• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 1,723 Views, 17 Comments

Twilight Sparkle, the Writer - BluPony



Twilight always liked writing to the Princess. But her inspiration was growing weak..

  • ...
1
 17
 1,723

-3- The Inquirer


Twilight Sparkle, the Writer
The Blu Arc

~~~~Chapter 3~~~~

~~~~The Inquirer~~~~

The two quickly made it to the book-filled home. It wasn't too far from the house previous so both ponies kept the path in their minds.

"Well, here it is." Twilight stated as she looked to the tree.

"Huh, it really is a tree." Blu said to himself quietly. "Well then, after you." he said as he opened the door with his magic.

"Why thank you." the lavender pony said as she entered in with a small giggle.

There was a note on the small table that read: 'Went out with Rarity to get some more gems. Be back tonight.'

"Well, isn't that interesting. Guess you'll have to meet Spike tonight then." Twilight said as she 'ported the note to the fridge.


~~~~30 Minutes Ago~~~~

~~~~Character Focus: Spike~~~~


Spike decided to make some cookies for Twilight, seeing she was out longer than expected. That and he didn't feel like cleaning, so to make up for the time, snacks were in order. They didn't take very long, and the first batch was done, thanks to a little dragon fire.

Rarity burst in a bit abruptly. "Spike! This is the Worst. Possible. Thing!"

Spike called from the kitchen. "Twilight go a bit bonkers again? Or how bad are we talking here?" He wouldn't be surprised if the royal student did something drastic to learn stuff, as she rambled on last night about how she couldn't find anything else to learn.

"Actually, Sweetie Bell used all my gems on one of her designs for the Cutie Mark Crusaders stuff again and I need you to help me get more." she called back.

Spike took off his apron and took a cookie for himself and Rarity. Going into the living room, he offered it to her. "Sounds good to me. Cookie?"

"Well, I don't see why not." Taking it with her magic, she munched on it while Spike made a note for Twilight.


~~~~Refocus: Present~~~~


"Interesting, and who’s Spike again?" Blu asked curiously. He had never heard of Twilight having a coltfriend, and Spike sounded like an interesting pony.

"Oh, he's just my number one assistant. No need to worry about him shooting flames around."

"Flames?!" Blu exclaimed, but quickly remembered Trixie saying something about a small purple dragon boasting about how great Twilight was with magic. "Oh, right. Trixie mentioned seeing a small purple dragon when she was in town."

"Yep, that's my Spike." The lavender unicorn said with a small giggle. Smelling something from the kitchen, she strolled over and saw the cookies. "Seems Spike made some cookies for us. You want one before we start organizing?"

"I don't see why not." the light blue stallion replied while using his magic to grab a cookie. He then looked at the mess of assorted books and scrolls while munching on his cookie to find the best way to tackle what he saw before him.

Twilight planned a little for places to put them all while taking a bite from a cookie of her own. "Alright, let's see then." she started. "A few books here, some scrolls here.. Hmm.. Hey, would you mind laying out all the scrolls and books and counting them for me while I find some extra space downstairs to put it all?"

"Wuill dew." He replied with a bit of cookie in his mouth. Realizing she might not have understood him by the cute confused look on her face, he just nodded with a small smile and look to the task ahead of him.

Twilight smiled. He was a bit of a gentlecolt, cute, and could work when he wanted to. Satisfied, she went downstairs to get space ready.

Downstairs was a bit of a mess as well. She had her experiments in one section, experiment files, extra copies of friendship reports, and so on in other sections. Usually, her schedule said to keep everything organized, but since her studying last night did not go so well, things did not go according to plan.
She had almost pulled an all-nighter after rambling to Spike, and it had started to wear down on her as she opened up spaces for what she could remember bringing upstairs for her study spree.

She lazily sat on the small couch located in the center of the room to count the spaces.

“One. Two. *yawn* Three...”

Soft snoring filled the room.


"Twilight?" Blu said after he was done sorting and came downstairs to check on her. "Oh, I see." Laying on the couch after about an hour was the lavender mare, undoubtedly still tired from Celestia knows what. Spike was to come home soon and honestly, the blue stallion did not want to meet him alone.

Seemed he would not have to do much to wake her up. A quick tap on her shoulder and she woke up.

"The square root of 546 is 23.36664289109!" It also seemed she did math equations in her sleep, or more specifically, when she was overtired and woken up by anything but herself.

The woken up mare, after a few breaths, gave a yawn and looked in his direction. "Sweet Celestia, I must have fallen asleep. How long was I out?"

"About an hour I'd say." Blu replied. "How much sleep did you get last night?"

"Probably around three hours." Twilight answered. "Erm, sorry." she added with a small blush.

"It's fine, just try and get to sleep earlier tonight. It'll probably help out your sleeping pattern." the light blue unicorn suggested.

A knock was heard on the door upstairs. "I've got it." Blu told her and teleported upstairs to get it, figuring Twilight wouldn't be far behind.


Surprisingly, as he opened the door, he saw Pinkie Pie. "Oh, hey Blu! Where's Twi?" The pink pony asked happily.

"She should be behind me." Blu responded, looking back to see she in fact was not behind him. "Oh, she must be still downstairs. She fell asleep for an hour and woke up saying the square root of 546." He added with a chuckle.

"Silly Twi, she's smart like that, you'll get used to it." Pinkie said with a laugh. "Can I come in?"

"Oh, yeah, of course. I'll 'port downstairs to tell her you’re here." he said, backing up and turning around to make sure she did not already teleport upstairs before heading down again, and came face to face with the studious pony herself.

Twi giggled. "No need, I'm already here." she moved away so she could address her pink friend. "What brings you here Pinkie?"

"It was a bit of a rush back at Sugarcube Corner, so I came here for a break. Spike could be useful right now too." The cupcake baking pony answered.

"He's out with Rarity gathering some gems. He should be back soon but he'd probably be a bit tired so me and Blu could probably help out." the lavender mare answered.

"Maybe." the blue pony commented. "I still need to secure that house spot. There's no telling what will happen if I don't go for it. It could be sold to another pony or I might get involved in a bit bidding war."

"I can put in a good word for you. We just have to find out who's in charge of the house sale." Pinkie said happily.

"I can finish up here Blu. Go see Mayor Mare in Town Hall." Twilight suggested. "Oh, and sorry for keeping you for so long."

Blu laughed. "No worries, I'm sure I'll be on time. You think you can point me in the right direction Pinkie?"

"Of course." the pink mare told him as Blu opened the door with his magic. "Come over when you’re ready Twi!"

"Will do." she said and smiled at them. "See you later then."

"Bye Twi." Blu said as he and the party pony started their walk.

The lavender mare closed the door and went to work on bringing the books and scrolls downstairs. They were organized in alphabetical order so it was easy for her to bring down to her reserved spots for the items. In her head while she was walking downstairs she was thinking. ‘He called me Twi! That has to be a good sign, right?


It took her ten minutes to finish up her work. Spike came home with a sapphire in his hand. "Hey Twilight! How did the clean up go?"

"Great" She told him happily. "I met a new pony this morning and I have to head to Sugarcube Corner to help Pinkie out. You can head to bed early if you'd like."

Spike yawned. "Sounds great." A break sounded wonderful to the dragon. Not wondering about the 'new pony' at the time, he took a bite of his delicious stone of a prize, besides hanging out with his particular interest, and headed to his bed waving a claw goodbye.

The unicorn smiled and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~