• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 1,696 Views, 15 Comments

Displaced Blade - Desperate Dawn



It was just a normal day really until two friends get thrown into the world of My Little Pony as their own Chosen Undead, as if that wasn't generic enough.

  • ...
10
 15
 1,696

Prologue

Vael unlocked the door to his apartment and swung the door open, unamused and slight irritation filled his face. How did a single project that was planned out since the beginning all crumble because of one guy that didn’t read the memo. After slamming the door behind him, he head for the living room and threw his backpack on the sofa. He plopped on the sofa and sank his body, making himself comfortable as much as possible. He sat in silence for a while before he stood up and head for the kitchen. Once he approached the fridge, he opened it and looked inside. It had a couple of sodas, some cold water and… where did that cider came from? Oh, right, Sid got the cider after the party he attended yesterday. He still couldn’t believe he brings a lot of cider and drank almost all of them under ten minutes, only leaving him two ciders, one he drank on the night and left the last one on the fridge.

He grabbed the cider and then opened it with a bottle opener at the side of the fridge, one where Sid literally attached it with flex-tape. How Sid can come up with a crazy idea that sounded stupid but it actually works is beyond him. Vael eventually returned to the living room, turning on the TV along with the Playstation 3 he bought couple of weeks ago.

The playstation was already filled with Harddisk full of game the only problem is, what game do he want to play? Switching game after game, Vael stopped at one game. It was Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. He contemplates for a moment, he played this game before and he already reached at two boss he hated the most; Smough and Ornstein.

He shrugged and hit play. He took a sip of the cider while the game is loading. He heard a door opened and turned his face towards Sid’s door, revealing a very messed up Sid; his hair is all over the place and his clothes are very loose. Sid yawned and asked, “What time is it?”

“It’s just after noon. I gotta say that I’m impressed that you drank a lot and still have the ability to walk.” Vael replied with a smirk.

“Oooh, shut up, my head is spinning like Mario Kart Racing 8 at ninety hundred and ninety-nine cc and a repeated red shell,” said Sid while he walked (or stumbling) towards the fridge.

“At least you didn’t get blue shelled at the last race when you just one point away from the guy below you.” Vael grumbled while selecting Load Game function.

“Oh, c’mon that was fun at the very least,” Sid said as he scoured through the fridge.

“Rage inducing fun is what you mean.” Vael retorted, finally loaded on his own Chosen Undead.

Sid returned from the kitchen bringing an ice pack and some sodas to the living room. “Huh, thought you left the game after the third tries you tried defeating Smough and Ornstein.”

Vael sighed as he checked his Chosen Undead stat, he built a dex/strength base character with plus four Elite Knight Armor set, and he also use a plus five Claymore with a plus three Crest Shield. Some miracles also attuned, notably Lightning Spear and Great Heal. As his secondary, he use plus one Silver Knight Spear and Thorolund Talisman. The rings were Ring of Steel Protection and Ring of Favor and Protection. He proceed to check on his inventory, plus three Zweihander, plus four Knight Shield and plus two Lightning Pike. The rest is at the bottomless box.

Vael changed the Silver Knight Spear to Lightning Pike before leaving the bonfire and head to the boss room. But before he can let the character enter, Sid stopped him.

“Let me help, just wait a minute or three.” Sid immediately left and entered his room. Sid was gone for at least four minutes while Vael waited patiently, suddenly there is a summon sign at the side of the boss door. He checked the summon stone to reveal Sid’s character name; “Siegfried”. By his phantom, he wore Standard Armor with a Steel Helm, a Black Leather Gauntlets (?) and Chain Leggings.

Vael rolled his eyes, and summoned Sid’s phantom. Once Sid’s character was successfully summoned he shouted to Sid’s room. “You just want to show off!”

“At least I’m better, you casuls!” came the reply from Sid.

Grumbling in annoyance, Sid’s character and his own entered the boss room. “You handle Smough while I handle Ornstein!” Vael commanded which immediately replied by Sid with a loud “Alright then!”

The two characters broke off, charging at the picked boss. The two boss’s also charged in, Ornstein with his Charging Stab while Smough charged with his hammer prone to the ground. The two was separated soon after, each fighting fiercely. Vael is having trouble blocking and/or dodging Ornstein’s Spear attack, he himself taken a couple of hits before falling back to heal with his Estus only to be Charged stabbed by Ornstein. Meanwhile, Sid is fairing pretty well, dodging through attacks and occasionally pokes Smough with his Dragonslayer Spear. Eventually, Smough fell and a cutscene where Ornstein absorbed Smough’s dead body and became bigger and powerful. Sid’s Chosen Undead then changed to Chaos Dark Sword and charged at Ornstein to help Vael’s Chosen Undead. The two Chosen Undead dodge and/or block Ornstein Phase Two attack, the two was fairing pretty well before the game screen suddenly went off alongside with the music that plays through in the background of the boss fight.

“What the heck?” Vael frowned and turned to Sid’s room. “Hey, Sid, does your game screen cuts off?”

“Yeah, your screen goes black too?” came the reply from Sid.

“Yep, the game just went ‘poof’ but the playstation still active though.”

Silence... Vael waited for a minute or two before shouting at Sid’s room again. “Yo dude, what the hell, why you’ve gone quiet all of sudden?” No reply came within the room, Vael growing concerned every second. “Sid?” He called out again but the reply is the same, silence. Suddenly, the TV screen buzzed and played every episode of My Little Pony in one swift motion.

“What the hell?” Vael’s stood up and stared at every episode that went pass through the screen at fast speed, and before he even know it. Darkness consumed his vision.


Vael awoken later with a headache, he is no longer at the apartment and instead he is somewhere outside since the first thing he saw waking up is the clear blue sky and the feeling of grass he was lied onto. He moaned in agony as if he was stabbed by something and the headache only makes it even worst. His first instinct was to look around, and what he saw around him is clear green fields surrounded with trees. “W-what the, where am I?” Vael tries to process what is going on while ignoring the pain he’s having right now. Vael rubbed his temple, only to rub a metal piece. Vael brain grinds into a halt, he slowly run his fingers across his face only to stop completely. He slowly bring his hand up, again he was stunned. That’s an Elite Knight Gauntlet. Vael quickly got up to a sitting position as he inspected his own body, and just as he thought, he was wearing Elite Knight Armor set. The different is that the helmet cover was opened, but if it was closed then he really are wearing the Elite Knight Armor set.

Stunned and shock is understatement, it only made his brain and other senses halted completely. And for a full on fifteen minutes there he sat quietly as his gaze didn’t focus on anything. Realization does hit hard and he screamed as loud as he can.

Somewhere in the woods, two kilometers away from Vael’s location. Sid heard the scream of his friend and ran as fast as his armor can carry him. After waking up somewhere in the forest and realizing that he wore a strange set of Armor and finding a Dark Sword not far from where he lay. “Vael, hang on, I’m coming!” Sid shouted while accelerating his pace, determined to help of what danger Vael’s had encountered to.

However, he only found an Elite Knight forming a ball, shaking. But then he remembers that Vael’s character wore Elite Knight set so he poked his finger at the Knight’s helmet. The Knight reaction was unexpected; the Knight jumped a few feet of the air while screaming, the Knight lands on his back and tries to crawl away. Sid rolled his eye, “Vael, it’s me, you can stop panicking now.”

Vael stopped his effort of crawling away from the dangers and turned towards a strange looking knight, how can the Knight know his name? Vael realized seconds later, “Wait a minute, Sid?”

“No, name’s Sieg,” Sid said sarcastically. “Of course it’s me, who do you think I am?”

“Sorry,” Vael stood up. “How did you find me, and how did you get here?”

Sid sighed, “Okay first, we both was playing Dark Souls and then the screen went black and then…” Sid pondered for a moment before shrugging. “Heck, I don’t know what happened, the next thing I know is waking up somewhere in this damn forest.”

“Do you know where we are?” Vael asked then Sid simply shrugged. “Great, were stuck in Dark Souls universe. Fan-friking-tastic, what’s next on the list, a Bonfire somewhere?”

There is a loud roar deep in the forest, Vael jumped out of shock and immediately lunged behind Sid for protection. Sid merely rolled his eye and drew his Dark Sword. “Wait, where did you get that?” Vael’s question was cut short by a bear jumped out to the clearing. The bear seemingly made with star and almost like an ethereal form and stood at almost seven-eight foot-tall, the bear growled as it stared at the two invaders. Both Knights eyes went wide with fear.

“W-what the fuck is that!?” Sid asked pointing at the star bear with his sword, his sword threatened to fall from his hand out of fear. Vael in the other hand knew exactly what that creature is. He knew it from a show he watched; it was an Ursa Minor and it’s angry. Perhaps they disturbed the Ursa’s sleep? Vael was broken out of his stupor as the Ursa lashed out with its giant claw at the Knight, swinging its right claw. The two rolled out of the way, the Ursa roared and lashed out again using its left claw at Sid. Sid tried to defend with his sword and surprisingly, it only thrown him a few yards as the claw contacted the sword, he took some scratches but otherwise he is fine albeit feeling a little tired. Sid gritted his teeth, “Alright, come get some you beast!” Sid roared, charging at the Ursa.

Vael watched his friend fought the Ursa, if he had a weapon right now he could help him. And speaking of which, his hand felt something as he tries to crawl away from the fight. He turned and raised his hand to the object, revealing a half-sheathed Claymore. Vael looked at Sid who was still fighting the Ursa, he inflicted damage to the Ursa but it only made it even angrier. The Ursa raised its two claws in the air and slammed it on the ground, Sid evaded the overhead attack and proceeds to inflicted more damage as he slash to the Ursa’s hands. Vael didn’t think much further as he grabbed the Claymore with two hands and charged to the Ursa, performing right heavy attack on the Ursa’s back. The Ursa cried out in pain and turned its attention to Vael. Sid took this opportunity to backstab the Ursa, he shoved his Dark Sword straight to the Ursa’s butt. The Ursa roared in agony as Sid pulled the sword back, kicking the Ursa to the front as he pulled. Vael saw this and rolled to the side as the starry beast fell to the ground.

“Whoowee, I really wanted to do that.” Sid says as he wipes his sweat, smiling at the fallen beast.

Vael looked at the Ursa, weak and vulnerable, the beast itself breathes slowly with heavy breath. He felt bad for attacking the Ursa but he had no choice. “C’mon, we better go before the mother comes,” Vael turned and walked away.

“Yo, wait for me!” Sid said as he went after Vael, leaving the Ursa.


The two walked in silent, neither know where they’re going but keep going nonetheless. Vael was awfully quiet most of the time. Sid didn’t say anything but his concern grows. Vael’s helmet cover is fully closed making Sid unable to read what’s going on with him. After a full on fifteen minutes of aimlessly wanders through the forest, Sid finally spoke up.

“Alright, what the hell is going on with you? You’ve gone quiet for the whole time ever since our encounter with… whatever that beast is.” Vael halted, looking sideways, perhaps glaring within the helm. Sid couldn’t tell for sure.

“Do you… remember about that show I’ve talked about months ago?” Vael asked. The way his voice seemingly harsher and breathless, Sid know that he’s been crying.

Sid raised an eyebrow but answered nonetheless. “Yeah, what about it, didn’t the ponies has nothing to do with this.”

“That... that thing is one of the show’s creatures.”

Both went quiet, Vael’s head face forward seemingly contemplates what he’s about to say next. Sid can only wait for him to speak more. Minutes pass but for the two, it felt like they were standing for hours and yet none of them able to voice out their reason.

Seeing Vael aren’t answering, Sid eventually spoke out to break the ice. “Alright, what the hell do you mean, that thing is one of the show creatures? What’s next, a fricking Griffon too?”

Vael once again went quiet, and unexpectedly drop down to his knee. Sid’s concern grows even more, three years as roommate is enough for him to understand what’s coming. And as he expected, Vael sobbed. Sid closes in the distance and knelt beside him, patting him on the back. Stress and anxiety is enough to make Vael cry. “There, there, you can tell me what’s going on so I can voice out how we can get out of here.”

“Don’t you get it?!” Vael snapped. “Our lives is over, we can’t go back.”

“Whoa whoa,” Sid was shocked by the sudden influx of emotion and immediately took a step back from him, giving Vael some space. “What do you mean our lives over? If this forest is somewhere in Equestria, then we can ask… I don’t know, maybe one of the Princess to send us back?”

“No, you don’t get it,” Vael looked at his hand. “We’re from Dark Souls universe as an Undead!”

Sid confusion grew, “I don’t think I can understand, care to elaborate?”

Vael sighed, standing up and opened his helmet cover. Sid can see that Vael’s face were weary and dried, a few trickles of tears can be seen at his cheek. Quite obviously been crying non-stop in silent ever since the Ursa’s encounter. Vael then wiped the rest of the tears off his face and turned to face Sid. “I’ve read many crossover fanfiction to understand this, most of these stories. None of the protagonist returned to their original world, well sure, some did return but…” Vael inhaled and exhaled deeply. “This is a multi-crossover between human, Dark Souls and MLP at the same time.”

Sid furrows his brow, growing even more confused. “And that mean?”

Vael sighed wearily, he just wanted to rest or perhaps end his suffering but going hollow isn’t included in his mind yet. “Let me simplify it for you, we’re human from earth,” He received a nod from Sid, which is quite obvious. Vael then continued, “We’re playing Dark Souls and suddenly we got thrown into the world of MLP and becomes our character.” Again, Sid nodded in agreement. “Do you know what that mean?” This time Sid shook his head, Vael can only sighed. “It means, even if we can find a way back, we get thrown into the world of Dark Souls. Unless you wanted to link the First Flame with so many dangers and horrors along the way with a risk losing your mind, then be my guess that you try.”

There was a pregnant silence before Sid speaks up. “So that means that we can’t go back to earth?”

“Yes, our lives pretty much over at earth, either we get accepted here or be thrown to the world of Dark Souls.”

“Then what about our family, they probably worried about us.”

Vael looked away, he stood up and walked to a tree and proceed to plopped down against the tree. “Shit if I know, the point is… we can’t go back.”

“Well, why can’t we use the Lordvessel if we can find a bonfire nearby and-“ Sid thrown that line of thought aside as that plan comes into effect. “Wait no nevermind, it means that we go back to Dark Souls universe.”

“You see what I mean? There is no fricking way out… might as well we live here.” Vael despair is enough for Sid to sit down and lean against a nearby tree and think about it.

“Then what should we do next?” Sid asked, all he need is a slight of hope that they can go back to earth.

“I don’t know, but I’m not going hollow.” Vael retorted, sulking deeper.

The two pretty much silenced, not knowing what to do nor to say. Sid suddenly had something to say regarding their status, “Wait, how do we know we’re undead?”

“Are you suggesting that you want me to kill you?” Vael said darkly. By the tone alone, it shows the despair and how broken Vael at this point. Sid slumped back to his tree, admitting defeat.

“No, the last thing I need is that my humanity was taken away from me.”

The two simply sat there, pondering of what’s going to happen to them in the future but one thing is certain for the two Knights. They can’t go back to their original life. They now waited for fate to judge what happens next, they let their own despair ruled over them.

Author's Note:

And here you go, my next story.

Leave a Like and comments if you enjoy it :twilightsmile:
If you find any errors or something, feel free to point it out and as always, have a nice day for all of you!

-Desperate out