• Published 28th Jan 2019
  • 481 Views, 64 Comments

Dear Feather Fall - Keywii_Cookies55



A joyful pony leaves her old life behind to start anew somewhere else. But what will happen? You tell me, it's interactive!

  • ...
0
 64
 481

1 Journey Start

Dear Feather Fall,

I can’t thank you enough for convincing me to move away from home. It hasn’t been a week and I’ve already seen so much of the world! I saw a waterfall, a cute dog, and two old ponies playing chess in the park!

It’s been great so far.

So how have you been? We used to talk daily, but I haven’t heard from you since I left. Little sad about that, but hey, that’s fine. I want to become pen pals, so that way we can write back and forth AND grow separately as ponies.

There’s nothing I want more than to talk to you mano e mano, but that’s okay, because I haven’t even told you the best part.

I’m in the city! I almost couldn’t believe it either. Little ol’ me in the big ol’ city, it’s like a dream come true! There’s so much to look at and listen to. At lunch there was a fight! Well... I mean, there was a rude customer yelling at the worker for the cafe, but if she was allowed to say something back, I’m sure there would have been a fight.

I’m really happy here, and hope you’ll really happy back there. I hope this letter gets to you and I hope things continue to be amazing. Maybe I’ll even get to meet a hobo! That’ll be so exciting!

But you don’t want to hear me talk about what I hope happens; you want to know what DID happen. And I can do that for you.

I left Friday in the morning, as you know, and took the train, there was a great meal cart on that train, lots of treats and they even had sparkling water, which is all fancy and tickles your throat when you drink it. And there was a crying foal in the next seat over, but that’s okay, it wasn’t too loud, so the other passengers didn’t look like they minded all that much.

The train ride wasn’t long, and we ended up in a small junction. There wasn’t much there, but it had a great view of mountains! Mountains are really tall. Like taller than you can throw even when you use your magic.

Then we got back on the train and went up the mountains, the air was thin I hear, but I when I stuck my head out the window it didn’t feel thinner, it just felt colder because of the wind. Trains move fast after all.

Then we arrived in a small town up in the mountains, I remember passing out, which could be from the thin air, or maybe it was just because I was really tired, the second train ride was a lot longer than the first and the sun was going down!

But that’s okay, I was woken up by one of the conductors of the train, she’s really nice and told me that there’s a motel I could spend the night in. She even offered to pay for it, but I declined.

In the loving memory of my mother, I will pay for things with my own money.

She was always stubborn like that, but I didn’t mind, I have money to spend on motels for a while, and the room I was in smelled like old bagels! I didn’t know rooms could smell like that by themselves, so I got to enjoy that all night. Or I would have if I didn’t go to sleep then.

Not much happened the next day (which was yesterday, if you’re paying attention) I got on another train and we made five stops. I got to sit beside an old mare and got to listen to her complain about her husband for over an hour! I smiled though; it was nice of her to talk to me for so long. And her husband sounds like a lost cause, but still probably a nice pony, I don’t know. I didn’t meet him.

Then I pulled into the station last night here in the city, I found another motel which didn’t smell like old bagels, but that’s okay, it was nice and clean, and the ponies in the room beside mine didn’t yell too loudly at each other.

Oh, they made up in the end, so things are good with them I hope. You can never have too much forgiveness.

There weren’t many books in that second room, but that’s okay, the one I got to read was so good. It was the Night the Sky Fell, and one of the pages was missing, but that means I got to guess what happened in the end. In my version Captain Skylark found his best friend and lover cheating on him, which will leave room for a sequel because it was with his older self and now he has to go into the future and stop what’ll happen.

It doesn’t fit the story, but I like it better this way. It makes me want to tell the author about my idea. I won't, but that'd be amazing.

I woke up late because of the busy day on the train and I got lunch at the cafe I told you about. Then as I ate my Danish and drank orange juice I decided to write this letter for you!

I hope you like it, and that things are going well for you. Have you found a new job? I hope to get one when I arrive tomorrow. I have all my stuff with me, but my money won’t last forever, I need to find a new job where I’m moving.

By the time you get this I’ll be settled in, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want you to write to me, please do. And I’ll write you back with all the interesting things that happened in the meantime. I need to go pay for my lunch or they’ll think I was stealing from them, I hope to hear from you soon!

-Your Friend Forever!

Author's Note:

At the end of every chapter I'll give a prompt for what you can focus on, but you can always suggest anything you want, this is just so people have something to fall back on if they can't think of anything.

Prompt: What sort of job will our protagonist get?