"What is going on?" A familiar voice echoed, looking to the side, The Mane 5, Gilda & Zecora saw Garebel & Rainbow Dash trotting over.

"Garebel, Zecora..." Twilight spoke up, making sure Garebel knew about Zecora. "found a stone with that cursed Tartarus-damned Seal on it." She explained. Garebel frowned at this info and approached them. Taking a look at it, he growled.

“As much as I hate to say it, destroying the stone won’t help. We need to destroy the spirit inside it, too.” Garebel explained, not at all happy about the situation. “You’re the one who found it, so as much as I hate to ask, can you get it to possess you so I can challenge it to a duel? I had other ways, but when I did use one……Let’s just say I left a mess, and leave it at that.” He sighed in annoyance. Zecora frowned, but nodded, getting the feeling that said "mess" would cause more harm than good.

"Okay, I'll try it. This hope works..." She muttered to herself, before carefully opening the glass case, breaking many of the seals on it. Already, a green aura emerged and covered Zecora. Much to everyone's surprise, a purple aura emerged from Zecora, and melded with the green aura. The aura then detached from Zecora, who fell unconscious and floated a bit away, before the aura shifted away a bit. Suddenly the green aura formed the Seal of Orichalcos before shattering away, the purple aura shifted into another Zebra, one recognized by Garebel instantly. Almost quickly, Garebel caught the zebra using his psychic powers, thankfully no one else noticed this, and laid the zebra next to Zecora, who Fluttershy caught and rest here on the ground.

"I don't think any of us expected that." Twilight spoke, surprised. Every pony awake nodded in agreement, Pinky Pie doing so vigorously. Garebel was about to speak, when another voice echoed out behind Zecora's hut.

"Well, well, well, so that’s how it happened…" It spoke. Soon a monster, for that was the only way to describe it, made of wood walked out from behind the hut, holding a pony by their mane. The Mane 6, Gilda & Garebel all took their own fighting stance

"What do you want..." Twilight growled before noticing its chest area. "...Kika?" She hazard a guess.

'Kika' just laughed out loud, before pointing to the dash marking on their chest, making a motion to turn it 90 degrees. "It's actually Kikai! Another Kikai, to be precise." they corrected, before lifting the pony they held to drew the others' attention to her. "As for what I 'want'..." Another Kikai tossed the pony to them. "...Is simply repaying one of two favors I owe Garebel, and delivering a would-be assassin to you." They explained, everypony's eyes turned to Garebel, who blinked.

"But this is the first time, I see yah!" Garebel spoke out.

"And he's not lying!" Applejack added.

"Well..." Another Kikai shrugged. "Tenses are always a problem for people like me!" Garebel's eyes widened, but Another Kikai raised their hand. "No, I'm not him or am I as crazy. However, I am sorry since I'm one of the ones that messed with your Gachet indirectly." Garebel narrowed his eyes at this.

"How did you ended owning me a few favors!?" He growled out.

"Considering you rescued me & a friend of mine from our 'boss', I basically will owe you my life." Another Kikai explained before pointing at Rainbow Dash. "By the way, while they aren't aware of 'that', they do have their suspicions. And well..." They trailed over causing Rainbow Dash's eyes to widen.

"That means they will still hunt her down..." Twilight growled out, realizing what Another Kikai means. "But Dash is a Hero, being an Element..." Her eyes widened as she put two and two together, and gave an uncharacteristic evil smile.

"I can already hear the bells toll, for their time is running out." Another Kikai spoke, giving the impression that they were smiling. "Well, see ya!" they spoke before a black aura surrounded them before fading, leaving no trace of Another Kikai's existence.