• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 1,655 Views, 88 Comments

The Gamer's Game - Chrome Masquerade



Button Mash awakens in a strange space and receives a strange power. Not only that, but other ponies are gaining special powers of their own!

  • ...
4
 88
 1,655

Chapter 7: Going Once? Going Twice... SOLD!

(Frigg's Day (1), Home)

When I awoke in the morning, I stretched before getting up. Now fully awake, I noticed that there was a computer where one wasn't before. Attached to the monitor was a note with a credit card of sorts attached to that.

Hello Button! Discord here.

I remember telling you of the Chaos Auctions, but then realized that you have no way to access it! Silly me! Anyway...

This computer will allow you to access the Chaos Auctions website, along with other resources (which you'll find in the Favourites tab on the browser). It also has an AI which we've called Harmonious Online Network EnvoY, or HONEY for short (2). Be sure to say hello to her! She'll also hide the computer from any prying eyes if you ask her to, save those you choose to tell about it, anyway! What's a secret without a few confidants, eh?

Also, as a small gift, I'm giving you the 'Create Instant Dungeon' ability book. This will allow you to, well, create an instant dungeon. At the outset you'll only have access to Level 1 dungeons, which will spawn up to level 5 monsters, once you learn it.

By the way, you code is 19-1-6-20-25 (3).

Happy shopping!

'That Discord.' I thought to myself, 'Even when he's being apologetic he barely takes things seriously. Welp; Better check this out.' I thought

Flicking the switch to turn the thing on, I found myself greeted by the Desktop screen. I also saw a sleeping digital pony with a little Z floating above her head. Every now and then it'd pop, only to be replaced by a new one.

"Observe."

Name: Honey
Title: 'Net Navigator
LV: 1
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stanina: N/A
Appearance: 3
Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 1
Intelligence: 6
Wits: 5
Perception: 6
Status: Sawing digital logs.

Awaken her?

I smiled. "Honey? I'm home!"

Sorry. I couldn't resist!

At that, the Z popped and she stretched, much like a cat, before standing up.

'Why hello, master! was your night restful?'

"It was! Nice to meet you."

'And you too, master. As you know, I am your Harmonious Online Network EnvoY. With any luck, we'll have a great partnership.'

"Looking forward to it! Firstly, bring us to the Chaos Auctions homepage, would you?"

'Yes sir! With pleasure!' she said before opening the browser that was there. Immediately, the site's banner was on full display, sized just correctly for the screen at its current resolution.

CHAOS AUCTIONS

In the upper right hoof corner was the amount of store credit that I had. I notced that Discord had also set me up with 2000 bits as a startup. 'He must REALLY want me to use this. Well, better not disappoint him.'

Scanning through the selections, I saw armour sets, artifacts, weapons, spellbooks, potions, scrolls, knick-knacks and much MUCH more! Some of it would cost me a year's worth of college funds to get. Even the penny candy versions were over 50 bits each!

Naturally, the effects of the candy that was on display would make Bayonetta jealous, BUT STILL!

Honey helped me as I selected a few items and added them to my cart, noticing that the skill scroll for 'Create Instant Dungeon' was already added to the cart.

As the numbers rolled down to their new total, Honey sat down, a hat with a satelite dish appearing on her head. 'Sending request..... Done!'

As little as five minutes later, I heard a tap at the window to my room. Sure enough, there was a miniature gyrocopter carrying a package.

"Your. Delivery. Sir." it said in an electronic voice.

It held out a transaction pad, Swiping my card along the slot on the side, I punched in the code and the copter dropped the package into my... hands, then flew off.

Opening the package, I saw a brand new set of Daiklaves (they'd never require polishing, would stay sharp and would appear with a vocal command. Also, they wouldn't harm friendlies or myself. One was of Monsilver and one of Starmetal.), a set of Soulsteel armour (it'd extend when combat scenarios made it necessary, or with a different vocal command), a set of spell books and skill books (Flaming Bolt, Chain Lightning/Energy Chain, Trap, Elemental Control, Mana Regeneration, Combat Skills 101, 102 and 103, Enchantment 101 and Counterspells), a set of potions (Mana, Health, Regen of both, Antidotes for various status ailments -I might not need them due to Gamer's Body, but somepony else might-, permanent buff potions and general reagents), which went right into my inventory).

Also there was a little something for my mother (An all-purpose cookbook, with over 4000 recipes, and a kit with a bunch of ingredients) and a pair of Knight's Arks for myself and for Sweetie Belle, come Hearts and Hooves Day, which was fast approaching. She always did like purposeful gifts.

Needless to say, anything that decided to mess with Sweetie or myself would deeply regret it for the rest of the time they had.

It had cost just about every bit in my account, but it was worth it.

Firstly, I picked the Create Instand Dungeon book up. A notification appeared.

Would you like to learn [Create Instant Dungeon]? [Y] [N]

"Yes." I said. The book disappeared and I could feel the skill enter my mind.

You have learned [Create Instant Dungeon LV 1]

In quick succession, I did the same for the other books

You have learned:
Flaming Bolt LV 1
Chain Lightning LV 1
Energy Chain LV 1
Trap LV 1

Flame Control LV 1
Water Control LV 1
Energy Control LV 1
Wind Control LV 1
Earth Control LV 1
Light Control+ LV 1
These skills have combined to form [Elemental Mastery] skill.

Combat Abilities (5)

Mana Regeneration

Item Enchantment
Runic Enchantments
Item Fusion
Item Evolution
These Skills have combined to form [Runemaster] skill.

Counter Magic
Dispel Magic
These Skills have combined to form [Magebane] skill.

That done, I stashed the rest of the items in my Inventory and prepared for school that day.

"Oh, right. Honey?"

'Yes, master?'

"Conceal the computer until I return, would you please?"

'Affirmative. Have a nice day. I'll be here if you need me.'

Author's Note:

1: No, really. That's what Friday is short for.
2: Yes, this is a reference to the app. #NotSpon.
3: S-A-F-E-T-Y.
4: I'm just going to take the lazy route here and say that he gets the Combat Abilities from https://www.khwiki.com/Abilities_(KH)