• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 1,696 Views, 15 Comments

Displaced Blade - Desperate Dawn



It was just a normal day really until two friends get thrown into the world of My Little Pony as their own Chosen Undead, as if that wasn't generic enough.

  • ...
10
 15
 1,696

Chapter 1: "Warm Welcome"

The two knights sat on their respective trees, despair, concern, fear and desperation loomed over the two. It is unknown how long the two sat there but the sun had already been seen rising. The two ponders of what’s going to happen next, until one of the knight with a strange armor set, Sid, stood up.

“Alright, we’re done doing nothing here, let us fricking go somewhere and explore.” Sid said in irritation, it was way too long the two just sitting there doing nothing. It is time to do something.

The other knight, Vael, looked up from his stupor and huffed at Sid’s suggestion. “And where do we go? There is no telling what’s out there.”

Sid looked at Vael. He cannot let this misery go on any longer, “At least doing something is much more productive than staying here and let fate judge!” He shouted, grabbing his Dark Sword and walked over to Vael. “We’re going to move and explore, and I’ll drag you if I have to, so get up!”

Without Vael’s approval, Sid yanked him out his stupor and proceeds to shake him.

“Listen to me, if we do nothing here it is just the same as going hollow, so quit your bullshit and be with me for god sake!” Sid dropped him, leaving him dazed in the ground as he himself grabbed Vael’s Claymore and handed it to him.

“Look, I know shit happened but you have to be with me here, we’re in this together alright?”

Vael, confused and still trying to process what Sid just said finally gain composure and grabbed the Claymore, he stared at the Claymore and Sid back and forth.

“I…” Vael spoke out. “I-I can’t do this!”

Sid put his hand on Vael’s shoulder, “Listen to me, do you want to go hollow?” Vael shook his head. “Good, then we’re moving out of here, going somewhere is our best course of action than sit here and wait for the end of time. If you want to wait for that, then be my guess you wait, I’m going somewhere.”

Sid walked away, leaving Vael to think about it. But just as he took his fifteenth step, Vael shouted. “I’ll join you.”

Sid turned to him with a smile, “Then get over here and let’s get the check the countryside.”


The two walked alongside each other in alert, they both had the ‘feeling’ and if both had them, their Dark Souls instinct kicked in and made them more alert on anything as they ventured further. Well, it’s more of their own natural instinct boosted with their Dark Souls experience. Twenty minutes has passed, the two follow the edge of the forest until they found a large clearing up front, but soon they realized that they were in a high ground. Sid are brave enough to look down of how far down while Vael covered their back.

“Good news and bad news, the good news is that I’ve found a way down.” Sid said, keeping his eyes down the cliff. The cliff wasn’t all that deep, at least ten meters down.

“And what’s the bad news?” Vael asked.

Sid turned, walking away from the edge. “If we want to climb down, we might need a rope since its way to steep.”

“Great,” Vael rolled his eyes. “The safest way is that we find another way down, way too risky if we decide to take the direct path.”

Sid hearing picked up sound up in the distance, “Wait, do you hear that?”

Vael nodded as he heard the sound of multiple feet stomping the ground in unison. The two followed where the sound came from and there it was, in the clearing up front there was an army facing on each other, an army of ponies that is. One was clad in silver or iron armor while the others were clad in crystalline armor? Vael and Sid jaws dropped as they saw such a huge number of ponies, at least three or four thousand strong each. The one on the left had a light blue flag with the sun and moon at the center while the other had a purple flag with a greyed snowflake in the center along with some markings circling the snowflake.

“Dude?” Sid turned to Vael who still dumbfounded at the two armies. “You’re the show’s expert here, what the heck is going on?”

“It’s the Crystal War…” Vael muttered, keeping his gaze locked at (presumably) Equestrian army. “We’re at the unification era?”

“Is that bad?”

Vael shook his head, “I don’t think so, we just got thrown to the era before Nightmare Moon, and the show started a thousand year after Nightmare Moon.”

Sid looked towards the armies, each preparing to charge onto each other. “So you don’t know for sure of what’s going to happen?”

“Yep, the backstory is vague I admit, no one can tell for sure what happened back then. Most fiction I’ve read are either their speculation or just pure of their own imagination.”

“Yeaah, no, I’m not going to involve myself into that,” Sid said, pointing at the armies who still facing off each other. Both armies haven’t yet dared themselves to charge into the enemy.

Vael turned around, walking away from the edge. “Unless we find a bonfire somewhere, maybe we can face them.” Vael muttered to himself. No sooner after that, both armies sounded their horn as the indication of their charge. Both army thundered through the open plain and clashed in the middle. Sound of metal bashing each other and occasionally the sound of those who fall filled the surroundings. Vael shuddered and turned to Sid whom still watches the battle ahead of him.

“Sid!” Vael shouted. “C’mon, let’s go.”

Sid glanced sideways before turning back to the battle ahead. “I’ll be right behind you, give me a moment.”

Vael rolled his eyes under his helmet, walking down away from the forest edge. As he walked though, he noticed a change of scenery almost immediately. The otherwise grassy plain was replaced by trees, lots of them. Vael walked further until he stumbled upon a pathway, he looked around, spotting any kinds of danger that may lurks in the trees. He then felt a hand on his shoulder, giving him chills down to his spine. He gulped nervously as he felt the hand on his shoulder gave him a pat. He spins to find Sid holding a laugh as best as he can.

“Oh, goddamnit Sid, you almost gave me a heart attack!” Vael all but shouted at his companion, said companion finally burst out laughing.

“Y-you should… see you’re… face.” Sid said between his laugh.

Vael sighed, “I’m wearing a helmet.”

“And that’s why I’m imagining your dumb expression right now.” Sid said before laughing again.

“Alright that’s not funny, c’mon let’s go.” Vael turned, walking down the pathway. Leaving his partner behind, said partner quickly catches up with him.

“Yo wait up. You know that I’m just trying to ease up the mood,” Sid said, finally catching up.

“Oh har har, I know that’s a joke but that is incredibly dangerous one, I could’ve swing my sword at you.” Vael scolded, he did not like that at all. They don’t know what dangers lurk in this forest but for playing around like that can be downright dangerous.

“Jeez sorry dude, I can’t really help but to scare you.” Sid apologized. “Besides, you kinda take this too seriously, you need to ease up.”

“This is a matter between life and death, Sid! You don’t joke around in a situation that can threaten us.” Vael snapped, his emotion couldn’t be contained lately. He is really stressed out, he just wanted to get the hell out of this damn world and contact his parent.

“And so what?” Sid asked before shrugging. “I mean, yeah we might die soon but that doesn’t mean we can have our last fun.”

“I can’t believe you right now,” Vael sighed.

The two walked in silence, following the pathway. Sid craned his arms around his shoulder, bored while Vael occasionally glanced sideways or in the trees, spotting any possible danger. Vael raised his hand, halting Sid’s daydream. Vael heard a distant thumping of metal, in case he was just hearing things. He asked Sid if he hear it too.

“Yeah, I hear it, and it’s… getting… closer?” Sid looked to Vael. The two then nodded and proceeds to hide behind the trees at the opposite side. Soon, the thumping gets closer and closer and it revealed to be Princess Luna, why is she doing here? She wasn’t alone however as at least a small band of Royal Guards with silver armor and without their crest marches in three rows behind the Princess. They have a sword (short-sword to the two knights) at their side, and unlike them; Princess Luna had a black chest-plate with her crescent moon symbol along with the same colored helmet. They marched past where the two friends hiding. Vael was amazed and has a hard time to hold his fangasm, Sid however watched them carefully. He had a bad feeling about this.

And thus, his bad feeling comes true as arrows hit one of the rear guard. The guard cries in pain, shocking the rest including the Princess and soon afterwards, arrows starts to fly. Princess Luna acted fast and formed a protective barrier around her guards and shortly after the arrow rain, a battle-cry was heard from the distance. Crystal Pony clad in silvery-blue crystal armor with a sword on their maw, was charging straight at them. Princess Luna summoned her own sword; a black winged cross-guard along her crescent moon at the center. She unformed the barrier and cried her own battle-cry, charging to the crystal ponies and her guards followed soon after.

The two opposite faction clashed onto each other, Princess Luna swiftly cut down the first and then the second crystal pony. The third manage to block her swing only to be strike down by one of her guards at the neck. Sid thought the battle quite amazing for something that hadn’t an arm to swing them. Sid walked out of his hiding spot and whistled at the battle ahead.

“Good thing we evade that, right Vael?” Sid said but he didn’t get any reply from Vael, he called out to him again. “Vael?” Sid looked back towards the battle. It seems the battle will be over soon.


Princess Luna thrust her sword deep into the crystal pony, pulling it out as she watched the pony’s life slipped away in the ground. The battle is far from over, the enemy still had a couple of them left and she’s intended not to leave any survivor. A cry from behind surprised the Lunar Princess, one of the crystal pony manage to slip behind her and swung its sword at her. Before the sword made contact with her flesh, the crystal pony was struck on the neck by the hilt of a claymore. Her savior stands at its hind-legs, and the claymore’s edge was held on its arm? She was quick to notice that the creature that saved her is bipedal, almost resembled to a Minotaur minus the horn.

The creature pulled its claymore out of the body and then held it on its hilt. Princess Luna still tries to comprehend where did this creature came from and why did it save her, but her thoughts was cut short as the creature shouted, “Behind you!” while raising its claymore high.

Princess Luna sidestepped and then the sword was swung to the attacker, the sword struck deep to the crystal pony’s shoulder and soon after, the creature pulled its claymore out letting the dead pony slumped into the ground. The enemy was defeated but at the cost of five soldiers. Just as she wanted to say her gratitude, somepony (or more precisely someone) shouted.

“Vael you idiot!” One of the bipedal creatures ran at them with its sword drawn, Princess Luna’s escort was quick to ready themselves but was gestured to stand down by the Princess as the creature that had just saved her walked towards the other bipedal creature.

“You are a fricking idiot, Vael! You could’ve got yourself killed there!” the other bipedal creature shouted at her savior. Her savior rubbed a hand at the back of its helmet, apologizing to the shouting biped.

“Sorry, Sid, I think I got caught up to the action.”

“Caught up!?” the other creature asked furiously. “You just ran straight to trouble by helping these ponies!”

“And so, what about it?” her savior asked back.

“Y-you… you!” the other creature seems at a loss of words as it moved its hand at a confusing gesture the Princess cannot understand, but she assumed that the creature basically gesturing ‘Why’ at her savior. Soon the other creature facepalmed to its iron clad helmet.

She cleared her throat to gain the attention of the two, and almost immediately the two turned at her. The two towered over her, they almost as tall as her sister Celestia. She motioned her hooves at them to lower their weapon, and they soon sheathed their blade to their respective scabbard.

Princess Luna then begins her introduction. “Greetings creature, we art Princess Luna. We counts thee as creditor from saving us from danger, thus thou hast earned our gratitude.”

The two creatures looked at each other and then nodded. Her savior was first to spoke up.

“Hello, my name is Knight Vael of Astora. It is a pleasure to meet you, Princess.” It bowed. Then the other stepped forward to introduce itself.

“And I am Siegfried of Astora, tis a pleasure to meet thee, Princess.”

The creature named Vael looked at Siegfried as it had grown two heads. Siegfried stared at Vael questioningly and then he spoke, “What?”

“Nevermind,” Knight Vael said and turned towards the Lunar Princess, bowing again. “Our apologize Princess.”

Princess Luna gestured with a wave of her wing. “Twas nothing, but still. Thine manner of speech seemeth different from ours, foreigner perhaps?”

Vael nodded, “You are very correct, Princess. We are from the land of Lordran and we have cometh to thine land to… uhh...” before Vael can answer, Siegfried beat him to it.

“We have come to thy land so we can find someone worthy of our blade, and also to seeketh a glory of our own.” He said proudly.

Princess Luna nodded and turned towards one of the guard. “Sir Glorious Shield, we hereby decree to accept Knight Vael of Astora and Knight Siegfried of Astora within the ranks of Equestrian Army.”

Said stallion saluted. “Yes, Princess.”

She then turned towards the two knights with a smile on her face, “Let us beest the first to welcome thee to the land of Equine or should beest known as, Equestria.”

The guards then cheered as a sign of welcome, Princess Luna motioned the two to follow them through the path and into the clearing where they can see the battle that rages on from afar. As the two walked alongside the soldiers, Vael muttered to himself.

“Huh, somehow that worked.” Vael did not ponder any longer as he shrugged. “If it works, don’t question it I guess.”

Author's Note:

And here we go, fillies and gentlecolts.
Adventure awaits the two friends in this land as a Chosen Undead.
Aaagh, I can't wait to write more! :raritywink:
But alas, I have such a limited time :unsuresweetie:


Aaanyway!

First off, I want to point out that the game mechanics will be mixed with the realistic aspect of the world such as how their inventory works. So, no changing equipment or armor without the presence of a bonfire. If they rest near a bonfire or a campfire, there will be some of the game aspect like the usual menu where you access bonfire at the appearance of a wooden tablet and the rest will not be spoiled any longer.

But other than that, I wish you guys some happy reading and hope you all have a very nice day :pinkiehappy:

-Desperate out