• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,180 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,180

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Blaze had found a small lake in the forest. He was sitting in it keeping his burns cool. He hadn’t heard from Linus since the explosion. He knew he needed to go out and find them, but he couldn’t go out and fly. His burns were preventing him from making any slight movements. The water only barley stopped the burns from hurting. “Blaze, why do you keep doing this to yourself?” He asked himself quietly. “I need to make a fire. Maybe I can signal Linus with it.”

He got out of the lake and slowly walked to a tree. He picked up a few fallen branches and leaves. He placed them in a small area and started to light them. The Aureolian Army had a way of telling their fellow soldiers where they were if they somehow got lost. Blaze would light one fire now. After an hour, he would light a second fire. After 2 hours, we would light a third. The soldiers had it drilled in their heads about the procedure. Only come after the third fire had been lit, and only if it didn’t put you and your comrades into bigger danger. “Linus, if you can hear me, I am south of Camp ‘A.’ There is a lake in the middle of a patch of trees. I am there. If you can read me, please respond.” Blaze spoke into his communicuff. Static. That was the only thing he had heard since the explosion. He hoped that Linus and his team were alright. He didn’t want to think that they were dead. Two days. I’ll give him two days. Then, I need to make my way back to the camp.

He got the fire going and went back to lake. He was burning all over. As he walked over to the lake, he looked at his reflection. His legs were blood red and his face looked like someone had tried to take it off with a rusty knife. “Well, I may not be beautiful anymore, but at least I’m alive.” Blaze chuckled to himself. He waded into the lake to soothe his burns.

He sat there for 30 minutes, when he heard crashing coming in through the trees. “Help! Anypony help!” said a voice. It was a mare's voice. It sounded so familiar to Blaze. He got out of the lake, despite his pain, and hid behind a bush. He peered out to where he heard the voice. A pink Alicorn with a broken horn had rushed into view. She was panting and had obviously been running for days with little rest. “Please! If you are there please help me! They’re after me!” Blaze knew he had to do something. He whistled the two note tune that said ‘I’m here.’ Her eyes shot up. “I have three Leasath soldiers after me. If you can please help me I will be forever in your debt.” The Alicorn said frantically.

Blaze knew he heard that voice from somewhere. If only he could see her face. He slowly walked out from behind his bush. “What happened?” Blaze asked, accidentally startling the Alicorn. She turned to him, and he gasped. It was Princess Cadence. “Cadence! What happened to you? Ever since the battle at Manehattan, you and Shining Armor went missing. Where have you guys been? Where’s Shining Armor?” Blaze asked. He was asking too many questions for her right now.

“She’s over there! Get her!” said a deep voice from the trees. “Cadence, hide.” Blaze said. She didn’t budge. “I know that when you are rested that you can easily handle these three. But you don’t have your magic and you are far too exhausted to do any fighting. Please Cadence. Hide and I’ll handle it.” Blaze said. He tried not to let the pains from his burns show. He didn’t even know if he could handle them. But if anything went wrong, Cadence had a chance of escaping. The soldiers came crashing through the trees. They smiled as they saw Blaze.

“Well well. If it isn’t Blaze. You caused a bunch of trouble with that bomb.” The largest of the group said. “Now, if you don’t mind, we will be taking that poor excuse of an Alicorn off your hooves.”

“Oh ok. I’ve only just a met her. I’d like to get to know her a little bit more. Maybe have some tea and a picnic.” Blaze said. He wanted to prolong this for as long as he could.

“Why would you want to be around her? She is nothing without her horn. And her husband, Shining Armor. We still have his retched body in our prisons. He hasn’t told us anything yet. He’s strong. But soon we will have him as our own. Queen Chrysalis will have him under her control. And his soldiers will be ours.” The largest soldier said as he smiled.

“So she’s going to take control of his body again? And how well did that work out last time?” Blaze asked. Just a little longer.

The Leasath soldier growled at Blaze. “We may have lost our battle there, but we returned. 50 years ago and have ruled all of Equestria ever since. Now we will take back the Alicorn. Now step aside.” The soldier said as he prepared to charge.

“Oh I’m afraid I can’t let you take her.” Blaze said. He threw a gas bomb that was strapped to his back straight at the group. They inhaled the deadly fumes and collapsed over. “Cadence! We have to go. Don’t breathe in the gas! You’ll be dead in minutes.” He said as he led her through the trees.

“Where are we going?” She asked as they ran. “I have no idea but anywhere is better than back there by the gas.” He replied. They crashed through the trees and stopped just short of a waterfall. “Think you can fly? There’s a cave just on the other side of that water.” Blaze said.

“I’ll be fine. Let’s just get somewhere safe!” She yelled. They took off and flew straight into the waterfall.

It was a good thing the cave was where they entered. As soon as they hit the water, Blaze screamed in pain and crashed onto the rocky surface of the cave. The force of the water had inflicted a great deal of pain on his ragged body. “Are you alright?” Cadence asked as she saw him fall. He groaned loudly.

“Cadence. You must get back to our camp. Luna needs to see you. You must tell her what you have endured. Tell her where I am at. She will know what to do.” He was close to blacking out. The pain was too much for him this time.

“You aren’t going to leave me like this! Not now!” she yelled as she saw him slipping into unconsciousness.

“Cadence. Go. You are more important than me right now.” He said as he slipped into darkness.