• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,874 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria: Crossing Over - DubleTruble96



Earth to Equestria in ten seconds flat. But how to get back?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,874

Goodbyes

I ran back towards my town and was shocked at what I saw. Streetlamps were turned into licorice. Buildings were made of cheese, and the roads were...well they were soap. The sidewalks were made of wool, and the trees were giant brocoli. I growled and hastened my advance toward the tallest building I could find. I ran into the elevator and pressed the 'Up' button. The doors opened up and I was assaulted by the stench of cheddar. I forgot the insides were cheese too. I just hope that the cheese can support my weight. I stepped in and pressed the button to get to the highest floor I could.

The next 3 minutes were rather anti-climatic. It was just an elevator ride. An elevator made of cheese. Nothing odd about that.

When I finally arrived, I kicked the doors open and ran up the stairs to get to the roof. I tried to get the door to the roof open, but it was stuck. I just groaned. It was too risky to kick open without losing my balance on these stairs, and I couldn't ram into the door without falling through the roof and back down to the top floor, so I did what had to be done. I rammed my hand into the door's soft cheddar, then tore a chunk out and threw it aside. The stairs started to shake. Can't do that. This cheese is too heavy. I groaned, then tore at the door with my teeth.

Now, I only had to open a hole big enough to break through without falling. Which was a lot of cheese that needed to be eaten...I felt my stomach retch and my movements slowed down. I couldn't keep eating like this...But something in my head clicked...A small voice.

Go on Austin! You can do it! Trust your insticts!

The voice was familiar to me.

"Pinkie Pie?"

Just do it! If I can do it, so can you!

I looked at the hand that was bound by the Element of Laughter. The jewel glowed and I heard Pinkie giggle. I found it almost inspiring. I tore apart the entire door with my teeth and swallowed seemingly impossible amounts of cheese. Finally I rammed through the door and stepped out. I groaned a little but rubbed my stomach. I laughed. I actually did it. It was kind of a funny thought.

I saw Discord was creating more chaos in a different part of town. Dammit. I needed to get going. I ran to the edge of the building and stopped dead in my tracks. 30 stories straight down. Now, I'm terrified of heights. So I backed up and went to take the stairs, but that's when I saw that part of the building crumble. This cheese building wasn't going to last long. I had to jump, but I knew I'd die! I couldn't! But it's for Earth! I can't! I....I...-

Just jump, sugarcube. You'll be okay.

"Applejack?! Are you crazy?! It's 30 stories!"

Trust me, sugarcube. Would I lie to you? You'll just have to trust me. Jump.

I just sighed, then took a deep breath and jumped. I fell 30 stories straight to my doo-

Nah, I'm joking. I fell 30 stories down, but I landed safely on a very conveniently placed giant muffin. Weird. I hopped off and started to run towards Discord. I ducked, lept, and dove through the chaotic streets of my town, until I stopped short when I came across a giant....cat.

"Oh come on!"

Austin, you see the ball? Maybe it wants to play!

"Fluttershy, the only thing on that cat's mind is food!"

No, just push the ball. It wants to play!

"Fluttershy, I swear if I don't live because of this..."

I ran over to a giant ball made of yarn, then threw it down the street. The cat playfully chased it.

"Okay, now what?"

Okay, look around for some milk.

"Where am I going to find enough milk for that-"

I looked up at the clouds.

"Oh yeah."

I whistled for a cloud, and one came down. I gave it instructions to go rain into the cat's mouth. The stupid cloud rained on me instead. I was in no mood to have sass from a cloud. I pulled it down and walked over to the cat. The cat stared at me curiously. I threw the cloud into the air over the cat's head, and it started to rain. The cat drank up all the chocolate milk and gave me a lick as a thank you.

"Bleh..."

The cat then picked me up with it's teeth and put me onto it's back. Cool. I'm riding a cat like a horse.

"Yah! Onward!" The cat obediently charged toward Discord. Terrified citizens fled from the chaos.

"Wooooahhhh! Whoa, Mittens, whoa." The cat stopped and purred. I hopped down and thanked it for it's help. The cat ran off and I nodded. I stared toward my goal. I walked towards it slowly, making sure that nothing else would-

"Help! Someone!"

Oh god dammit.

"Help!"

I sighed and approached a young girl who was crying.

"Listen kid, this is no place for you. You gotta get going."
"But my dress! It's ruined!"
"I'm sorry, but you need to go!"
"No! I can't!"

I facepalmed, then I heard another familiar voice.

Oh, darling. You simply MUST help her! Look at her dress!

"Rarity, I don't think fashion is the main concern right now."

Please, just help her out! It'd be most generous.

I groaned. What could I do to help her?....Hmmmm...I pondered this for a brief moment. What would Rarity do in a case like this? Wait, fabric! I could get her a new dress. But where would I get a dress in the middle of a chaotic city? I pondered this for another brief moment. Wait, a dress shop. I looked at the street I was on.

"Hey, a dress shop is on this street!"

I looked around, then spotted it. I ran into the store and looked around.

"There it is!" I grabbed a child-size dress from the stand and threw some money on the counter. I ran over to the girl with the new dress and her eyes lit up like a pinball machine.

"Thank you so much mister!"
"Don't mention it. Now go find your parents. I have some business to take care of."

I noticed something. My hands were glowing, and one foot. Wait, no. Both feet. I took a look at them. The jewels on each of the Elements were glowing. I looked at the Element of Loyalty and Magic. They weren't. I blinked, then put them back on. I kept walking, thinking nothing of it.

I was closer to my goal than I ever was. I continued my advance toward Discord-

"Hey you!"

Oh for the love of-

I turned around, looking rather annoyed. I saw the Mane 6, but something was off. They weren't grey, they were....well..darker. They were a much darker shade than they normally are. I stared at them.

"And who are you supposed to be?"
"We're the Mane 6."
"No you're not. You're incredibly cheap knock-offs."
"We want to make you an offer."
"I'm all ears."
"We can give you everything you want."
"Yeah?"
"And more."
"Mm-hm."
"All you need to do is give us the Elements. We'll stop Discord."
"Yeah no."
"What do you mean no? Do you not want riches? Fame?"
"Nope."
"A chance to save your family?"
"Huh?"

The Fake Twilight motioned to my family dangling over a pit of lava.

"That's not my family."
"What do you mean?! Of course they are!"
"No. That's an illusion. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out."
"Oh? Well what about this?"

Fake Twilight held up a crystal ball, and in it, I saw the Mane 6.

"What about them?"
"Would you like to stay with them? Discord promises he will stop the chaos in Equestria as long as you give us the Elements."
"What do you mean stay?"
"When this is all over, you can't go back. You will lack the ability."
"What are you getting at?!"
"The bonds. The friendships you've made there. All of it. Gone. It will all fade once you defeat Discord. They've been using you."

The realization hit me like a boot to the head. They were right. I wouldn't be able to see them again. I'll never see them again. Ever.

Don't listen to them!

"Rainbow?"

They're not telling the whole truth! You need to stay loyal to us! And if not to us, then to your family and friends! You need to put a stop to this!

"Well?" Fake Twilight asked.
"No deal. I'd rather stop Discord than betray my friends."
"You're making a huge mistake."
"That's your opinion."

The Element of Loyalty started to glow. Finally I shouted into the skies,

"DISCORD! GET DOWN HERE AND FACE ME!!

Discord spiralled down out of the sky and floated in front of me.

"Oh it's you again. The human. Gonna try to stop me again?"
"I'm not going to try. I will."
"Hmhmhm...Your last attempt failed. What makes you think this will be any different?"

My eyes sparkled.

"I'll tell you why. You gave me a variety of challenges getting here."

The cheese tower. I climbed this 30 story building in hopes that I could find you somewhere in town. But when I got to the top, I realised I couldn't break the door down without risking a fall. I had to eat my way through the door, but couldn't bring myself to do so. That's when Pinkie gave me some inspiration and I ate the entire door. Come to think of it, I found that pretty funny!

The Element of Laughter glowed brighter.

The Fall. I was scared of heights and couldn't jump. But that's when Applejack told me that everything would be okay, and it was.

Honesty glowed.

The Cat. Fluttershy taught me how to tame this giant beast and after some playtime and milk, it gave me a ride that brought me much closer to you. Sometimes a little love is all you need.

Kindness...

The Girl. She was crestfallen about her dress and refused to go to safety, so Rarity gave me the idea to spend some of my own money to make this little girl happy once more. She told me it was pretty generous.

Generousity.

The Mane 6. You tried to tempt me away from the path of truth and lead me astray with lies. Rainbow Dash saw through your ploy and helped me overcome my mental state, and I stayed loyal to my friends.

Loyalty.

"And so Discord, these trials I faced all ended up being your own downfall."
"I'm still not convinced."
"There's one small detail you forgot, Discord."
"All of this is stupid. Your defeat will be tragic."
"You happened to forget that Friendship is Magic!!"

I rose up and the Element of Magic glowed brightly. I opened my eyes, they shimmered with the light of 100 suns, and I fired a giant rainbow down upon him. He cried out a long protest, but the Elements showed no mercy. I watched as Discord disappeared and everything in Equestria and on Earth was undone. I dropped back down and smiled. Pinkie came back from Equestria and took me back to Ponyville through her time-space leap. I took off the Elements and handed them to Twilight. She smiled at me and I managed a weak smile back.

"So that's it then?"
"Yep."
"Will I see you all again?"
"I hope so."
"Twilight, I'm sorry about everything I said."
"It's okay Austin. I can never stay mad at a friend."

I choked up.

"I guess this is it, huh?"
"Yep."
"I never liked goodbyes..."
"I know."
"I'll never forget you Twilight Sparkle."
"Nor will I, Austin."

Pinkie tied up a rope around my waist.

"Goodbye everypony...I...I hope our paths will cross again someday."
"I think they will, Austin. I think they will."

I gave each pony a hug and looked at Pinkie.

"Alright...I don't want to...but I'm ready to go."

We hopped, skipped, then jumped back onto Earth. We were back on the street that started this whole adventure. I could hardly hold back my tears.

"I'm gonna miss you all.'
"We'll miss you Austin."
"Hey Pinkie?"
"Yeah?"
"There's something I wanted to do, but never got the chance."
"What's that?"
"Can I pet your mane?"

She giggled.

"Sure Austin."

I gave her mane a gentle pet for a little while, and Pinkie gave me one final hug and a nuzzle before she hopped, skipped and jumped back into Equestria. I stood there, all alone. I smiled and opened my hand. In my palm laid a small golden coin, about the size of a large bottle cap.

On it, simply, was a carving of Princess Celestia, and the words "In The Princess We Trust". I flipped it over in my hand. It read "1 Bit" on the back. I pocketed the coin and continued homeward-bound.

------------------------------

FBI HQ, Earth


"Agent 32-PDP...Agent 32-PDP....Do you read me?"
"I read you loud and clear."
"Is he back on Earth?"
"Affirmitive."
"Good work."
"Thanks..."
"Something wrong, Agent?"
"It's nothing...I'm just going to miss him."
"Maybe we can arrange for him to visit every now and then."
"Can you?"
"Affirmitive. I'll talk to the chief, but I'm sure he'll let him visit you. After all, Equestria may be in danger again some day."
"Okie-Dokie-Loki! Agent 32-PDP, signing out."
"Over and out."

THE END....?