• ...
6
 18
 774

Chapter 12: 2040; Fashion! a Passion-ite Question!

Author's Note:

Here we go, a new chapter finally done. Now I won’t cover the Fashion Show bit, because I don’t think I could reliably give justice, so it won’t appear. Hope the Introduction to the .hacker Archtype, the Speed Duel, & the Early Appearance of one of The Knights of Hanoi & their Leader, Revolver/Varis would be enough to make up for it. I’m deeply sorry if it doesn’t.

I only own My OC.
Everything else, including the .hackers, belong to their respective owners.

P.S. Kite is a Descendant of Fianna, He EARNED that right after defeating the Cursed Wave!! Try to change my mind!

-One day later-
At the Ponyville Library, Twilight sighed as she put her chosen book back.

“No luck there, either.” She complained, loudly, being alone. Spike, along with the newly-formed Cutie Mark Crusaders, went to the Duel Disk Factory so that Garebel could give them their new Duel Disks and help them learn Duel Monsters. She didn’t join in for the same reason she was going though her books.

‘I still can’t believe Garebel did it! He did found out the truth, but still…’. She thought, thinking back.

-Flashback, Yesterday, three hours after the Ponyville Cutie Mark Food Fight-

”What!? The rumor was true!?” Twilight yelled, shocked, towards Garebel who nodded.

“It’s more along the lines of emotional abuse than physical, but yes.” He confirmed. “I decided to use my mind reading powers to try and dig into Tiara’s mind…” Garebel explained. Noticing Twilight’s building anger, he elaborated. “I didn’t even begin to dig, before I got slammed out of Tiara’s mind by her memories of her Mom, all of them!” Garebel emphasized. “I then actually took a moment to analyze and look over the memories I saw before being forced out, and when I learned that, I was angry since any form of abuse is basically one of three guaranteed ways to make me angry. I took out my anger on the table closest to me, and well…” He trailed off, Twilight already know what happened.

“The food fight happened… I’m still surprised Pinkie actually tried to stop it, instead of allowing it.” She mumbled to herself.

-Present day-

Twilight shook her head to get the memory out of her head in order to clear it. She went to continue her search when a knock came from the front door. Opening the front door revealed Rarity, who was smiling.

“Darling, I actually got an idea about dresses for the Gala! Do you have a dress So, I can exclude making you a dress!” Rarity asked, seemingly excited to make dresses. Twilight thought about it for a second before answering.

“Yes, but it is pretty old. I can certainly see a need for a replacement.” Twilight explained. Rarity brighten at this before she went off to make dresses. Twilight sighed before decided to go to the factory to check up on Spike.

-Duel Disk Factory-

Twilight blinked as she saw Garebel talking to the CMC & Spike on a TV screen.

"...& remember, there are real people playing Duel Links, too. You should be polite to them, as well." He said, the ones on the screen nodded. "Then off you go." the group ran off in different directions. Garebel himself was trotting into an open chamber, when he noticed Twilight. Noticing her worried expression, Garebel decided to explain things. "I hooked them into a Duel Monsters Online Game called Duel Links. I sent them there, because Experience is more often the best teacher." He explained, causing Twilight's expression to soften.

"What are you going to do?" She asked, wondering if he was going to make sure they were safe.

"I'm logging into Duel Links too, but, for two reasons. One is to keep an eye on them." Garebel explained, letting Twilight relax, before she blinked.

"What is the other reason?" She asked, wondering why Garebel would need another reason.

"One of my friends found a lead on the Cyberse-Type." Garebel explained, shocking Twilight. "I'm going to ask him for details about it." With that, he entered the chamber and with a brief flash, Garebel was in Duel Links. Twilight decided to leave and headed to Carousel Boutique, since the rest of her friends were likely to be there.

-Carousel Boutique-

Twilight blinked at the first thing she saw when she entered. Her friends were indeed her, but she didn't expect them to be an argument. Rarity & Applejack sat at a table, actually trying to ignore the argument. Twilight trotted up to the duo, before speaking up.

"Dare I ask what they are arguing about?" Twilight asked, a look of worry visible on her face.

"After showing Rainbow Dash the dress I made for her, she told me that it could 'stand to 20% more awesome'..." Rarity explained. "Then Gilda said something about it being more ridiculous instead and well..."

"The whowwl argument done started, with Pinkie & Fluttershy a-joinin' in latuurr." Applejack finished. Twilight sighed at this before she got an idea.

"Wait, I think I have an idea..." She said, before explaining her plan to Rarity & Applejack, who both nodded.

"That there actually sownds like ay darn good plan! what about ya, Rarity?" Applejack asked Rarity, who was frowning.

"If we do that, that would actually also help business with the shop. There's a problem, in the form of Hoity Toity. I don't think he would approve of being left out of something like this." Rarity pointed out to Twilight, who frowned. Hoity Toity was just a fashion critic, but The fashion critic. Having him would also help out Rarity long-term, which did lead to helping out Applejack and Pinkie Pie as well, but bring him on board would be difficult...

"Aha! I got an idea!" Twilight shout, getting everyone's attention. She then proceeded to explain her idea.

-Duel Links-

An explosion was heard, before a white cloaked person was seen walking away from the source of said explosion.

"Damn! Not him, either... I thought Cyberse was detected here. I'm going to crack that damn protection and log off after my next duel." He grumbled, before walking off. After a while he took notice of a little dragon. Blinking a few times, he shrugged before hacking to start a duel, before he was spooked by a voice.

"So, you must be the hacker that was searching Duel Links." Turning around, the white cloaked person soon saw a man wearing a black trench coat leaning against a wall. "How about having a duel with me instead of a newbie." Garebel asked the white cloaked person, who raised an eyebrow. "If you win..." Garebel showed him a single card. "I'll give you one of my Cyberse cards." The white cloaked person let out a gasp, cause Garebel to grin. "If I win, you'll tell me everything I want to, including why you were hunting for Cyberse cards." Garebel stated, making sure he understood the stakes. The white cloaked figure blinked before grinning and turning to Garebel.

"Only if you allow the condition of Me winning to destroying all of your Cyberse cards, Then I, one of the Knights of Hanoi, accepted." The Knight spoke, before raising his arm. Garebel's eyes narrowed at this, but nodded at this. "Well, then..."

"DUEL!!" They both yelled out, starting the Speed Duel.

Knight LP: 4000

Garebel LP: 4000

"I'll start off. Since you control no monsters, I can Special Summon 2 Hack Worms from my hand!" The Knight explained before summoning two worm-like creatures.

Hack Worm x2
Level 1
ATK 400
DEF 0

"Then I'll release both of my Hack worms to Tribute Summon Cosmo Queen, in ATK mode!"

Cosmo Queen
Level 8
ATK 2900
DEF 2450

"Followed by equipping her with Book of Secret Arts to increase her ATK & DEF by 300!"

Cosmo Queen
ATK 2900-3200
DEF 2450-2700.

"That will end my turn." The Knight spoke, pass the turn to Garebel, who nodded.

"My turn, I'll draw." He spoke, now having 5 cards in his hand instead of 4. Taking a look at his hand, he grabbed a card before playing it. "I'll summon Moonstone of the Silent .hacker!" Garebel declared.A man wearing armor and hold two daggers just simply walked up to the field.

"......ready..." He spoke softly.

Moonstone of the Silent .hacker
Level 4
ATK 0
DEF 0

The Knight frowned, he thought he wasn't taken seriously, until he saw the new monster's type.

Moonstone of the Silent .hacker
Cyberse-type

He smirked a bit, before focusing on the duel.

"Now I'll activate Moonstone's ability! Once per turn, I can Special Summon one Level 4 or lower .hacker from my hand. I choose to Special Summon Natsume of the Crazy .hacker!" Garebel yelled out, playing his next card. This time, a lady wearing odd clothes practically leaped onto the field.

"Let's GOOOOOOOOOO!" She yelled out, excitedly while Moonstone facepalmed at her antic.

Natsume of the Crazy .hacker
Level 4
Cyberse-type
ATK 1900
DEF 1000

"I'll end my turn with that." Garebel spoke, ending his turn.

"I'll draw!" The Knight spoke before looking at his card and grinned. "I'll activate the Equip Spell, Plague Virus Blackdust!" (AN: the OCG/Japanese name was used here, because it sound cooler and less weird to me. The TCG/English name is Ekibyo Drakmord) A trio of blue skined creatures appeared and grabbed Natsume.

"Oh, come on! I got a flu vaccine last week!" She complained, struggling to get the trio off her.

"While your precious Cyberse card is equipped with this card, it can't attack, and is destroyed at the end of your second turn!" The Knight let out an evil laugh. Garebel growled at the Knight while Natsume struggled. Moonstone however noticed something.

"...Virus...Equipped to Natsume? Equipped?" He asked the Knight, who stopped laughing in confusion.

"Errr...Yes...It is..." He spoke, feeling odd talking to a monster hologram. Moonstone's response was to facepalm.

"...Idiot." He spoke, angering the Knight greatly.

"CAN YOU STILL CALL ME THAT AFTER MY COSMO QUEEN ATTACKS YOU! COSMIC NOVA!!" The Knight yelled out, commanding his monster to throw a dark ball of energy at Moonstone. the energy ball impacted where Moonstone now was, Smoke covering the area. "And with that monster gone, You're going to take damage." He spoke confidently, however...

Garebel LP: 4000

"What the!? Why didn’t you take damage!?" The Knight shouted in confusion. He would have gone in a rant, if his Cosmo Queen didn't fell down before disappearing. "What!? My Cosmo Queen!!" He shouted out loud, before realizing Moonstone was alive and standing where his Cosmo Queen was. Moonstone grunted, before jumping back to Garebel's side of the field.

"When Moonstone battles a Monster..." Garebel spoke after the smoke clears out. "The Opposing monster destroyed before damage calculation starts. Just as long as that monster is not a fellow .hacker." He explained to the now shocked Knight.

"Turn end..." The Knight spoke after snapping out of his shock, allowing Garebel to take his turn.

"And I realized why Moonstone insulted you. I activate Natsume's effect!" To the Knight's surprise, Natsume smoothly jumps away from the creatures, before the creatures dissolving into pixels. "I can send one Equip Card equipped to Natsume to the Graveyard, to Special Summon any .hacker from my deck." Garebel explained, causing the Knight to wince.

"...I screwed up." The Knight stated bluntly, before azure flames appeared. When the flame dispersed, A Young boy wearing bright orange clothes ('Close, but thankfully, not as bright as Naruto's' The Knight thought to himself') and holding two daggers stood where the flames once were. Unlike his fellows, He holds his daggers as though they were a single bow without string.

"I called forth one of the three Descendants of Fianna! Say hello to Kite of the Azure Flame .hacker!!" Garebel yelled out.

Kite of the Azure Flame .hacker
Level 8
ATK 2500
DEF 2500

"Now Natsume, Direct Attack!" Garebel commanded Natsume, who dash towards The Knight of Hanoi and slashed him a couple of times.

Knight LP: 4000-2100

The Knight shook off the shock from that blow, before seeing Kite have an arrow of azure flames notched in his 'bow'.

"Finish it." Garebel spoke before Kite let go of the arrow which promptly knocked the Knight to the ground.

Knight LP: 2100-0

Garebel wins.

Garebel walked towards the Knight and helped him up.

"Now I do believe you have some info to tell me." Garebel spoke, not being stern, but still reminding the Knight of their deal.

"Ok, All I really know is that our Leader, who goes by Revolver, wants all Cyberse destroyed along with the Ignis, who made the Cyberse in the first place, or Humanity is Doomed." The Knight explained to Garebel who's eyes widen in shock. "Look for a corporation called SOL Technologies. I heard a rumor that they were indirectly responsible for the Ignis, but I don't know if it's true…I’m Sorry…” The Knight apologized, not being able to give more info. He went to hack the protection so he can log out, only to blink at the sudden lack of said protection. Realizing that the protection was there so his opponent could get info about Cyberse, he sighed before logging out. Garebel was left to muddle in his own thoughts.

-unknown space-

The Knight materialized before walking to a red-haired individual that could have been mistaken for a robot, and kneeled.

“Did you find and destroyed the new Cyberse?” The ’robot’ spoke out. The Knight shook his head.

“Find, yes. Destroy, no. Bright side is said user was actually unaware of the Cyberse’s origins. I was actually trapped for a bit because I’m guessing they wanted to investigate the Cyberse, itself, Lord Revolver.” He reported, identifying the ‘robot’ as Revolver. Revolver himself showed surprise.

“He used Cyberse, but he didn’t have a corresponding Ignis?” He asked the Knight who nodded.

“His known Cyberse Cards more matches our enemy, Playmaker’s choices of Attribute.” The Knight explained before tapping something on his duel disk. A Screen open in front of Revolver which showed the Duel as well as the Cyberse cards in question and their known effects.

“…Interesting…None of these cards can match what the Ignis could possibly make. They more look like other people…” Revolver mused about these new .hacker monsters. He then smiled, wondering what kind of monsters he had up his sleeve. He turned to the Knight, shocked at his action, before motioning him to stand. “Come, the other Knights need to be informed of this development.” He explained, sporting an almost maniacal grin.