• Published 26th Feb 2019
  • 629 Views, 44 Comments

Voidic and The Chamber of Secrets - lightningman



Watch as Voidic comes back to Hogwarts for a second year, tutoring Harry all the while.

  • ...
3
 44
 629

Chapter 5 - Hidden Huddles.

Soon we were upstairs once We had gotten all of the necessary money. I put the Weasley's money in Molly's pocket as Yaglsmick gave Arthur, Molly and Ginny false memories of what happened down there. Soon we were outside.

"Alright, everyone," Molly said smiling. "We'll all meet in Flourish and Blotts in an hour to buy your school books. And not one step down Knockturn Alley." She frowned at the twins. They shrugged as Arthur, Ginny and her branched off from the rest of us. But for some reason, the twins and Percy stuck with us as we walked away. They had dozens of questions for us. I only answered them when we were under a firm privacy bubble after I paid for some Ice- cream for us all. It took us almost an hour to get them up to speed on everything. But once we finished answering their questions. They all agreed to keep it under their belts. They branched off from us as Hermione, Ron, Harry and I decided to go get that staff for Harry.

Soon we were in Ollivanders. We had just entered after Ginny and her parents left. They, fortunately, did not notice us.

"Ah... Voidic, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, and Mrs. Granger. Mr. Weasley, are you finally here to get your wand?"

"Um..." Ron said uncertainly, But I saved him from answering.

"We'll get a wand for him later, Garrick. Right now, we have a serious challenge for you." I smile "How would you feel about making a magical staff?" Garrick straightened and his eyes suddenly seemed sharper and lit with fire.

"A staff? Is this for you, Voidic?" I shake my head as Harry walked forward.

"Um... no, it's for me." Harry said as he rubbed his neck. Garrick blinked in surprise and his eyes seemed to gloss over for a minute before he covered his eyes.

"OH! Where did you get so much power?" He asked and he turned back to him and began to circle him, studying him and retaking measurements.

"It's.... a long story. But we need you to swear you won't tell anyone about this. Ok?" Garrick blinked at me before nodding.

"As you wish. Staffs are a rare challenge that I would love to take on." He smiled before running to the back and grabbing multiple samples of woods. "Now then, just run your hands over the wood, and tell me what connects best to you." Ollivander said, smiling. Harry nodded and he began to run his hand over the samples.

He got slight connections to Apple, Ash. A rather strong one from Aspen, but it wasn't the one, so he continued. Beech. He said that he felt like he could eventually connect to Blackthorn, but not yet. Black Walnut actually seemed to hate him. Cedar seemed pretty good, but he wanted to see all his options. Cherry didn't hate him as much as Black Walnut did, but it did dislike him a bit. Chestnut was indifferent to him but slightly attracted. Cypress was the most strongly attracted yet, but again, He wanted all his options. Dogwood seemed attracted to him a bit, but not as much as I had expected due to him being the son of the Marauders. Ebony was attracted, but not nearly as much as Aspen or Cypress. Elder was extremely connected to him as they were both highly unusual, but Harry continued on to check the others as I noticed the Weasley's pale slightly at the implication of Harry being able to connect to Elder. Elm was indifferent to him, as well as English Oak. Fir was about as strong as Aspen on the connection scale, but it seemed to fluctuate for him. Hawthorn seemed like a good connection, but only temporarily. Hazel was indifferent to him. Holly again seemed to have a very strong connection on par with Aspen, Cypress and Elder. Hornbeam didn't like him much. Larch was again a good match. And Garrick seemed to be getting giddier by the second. Laurel seemed to be attracted to him as much as Larch was, and Maple was on par with Laurel as they seemed to go hand in hand. Pear seemed to like him, but not close enough. Pine was indifferent to him, as well as Poplar. Red oak seemed like a good reaction, but again, not good enough.

So so far that made Aspen, Cypress, Elder, Fir, Holly, Larch, Laurel, and Maple.

Redwood was indifferent. Whereas Rowan could boast a connection to rival them all. Silver lime was didn't like him much. Spruce was indifferent. Sycamore is curious about him. Vine was also curious about him. Walnut was indifferent. Willow gave a strong connection. As well as Yew.

"So..." Harry began. "That was interesting. 11 matches to woods."

"Indeed." Ollivander was coming just short of jumping up and down in joy. "Mr. Potter, there's something that I have almost never done before, But I believe that If I do it for you, IT will prove to be the best thing I will make." His eyes were almost glowing with his magic dancing in him.

"What is it?" Harry asked curiously.

"I want to try and combine all 11 of these woods into your staff." Everyone stood still in shock.

"You can do that?" I asked surprised.

"It's a very little known wand making practice that's even rarer used. but when it is, the owner of said wand went on to do great things, no matter where they came from. But 11... This is unprecedented. Do I have your permission to try it?" Harry thought before nodding. Garrick smiled and began to clap his hands. "As you wish! I shall bring out the cores and stabilizers for you to test out while I get to work on the wood." He quickly left and took the samples with him, before bringing back a platter full of different cores. Harry ran his hands along them.

Dragon Heartstring? Maybe. Phoenix Feather? Strong connection, But let's continue. Unicorn Hair? No. Acromantula web? It hated Harry. Augurey tail feather? It barely reacted to Harry. Basilisk Skin? It was a close thing, so maybe. Billywig Stinger? No. Boomslang Venom? No again. Chimera Scale? Holy... Crap.

When Harry touched that one, it was a fricking light show as it glowed brightly. "Um... I think I might be using the Chimera Scale." Harry said. "But I want to see the others." He smiled almost apologetically at the scale, which seemed to pulse with magic.

Demiguise hair? No. Doxy Wing? Definitely not. Erumpent hide? Nope. Fairy wing? Noooo... Fwooper feather? No. Hippogriff feather? Nah. Kelpie Hair? No. Veela hair? No.

"Yeah, I think I'm using the Chimera Scale and the Phoenix Feather." Harry smiled as Garrick came back.

"You... bonded with the scale?" He asked in shock once he heard what we did. He then bounced and touched the ceiling. "YES!" He quickly took the scale gently and the feather. He then brought back stabilizers. Eventually, Harry bonded with Phoenix tears and Basilisk Venom. Garrick took them all to the back and began to combine them all. "Come back in a half hour. I have a large amount of work that I need to do." He smiled widely. We soon left Ollivander's and got all of the ordinary school supplies. The others broke off from us and told us that we would meet here in ten minutes.

Hermione first dragged us off to buy Ink and Parchment from next door to the 'Quality Quidditch Supplies.' Soon, we had gotten all of the supplies and we met Percy and the Twins in front of Ollivander's.

"YES!" A shout came from inside as we hurried in. "I DID IT!" He said as we all felt a comforting flow of magic pass through us, leaving our hair on end. Ollivander came forward with the staff completely wrapped in a soft cloth. He set it gently down on the counter and began to unwrap it.

"Mr. Potter. I decided to go above and beyond what you wanted, free of charge." He reached the middle of the staff and twisted it. It immediately collapsed into a thick piece of wood that could easily fit into a pocket. "The insides of the staff were carved so that when pulled into each other and twisted, they stick together, but when you twist them back, they will be able to collapse into this." He smiled and held it, It easily fit in the palm of his hand, and the sides of it barely passed over his hand, even though when extended, it was easily up to his chest. Ahh, the wonders of magic. He then backed up slightly. "When you want to unfold it quickly, just do this." He demonstrated by jerking his hand down and the bottom part of the staff snapped into place. He jerked his hand back up and the top part did the same thing, showing a fully working staff. Harry laughed and gently took it.

"This is amazing. I can see why everyone in Britain calls you the best." Ollivander smiled and his eyes were full of youthful amusement.

"Thank you." Harry collapsed it and put it in his pocket. We paid and I quickly whispered to him. He nodded and brought two wands out and gave them too me.

"14 inches, Willow, containing One unicorn Tail hair. And Cherry and Unicorn Hair, 13 inches. With these two wand and that staff, that'll be 42 galleons." I nodded and paid him. I stopped Harry's protesting to me paying for his staff.

"I know your rich, richer than me. But I still want to pay. Come on, we need to head to Muggle london for some extra materials for myself." They all sighed and we left and changed into muggle clothing before heading out into London and going to a electronics store. I began to purchase various upgrades for all of the technology at Hogwarts that I had brought. After about a half hour, we head back into Diagon Alley and changed back into robes, heading to Flourish and Blott's. I groaned slightly as I saw the large crowd at the doors, all trying to get in, some even punching each other in the shoulders to get ahead.

"Hey, look at this." Hermione cried excitedly. I looked.

Gilderoy Lockhart
will be signing copies of his autobiography
Magical Me
today 12:30 - 4:30 pm

"We can actually meet him!" Hermione squealed. Oh geez, even with all the changes I'm doing, Hermione is still prone to loving Lockhart. We walked inside. We all purchased our books. "Ahh! There you are!" We heard from behind us in the line. I looked behind to see Arthur looking uncomfortable, Ginny looking excited, and Mrs. Weasley fanning her red blushing face. "We'll be able to see him in a minute. Come on." She called and we joined the line with her.

Soon Gilderoy Lockhart came into view. He had.... too many photos of himself. Seriously, even if everyone here took a photo, there would still be enough to put in every room of a house. Gilderoy smiled at a witch who walked away quickly, blushing and covering her face with her newly autographed book. He looked up and stared in shock at me, and then looked down and his eyes widened as he recognized Harry.

"It... It can't be Harry Potter and Voidic!" Wait, what? He damn near jumped over his desk to get to us and grabbed us both.

"Hold on, what?!" I yelled as I tried to pull away. But Gilderoy's grip was like a frickin Grindylow's. He pulled us in.

"Nice big smile, Harry." He whispered. "Together, you and I are worth the front page. But with Voidic, we are worth two of them." Soon, the flash went off and I shut my eyes and blinked a few times to get the spots out of my eyes. I wrenched my arm out of his grip and helped harry. But Gilderoy was having none of it. I clapped his hand on my shoulder.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" He stated proudly and loudly. "What an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time!"

"Yes, Yes, your the new defense against the Dark Arts instructor, We don't care! Let us go! Your starting to give me bruises." Gilderoy and everyone simultaneously looked and blinked at me. I got out and rubbed my shoulder. "Damn, how do you have such a strong grip?" I muttered.

"Um... Yes!" Gilderoy got his steam back. "When Harry and Voidic here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, they only wanted to buy my autobiography.." Which Harry interrupted.

"Um... no, we came to buy our school books. I couldn't care less about any autobiography. I'll learn what I need to learn in those books hopefully."

"You won't." I sigh and rub my face under my mask. " They're more for entertainment value than actual textbooks. Why anybody would assume they'd be good for textbooks is beyond me." I glared at Lockhart. "I'm pretty sure he's just trying to boost sales profits by making all of the students buy one set when he knows that it would take a good solid chunk out of any family's savings." Lockhart didn't seem fazed and continued on, pretending he did not hear us.

"Which they both shall be getting, including the rest of my books, free of charge!" Everyone clapped. "Harry probably had no idea, that he would be getting the real magical me! That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Voidic's announcement was not fake! I shall be taking up the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts instructor this September!" Everyone began clapping and cheering. Including Mrs. Weasley and Hermione, who both seemed faint. I caught a few glares from the women for speaking out against Gilderoy. But I didn't see them that much as suddenly, Harry and I were both given the complete set of the books. The books were right, they were pretty frickin' heavy. Harry muttered something and tipped his books into Ginny's cauldron.

"Here." I said to Ron as I gave him my books. "I hate Gilderoy, I will say that right now, so any gift from him is instantly going somewhere else."

"Hey, Harry." I heard someone mutter. I looked up to see Draco muttering lowly to Harry. He smiled a little.

"Hey Draco. What are you doing here?" He whispered.

"I can't talk much without giving away that I'm friends with you. I'm getting my supplies."

"Got it, go ahead with your performance." Harry smiled a little. Draco coughed and said louder.

"Famous Harry Potter." Sneered Malfoy, whose face instantly changed into hatred. I could not get over how good of an actor this kid was at 12. "Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." Ginny heard this and instantly rounded on him.

"Leave him alone! He didn't want all that!" Ginny glared at him, while Harry and I breathed sighs of relief that she didn't hear Draco and Harry talking to each other.

"Potter." Draco began surprised. "You've got yourself a Girlfriend." He chuckled as Ginny went red. "Little young for you isn't she?" Ron and Hermione fought their way over.

"Oh, it's you," Hermione said and frowned as she stopped Ron from speaking out and blowing their cover that we were all on friendly terms with him. "Bet you're surprised that we're all here aren't you?"

"Not as surprised as I am to see you two in a shop. A Weasley and a mudblood." Draco seemed to flinch a little at the name, but his eyes conveyed the apology better than any words. Hermione merely nodded. "I'm wondering how you can manage to continue living in the Wizarding World with how poor you both are. Bet your families will go hungry for a month to pay for that lot, won't they?" Ron went red slightly and barely stopped himself from remembering this was all a performance.

"Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, Voidic!" Said Arthur as he struggled to get to us with Fred, George, and Percy. "What are you doing? Let's go outside, it's mad in here." But suddenly we heard a drawl.

"Well.... well.... well. Arthur.. Weasley." Everyone word seemed punctuated with a coldness like a winter blizzard.

"Lucius Malfoy." Mr. Weasley narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Busy time at the Ministry, I hear," Lucius said. "All those raids, I do hope they're paying you overtime." Lucius then snatched up a book from the cauldron. A very old, but not nearly as battered as I thought it was, cope of A Beginner's guide to transfiguration.

"Hmmph. Obviously not." Lucius shook his head and clutched it with both hands, and I barely noticed him putting the small diary in between the pages. "Dear me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?" Arthur's face went blood red with anger.

"We have very different ideas of what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." He said hotly, his eyes conveying that he would desire nothing more than to punch him.

"Obviously." He sneered and looked at Mr. and Mrs. Granger. "The company you keep. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And here, I thought your family could drop no lower." There was suddenly a thud of metal against stone as Ginny's cauldron dropped onto the floor, and a sickening crack as Arthur punched Lucius right in the nose. 'Broken.' I thought idly as I watched Arthur beat the shit out of Lucius. Arthur's experience with muggles must have led him to take up exercise or something because this was more one-sided than the book led you to believe.

"GO DAD!" Ron and the Twins shouted as they cheered him on. Lucius managed to get in two or three hits on arthur's chest, but it barely fazed him, except knocking the wind out of him slightly. And everytime Arthur staggered, instead of going for another hit, Lucius kept trying to go for his wand. But Arthur was having none of it. I only just noticed that I was cheering for Arthur as well, along with quite a few people watching with fascination. Draco was staring in horror.

"BREAK IT UP!!!" Hagrid boomed over the crowd and wrenched the two apart from each other. Lucius had the beginning of a black eye and a broken nose. Arthur looked like his clothes were barely cut at all, he was sweaty and breathing heavy as he tried to punch Lucius again in the air. Lucius eyes.... eye, glittered as he thrust the transfiguration book into Ginny's arms.

"Take it, girl, it's the best your father can give you." Lucius wrenched his way out and grabbed Draco. "Let's go, this place doesn't deserve our time if it caters to trash like this."

Hagrid merely huffed and dropped Arthur. "Yeh shouldn't have risen to the bait Arthur." Soon we all left the bookstore and Mrs. Weasley looked like she was getting ready to yell at Arthur. Soon, we all stood in front of the fireplace and I took some floo powder. I sighed and threw it in. As I shouted. "The Burrow!" I vaguely hoped that we got everything we needed and did everything we had to do.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, you might be wondering why I wrote this after so long, (One whole damn month!) Well, I was inspired by this brilliant song! God, I've been reading it so much, I'm even getting British mannerism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLKhLtBG8g4&list=PLuy2IouJcJzVNBKpWCtsV5fIQszMolINY&index=130