• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,874 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria: Crossing Over - DubleTruble96



Earth to Equestria in ten seconds flat. But how to get back?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,874

World I Left Behind

Walking home, listening to my favorite tunes on my iPhone, I bopped along down the city streets. Not a care in the world, and and not a single thought crossing my mind, I was in my own little world. Little did I know, I was on a blind date with destiny. I walked across the street, and suddenly, a sleek black car sped down the road and nearly ran me over. I jumped to avoid it, but the car stopped and two strange men in black suits came out. They stared at me from behind their sunglasses. I ran. It was the only thing on my mind now. Escaping. Running as fast as I could, as far away from those strange men as I could. Unsurprisingly, they chased me in their car. I lept through backyards, front yards, playgrounds, anything I could run through to throw them off my tracks. But they kept with me. I decided to take to a forest. I ran through the forest, and they got out to chase me on foot.

I kept running, but I was getting tired. Soon, more black suits showed up. They were trying to box me in. I wasn't dumb. I climbled a tree and lept to the next one, then down. That got me out of a sticky situation, but not the chase. Finally we ended at a long drop. A cliff. It was so deep I couldn't see any sign on the ground. They were closing in now. I was either gonna have to get captured or jump. I saw that the other side of the cliff wasn't far, but it was just out of my leaping distance. But maybe with one big jump I could make it. I saw them close in. I saw them draw their guns.

"GET ON THE GROUND! NOW!" One ordered. I couldn't think. It was death or death. And I wasn't about to die. I turned and lept for the cliff.

"NO WAIT!!" I heard one yell. It was too late. I felt my foot push off the edge of the cliff and I lept. I flew across the chasm's open maw and I saw the other side get closer. Closer. Closer! I was gonna make it! I was gonna MAKE IT!! I WAS GONNA MAKE IT!! Suddenly, the other edge of the cliff flew past my field of vision. I didn't make it. I lept right into the chasm. I felt my heart skip a few beats. I was gonna die. This is it.I saw the pitch blackness absorb me and I was gone from sight. There was no sign of the black suited agents. They were long gone. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't find the voice to do so. I mean, what can you say when you see you just missed the choice of life or death?

I saw I missed. I saw the cliff rush past me. I saw that I was now falling to my demise. I was a goner. I almost wanted to cry. No second chance. No chance to say goodbye. No time to reflect. No way to cheat death. Suddenly, in the pitch darkness, a bright light. I saw something in the distance. But there was no way that this chasm was nothing but a tunnel straight down...There was nothing. So then what's that light? Suddenly, it got extremely bright. I covered my eyes and I felt wind....Wind from sky. I felt a cool mist tickle my cheeks and I saw that I was now not in a chasm, but thousands of feet in the air. But this was not my town. This wasn't my WORLD. This was something else! I saw strange coloured creatures flying. They were four-legged winged animals of some sort.

Well, no sense in just letting them fly past me. I screamed at them.

"HEYYY! GET I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE!! I'M KINDA...YA KNOW....DYING!" One must've heard me, because she flew out and got another one, and together they flew out and caught me. Unfortunately, when they caught me, they winded me by accident, because one caught me by my stomach. I was disabled from lifting my head so I couldn't get a good look at them, but I can tell they got a look at me.

"Whoa, what IS this thing?"
"Is this an alien?"
"It certainly doesn't look like a pony...So it must be...We should take it to Twilight, or maybe Fluttershy. They might have some answers."

Oh great. I'm being brought to more strangers to be inspected like a dog...This oughta be fun. Too weak to fight, I allowed these strange creatures take me to this 'Twilight'. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. I left everything. My family. My home. My world. I have to get back.

They took me into a giant tree building. They put me on a table, and I heard another voice.

"What's going on?"
"We saw this strange creature falling from the sky, so we saved it. But it seems hurt, and we don't know what it is. Can you help us?"
"Well I can try, but I don't think I have any books on this strange creature..."

I heard books being pulled from shelves, pages turning, covers closing. Finally, I heard them talk again.

"Ah ha! I found it!"
"Well? What is it?"
"It's a different species all together. It's called a 'Human'. Apparently, these strange beings are only supposed to be an old pony's tale. But these creatures have a much different biology then we do."
"Is it hurt? I mean, look at it's strange expression...if that's it's face..."
"Yes, I think it is hurt. But I don't know anything about it's anatomy. I'll call Fluttershy. Maybe she could help."

I opened my eyes. Everything was blurred. I couldn't see. The fall did more of a number on me then I thought. Suddenly, the vision blurred until it was black. I couldn't see...I passed out. I heard only the disembodied voices slowly fade...

"Thank Celestia.....you.....-rrived....Ca-......-elp?"
"Oh....my....-hat is it?"
"I'll......-plain.......-ter...."

And then? Silence.