• Published 26th Feb 2019
  • 629 Views, 44 Comments

Voidic and The Chamber of Secrets - lightningman



Watch as Voidic comes back to Hogwarts for a second year, tutoring Harry all the while.

  • ...
3
 44
 629

Chapter 2 - Wowing the Weasleys

We walked up to the front door, Harry's stuff in hand.

"Wow. Is this where you live?" Harry asked awed. I laugh.

"As if! I live in a gym equipment room. No, this is the Weasley's house." I knocked on the door and it opened up to reveal two very familiar and very identical faces.

"VOIDIC!" The twins yelled in unison, they then spotted Harry. "HARRY!"

"What are you two...."

"Doing here? Dad just came..."

"Home and said that Harry..."

"Received a warning from the ministry."

"Yeah, that was Draco's house elf. Don't worry about it." Harry rubbed the back of his neck. "Is it ok if Voidic, pinkie and I can stay here? We kinda just left my house."

"Of course!" They said and they helped up bring Harry's stuff inside.

"Fred? George? Who is it?" A voice from the stairs said, and down came a Mrs. Weasley. She took one look at me and gasped in surprise.

"Voidic?" She took a second look. "Harry? What are you two doing here?"

"Well, you see...." Harry began and winked at me. I chuckle and continued.

"Harry, Pinkie and myself..." I said and Pinkie continued.

"Seem to be in quite a pickle..."

"As to our living arrangements...."

"So we figured why not..."

"meet the kindest family this side...."

"Of the ocean and...."

"Ask if we can sleep here..."

"Until school starts!" Mrs. Weasley blinked at the uncanny twin impersonation. While said twins were laughing and leaning against the kitchen table.

"Well... I don't see why not." She said slightly dazed. "Harry will have to sleep in Ron's room, while Pinkie can bunk with Ginny. And Voidic...." She frowned at my name as she didn't know my real name. "Will bunk with the twins."

"Mum? Who's here?" I heard Ron say as he walked down the stairs. He blinked at me. "Voidic? Hooray! Now you can finally tell Mum that we're allowed to use Void Magic while we're at home." I frown and look at Mrs. Weasley.

"You haven't been allowing them to use Void Magic? That's actually really bad for their health." Everyone straightened up and looked at me in shock.

"What?" Mrs. Weasley asked shocked.

"Void Magic is meant to be used. It's not supposed to sit cramped inside of a body, that's why I use it so often, the more you use it, the stronger it's allowed to get, but the less you use it, the more likely that it's gonna want to leave you and will sporadically leave your body and never return. lowering your capabilities." Everyone paled as they realized that they had been experiencing slight void releases for over a week. I groan as I saw the looks on their face.

"Guys, go outside and start practicing. I'll talk to Molly." Pinkie nods and starts pushing Ron, Harry and the Twins out of the door. I turn to Molly and she's frowning.

"But... The Restriction for Underage Magic?" She began but I cut her off

"Doesn't apply to Void Magic. I am the highest authority on Void Magic imaginable except for the Void itself. Besides, I use Void Magic in public, so it doesn't fall under the Statute of Secrecy either." I smile under my mask at her gaping at me like a fish out of water.

"B...But... All magic falls under the Statute of Secrecy! The only way it didn't fall under the Statute is if it was an entirely new type of magic! Even Occlumency and Legilimency aren't different types of magic!" Huh, so she knew about those two types of magic... More fuel that she's working with Dumbledore.

"That's true. Because this is a new type of magic." I smiled. "Now, if you'll excuse me since I'm here, I should be helping out everyone with getting their Void Magic back." I walked outside with Molly sputtering. I went outside to help the Weasleys with their casting. As we were practicing, I noticed a pair of brown eyes looking at us, particularly Harry. Ginny didn't notice I looked at her, because I turned away quickly enough. But soon, there was a bang from a window upstairs.

"Will you keep it down?" Shouted Percy. "I'm trying to study!" Everyone else looked at each other. I then looked up at him.

"So are we!" I laugh. Percy looked at me and blinked.

"Oh, your here?" He asked surprised. "Well, hold on, I have a few questions for you, then I'll join you." Huh, so this Percy was a bit more laid back. He disappeared from his window and closed it and soon he was hurrying out the door and I began to help out Percy with his magic as I had with the others, soon I was working with everyone else, but after a while, I heard a clang of what sounded like teeth on metal and diminutive cursing at my feet.

I blinked and looked down to see a gnome clutching his mouth and a few tiny holes in my pants. I sighed and picked up the gnome around the ankles. I spun him around my head and then I stopped, getting a good grip on him. I threw him hard, then I sent a windblast at him for some extra distance. The gnome flew a good 70 to 80 feet. Everyone blinked and grinned evilly. Suddenly, it turned into a competition to who could send a gnome the furthest, I looked to the right to see Molly looking in shock at how I had somehow made a chore enjoyable for everyone.

Soon, we were all tired and panting and I noticed that the Weasley's magic seemed to be returning to normal levels, while Harry was growing stronger. I smile and the twins begin to lead me to their bedroom while Molly showed Pinkie to Ginny's room for them to get acquainted. Once we entered, I blink at the unnaturally tidy room, then I noticed something else. All of the decorations on either side of the room were the exact same, only flipped like a mirror had gone down the center of the room.

"Huh... Looks like this is going to be an interesting summer."