• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,176

Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Rainbow bit her lip. "Rainbow? What happened? Why can't I feel it?" He said as he looked where his wing used to be. "...My wing..." He looked over to an adjoining table and saw it. The shock was making him hysterical. "That's my wing! Why is it over there? Why isn't it attached to me!?" He yelled.

"It was broken. Your wing was terribly burned and you had bones sticking out in all directions." Rainbow said quickly. "Your feathers were completely burned off."

"You let them saw my wing off!!" He yelled accusingly at her.

"Blaze she didn't have a choice. Derpy was already halfway through when she came in." Applejack said as she tried to defend a stunned Rainbow.

"Applejack this doesn't concern you! Stay out of this!" Blaze shouted.

"Stop it Blaze!" Rainbow yelled at him. This wasn't like him. "You would've died had I not donated you some blood! Why are you blaming me for the loss of your wing? You should be thanking me for saving your life!" She said between her sobs.

"You wouldn't have had to donate blood if you had stopped her from taking off my wing!" He yelled at her. Applejack stood between Blaze and Rainbow.

"Now you listen here Blaze. We didn't drag your sorry flank back to camp just so you could yell at her and blame her for something she didn't have anything to do with! Big Mac didn't die so you could blame and hurt Rainbow." She yelled back at Blaze.

"Oh yea Big Mac. The big shy guy who only knows two words!" Blaze shouted making Applejack gasp.

"Well maybe he should have left you to die with the Gorner! Buck you, Blaze!" She said and ran out of the tent weeping. Rainbow gave Blaze a glare that could kill.

"Well, it looks like I saved the wrong pony. I loved you, and now you have bucked up everything. Good bye Blaze." Rainbow said as she left with waterfalls leaving her eyes, her spirit, and her heart broken.

Blaze watched her run off and past Luna, who had just ran in. "What the hell happened Blaze?" She asked worried.

"Both of them allowed my wing to be taken off! I could have still used it!" He said.

"Blaze, your wing was featherless, burned beyond repair, and your bones were snapped and sticking out of it! Derpy didn't have a choice. It was either your wing or your life." She said, trying to explain.

"Rainbow saw it before it was amputated. Saw me before I arrived here. She brought me back here and let her cut it off!" He said furiously.

"Look Blaze. I know this is a huge shock for you. But she did what she thought was necessary for you to live. She loves you and wants you to live. Can't you see that?" She asked.

"All I see are a bunch of lying ponies." He said quietly and with a grimace.

"You don't have to believe me, but it's true. I'm going to go find them and see if I can help remedy any and all damage you may have caused." Luna said and walked out of the tent.

Blaze just sat on his table, reliving the events of the attack. The gorner, the torture, the giant red pony that saved him. Oh Celestia. What have I done... He thought to himself. He tried to get off the table, but as soon as he tried to stand, he got dizzy. He had to sit in the chair that was next to him. Rook walked in and looked at the weary pony.

"I heard what you were yelling at Rainbow. Hay, half the camp probably heard it." He said. "She didn't let you get your wing removed. I stopped her before she entered the tent and talked to her. I broke the news to her that you wouldn't be able to fly ever again and that the wing needed to be amputated. I was worried that she may have stopped the amputation. If she had, you would have died from infection. So if you want to blame somepony, blame me."

"I don't blame you Rook. You did the right thing. So did Rainbow. And I just through it in her face." Blaze said as he looked down. "She hates me. She despises me now."

"Oh I wouldn't say that. You losing your wing was a big shock to you. She loves you. She'll understand." Rook said. Blaze looked at his wing, lying there on the table. "Help me up. I'm going to go find her."

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

'Oh Linus. Poor, lonely, and unloved. How does it feel to die by my hands? To watch your friends die in front of you? To know that it is your fault they died?'

"Please, stop this!" Linus cried.

'Why should I? It's so much fun to see you suffer from me. Somepony you trusted.'

"Why though?! Why lead us here, all the way to Canterlot, just so you could kill us? What's the point of it?" Linus asked.

'I did it, so I could watch you suffer.' Luna said.

Linus shot up with a gasp as he awoke from the dreadful nightmare. As he did, he regretted doing so. His body screamed in pain from his burns. What happened to you Linus? he thought to himself. He couldn't remember much. All he remembered was laying in his bed when he heard a low roaring sound. The next thing he remembered was waking up here in pain. He looked around the tent. He could smell burnt flesh, he could hear the moans and groans from the others around him. Slowly, he picked himself up, nudged off the table, and carefully made his way to the tent flap.

When he opened it, he cringed as he saw ash, the burning corpses of dead ponies, limbs lying around, left to stay as the aftermath of what had happened caused a rush. He saw his soldiers, lying on the ground dead, dying, or alive but missing limbs. He tried to ignore the sounds of pain that filled his ears, the suffocating smell of the dead, and the unforgiving sight that the war had wrought. He walked away from the carnage and found his way to the edge of the camp. He saw Luna, Applejack, and Rainbow sitting by the stream. Carefully, as to not agitate his burns, he walked over to the three ponies.

"Can some pony explain to me why it hurts to walk?" He groaned. They looked behind them and smiled to see that he was alive. Luna ran over to him and hugged him tightly. She quickly let go of him though as he let aout a cry of pain.

"Sorry, Linus." She said apologetically. "When did you wake up? You've been out for almost an hour." She asked.

"Well, I woke up about 10 minutes ago and noticed how much it hurt to move. Care to explain?" He asked the group of three.

"First, take a seat. Your burns are irritated." Luna said. Linus took an open spot next to a tree an gingerly took a seat. "We were getting things ready for the fight, which you weren't going to be fighting in anyway because of Rook." Linus held his agape.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't I be fighting?" Linus asked

"Rook asked Blaze to accept him as the new challenger. He accepted. After that, you were no longer a participant of the fight. Rook knew what would have happened if you were to die. The army would be without a great asset. Anyway, I went looking for Hex. I wanted to discuss where to be after the fight, whether we should host a funeral or move straight to Ponyville. I hadn't seen him for days. I still haven't seen him, even after what happened tonight. I went to Rook's tent where Blaze and Rainbow were also visiting. All of a sudden, a gigantic fireball fell from the sky and landed next to his tent. I sent Blaze out to find what was launching them. Me and Rook went out to find you, but when we arrived you were underneath a burning tent, crushed by a fireball. The fact that you are alive now is amazing. You were burned, but you will recover in due time." She said.

"So I missed a battle because of a cheap shot by Chrysalis? Not the way I want to go out." Linus said. "Is Blaze ok? If he went to what was launching them, he would've been in a lot of danger." The others hesitated before answering. Rainbow stood up and walked away from them.

"His wing was badly burned. The feathers were gone, the skin was shredded and burned, he had bones sticking out of his wing and he lost a lot of blood. Me, Big Mac, and Applejack went after him to make sure he was ok. When we arrived there was a Gorner standing over him, torturing him. Big Mac tackled the Gorner to the ground and I grabbed Blaze. We were getting ready to get out of there, when the Gorner sent a bolt into Mac's chest." Rainbow shuddered. She could still see it. The blood spewing from Big Mac as he convulsed and screamed in agony. "The Gorner disappeared after Applejack appeared. She found her brother dead on the ground covered in his own blood. After we got back to camp, Blaze had his wing amputated. When he awoke and saw it, he blamed me for it. Said it was my doing that caused it to be amputated. He insulted Mac too during his fit. Not a single thank you for saving him." She said, angrily.

"Wait, he can't fly anymore? And I doubt Blaze would do that. It isn't like him." Linus said shocked by what his friend had done. "He has never insulted someone who has fallen in battle, not even if they were complete flank-holes."

"He did Linus." Luna said. "I heard it. So did Rook."

"Where is Rook anyways? I didn't see him at the tent I was at." Linus asked. "Maybe he went to talk to Blaze?"

"Maybe. But right now I could care less as to where Blaze is. His attitude is unbearable." Rainbow said. She hated Blaze for blaming her for what happened. She especially hated what he said about Big Mac. He knew that Mac could have chosen to ignore Blaze, but he went anyway. Why can't he see it. Why is he so blind to that fact? She thought.

"Rainbow, it was a big shock to him. He never thought that he would lose such a huge part of him. He loved flying almost as much as you did. When he first joined, I could barely keep him out of the sky. He was always up in the clouds, soaring through the magnificent blue sky. It was peaceful to him. He can't have that now. He will be bound to the ground now." Luna explained. Rainbow just stared off into the distance.

Applejack looked past Linus and saw Rook and Blaze walking this way. "Great. Look who decided to rear his ugly head." She said distastefully. Luna and Linus both looked to where Applejack was staring. Blaze limped over to them with Rook as a support. Rainbow continued to stare at nothing. She refused to see Blaze. She didn't even want to be in the same vicinity as him.

"Hey Linus. When did you get up?" Blaze asked. He and Rook walked over to the stream. Blaze sat himself next to Rainbow.

"Let's just say the smell got to me." Linus said, trying to lighten the air around them. "I'm sorry about your wing Blaze. If I hadn't been knocked out by the fireball that crashed on my head, I would've been there to help you out."

"It wouldn't have mattered. I got hit by parts of a fireball that scorched my wing. I couldn't fly well after that. Main reason it's gone now." He said. He looked at Applejack. "I'm sorry for what I said about Big Mac. He was strong, courageous, and very loyal. I'm sorry that he had to die, and I'm sorry I was such an ass. He didn't deserve to die, and I plan on avenging his death, along with all the others." Applejack looked at him, and gave him a forgiving nod. He turned and looked at Rainbow.

"I know that I said somethings back at the tent that really hurt you. But I didn't know who to blame. It scared me that I had lost my wing. The one thing I looked forward to, before I met you, was flying. All throughout this war, my wings would be injured. When Linus saved me from the prison I was kept in, they broke them. When I dropped that bomb on the enemy camp, my wings were burned. Yet I still made through it. Yet, I lost that tonight. I regret everything I said before. I know you probably hate me, but I just want to tell you how sorry I am for what I did."

Rainbow turned and looked at him. "I understand your want to fly, your need for it. But I have that same thing, that same want. I would be devastated without my wings. But I would never, ever say what you said to me to somepony I cared about. I'm loyal to my friends Blaze and I no longer know if you are." She said. She turned back around, and just to make Blaze feel even worse, she took off and soared into the sky. She flipped and twirled in the air and zoomed away from them, heading back to the camp.

Blaze looked down. "I told you she would hate me Rook. She doesn't even care that I can't fly. I know why she did though. Whatever we had before, it's over. She'll never forgive me. I'll be on the ground while she soars through the clouds." Blaze said sadly. "I wish I could take it all back." he spoke quietly. They all just sat there by the stream in the light of the moon that shone upon them.

"So Rook. When did you plan on telling me about the fight?" Linus asked. Rook looked quizzically at Linus. "What? You thought I wasn't going to find out about my exemption from the fight?" Linus asked.

Rook looked at Luna. She shrugged her shoulders. "I told him everything about what happened."

Rook sighed. "I was going to let you know right before the fight was to take place. It isn't happening now though because of the attack." He said.

"I see. Well, I wish you would've told me sooner. Would've made things easier." Linus said. "Then again I probably would've griped at you for it."

"One of the reasons we kept it quiet." Blaze said. He stood up and groaned as his muscles tensed up and his burns reignited the pain. He opened his wing. "It's weird. Feeling the wind through only one wing as it sails in between the feathers. The sensation of flight that I've always known, gone. I will find Chrysalis. And when I do, she is going to know the meaning of pain, loss, and everything she has caused us." He said thinking of Twilight, Big Mac, and all the others who lost their lives because of her. He turned to face the others. "I'm going to look for Rainbow. I need to talk to her, even if she doesn't want to talk to me." He said. He limped away from the group in search of her.