• Published 3rd Mar 2019
  • 578 Views, 4 Comments

Sunset's Journey - Alphajeager1



Sunset appears on another earth with no memory and the power of a Kamen Rider

  • ...
8
 4
 578

S1E18 Furnace of Souls

The two Kamen Rider found themselves in what looked like a room of floating green crystals. They were over a pit, the bottom of which could not be seen.

“Woah!” shouted Symbol as a blast of fire roared up from the pit and into the air. She had to jerk back to avoid being burned as she had been peering over the edge.

Dante shielded his faceplate with his arm from the intense heat.

They both remembered what Kate had told them. “Wiseman’s chamber is located at the top of the core. There you two will be reunited with Vergil.”

“This is not going to be easy,” muttered Symbol. She complained more about Dante leaving her later.

“Yeah, but where’s the fun in it being easy?” questioned Dante as he made the jump to the first rock.

“Dante! Don’t you remember what Kate told us?!” shouted Symbol as she jumped after her brother. She narrowly made it as another blast of fire shot upwards.

Dante stumbled as he did indeed remember what Kate had warned them about. “Be careful. The life force of the trillions of females that Wiseman has killed is channelled through here. Don’t get caught up in the stream, no matter what!”

“We just have to jump the second each blast ends!” shouted Dante as he jumped to the third floating crystal rock.

“Easier said than done!” shouted Symbol as she narrowly avoided another blast of fire life energy.

Dante did not reply as he switched his Nephilim Ring for the Osiris Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open. [OPEN!] From Dante’s Driver came the Osiris magic circle that moved back through him. [O-S-I-R-I-S!] Transforming Dante into the Osiris Style. He drew the Osiris Scythe off his backplate and turned its handle. [HOOK MODE!] The scythe transformed into the Angel Lift that Dante hooked onto the bottom of a crystal that was floating in front of and above the platform he was on. He pulled himself up as he punched the Osiris Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [KICK STRIKE GO!] Dante kicked off the air behind him and was sent shooting forwards as he landed on the next crystal platform, only just making the jump.

Knowing that Symbol would be right behind him, Dante ran up the slope. He paused for five seconds as another blast of flame roared up from the pit and then kicked off the air behind himself. Dante was sent shooting forwards, clearing this gap with ease and landing on the next green crystal platform.

Symbol landed next to him, now in her Active Boost Bind Style, just as a Hell Knight Phantom and a Froze Knight Phantom burst from the ground. “You're already dress for the part, so you can take the Frost Knight Phantom, I’ll deal with the Hell Body rip off!” shouted Symbol.

“On it!” replied Dante. He punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot. [ONE!] The dice appeared and spun around several times before stopping on a one. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante spun around several times with the Osiris Scythe cutting away at the Frost Knight Phantom’s barrier.

Then the Frost Knight Phantom blocked a slash and hooked its sword into the Osiris Scythe’s blade, pulling Dante close. “Woah!” shouted Dante as sparks exploded from his chest plate. “Aw, shit!” shouted Dante as frost started to spread from the cut. He punched the Osiris Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards just before the frost froze it over. [KICK STRIKE GO!] The light blue wind covered Dante’s body as he dashed to the size. The sudden amount of movement and the surge of mana through his body disrupted the mana in the frost, stopping it from spreading before shattering it.

Dante closed in on the Frost Knight Phantom from behind at super speed as he punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot. [FIVE!] The dice appeared and spun around five times before stopping when it showed five dots. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante spun around, slashing the Frost Knight Phantom five times with the Osiris Scythe in under a second. It managed to turn around in time to block the hard downwards swing at the end of the combo with its barrier.

The Frost Knight Phantom slammed its sword into the ground, sending a line of ice at Dante. He easily rolled to the side, but sparks came from his right side as the Frost Knight Phantom was waiting for him with its sword ready. “Argh!” shouted Dante as he stumbled back. “Not bad!” he punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot again. [THREE!] Dante leapt into the air as the dice rolled onto three dots. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] He used the Osiris Scythe as a fishing rod to pull the Frost Knight Phantom up into the air, where it was helpless.

Dante punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot again as he twisted his hips. [ONE!] The dice rolled again, stopping on a one as Dante started to spin. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Sparks flew from the Frost Knight Phantom’s barrier as the Osiris Scythe bit into it multiple times with each of Dante’s complete spins.

Dante landed back on the ground, right before the Frost Knight Phantom came smashing down into the ground. He punched the Osiris Ring into the slot of the Osiris Scythe. [SIX!] The dice appeared and spun around six times before stopping when it showed six dots. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante ran forwards and rammed the Osiris Scythe into the Frost Knight Phantom’s back, just as it was getting up. The Frost Knight Phantom’s shield absorbed most of the attack, but then it shattered. Sparks flew from the Frost Knight Phantom’s back as the Osiris Scythe’s blade bit into its back.

The Frost Knight Phantom spun around and Dante blocked its black with the shaft of the Osiris Scythe. Only to be punched across the faceplate by the Frost Knight Phantom’s free fist. “Ow!” he stumbled back in pain and was slashed across the chest plate by the Frost Knight Phantom’s blade. Frost started to spread over his body. “Not again!” shouted Dante right before he was completely frozen. The Frost Knight Phantom slashed him again, sending Dante flying out of the ice and over the edge of the platform.

“Dante!” shouted Sunset, taking her attention away from the Hell Knight Phantom for a second and being shield bashed in the faceplate. “Owie!”

“I’m fine!” shouted Dante. He turned the Osiris Scythe’s handle. [HOOK MODE!] This made it transform into the Angel Lift. Dante hooked it into the Frost Knight Phantom and was able to pull himself back onto the platform before the Frost Knight Phantom shook the Angel Lift off its body.

Dante drew Ivory and punched the Osiris Ring into the back of its hammer. [OSIRIS!] Two rings of light blue and a single red of white magical energy were pulled into the white hand cannon. [IVORY STRIKE!] Dante took aim and fired a single light blue energy beam. It slammed into the Frost Knight Phantom as it used its blade to block and force the beam back, albeit at a slower pace.

Dante stopped the beam and rolled to the side as he punched the Osiris Ring into the back of Ebony’s Hammer while firing a spike from Kablooey into the Frost Knight Phantom’s back as it ran past him. [OSIRIS!] Three rings of energy were pulled into Ebony, one was black and the other two were light blue. [EBONY STRIKE!] Dante let go of the trigger and fired a burst of light blue and black bullets into the Frost Knight Phantom, along with another spike from Kablooey. The Frost Knight Phantom was able to block the bullets with its energy shield, but the spike stabbed into it.

The Frost Knight Phantom slammed its sword into the ground, sending a wave of ice at Dante. “That’s new!” shouted Dante as he punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot. [ONE!] The dice rolled and stopped on a one. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante spun the Osiris Scythe several times to build up speed before ramming it into the ice wave. His arm jerked, instead of cutting through the ice wave as he planned, the Osiris Scythe was stopped by the ice. Ice spread over the polearm and quickly froze Dante into a block of it before he even had time to swear.

The Frost Knight Phantom ran forwards and rammed its sword into the ice block, shattering it and sending Dante flying with sparks coming from his body. He slammed into the ground and slid back several feet before flipped back to his boots. “That hurt!” his visors shone in rage as he switched the Osiris Ring for the Aquila Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open. [OPEN!] The Aquila magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [A-Q-U-I-L-A!] Transforming Dante into the Aquila Style. The Frost Knight Phantom ran at Dante as he punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Star’s slot. [FOUR!] The dice appeared and spun, stopping on a four. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante launched the Aquila Stars at the Frost Knight Phantom they circled around it, transforming into a ring of light blue light that slammed closed, trapping the Phantom’s arms to its body. Sparks came from the Frost Knight Phantom as the inside of the ring acted as a buzzsaw cutting into the Phantom’s body.

Dante took this opening to fire another pair of spikes from Kablooey into the Frost Knight Phantom then he punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Star’s slot. [TWO!] The dice appeared and spun, stopping when it displayed two light blue dots. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante pulled back the Aquila Stars and hurled them forwards. They spun through the air and circled around the Frost Knight Phantom, transforming into a circle of light blue light. The circle slammed closed around the Phantom, further trapping it. But it did not end there, the circle moved back towards Dante, pulling the helpless Frost Knight Phantom along with it.

Dante made a third set of Aquila Stars appear in his gloves and punched the Aquila Ring into their slot. [FIVE!] The dice spun so that it displayed five dots. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante covered himself in the light blue wind and charged forwards, shoulder charging the Frost Knight Phantom and sending it flying, breaking it free of both binds.

“Time to finish this fight!” Dante punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Star’s slot. [SIX!] The dice spun around once, changing sides so that it now showed six light blue dots. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante let the light blue wind gather around him as he twisted his body slightly. Then he jumped into the air while spinning. A tornado of the light blue wind formed around him as he closed in on the Frost Knight Phantom. It was at the edge of the platform they were on so it had nowhere to go and was slashed over and over again by the Aquila Stars as Dante spun. Sparks flew from its body as the light blue wind cut into it, adding to the damage that the Phantom was already on the receiving end of.

Dante stopped spinning and slammed both of his boots into the Frost Knight Phantom’s chest. It was sent flying over the edge of the platform and into the endless drop. Dante looked over the edge and held up Kablooey. He pressed down on the gun’s second trigger. [BOOM!] The four spikes he had shot into the Frost Knight Phantom exploded, causing the Phantom to explode as well.

Symbol had been fighting against the Hell Knight Phantom just as hard as her brother had been fighting the Frost Knight Phantom.

Symbol switched the Bind Ring for the Defend Ring and struck her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Then Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [BOOST DEFEND PLEASE!] Symbol jumped to the right as she held her right glove out to the side. The Hell Knight Phantom’s back came down just where she had been standing as the defend magic circle appeared in Symbol’s flight path and she passed through it. Transforming into the Active Boost Defend Style. Symbol landed back on the ground and combat rolled as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author and yelped as she turned around, seeing the Hell Knight Phantom’s blade arcing towards her faceplate. [DEFEND MAGIC PLEASE!] Symbol used the Defend Shield to block the attack but was still send skidding backwards from the force of the attack. She would have fallen off the edge if she had not triggered the Boost Grieves to cancel out her momentum.

“Alright, I’m not going to last long like this, so its time for a bit more power!” Symbol switched the Active Ring for the Giga Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever. [MAGICAL TOUCH HENSHIN!] She scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [GIGA PLEASE!] Symbol held her left glove down to the ground and the Giga magic circle appeared under her boots before rising up through her. [BREAK THROUGH!] Transforming Symbol into the Giga Style. The Hell Knight Phantom ran forwards and slammed its sword into Symbol’s chest plate, drawing a few sparks but not enough to phase the Kamen Rider as she drew the Giga Axe. She pulled on the Giga Axe’s thumb, opening its Hand Author. [COME ON A SMASH SHAKE HANDS!] Then Symbol scanned her left glove over the Giga Axe’s Hand Author. [GIGA SMASH STRIKE!] Green magical energy surged through the Giga Axe as Symbol swung it up and brought it down. “Giga Strike!” shouted Symbol as the Giga Axe slammed into the Hell Knight Phantom’s shield, sending the Phantom sliding back.

Symbol had enough room to convert the Giga Axe into the Giga Spear as she pulled on its thumb, causing its Hand Author to open once more. [COME ON A STAB SHAKE HANDS!] Symbol scanned the Giga Ring over the Giga Spear’s Hand Author. [GIGA! STAB STRIKE!] Green magical energy swirled around the Giga Spear as Symbol drew it back. The Hell Knight Phantom saw this and stabbed its sword into the ground. “No, you don’t! Piercing Giga!” shouted Symbol as she hurled the Giga Spear forwards. It transformed into a bolt of green magical energy that roared forwards, aiming for the Hell Knight Phantom’s head. Just before the bolt could hit its target, a wall of magma exploded from the ground, blocking it. The bolt transformed back into the Giga Spear that spiralled through the air, Symbol jumped up and caught it before landing back on the ground as the magma wall faded to reveal an unharmed Hell Knight Phantom.

“That was new,” commented Symbol as she added the Bombardment and Drill Rings to her right glove, then pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Hell Knight Phantom tried to pull its sword from the ground. [BOMBARDMENT DRILL PLEASE!] She held her right glove down to the ground as the two magic circles appeared before rising up through her. The Hell Knight Phantom looked to be having some trouble as its sword was stuck into a floor made of diamond-hard crystal.

Before Symbol could fire, she looked to the side and her visors went wide as she saw Dante being blown off the edge of the platform. “Dante!” shouted Sunset, taking her attention away from the Hell Knight Phantom for a second and being shield bashed in the faceplate as it got its sword out of the ground. “Owie!”

“I’m fine!” shouted Dante.

Anything else Dante might have said was lost to Symbol as she took another slash across the chest plate. The Hell Knight Phantom seemed to have learned and was charging its sword with a layer of blazing energy that cancelled out the Giga Style’s toughness. Symbol quickly hit her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever three times. [MAGICAL TOUCH SPELL!] Then she scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [GIGA A RANK SPELL!] Green magical energy surged up her arms as she crossed them, blocking the next downwards swing from the Hell Knight Phantom’s sword, not taking any damage from it this time.

Symbol uncrossed her arms, making the Hell Knight Phantom stagger from the sudden loss of resistance as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever once. [MAGICAL TOUCH SPELL!] Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as green magical energy swirled inwards. [GIGA C RANK SPELL!] She covered her right glove in green magical energy as she pulled back her fist and slammed it forwards. The Hell Knight Phantom got its shield up just in time but was still taken off its feet by the force behind the blow.

“Now’s my chance!” shouted Symbol as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIC GO!] The Hell Knight Phantom got back up as Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [BOMBARDMENT MAGIC PLEASE!] The Spiral Cannon took aim and fired a wide beam of blue spiralling energy. It soared through the air and slammed into the Hell Knight Phantom’s shield. At first, the Phantom was pushed back, but at then its feet got a grip in the ground and it started to force the beam back as it moved forwards.

“All right, if that's how you wanna play!” Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIC GO!] Purple magical energy started to gather around the Spiral Cannon as Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [DRILL MAGIC PLEASE!] The Spiral Cannon fired a beam of purple magical energy that wrapped around the blue energy beam as a tight spiral. There was a loud cracking noise before the Hell Knight Phantom’s shield exploded. The fragments exploded outwards with enough force to cancel out the beam, saving the Hell Knight Phantom from death.

“Let's do this!” shouted Symbol as she switched the rings on her right glove for the Punch and Quake Rings. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] The Hell Knight Phantom got back up as Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [PUNCH QUAKE PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the two magic circles moved through her as the Hell Knight Phantom charged. Transforming Symbol into the Giga Punch Quake Style. As the Hell Knight Phantom got closer, Symbol hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIC GO!] Symbol pulled back her left glove as she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [QUAKE MAGIC PLEASE!] The piston on Symbol’s left glove pulled back as Symbol slammed it into the ground. The right piston fired and the ground shook from the force of the punch, making the Hell Knight Phantom fall over.

Symbol ran towards the Hell Knight Phantom as she struck her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIC GO!] The Hell Knight Phantom had just started to get back up as Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [PUNCH MAGIC PLEASE!] It got back up just in time for an uppercut to slam into its face. The already primmed piston on Symbol’s left wrist fired and the Phantom shot upwards into the air.

“Finale!” stated Symbol as the Phantom fell back towards the ground. She pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever four times. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO! VERY NICE!] The Hell Knight Phantom was nearing the ground as Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [GIGA! S RANK SPELL! THE BEST!] Green magical energy swirled around her fists as both of the pistons pulled back. Symbol slammed her fists into the ground. “Magma Blade!” out of which exploded a black of magma that slammed into the Phantom, washing over it. Several seconds later a powerful explosion ripped through the area as the Hell Knight Phantom died.

“That was a bit of a workout,” stated Dante as he jumped the gap, narrowly missing the surge of flame that tore up from the pit. Knowing the Symbol would be right behind him, he ran up the slope, then jumped to another platform made of crystal, that had a tree on it for some reason.

He let the Aquila Stars appear and pressed the button on them before slamming them together. [HOOK MODE!] The Aquila Stars broke apart and combined into the Angel Lift. Dante used it to pull himself up to the bottom of a floating rock and then pressed the Aquila Ring into his Driver’s left slot before turning his wrist forwards. [KICK STRIKE GO!] Dante was covered in the light blue wind as he kicked off the air behind him. He shot forwards and used the Angel Lift to pull himself over to another rock before kicking off the air behind himself once more.

Dante landed on the next platform made of green crystal.

Symbol landed next to him in her Swift Wing Zoomer Style.

Five Elite Blade Phantoms pulled themselves out of the ground.

“Nuts!” muttered Symbol.

“At least it can’t get any worse,” Dante made the mistake of saying.

“Don’t say that!” shouted Symbol.

It was too late as a Butcher Phantom pulled itself out of the ground with its buzzsaws roaring.

Symbol glared at her brother.

“Sunset, I really don’t think we are talking cause and effect here,” Dante defended himself.

“You're fighting the Butcher Phantom this time!” Symbol snarled out.

“Got it,” muttered Dante as it was clear that his sister was mad.

Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever once. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO!] The five Elite Blade Phantom charged at Symbol as she scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SWIFT! C RANK SPELL!] She crossed her left glove across her chestplate and fired five orbs of yellow magical energy. They shot towards the Elite Blade Phantoms, only for the Phantoms to block them with the flat sides of their blades. Sparks sprayed in all directions but the orbs were unable to do any damage.

Three of the Elite Blade Phantoms continued their charge, while the other two slammed their blades into the ground, sending a line of fire at Symbol. She pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Elite Blade Phantoms jumped into the air, letting the lines of fire pass under them. [WING MAGIC PLEASE!] Symbol vanished, the Elite Blade Phantoms came down, slamming their swords into the ground. They looked around for several seconds and went back to back. Suddenly, sparks flew from the other two Elite Blade Phantoms as they were assaulted by a yellow blur. Sparks flew from all directions at the blur looked to be everywhere at once. In reality, Symbol was just flying incredibly fast, assaulting the two Elite Blade Phantoms at such speeds that it looked like she was everywhere at once.

Suddenly, Symbol stooped, she stood on the ground and pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever four times. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO! VERY NICE!] The five Elite Blade Phantoms turned towards her as she scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SWIFT! S RANK SPELL! THE BEST!] She spread all four of her Speed Wings as they blazed with yellow magical energy. “High Speed!” shouted Symbol as she fired four bolts of yellow magical energy that rocketed through the air. They zoomed towards the two Elite Blade Phantoms that were on their own. Symbol was aiming to kill both of them but one of the Elite Blade Phantoms pulled the other in front of it! “Talk about comradeship!” muttered Symbol as the Elite Blade Phantom was hit by all four bolts and consumed by a loud explosion.

“Argh!” shouted Symbol as one of the three Elite Blade Phantoms that had been chasing her closed the distance. Sparks flew from her chest plate as the Elite Blade Phantom slashed her. Symbol staggered back as she switched the Wing Ring for the Turbo Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] The Elite Blade Phantom set itself on fire and slashed at her but Symbol ducked out of the way as she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [TURBO ZOOMER PLEASE!] She held her right glove into the air and the turbo magic circle appeared before falling through her, transforming Symbol into the Swift Turbo Zoomer Style. The Elite Blade Phantom had been knocked back several paces by the turbo magic circle, but it quickly closed the distance again. Symbol glanced to the side and saw that the other three Elite Blade Phantoms were also getting closer.

‘I’ve got to finish this! Fast!’ thought Symbol as she struck her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] The Elite Blade Phantom slashed down towards Symbol as she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [ZOOMER MAGIC PLEASE!] Red magical energy surged around her body as her visors glowed. Time slowed down around Symbol. She looked up and gulped, the Elite Blade Phantom’s sword was an inch away from her helmet.

“That was close,” Symbol took a step back as she hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] The Elite Blade Phantom finished its swing, missing her as she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [TURBO MAGIC PLEASE!] The right Turbo Gauntlet whined to life as Symbol pulled back her right fist and punched the Elite Blade Phantom, sending it flying back and crashing into two of the other three Elite Blade Phantoms.

The fourth Elite Blade Phantom turned to its fellow Phantoms, taking its eyes of Symbol for a second. Which was all the time she needed to change to the Arrow and Sniper Rings while pressing down on her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Elite Blade Phantom that was still on its feet turned back to her. [ARROW SNIPER PLEASE!] Then Symbol held her right glove into the air as the two magic circles appeared and fell through her, transforming Symbol into her Swift Arrow Sniper Style. She slammed her glove down on her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever four times. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO! VERY NICE!] Symbol pointed the Sniper Crossbow at the Elite Blade Phantom as she scanned the Swift Ring over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SWIFT! S RANK SPELL! THE BEST!] Yellow magical energy gathered in a sphere at the tip of the Sniper Crossbow. Symbol braced it against her shoulder pauldron as the Elite Blade Phantom rammed its sword into the ground. “Arrow Buster!” before the Elite Blade Phantom could fire a line of fire at Symbol, she pulled the trigger. The orb transformed into a beam, the tip of which was shaped like an arrowhead. It closed the distance in a heartbeat, smashing a hole in the Elite Blade Phantom’s stomach, then it blasted a second hole through another Elite Blade Phantom. Yellow lightning crackled over both of their bodies as they both fell over and exploded.

“Three down, two to go,” muttered Symbol as she saw the other two Elite Blade Phantom’s slam their swords into the ground. “No, you don’t!” she switched the Swift Ring for the Burst Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever. [MAGICAL TOUCH HENSHIN!] Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the two Elite Blade Phantom’s set themselves on fire. [BURST PLEASE!] She held her left glove out to the side, the burst magic circle appeared behind her and moved through her as the flames were pulled down the Elite Blade Phantom’s swords. [CAST THE SPELL!] Transforming Symbol into her Burst Style as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever three times. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO!] Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Elite Blade Phantoms fired flames along the ground towards her. [BURST! A RANK SPELL!] Right before the two lines of flame could slam into Symbol, a wall of earth burst from the ground, stopping the hot attack cold.

While in cover, behind her wall, Symbol added the Sand and Glass Rings to her right glove before pressing down on her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] The Elite Blade Phantoms started to approach the wall as Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SAND GLASS PLEASE!] She held her right glove out to the side as the two magic circles appeared and passed through her. The Elite Blade Phantoms got around the wall at ran at Symbol as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] The Elite Blade Phantoms leapt at her as Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SAND MAGIC PLEASE!] Just before the Elite Blade Phantoms were able to make contact with Symbol, a storm of sandblasted out of her body and slammed into the Elite Blade Phantoms, sending the both of them flying backwards with sparks coming from their body as the tinny grains of sand went up in tiny explosions. They were sent flying over the edge and exploded. “Huh,” Symbol blinked. “That was easier than I thought it was going to be,” she commented.

Dante made a big mistake at the start of his fight. “At least this can’t get any worse.”

Then a second Butcher Phantom pulled itself out of the ground.

“Ok, now I KNOW it can’t get any worse. I don’t care what Sunset says. That is not a case of cause and effect,” stated Dante.

Then a Wizard Phantom appeared out of thin air.

“Ok, maybe what Sunset said has some merit and I should just shut up now,” whimpered Dante. He took note of his opponents. “There is no way I can fight all three of them at once as normal. I’ll use Angel Trigger Style to take out the Wizard Phantom and avoid the Butcher Phantoms. Then I’ll use the Devil Trigger Style to remove the Butcher Phantoms,” planned Dante to himself.

Dante slid the Trigger Ring in its Angel Mode onto his left middle finger and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [TRIGGER!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [GO ANGEL!] The angel trigger magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [AN-AN-AN-ANGEL!] Transforming Dante into his Angel Trigger Style. He grabbed the Rebellion Magnum in its Aquila Mode as it appeared in the air. Dante punched the Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum. [ANGEL ONE!] He pointed the gun out to the side as a wind blue one appeared next to the Rebellion Magnum’s skull. Dante jumped over ten buzzsaws that were sent flying at him as he pulled the trigger. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Five bullets flew to the side and arced around, slamming into the Wizard Phantom from the side, putting over a dozen cracks into its shield.

Dante glanced at the Butcher Phantoms and saw them getting ready to throw more saws at him. He punched the Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum. [ANGEL TWO!] The holographic one transformed into a holographic two. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante took aim and fired a pair of bullets that flew past the Butcher Phantoms and circled around the Wizard Phantom. They formed into a circle of light blue light that slammed inwards. Crushing the Wizard Phantom’s shield and shattering it. The circle bound the Wizard Phantom’s arms to its sides and moved back towards Dante at high speeds. The Butcher Phantoms threw their buzzsaws forwards, the circle-shaped saws roared through the air, just as the Wizard Phantom was pulled between them and Dante. Sparks exploded from the back of the Wizard Phantom as it was cut into by the buzzsaws.

Micro-explosions went off around the Wizard Phantom before it went up in a massive explosion.

“Thanks a lot, you two!” Dante shouted at the Butcher Phantoms as he changed the Trigger Ring from its Angel Mode into its Devil Mode. [TRIGGER!] Dante punched the Trigger Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close before opening again. [DEVIL GO!] The devil trigger magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [DE-DE-DE-DEVIL!] Transforming him into his Devil Trigger Style. Dante grabbed the Rebellion Magnum in its Eryx Mode and punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of it. [TWO! DEVIL!] A flame red holographic one with earth red outlines appeared next to the Rebellion Magnum’s skull. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante took aim at the first Butcher Phantom and fired three bursts of red magical energy. It blocked the first burst with its buzzsaws, the second broke its guard and the third slammed into its face making sparks explode from it.

Suddenly, Dante heard the sound of buzzsaws cutting through the air. He punched the Devil Trigger Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [GO! DEVIL!] Red magical energy ran from his belt, into his right boot. [KICK STRIKE!] Dante spun around, kicking the five buzzsaws that had been flying at him away. They were covered in red magical energy and went shooting back, drawing sparks from the second Butcher Phantom.

Dante took aim at the first Butcher Phantom and punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum. [THREE! DEVIL!] The two changed into a three as Dante lined up his shot. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] The Butcher Phantom threw a large vertical buzzsaw at Dante, just as he fired a beam of red magical energy from the Rebellion Magnum. The beam hit the buzzsaw just as it arced upwards, sending the buzzsaw shooting into the air. The Butcher Phantom stomped forwards, only to be brained over the top of it by its own buzzsaw as it came back down.

“Now’s my chance!” while the first Butcher Phantom was still stunned, Dante pressed down on the Rebellion Magnum’s trigger. [DEVIL!] Ten rings of flame red magical energy were pulled into the Rebellion Magnum’s barrel as it started charging up. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante took aim and pulled the trigger. “Uppercut!” out of the Rebellion Magnum roared a beam of red magical energy that arched upwards, slamming into the first Butcher Phantom and carrying it into the air. Sparks flew from its body while micro explosions went off around it as the beam pressed into the first Butcher Phantom. After five seconds of continuous damage coming from the beam, the Butcher Phantom went up in a massive explosion.

Dante turned around. “Argh!” just in time for the second Butcher Phantom to punch him in the faceplate. He was sent flying back with sparks coming from his faceplate. He landed back on the ground and slid along his back for several seconds, he got back up and his visors glowed with fury.

Dante punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum. [FOUR! DEVIL!] The holographic three turned into a holographic four. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante jumped into the air as the Rebellion Magnum’s barrel started to glow with red magical energy. He pointed it down and fired a column-sized beam that slammed into the Butcher Phantom. It crossed both of its buzzsaws as sparks splayed out in all directions. The Butcher Phantom was pushed back and slammed into a pillar, breaking its guard and making micro explosions go off around it as it was hammed into the pillar by this massive amount of magical power.

Dante landed back on the ground as the Butcher Phantom was getting back up, he punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum again. [FIVE! DEVIL!] The four transformed into a five as Dante pointed the Rebellion Magnum up into the air. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] He fired five shots of red magical energy that shot into the air, arced downwards and slammed into the Butcher Phantom. They detonated in massive explosions that made sparks explode from the Phantom’s body.

Dante landed back on the ground. “One more to go,” he murmured as he punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum. [SIX! DEVIL!] The six increased its value by one and turned into a six. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante took aim as red magical energy gathered within the Rebellion Magnum. He pulled the trigger and fired a massive beam of red magical energy that raced forwards and slammed into the Butcher Phantom. Sparks were sprayed in all directions as the beam made the sound of metal on a chainsaw against the Butcher Phantoms body. When the beam tapered off, the Butcher Phantom fell to its knees, badly injured.

“Time to end this!” shouted Dante as he held the Rebellion Magnum at arm's length and held down on its trigger. [DEVIL!] Ten rings of burning red magical energy were pulled into the Rebellion Magnum. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante let go of the Rebellion Magnum’s trigger. “Snake Eyes!” firing a red magical energy blast that transformed into a construct of the Eryx Gauntlets. It smashed into the Butcher Phantom and exploded in a cloud of red energy.

When the smoke from the explosion cleared, the Butcher Phantom was still alive but had red lightning sparking over its body. “Die already!” shouted Dante as he punched the Devil Trigger Ring into his Driver’s left slot. [GO! DEVIL!] Dante turned his wrist forwards as red magical energy was pulled from the air like shooting stars into his right boot. [KICK STRIKE!] He dashed forwards and buried his right boot into the Butcher Phantom’s face. Sparks exploded from it as the Butcher Phantom had now had micro explosions going off around its body before it exploded.

[SET!] [OPEN!] [A-Q-U-I-L-A!] With the fight now over, Dante transformed back into the Aquila Style and jumped to a rock, then he leapt to a second rock before jumping to a third rock.

But the next gap was too far. Dante looked around for a second. “That could work,” he switched the Aquila Ring for the Arbiter Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The arbiter magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [A-R-B-I-T-E-R!] Transforming Dante into the Arbiter Style. He took the Arbiter Axe off his backplate and turned his handle. [GRAPPLE MODE!] Making the polearm, shift into the Demon Pulled. Dante used it to yank a floating green crystal rock over from the side. “Perfect!” he jumped to the rock, then to the next platform.

Dante used the Demon Pull to pulled a piece of rubble away from another rock. “This is going to get really old really fast,” he muttered to himself. Dante switched the Arbiter Ring for the Osiris Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Osiris magic circle appeared from his Driver and moved back through him. [O-S-I-R-I-S!] Transforming Dante into the Osiris Style as he turned the Osiris Scythe’s handle. [HOOK MODE!] The polearm shifted into the Angel Pull and Dante used it to pull himself up to the rock. While in mid-air he punched the Osiris Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [KICK STRIKE GO!] Dante was wrapped in the light blue wind as he kicked off the air behind him and shot forwards landing on the next island.

Symbol landed behind her brother on the island in her Swift Wing Sniper Style.

At that moment a Ravager Phantom and a Hell Knight Phantom burst from the ground.

“Dante I swear if you say: “This can’t get any worse” or “It's not at bad as it could have been” I’m throwing you off this island,” Symbol promised her brother.

“What about-?” Dante started to ask.

“No!” shouted Symbol. “Nothing along those lines!”

“But-” began Dante.

“Period!” shouted Symbol.

“Ok,” Dante’s sister could be scary sometimes!

“You're already dressed for it, so you take the Hell Knight Phantom. I’ll handle the Ravager Phantom,” ordered Symbol.

“Fine,” Dante switched the Osiris Ring for the Eryx Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Eryx magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [E-R-Y-X!] Transforming Dante into the Eryx Style. Just as the transformation was completed, the Hell Knight Phantom stabbed its sword into the ground. Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Eryx Gauntlet. [TWO!] A flame red holographic dice appeared above the right Eryx Gauntlet and spun around before stopping on a pair of flame red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante pulled back his right fist and slammed it into the ground, making a tri-pronged barrier appear and block the circle of flames as the ground burst into flame around the Hell Knight Phantom.

Dante ran up the barrier and jumped off it as he punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Erx Gauntlet. [FIVE!] The dice rolled once more, landing on a five. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante covered his right fist in red magical energy as he went shooting down, slamming his right fist into the Hell Knight Phantom’s shield. The Phantom’s knees buckled but it was still able to throw Dante off and slash him across the chest plate, making sparks spray out.

Dante stumbled back as he punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Eryx Gauntlet once more. [ONE!] The dice rolled onto a one as red flames covered the Eryx Gauntlets. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante punched the Hell Knight Phantom’s shield once with a right hook. Then he lashed out with a left straight before ending the combo on a right downwards swing.

Each blow drove the Hell Knight Phantom back, but it was able to throw its shield to the side at attempted a slash at Dante’s neck. Only to miss as Dante jumped back and punched the Eryx Ring into the slot on the right Eryx Gauntlet again. [FOUR!] The dice changed sides, now it showed four red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante covered the left Eryx Gauntlet in flame red magical energy as he dashed forwards and slammed his fist towards the Hell Knight Phantom’s face.

The Phantom was able to block with its shield but was still sent skidding backwards. It slammed its sword into the ground and fired a wave of flame from the ground at Dante. He punched the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlet’s slot. [TWO!] The dice spun onto a pair of red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] The left Eyx Gauntlet was covered in red magical energy as Dante slammed it into the ground once more creating another three-pronged shield from the ground.

Only for Dante to quickly realised that the barrier was not high enough to stop the wave of fire which was quickly approaching. “This isn’t good,” muttered Dante as he pressed the trigger inside the left Eryx Gauntlet. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy surged around her right fist, mixing with flames as Dante pulled it back and punched his own barrier, shattering it. “Slam!” shouted Dante as the barrier transformed into a dome around him with six prongs. Dante started to sweat as little as the flames roared up the dome but he was left completely unharmed by the attack.

“That shield has to go,” muttered Dante as he punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Eryx Gauntlet once more. [SIX!] The dice rolled onto a six as red magical energy charged into the right Eryx Gauntlet. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante pulled back his right fist and slammed it towards the Hell Knight Phantom. Which blocked with its shield, only to be sent sliding back with a crack cutting through the centre of the shield.

“Now!” shouted Dante as he ran towards the Hell Knight Phantom while pressing down on the left Eryx Gauntlet’s trigger. [FIST STRIKE!] A massive surge of red magical energy covered the left Eryx Gauntlet and formed into a construct. It followed Dante’s movements as he slammed his fist forwards. “Snake Eyes!” despite knowing that it was what he wanted, the Hell Knight Phantom blocked with its shield again. The shield shattered as the left Eryx Gauntlet and the construct slammed into the Hell Knight Phantom’s shield. The fragments of shield exploded, sending the Hell Knight Phantom staggering backwards.

Before Dante was able to do anything else, the Hell Knight Phantom was covered in an explosion of flame that sent Dante flying back. He hit the ground with a low *BOOM!* then he got back up and saw that a red aura had covered the Hell Knight Phantom. “You can do that now?!” he demanded. “That’s bullshit!”

The Hell Knight Phantom charged. Dante had seen this glow several times and knew full well what its effect was and was prepared. He punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Eryx Gauntlet. [TWO!] The dice appeared and spun around several times, stopping on a pair of red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante pulled back his right fist and slammed it into the ground, making the three-pronged barrier appear once more.

The Hell Knight Phantom smashed through the barrier like it was made of glass and slashed at Dante. Who dodged and fired four spikes from Kablooey into the Hell Knight Phantom’s body. The Hell Knight Phantom kicked Dante’s boots out from under him. Dante landed on his backplate and looked up, seeing the Hell Knight Phantom lift up its sword. The Phantom slammed its sword down, just as Dante rolled out of the way. He gulped when he saw the sword crack crystal.

From his position on the ground, Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Eryx Gauntlet. [THREE!] The dice appeared and spun, stopping when it displayed three red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante got to one knee guard as he threw an uppercut with his left fist. The left Eryx Gauntlet met the Hell Knight Phantom’s sword on it's second downward swung. Red energy was blasted in all directions.

Dante could have sworn that he heard Symbol shout his name as the sword started to force his fist back down. Dante pressed the trigger inside the left Eryx Gauntlet. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy surged around Dante’s right fist before peeling off to form a construct of the Eryx Gauntlet. The two fists smashed into the Hell Knight Phantom’s sword, cracks spread through it before the sword shattered into a billion pieces.

The Hell Knight Phantom’s aura flickered and faded. Dante would have grinned if he was in his human form as he pressed the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlet’s slot. [ONE!] The dice appeared and spun, stopping on a single red dot. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy surged into the Eryx Gauntlets as Dante punched the Hell Knight Phantom in the face with a right hook, then ducked it in the stomach with a left punch before double punching the Phantom in the face, sending it flying backwards.

Dante pressed a button in the right Eryx Gauntlet as he slammed them together. [GRAPPLE MODE!] The two gauntlets broke into pieces and combined into the Demon Pull. Dante hooked it onto the Hell Knight Phantom in mid-flight and yanked it back towards him as he turned the Demon Pull’s handle [FIST MODE!] The grappling hook broke into pieces and transformed back into the Eryx Gauntlets.

As the Hell Knight Phantom came flying through the air, Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlet’s slot. [SIX!] The dice spun around several times, stopping when it showed six red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante covered his right fist in red magical energy as he pulled it back and slammed it into the Hell Knight Phantom’s face. Its momentum was painfully cancelled as it flipped through the air and landed on its face.

Dante punched the Eryx Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [GO! KICK STRIKE!] The Hell Knight Phantom had just started to get back up as Dante’s right boot was covered in red magical energy. “Snake Eyes!” Dante spun around and side kicked the Hell Knight Phantom in the face, sending it flying with sparks coming from its head as it tore a hole in the ground with its body.

Dante pulled out Kablooey and pressed the gun’s second trigger. [BOOM!] All of the spikes embedded into the Hell Knight Phantom exploded at the same time, taking out the Hell Knight Phantom.

Symbol dodged away from the Ravager Phantom as it set itself on fire and charged at her. She switched the Swift Ring for the Burst Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever. [MAGICAL TOUCH HENSHIN!] Then she scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Ravager Phantom turned around again. [BURST PLEASE!] Symbol held her left glove out to the side and the burst magic circle appeared, passing through her. [CAST THE SPELL!] It stopped in front of Symbol, blocking the Ravager Phantom’s sword as it threw up sparks against it.

Symbol took this opportunity to strike her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever once. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO!] She scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the burst magic circle faded away. [BURST! C RANK SPELL!] Four sparks appeared in the air, just in front of the Ravager Phantom. Before the Phantom had any chance to react, the sparks exploded into fireballs. Which slammed into it making a few sparks explode off its body, but not many.

The Phantom was slightly dizzy, which gave Symbol enough time to add the Steam and Mirror Rings to her right glove before pressing her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] She scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [STEAM MIRROR PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the two magic circles appeared, they passed over her, transforming her into her Burst Steam Mirror Style.

The Ravager Phantom recovered and revved up its chainsaw as Symbol slammed her glove down on her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Ravager Phantom set itself on fire. [MIRROR MAGIC PLEASE!] The Phantom cut across with its chainsaw, only for a circle of mirrors to appear around Symbol. The second the Ravager Phantom’s chainsaw made contact, the force was reflected back at it, causing the Phantom to stagger back in shock.

While the Ravager Phantom was in shock, Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever twice. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO!] Then she scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the water vapour in the air started to freeze over. [BURST! B RANK SPELL!] The Ravager Phantom recovered, just in time to be assaulted by four shurikens made of ice that froze out of nowhere.

While the Ravager Phantom was stuck dealing with its four pests, Symbol switched the Steam Ring for the Dust Ring and hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Then Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [DUST MIRROR PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the dust magic circle appeared before moving through her. Transforming Symbol into her Burst Dust Mirror Style.

The Ravager Phantom let loose with a surge of heat from its body, melting the ice shurikens as Symbol hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] The Ravager Phantom charged at the Kamen Rider as she scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [MIRROR MAGIC PLEASE!] A wall of mirrors appeared in front of the Ravager Phantom. It slammed into them, only to find the force and heat of its own attack reflected back at it, sending it flying back from all of that kinetic and thermal energy.

Then Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once more. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Ravager Phantom impacted a rock with a crashing noise. [DUST MAGIC PLEASE!] Symbol let loose with a blast of sand from her body that slammed into the Ravager Phantom. The Phantom felt like it had just been punched by a fist the size of its body as it was driven further into the rock.

Then Symbol switched the Mirror Ring for the Radiation Ring as she struck her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] The Ravager Phantom had just started to pull itself out of the hole as Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [DUST RADIATION PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side as the radiation magic circle appeared and passed through her, transforming Symbol into the Burst Dust Radiation style.

The Ravager Phantom pulled itself out of the rock with a furious roar and set itself on fire as Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Then Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Ravager Phantom charged. [RADIATION MAGIC PLEASE!] Symbol fired a cloud of radiation from her glove that the Ravager Phantom charged right through, not caring about the sparks coming from its body.

“What?!” shouted Symbol in shock, right before the Ravager Phantom rammed its chainsaw into her chest plate. “Argh!” shouted Symbol in pain as sparks flew from her chest plate. She was sent flying back and skipped along the ground like a rock does when its thrown across a pond.

Symbol slammed into a rock in a loud cloud of dust. “What the-?!” she grunted in pain. “How did it get so strong all of a sudden?” she looked up and saw the Ravager Phantom was glowing in a black aura. “It can do that too now?! Unfair!” shouted Symbol.

Symbol looked over to the side and was met with a sight that was very bad.

“Dante!” shouted Symbol as she saw her brother on one knee guard, clashing with the Hell Knight Phantom’s sword. At first, she wondered how the Hell Knight Phantom was overpowering her brother, despite the bad angel. Then she saw the red glow around the Hell Knight Phantom. “Oh come on! Can every Phantom on the planet do that now?!” shouted Symbol in shock.

Symbol saw the Ravager Phantom charging at her once more and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author, then held it out. [DUST MAGIC PLEASE!] From her glove came an orb of green light that was fired forwards in a beam. The Ravager Phantom brought its chainsaw down, splitting the beam like a fork, but it continued to press forward.

‘Got to by some more time,’ thought Symbol as she drew the Burst Staff and pulled on its thumb, opening its Hand Author. [COME ON A SPELL SHAKE HANDS] Symbol scanned her left glove over the Burst Staff’s Hand Author. [BURST! SPELL STRIKE!] Purple magical energy gathered into an orb at the top of the Burst Staff. Then the orb thinned out and split into four spears. “Burst Spears!” shouted Symbol as the spears moved around the slammed into the ground in front of the Ravager Phantom, stopping it's forward progress completely.

At that moment, its cloak failed and it was forced back by the beam, which absorbed the spears and got even stronger. The Ravager Phantom was slammed back into the rock, next to the hole it had left before.

“Final!” shouted Symbol as she turned the top of the Burst Staff, then slid it down, making it compact as it transformed back into the Burst Wand. Symbol pulled on the Burst Wand’s thumb opening its Hand Author. [COME ON A CAST SHAKE HANDS!] Then Symbol scanned the Burst Ring across the Burst Wand’s Hand Author. [BURST! CAST STRIKE!] She took aim with the Burst Wand and purple light swirled inwards like shooting stars gathering into an orb, just in front of the Burst Wand. “Burst Beam!” roared Symbol as the front of the orb collapsed. Transforming the orb into a giant beam of purple magical energy. It was at least a single story tall and slammed into the Ravager Phantom. The Phantom was forced through the rock it was in and the beam washed over it, making a powerful explosion ripple through the area.

Dante ran towards the edge of the platform as he switched the Eryx Ring for the Osiris Ring. He punched the Osiris Ring into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Then Dante turned his wrist back, before turning it forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Osiris Ring magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [O-S-I-R-I-S!] Transforming Dante into the Osiris Style as he took the Osiris Sythe off his backplate and turned its handle. [HOOK MODE!] The polearm shifted into the Angel Lift. Dante hooked it onto the bottom of a rock and pulled himself up.

Then Dante switched the Osiris Ring for the Arbiter Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open once more. [OPEN!] The Arbiter magic circle moved back through Dante. [A-R-B-I-T-E-R!] Transforming him into the Arbiter Style as he turned the Arbiter Axe’s handle. [GRAPPLE MODE!] It transformed into the Demon Pull that Dante used to pull a rock into his path.

Dante switched the Arbiter Ring for the Aquila Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Aquila magic circle appeared in front of Dante and moved back through him. [A-Q-U-I-L-A!] Transforming Dante into the Aquila Style as he pressed the button on the Aquila Stars. [HOOK MODE!] They slammed together and combined into the Angel Lift that Dante hooked onto a rock and pulled himself to.

While he was still in the air, Dante switched the Aquila Ring for the Eryx Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The eryx magic circle appeared in front of Dante and moved back through him. [E-R-Y-X!] Transforming Dante into the Eryx Style as he pressed the button inside the right Eryx Gauntlet. [GRAPPLE MODE!] Dante slammed his fists together and the Eryx Gauntlets combined into the Demon Pull that Dante used to yank a piece of rubble into his path.

As he started to fall, Dante switched the Eryx Ring for the Nephilim Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Nephilim magic circle appeared in front of Dante and moved back through him, causing his visors to go wide. [N-E-P-H-I-L-I-M!] “Shit! Wrong Ring!” shouted Dante as he transformed into the Nephilim Style. “Shit! I hope this works!” muttered Dante as he turned the Rebellion Blade’s handle. [HOOK MODE!] To his shock and relief the Rebellion Blade transformed into the Angel Lift. “Huh, so that did work,” he hooked it onto a rock and pulled himself over to it, dropping down onto the next platform with ease.

Symbol landed next to him, now in her Swift Wing Zoomer Style.

Dante took no notice as he used the Angel Lift to get too another pair of rocks before pulling himself up to the next island.

At that moment Lesser Blade Phantoms jumped up from the ground.

“We haven’t seen these in a long time,” commented Symbol as she landed beside Dante.

“No we haven’t,” agreed Dante.

Let the battle being.

Symbol switched the Swift Ring for the Active Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever. [MAGICAL TOUCH HENSHIN!] Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [ACTIVE PLEASE!] Then she held her left glove out to the side as the active magic circle appeared and passed through her. [LET’S GO!] Transforming Symbol into the Active Style.

Five Lesser Blade Phantoms jumped up from the ground around Symbol as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever three times. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO!] Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as red lightning crackled around her body. [ACTIVE! A RANK SPELL!] The lightning shot out in five directions, slamming into the five Phantoms and causing them to explode.

Then Symbol added the Slasher and Aqua Rings to her right glove as she pressed down on her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] She scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SLASHER AQUA PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the two magic circles appeared. They passed through her, transforming her into the Active Slasher Aqua Style.

Symbol charged at a pair of Lesser Blade Phantoms as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SLASHER MAGIC PLEASE!] Red lightning covered both of Symbol’s Slasher Tidal Claws as she held them out to the side and cut both of the Lesser Blade Phantoms in half making them explode.

Symbol saw another six Lesser Blade Phantom charging at her from the front and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] The Lesser Blade Phantoms continued their charge as Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [AQUA MAGIC PLEASE!] She swung both of the Slasher Tidal Claws down, firing six crescents of water that cut each of the Lesser Blade Phantom’s in half from their heads to their groins.

Symbol looked around and saw she was being charged from all sides by more Lesser Blade Phantoms. She calmly switched the Aqua Ring for the Bind Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Then Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Lesser Blade Phantoms approached. [SLASHER BIND PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the bind magic circle appeared, moving over her and transforming Symbol into the Active Slasher Bind Style.

Just before the Lesser Blade Phantoms were able to reach her, Symbol hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as she punched Slasher Restraint Claws into the ground. [BIND MAGIC PLEASE!] From which burst several orange spiked chains that wrapped around the Lesser Blade Phantoms and then anchored themselves into the ground, tieing them up.

While the Lesser Blade Phantoms were immobilized, Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Then she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SLASHER MAGIC PLEASE!] Green magical energy surged down the Slasher Restraint Claws as Symbol spun around, unleashing three circles of green magical energy that expanded outwards and cut through the Lesser Blade Phantoms with ease, making them explode.

“Hey!” shouted Dante. “Watch it, Sunset! You nearly hit me!”

“Sorry!” Sunset shouted back. She switched the Bind Ring for the Defend Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Then Symbol scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SLASHER DEFEND PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the defend magic circle appeared, moving through her and transforming Symbol into the Active Slasher Defend Style before the twenty Lesser Blade Phantoms that were charging at her could get anywhere near enough to attack Symbol.

As the twenty Lesser Blade Phantoms reached her, Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Then she scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Lesser Blade Phantoms pulled back to attack. [DEFEND MAGIC PLEASE!] Symbol joined the two Slasher Defend Claws together and created a grey barrier of energy that stopped the Lesser Blade Phantoms from getting close.

While the Lesser Blade Phantoms were being held back by the barrier, Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Then she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as grey magical energy charged up inside the Slasher Defend Claws. [SLASHER MAGIC PLEASE!] Symbol slammed both of her Slasher Defend Claws into the ground and a pair of magical energy waves surged out of them, along the ground and into the twenty Lesser Blade Phantoms throwing them off the island they were on.

“SUNSET!” shouted Dante as he had only just been able to jump over that attack in time.

“Sorry!” shouted Sunset. Whatever else Dante might have said was lost on her as she switched the Slasher Ring for the Boost Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Then she scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [BOOST DEFEND PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the boost magic circle appeared, moving through her and transforming her into the Active Boost Defend Style. She jumped over a trio of Lesser Blade Phantoms, using the Boost Grieves to clear the distance with ease. Symbol landed back on the ground as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Symbol scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as she spun around. [BOOST MAGIC PLEASE!] Purple magical energy ran into her right Boost Grieve as Symbol kicked the three Lesser Blade Phantoms with a roundhouse kick.

As they exploded, Symbol switched the Defend Ring with the Aqua Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Then she scanned the Boost Ring and the Aqua Ring over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [BOOST AQUA PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the aqua magic circle appeared, it moved over her, transforming her into the Active Boost Aqua Style. Symbol took up a runner stance as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as she exploded towards the single Lesser Blade Phantom that was charging at her. [BOOST MAGIC PLEASE!] The Aqua Jets fired a blast of water that sent Symbol flying forwards. She rammed her right knee into the Lesser Blade Phantom’s head, making its neck snap and the Phantom explode as she passed it.

Symbol landed on the ground and dropped onto her backplate. Three blades passed through where her neck had just been. ‘They’re trying to box me in!’ Symbol realised. “Big mistake,” she pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as she started to spin on her backplate. [AQUA MAGIC PLEASE!] The Aqua Jets each released four streams of water that smashed into the Lesser Blade Phantoms, sending them flying over the edge of the island. A blast of flame shot upwards and slammed into the three Lesser Blade Phantoms, making them explode.

Then a single Lesser Blade Phantom ran at Symbol. “That’s just insulting,” she muttered as she drew the Active Blade. Symbol parried the Lesser Blade Phantom’s sword as she pulled on its thumb, opening its Hand Author. [COME ON A SLASH SHAKE HANDS!] Then Symbol scanned the Active Ring across the Active Blade’s Hand Author. [ACTIVE! SLASH STRIKE!] Red lightning surged through the Active Blade. “Red Slash!” Symbol pulled it back and slashed a glowing red line through the Lesser Blade Phantom that caused it to explode.

Dante switched his Nephilim Ring for the Osiris Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] He turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Osiris magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [O-S-I-R-I-S!] Transforming Dante into the Osiris Style. He drew the Osiris Scythe and punched the Osiris Ring into its slot. [ONE!] The dice appeared and rolled onto a single dot. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante spun around several times, cutting into five Lesser Blade Phantoms with the Osiris Scythe making all of them fall over and explode from the damage.

Dante jumped into the air and punched the Osiris Ring into Osiris Scythe’s slot. [THREE!] The dice appeared and spun around several times, stopping on a trio of dots. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante extended the Osiris Scythe down and used it as a hook. He tore it through five Lesser Blade Phantoms with ease, making all of them fall over and go up in loud explosions.

He landed back on the ground and punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot once more. [FIVE!] The light blue dice appeared out of thin air and spun around, rolling onto five wind blue dots. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante spun around at high speeds, delivering a barrage of slashes before ending on a single strong slash that caused the Lesser Blade Phantoms he had been attacking to explode.

Dante noticed three of Lesser Blade Phantoms running at him and punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot again. [SIX!] The dice rolled onto a six as Dante charged forwards. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] He rammed the Osiris Scythe into the three Lesser Blade Phantoms and cut through all three of them. Making a glowing light blue dot appear through their waists before they exploded.

Dante pulled out Ebony and Ivory, opening fire on four more Lesser Blade Phantoms. After a few a seconds he stopped firing as he held down on the triggers. Three rings of energy were pulled into each of the Hand Cannons. Two were light blue, Ebony’s third ring was black while Ivory’s third ring was white. [EBONY AND IVORY STRIKE!] Dante jumped into the air as he started spinning. “Inverted Rainstorm!” he destroyed several Lesser Blade Phantoms with high powered bullets before flipping over. “Rainstorm!” shouted Dante as he continued to fire, destroying the rest of the Lesser Blade Phantom. He flipped back over it time to land on the ground.

Another Lesser Blade Phantom ran at Dante as he punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot. [THREE!] The dice rolled onto a three. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] Dante spun the Osiris Scythe like a vertical propeller, cutting into the Phantom. It had no time to do anything as it was cut clean in half.

Suddenly, Dante noticed that he had been surrounded by five Lesser Blade Phantoms. “That was a bad move!” he commented as he punched the Osiris Ring into the Osiris Scythe’s slot. [FOUR!] The dice rolled onto a four as Dante crouched down. [SCYTHE STRIKE!] The light blue wind was pulled from the air and wrapped around Dante as he jumped into the air while spinning. This action created a tornado of the light blue wind around him that pulled the five Lesser Blade Phantoms into the air. Where they were shredded by both the light blue wind and the Osiris Scythe.

While he was still in the air, Dante switched the Osiris Ring for the Aquila Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Aquila magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [A-Q-U-I-L-A!] Transforming Dante into the Aquila Style as he punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Star’s slot. [TWO!] The wind blue dice appeared and spun around several times, stopping on a pair of light blue dots. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante launched the Aquila Stars at six Lesser Blade Phantoms. They cloned into six pairs that circled the Lesser Blade Phantoms, each pair transformed into a ring of light blue light. The rings snapped closed, binding the Lesser Blade Phantom’s arms to their sides before moving back towards Dante. Pulling the helpless Lesser Blade Phantoms up into the air.

The second Dante landed back on the ground he had to dodge an attack while the six Lesser Blade Phantoms were hit by it and destroyed. “Hey!” shouted Dante. “Watch it, Sunset! You nearly hit me!”

“Sorry!” Sunset shouted back.

Whatever Sunset might have said was lost to Dante as he had to jump back from a slash by another Lesser Blade Phantom and found himself surrounded by a group of six Lesser Blade Phantoms. “When will they learn?” questioned Dante as he punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Star’s slot. [THREE!] The dice appeared and rolled onto a three as Dante spun around, throwing out of the Aquila Stars as he did so. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] The Aquila Stars cloned and transformed themselves into three rings of light blue energy that surrounded Dante and cut through the Lesser Blade Phantoms that had also surrounded him, making them explode.

Then he had to dodge another attack.

“SUNSET!” shouted Dante as he had only just been able to jump over that attack in time.

“Sorry!” shouted Sunset.

“Time to take a risk!” Dante punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Stars slot again. [FIVE!] The dice appeared and spun around several times, stopping on a five. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante kicked off the air behind him and was sent flying through a Lesser Blade Phantom, making it explode as he landed in the centre of a group that was comprised of Lesser Blade Phantoms.

Then Dante punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Stars slot again. [SIX!] The dice appeared and rolled, it came up with a six. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] Dante twisted his body as the light blue wind gathered around him. He jumped a metre and started spinning, creating a tornado of the light blue wind around himself that tore through twenty Lesser Blade Phantoms with ease.

Dante finished the move and was slashed across the chestplate by a Lesser Blade Phantom that had survived. “Argh!” sparks flew from his chestplate as he staggered back and switched the Osiris Ring for his Nephilim Ring, then he punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] He Nephilim magic circle appeared from his Driver and moved back through him. [N-E-P-H-I-L-I-M!] Transforming Dante into his Nephilim Style. He drew the Rebellion Blade and used it to block a slash as he punched his Nephilim Ring into the Rebellion Blade’s slot. [THREE!] The mouth opened to show three blood red and light blue dots. [NEPHILIM SABER STRIKE!] Dante slashed the Lesser Blade Phantom three times, all of which it was powerless to stop before sparks and micro explosions came from its body, then the Lesser Blade Phantom exploded.

Dante saw one last Lesser Blade Phantom running to attack him as he punched his Nephilim Ring into the Rebellion Blade’s slot. [ONE!] The mouth opened, showing only a single light blue and blood red circle. [NEPHILIM SABER STRIKE!] Dante slashed upwards with the Rebellion Blade, sending the Lesser Blade Phantom shooting into the air as he jumped after it and then slashed downwards. He used the Rebellion Blade’s momentum to pull both himself and the Lesser Blade Phantom down to the ground, splitting it in half on impact with the crystal platform.

With the battle over, Dante jumped to three platforms and switched his Nephilim Ring for his Aquila Ring, then punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] He turned his wrist backwards, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Aquila magic circle appeared in front of Dante and moved back through him. [A-Q-U-I-L-A!] Transforming Dante into the Aquila Style as he pressed the Aquila Star’s slot and slammed them together. [HOOK MODE!] They transformed and combined into the Angel Lift, which Dante used to pull himself to the side of a rock. Then he punched the Aquila Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [KICK STRIKE GO!] Dante kicked off the rock and was sent flying forwards by the light blue wind. Letting him reach a platform before he Angel Lifted to another rock and kicked off it Angel Boosting through the air. Onto another platform that he Angel Lifted from.

Then Dante had to run along and a narrow path. He turned the Angel Lift’s handle. [SHURIKEN MODE!] Making it separate and transform back into the Aquila Stars. Dante punched the Aquila Ring into the Aquila Star’s slot. [FOUR!] Dante dice appeared and spun onto a four as Dante threw the Aquila Stars. [SHURIKEN STRIKE!] They spun up to an archway and sliced through the blue vines that had been blocking it. The Aquila Stars appeared back in Dante’s gloves as he pressed their button and slammed them together once more. [HOOK MODE!] The Aquila Stars combined and transformed back into the Angel Lift that Dante used to get up to the archway.

He leapt over to another platform and switched the Aquila Ring for the Eryx Ring before punching it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Eryx magic circle appeared in front of Dante and moved back through him. [E-R-Y-X!] Transforming Dante into the Eryx Style as he pressed a button on the inside of the right Eryx Gauntlet. [GRAPPLE MODE!] Dante punched the Eryx Gauntlets together as they combined and transformed into the Demon Pull that he used to pull down a wall that was blocking his way onto another platform.

Symbol landed next to him in her Swift Wing Blade Style.

A Wizard Phantom and a Tyrant Phantom burst from the ground.

“The Wizard Phantom is mine! You take out the big one!” shouted Symbol as she dashed towards the Phantom.

“Got it!” yelled Dante. “Bring it on fatty!” he ran towards the Tyrant Phantom.

Dante turned the handle of the Demon Pull. [FIST MODE!] Making it separate and transform back into the Eryx Gauntlets. The Tyrant Phantom set itself on fire as Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the right Eryx Gauntlet. [THREE!] The flame red holographic dice appeared and spun around three times, stopping when it showed three red dots. [FIST STRIKE!] The Tyrant Phantom took up a runners stance as Dante pressed down on the trigger inside the left Eryx Gauntlet. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy mixed with the Eryx Gauntlet’s red flames as Dante punched upwards. He jumped into the air as the energy formed into a construct of a second Eryx Gauntlet that slammed into the Tyrant Phantom’s chin. “Uppercut!” there was enough force behind it to pull the Tyrant Phantom into the air with sparks coming from its chin.

While he was still in the air, Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlet’s slot. [FIVE!] The dice appeared and spun around until it stopped on five. [FIST STRIKE!] Before doing anything else, Dante punched the Eryx Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [GO! KICK STRIKE!] The red flames and magical energy that had been building up around Dante’s Eryx Gauntlets were pulled into his right boot as Dante went shooting down. “Stomp!” his boot slammed into the Tyrant Phantom and slammed it into the ground.

After several seconds the Tyrant Phantom started to get back up and Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlets slot again. [FOUR!] The dice appeared and stopped on a four as Dante pulled back his right Eryx Gauntlet. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy covered Dante’sright Eryx Gauntlet as he slammed it into the ground with enough force for the ground to shake.

“DANTE!” shouted Symbol from off to the side.

“Sorry about that!” Dante yelled back. It did not take a genius to figure out why his sister sounded so pissed, she had likely been caught as unaware as to the Phantoms and been knocked on her ass. Considering that she was fighting a flying Phantom, which an earthquake would have zero effect on. Yeah, that just made things worse.

Ignoring that for now, Dante ran up to the Tyrant Phantom as it got back up and punched the Eryx Ring into his right Eryx Gauntlet’s slot. [SIX!] The dice then rolled onto a six as Dante charged his right Eryx Gauntlet with a massive amount of red magical energy. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante slammed his fist forwards, punching the Tyrant Phantom in the back and sending it staggering forwards.

Suddenly, the Tyrant Phantom set its left fist on fire. Knowing what was about to happen, Dante punched the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlets slot again. [TWO!] The dice flipped back to a two as the Tyrant Phantom pulled back its left fist. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy surged around the left Eryx Gauntlet as Dante slammed it onto the ground, creating his three-pronged barrier again. The Tyrant Phantom slammed its fist into the barrier, only for sparks to come from the limb.

As the Tyrant Phantom recoiled in pain, Dante drew the Revenant Shotgun and pulled open its barrels. He punched the Eryx Ring into the back of the first barrel. [ERYX!] Then he punched the Eryx Ring into the right barrel. [ERYX!] Dante snapped the Revenant Shotgun closed as red magical energy started to build up around the Revenant Shotgun’s first barrel. [HALF CHARGE!] Then red magical energy started to gather around the Revenant Shotgun’s right barrel. [FULLY CHARGE!] shouted the Revenant Shotgun as red magical energy started to leak out of both barrels. Dante pointed at the Tyrant Phantom and pulled the trigger. With a booming sound, two shotgun slugs shout out of the Revenant Shotgun. They flew through the air, transforming into a pair of energy streams that slammed into the Tyrant Phantom, sending it flying backwards through the air, smoking badly.

Dante ran towards the Tyrant Phantom while it was down and punched the Eryx Ring into the right Eryx Gauntlet’s slot. [ONE!] The dice appeared and spun around until it rolled up onto a one. [FIST STRIKE!] Dante covered both of the Eryx Gauntlets in red flame as he pressed down on the left Eryx Gauntlets trigger. [FIST STRIKE!] Red magical energy passed over the Eryx Gauntlets, mixing with the flames and forming into a pair of Eryx Gauntlet constructs. “Brawler!” Dante punched the Tyrant Phantom in the back with a left hook, then a right jab, followed by a right straight. Each time the constructs followed the movements of the original Eryx Gauntlet. Sparks flew from the Tyrant Phantom’s back before it fell over and was consumed by an explosion.

At that moment a second Tyrant Phantom burst from the ground.

“Oh come on!” shouted Dante. He switched the Eryx Ring for the Arbiter Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [OPEN!] The Arbiter magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and he dashed through it. [A-R-B-I-T-E-R!] Emerging from the magic circle in his Arbiter Style. Dante punched the Arbiter Ring into the Arbiter Axe’s slot. [ONE!] The earth red dice appeared and spun around before stopping on a single flame red dot. [AXE STRIKE!] Red magical energy gathered around the Arbiter Axe’s blade as Dante swung it down, firing a spinning axe blade construct. The Tyrant Phantom had set itself on fire and charged at Dante, it knocked the construct to the side, making it slam into the ground where it shattered like glass.

“Here we go!” Dante punched the Arbiter Ring into the Arbiter Axe’s slot. [FOUR!] The Arbiter Axe glowed with red magical energy as the dice appeared, spun and stopped on a four. [AXE STRIKE!] The Tyrant Phantom stopped in front of Dante and swung its arm down towards him. Dante swung the Arbiter Axe up as it released three pulses of red magical energy that forced the Phantom’s fist back.

While the Tyrant Phantom was being forced back, Dante jumped into the air and punched the Arbiter Ring into the Arbiter Axe’s slot. [ONE!] He swung the Arbiter Axe down as the dice appeared and rolled to a one. [AXE STRIKE!] The Arbiter Axe firing a spinning energy construct of an axe head that spiralled down through the air and slammed into the Tyrant Phantom’s head, making sparks grind out of it.

While still in the air, Dante punched the Arbiter Ring into the Arbiter Axe’s slot for a second time. [FIVE!] The dice appeared, spinning, it stopped on a five. [AXE STRIKE!] Dante came shooting down and slammed the Arbiter Axe down on the Tyrant Phantom’s head, making it stumble back in pain from the force and energy that was behind the blow.

As the Tyrant Phantom was stunned, Dante punched the Arbiter Ring into the Arbiter Axe’s slot. [THREE!] The dice spun, stopping when it showed three red dots. [AXE STRIKE!] Dante slammed the Arbiter Axe into the Tyrant Phantom with an upwards swing. He jumped up and did an across swing to its torso. He ended the combo with a downwards slice to the Tyrant Phantom’s head. Sparks exploded from the three slashed points as micro explosions went off around the Tyrant Phantom.

“Almost there!” Dante punched the Arbiter Ring into the Arbiter Axe’s slot once again. [FOUR!] He ran forwards as the dice appeared and spun stopping on a one. [AXE STRIKE!] Then Dante punched the Arbiter Ring into his Driver’s left slot and turned his wrist forwards. [GO! KICK STRIKE!] The red magical energy that had been gathering around the Arbiter Axe was pulled into Dante’s right boot as he jumped into the air. “Trinity Smash!” he came down with a flying kick that unleashed nine pulses of energy into the Tyrant Phantom when it made contact. The Phantom was sent flying backwards with sparks coming from its body before it exploded.

At that moment Dante was forced to dodge a fist from Symbol, now in her Advance Style. “How did that happen?!” he shouted.

While Dante had been fighting the two Tyrant Phantom’s Symbol had run after the Wizard Phantom. Symbol hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever twice. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] Then she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [BLADE MAGIC PLEASE!] The Wizard Phantom fired a spinning red energy spear at Symbol who slashed with the Cutter Wings. From each of which came a silver buzzsaw with red outlines. Two of them slammed into the spear from either side, making it shatter like glass. The other four started to spin around the Wizard Phantom, circling it as they cut into its shield. After a couple of seconds, several cracks sparked through the shield before, with the sound of shattering glass, the shield broke into pieces that rained down on the ground as blue fragments. Leaving the Wizard Phantom defenceless.

“Finale!” shouted Symbol as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO! VERY NICE!] Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Wizard Phantom started to recover. [SWIFT! S RANK SPELL! THE BEST!] Symbol flapped the Cutter Wings and fired six silver crescents from them. They soared through the air and three of them were able to make contact, cutting silver lines into the Wizard Phantom that bleed sparks before it teleported out of the way of the other three crescents and regenerated its shield.

With a snarl, Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever once more. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] The Wizard Phantom fired a line of spiked rocks at her which Symbol flew over as she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [WING MAGIC PLEASE!] She flapped the Cutter Wings and fired a storm of feathers from them that impacted the Wizard Phantom’s shield. At first, it looked like it would hold but the continuous damage was quickly adding up. The Wizard Phantom detonated its shield, making the feathers start to explode, detonating more of the feathers. Symbol was forced to stop her barrage before the line of explosions was able to reach her.

Symbol dove down and drew the Swift Blaster, she pulled on its thumb, opening its Hand Author. [COME ON A BLAST SHAKE HANDS!] Then she scanned the Swift Ring over the Swift Blaster’s Hand Author. [SWIFT! BLASTER STRIKE!] Yellow magical energy leaked out of the Swift Blaster’s barrel and formed into five orbs floating just behind the Swift Blaster’s barrel. Symbol pulled the trigger and the orbs discharged a barrage of yellow magical energy bullets that roared through the air and slammed into the Wizard Phantom. “Swift Barrage!” shouted Symbol as cracks spread through the Wizard Phantom and it exploded.

At that moment another Wizard Phantom burst from the ground and generated its shield from thin air.

“Two of you!?” shouted Symbol. A spinning spear aimed at her faceplate was her answer. Symbol switched the Wing Ring for the Arrow Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE HENSHIN!] Symbol rolled to the side, avoiding a line of razor-sharp rocks as she scanned her right glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [ARROW BLADE PLEASE!] Symbol held her right glove out to the side and the arrow magic circle appeared to her right, moving over her. Transforming Symbol into the Swift Arrow Blade Style. Symbol took aim with the Buzz Bow and hit her Wizard Driver’s right Shift Lever. [MAGIC TOUCHIE GO!] She scanned her right glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as she pulled back on the Buzz Bow’s arrow. [BLADE MAGIC PLEASE!] Then she let go off the arrow, firing six buzzsaws with the wind around them in a line. The wind formed into an arrow shape and smashed through a line of rocks, slamming into the Wizard Phantom’s shield and forcing the Phantom to detonate the shield, avoiding any damage but being stunned.

“Finale!” Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever four times. [MAGICAL TOUCH GO! VERY NICE!] Then she scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [SWIFT! S RANK SPELL! THE BEST!] Symbol swung the Buzz Bow to the side and fired off six blasts of wind. “Arrow Cutter!” they shifted into the form of buzzsaws before coming into a single giant arrow that closed the distance in a heartbeat. This Wizard Phantom had no chance to teleport away and sparks exploded from its body as the arrow blasted through it and caused it to explode.

At that moment Symbol heard a familiar sound as she turned around. “You cannot be serious!” she turned around as a Dreamrunner Phantom appeared. “I hate these things!” shouted Symbol. “I’m not messing around!” she switched the Swift Ring for the Advance Ring and pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever. [TOUCH TO ADVANCE YOUR CLASS!] Then Symbol scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as the Dreamrunner Phantom charged. [ADVANCE PLEASE!] She held her left glove out in front of her as the Dreamrunner Phantom closed the distance and slammed into the advance magic circle that appeared in front of her. With a cannon sound, the Dreamrunner Phantom was sent flying back into a wall of rock which it was embedded into. The advance magic circle moved back through Symbol, transforming her into the Advance Style.

Symbol pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever twice. [TOUCH TO CAST THE NEXT LEVEL!] The Dreamrunner Phantom pulled itself out of the wall and charged at Symbol as she scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [ADVANCE B TIER SPELL!] Symbol vanished in a blur of speed and closed the distance in a second. She slammed her elbow into the Dreamrunner Phantom’s face making sparks come from it as the Phantom was sent flying back.

Symbol vanished in a blur of speed and appeared behind the Dreamrunner Phantom as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever once. [TOUCH TO CAST THE NEXT LEVEL!] The Dreamrunner Phantom got closer as Symbol scanned her left glove over her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author. [ADVANCE C TIER SPELL!] Yellow particles were emitted from the rectangle on her left forearm guard. They gathered around her fist as she pulled it back and slammed it into the Phantom’s back. A beam of yellow magical energy shot out of the Wizard Phantom’s stomach, making sparks came from the entrance and exit points.

Symbol winced in pain as she pressed her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever three more times. [TOUCH TO CAST THE NEXT LEVEL!] The Dreamrunner Phantom struggled back to its feet as Symbol scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author once more. [ADVANCE A TIER SPELL!] She pulled back both of her gloves as they were wrapped in yellow magical energy. Symbol slammed them down on the Dreamrunner Phantom’s back, sparks exploded from it as the ground cracked and cratered from the force of the blow.

She jumped into the air as she pressed down on her Wizard Driver’s left Shift Lever four times. [TOUCH TO CAST THE NEXT LEVEL! VERY NICE!] Then Symbol scanned her left glove across her Wizard Driver’s Hand Author as she grunted in pain. [ADVANCE S TIER SPELL! THE BEST!] Yellow and grey magical energy was wrapped around her boots as Symbol went shooting down. “Advance Strike End!” shouted Symbol as her boots made contact and the Dreamrunner Phantom exploded.

Symbol was about to pull the Advance Ring off her glove when she clutched her helmet in pain and everything went black.

That brings up to now.

“Sunset, we don’t have time for this!” shouted Dante as he switched the Arbiter Ring for the Trigger Ring in its Devil Mode and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [TRIGGER!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making his Driver’s gate close and open again. [DEVIL GO!] The devil trigger magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [DE-DE-DE-DEVIL!] Transforming Dante into his Devil Trigger Style. He blocked another fist from Symbol with his right glove and noted that she still had some control as she had not cast anything yet.

Dante drew the Rebellion Magnum in its Arbiter Mode as he punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of it. [ONE! DEVIL!] The red holographic one with bright red outlines appeared next to the Rebellion Magnum’s skull. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante twisted Symbol’s arm around and fired three shots from point-blank range into her gut, making Symbol stagger back with red lightning crackling over her body.

Then Dante punched the Devil Trigger Ring into the back of the Rebellion Magnum for a second time as Symbol took a swing at his helmet. [TWO! DEVIL!] Dante took aim as he knocked the fist to the side and the one transformed into a two. [MAGNUM STRIKE!] Dante fired an orb of magical energy that slammed into Symbol’s faceplate and unleashed three pulses that sent her flying backwards with red lightning crackling across her.

[MAGICAL TOUCH HENSHIN!] [ACTIVE PLEASE!] [LET’S GO!] In a flash of red light, Symbol transformed back into the Active Style. “Thanks, but ow!” Symbol winced as Dante helped her back to her boots. “Did you have to hit me in the faceplate?!” she demanded.

“You remember?” asked Dante.

“It’s just a blur, but I do remember some of it,” replied Symbol.

“You did have a bit more control that time, maybe your starting to evolve again,” stated Dante.

“Yeah,” replied Symbol as she shook off the pain.

Dante ran towards the edge of the platform as he switched the Devil Trigger Ring for the Osiris Ring and punched it into his Driver’s left slot. [SET!] Dante turned his wrist back, then forwards, making the Driver’s door close and open again. [OPEN!] The Osiris magic circle appeared from Dante’s Driver and moved back through him. [O-S-I-R-I-S!] Transforming him into the Osiris Scythe as he drew the Osiris Scythe and turned its handle. [HOOK MODE!] The polearm transformed into the Angel Lift that he used to lift himself up to a rock. Then across to a second rock, before lifting up to a third rock and then onto another island.

“We must be getting near the top now,” muttered Dante.

“Are those people in the flames?” asked Symbol as another blast of flame roared up from the pit.

“It's just an illusion,” reasoned Dante as they crossed the next gap. “I hope,” he muttered at the end of his sentence.

Then they crossed the final gap.