• Published 26th Feb 2019
  • 629 Views, 44 Comments

Voidic and The Chamber of Secrets - lightningman



Watch as Voidic comes back to Hogwarts for a second year, tutoring Harry all the while.

  • ...
3
 44
 629

Chapter 12 - The Return

"What's going on!" Shouted Filch as he made his way through the crowd, being particularly rough until he stopped and saw me messing with his petrified cat. "My cat! MY CAT!! MRS.NORRIS!" He screamed as he ran over to me like a feral tiger. I waved my hand and focused on pausing his time. Instantly he stopped in place.

"Stop it. Mrs. Norris isn't dead." I say as I go back to studying her. It was fascinating, it seemed to be a perfect blend of magic and Void. But i knew that it was caused by that basilisk. Is it possible that basilisks are void creatures in some shape or form?

"And how did you come to that conclusion Voidic?" I heard dumbledore say as he made his way up to us, followed by mcgonagall, snape, gilderoy,sprout and flitwick. I stood up.

"Simple. Because this is a main event in the plot and it states very clearly that she was only petrified. I was inspecting her because i found out something very interesting." I smile under my mask

"Well, why dont you tell the rest of us what is going on that is so very intersting?" Snape said in a very dry sarcastic tone.

"Well, i found out that this specific petrification, is a perfect blend between ordinary wizarding magic, and my own void magic." I turn to them and they see that I'm slowly bouncing on my heels. "Flitwick! Do you realize what this means?" I was letting my brother's and pinkie's nature come out of me in waves, but i didnt care. I was excited dammit.

"A..perfect blend!?!" He says as he suddenly realizes what im saying and rushes to the cat to inspect her himself.

"Would someone kindly inform us what is so important about that?" Snape says, frustration oozing out of his voice.

"Well, im supposed to be the only person who has void magic correct? At least until i gave you all access to the powers. But im on the cutting edge of all void magic research. and not even i have had any luck in combining wizarding magic and void magic. Plus, i know that nobody i gave void magic too caused this. which means we have a rogue void magic user, that theoretically has more knowledge about void magic than I do." The only conclusion i drew in my own head is that somehow a wizard stumbled upon the recipe to create a basilisk, but had no idea that it was interacting with a different realm of reality entirely. I need to find out more. where did Slytherin learn about it? Where did the basilisk originate?!

I shake my head as i turn back my attention to the cat and begin to lift up my wand and my marked hand to examine her in deeper detail to see if i could learn how to combine my two magics. Flitwick was sharing his findings with the others. I frown as i find that i need to put my entire focus into deciphering the magic. I slowly sit down and cross my legs. "Pinkie!" I yell.

"Yeah!" She said as she popped up between snape and gilderoy. The two of them shrieked and moved backwards. "What do you need xavy?" She said as she hugged me and looked sadly at the cat, her hair deflating slightly.

"I need complete focus. Make sure nobody touches me." I say as I begin with my mask to put on some music to drown out the voices around me. She nodded and pulled out her cannon behind me and pointed it at anyone that tried to get close to me or the cat. Harry, Ron and Hermione saw what she was doing and surrounded me and the cat like she was. I smile as music began to drone on into my ears.

I struggle to decipher through the influx on information flowing through my brain, Eventually though i found how to blend together the magics in first place, i also found what powered up the petrification in the first place. See, it happened because the person's soul was being caught in between the realms of the mortal world and the Void. Neither dead or alive. It could possible have been a way to create an immortal creature? But why did it kill on direct sight and not on reflection? I think i found the answer. You see, when wizarding magic hits a reflection, it hits perfectly without losing power, but void magic does lose power when it hits reflections. and because the void magic was stronger in the actual sight instead of the wizarding magic, the souls were sent directly into the void instead of being stuck in between the two. That's how the petrification was powered in the first place too, It got energy from both realms, so when one realm stopped supplying energy, the other made up for the energy. and it went on and on until the petrification was broken. I smile as I focus on the void and stopped supplying energy to the spell in the void. I then move my wand to the cat and state firmly. "irrumabo off incantatione"

The cat immediately got up and shrieked loudly. It startled everyone and i smile as i slowly get up. stumbling a bit before harry and pinkie both grabbed me by the shoulders. "Whoa. Voidic, are you ok?" Harry asked gently.

"Yeah, i just havent done anything that magically intensive in a while." I say as i slowly kneel down. The cat looked at me and slowly came up and sniffed my hand before licking it gently before bounding off to Mr. filch. I wave my hand at him and he came back to normal.

"YOU.... Mrs. norris?" He asked gently as the cat meowed and jumped into his arms. "But how?"

"She wasn't dead. she was petrified. I fixed her." I say simply. He looked at me in mild shock, not understanding the full impact of what i just did. But it was obvious that the other teachers did.

"I think we should discuss this someplace private." Dumbledore said.

"My Office is closest." Gilderoy said immediately. Everyone nodded as the student filed out and we went up to the office. AS soon as we got there dumbledore conjured up a couple of armchairs for us all. I sat down in my own and dumbledore looked at us all over his spectacles.

"So Voidic, you seem to surprise us more and more every day. Now we already know what happened to mrs. norris, but would you mind explaining the events leading up to it?" I nod and look at Harry. He nodded before beginning to speak.

"You see, we had been invited to Nearly headless nick's... well, fully headless now.. But we were invited to nick's deathday party to have some fun after voidic finished off the job of cutting off nick's head. There are a couple hundred ghosts that can confirm our whereabouts there.

"Alright, but why not join the feast aftwerwards?" Snape asked. "Why go up that corridor?"

"We were on our way to the feast, but we heard something in the walls. So i figured it was my job as a teacher to investigate it. They followed me to give me backup." Dumbledore thought for a second before nodding.

"Thank you for your honesty. You may go." He said. We all nodded before heading to my own personal quarters with pinkie.

"This whole thing is weird... What's that writing on the wall supposed to mean? The chamber has been opened?" Harry asked as he turned to ron and me.

"I don't know, but it rings a bell. I think someone told me a story about a secret chamber at howarts once.. might've been Bill...."

"And What's a squib?" Harry asked

Ron smiled a bit. "It's honestly not that funny to be honest. but it explains why Filch is like.. that... A squib is the opposite of a muggle-born. Born into a wizarding family without any sort of magic. He's bitter at the students for being better at magic than he is." Soon we all get into my chambers and i make a few new beds in the guest room for them as the collapse into them. I smile as i head to my own bed and lay down beside pinkie. slowly falling asleep to sort out all the information of the night.

For the next few days everyone was talking about the attack of mrs. Norris and how i had brought her back from the dead. Not technically wrong, but not technically correct either. But Filch had actually changed a bit. not to everyone else, but he was actually kinder to me than usual. Which surprised me.

Ginny however was particularly disturbed about the attack. according to ron she was a cat lover, but i knew better. she couldnt remember where she was during the attack. Meanwhile Hermione was doing nothing but searching for the story that ron had mentioned as harry told me. I wasnt able to directly see either of these for myself as i was busy with figuring out how to combine the magics myself in the safety of a magic proof room. Soon i sigh as i went out of the room to see Hermione, ron and harry grumbling.

"Hey, you three. whats wrong?" Tehy look at me before sighing and telling me about how they learned about the chamber of secrets from professor binns. "The most interesting lesson that old coot has ever given." Ron said as hermione slapped his shoulder. They then told me about how they looked at the scene of the crime and found some dead spiders, scorch marks and couldnt learn anything about the night from moaning myrtle before getting points taken off of them by percy. I roll my eyes.

"Five points to gryffindor for searching for the truth. What's your next move." They all looked at each other before beginning to talk.

"Well, that's what we came to talk to you about. you always seem to be all-knowing." Harry said sheepishly.
I chuckle.

"True enough, but i cant interfere too much in the plot this year. there are some things that need to happen for the future to go along smoothly, as well as my own plans." I rest my hands on harry's shoulders. "I'm going to be perfectly honest. it's going to hurt a bit, but you'll fully understand why I had to allow it to happen." Harry looked scared before readying himself and nodding with a steely glint in his eye.

"But i will tell you this. this is the perfect time for you to learn about polyjuice potion." I say as i write them a permission slip. I knew they could just ask malfoy directly as they were friends, but this would give them a perfect chance to learn about the inter house politics there. Hermione looked at me, her eyes shining in anticipation.

"What's polyjuice potion?" Harry asked as ron nodded with him.

"It transforms you into somebody else... WE could turn into three slytherins and slip in among them to learn more clues about who did it!" Hermione said as he grabbed the slip and put it in her pocket. "Come on! to the library!" She said as she pulled them all out of the living quarters.

Author's Note:

GUESS WHO'S BACK!