• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 577 Views, 13 Comments

Soul ponies (MLP and Soul Eater crossover) - Waz5up



What happens if you take the characteristics of Soul Eater and mix it with MLP, this happens. Previous knowledge of MLP is needed but not from SE, in this story you will see magic, action and adventures involving the main 6 and friends

  • ...
 13
 577

Chapter 7 The party of today and getting ready for tonight

“Come on Mud” said Maud while concentrating in keeping her form.

“Getting there Maud” the truth was that both Maud and Mud did not only look and act similar but even their names were similar, this could be one of those soulmates’ cases.

At the moment Mud and Maud were winning since Shining hadn’t been able to attack and had had to stay in a defensive stance receiving the constant outbreaks, Cadence was already starting to feel the result of all the cuts, right at the centre the pickaxe was destroying the surface a bit at a time.

Shining noticed that they couldn’t stay like that for much longer or they would lose, he took the opportunity when Mud was preparing another attack to avoid it (by centimetres but still) and get far from the pair. Even with that Shining Armor knew that they didn’t have much time until the next attack, that guy was slim but he had a heck of stamina.

Shining decided that attack from the distance was the best option, Mudbriar would need to get close but Shining didn’t need to, Shining looked at Cadence and both agreed in what to do, Shining got his arm out of the strap on Cadence and grabbing one of the shield’s side he threw it with and effect that reminded the girls of how Twilight had used Rarity’s weapon form, the girls looked at Twilight with confusion on their faces.

Laughing nervously Twilight said “Well, you know my brother is someone that I have always look up to so…” Understanding the similarity everyone turned back to look at what had happened, Mudbrier had avoided the attack and Shining Armor was trying to launch Cadence in different manners to get him, the problem was that Mud was too fast and Cadence too big and slow, they were running out of options, Shining kept trying to hit Mud with Cadence flying attacks and Mud kept getting closer and even attacking eventually, the emotions were up.

“Go Mud, show them you my in-law! Go Maud go!” Pinkie was as excited as the fanatics that went to a sport event and lived every second with emotions, apparently the cheering was funny because Applejack was trying to hold her laugh, now it was Twilight the one that had doubts.

“Oh, it’s nothing sugarcube, it’s just that at the beginning, Pinkie couldn’t be in the same room as Mudbriar and now she is a fan, you should have seen her then”

“Really?” asked Twilight now intrigued

Thinking what to say more like how Pinkie answered “yeah, at the beginning I didn’t like him, I thought that he wasn’t good enough for Maud but she has told me that she likes him and Mud and I worry about Maud so with time we got better, now we are fine”

The fight continued, Mud attacked and gained a little advantage, then Shining tried to attack which made Mud avoid the attacks and retreat a little, it seemed that this was going to continue for a while and only the one with the best stamina would win. Looking to the fight with her sister Pinkie had an idea that didn’t seemed as a good one but still she was going to proposed, she turned to face Twilight to ask, “hey Twilight, you know what would be cool when the fight finish?”

Looking apart from the battle once more Twilight focused on the question “I don’t know Pinkie, what?”

“WE should have a fight”

“What now?”

“Think about it, my sister and your brother are fighting, if your brother wins, we won’t do anything but if Mud wins then we could have a battle, an EPIC battle Twilight, and if you don’t know it, I’m fairly different from my sisters”

“Well, I guess that we could do that, anyway Cadence is already angry so ok and how’s that of being different?”

“You see, Maud is the oldest and she is a pickaxe, my other older sister Limestone is a hammer and my younger sister, Marble, is a ram, but I’m a revolver like my granny!”

“That’s very odd, I mean, usually the kids with same origin get similar abilities”

At that moment a war cry distracted them from their conversation, blood was dripping from the shield, Mud had got to hit in the critic point and not him not Maud seemed to be suffering in excess, with decision in his eyes, at least Twilight thought that the expressionless face was decision, Mud shouted and synchronized his soul with his partner, “Maud, soul resonance!” the shout was still relatively monotone, after that a powerful blue essence surrounded both, Maud’s form grew bigger with a violet and silver glow having now a scythe like form, they all new that now the hits were going to be at least twice as hard.

Seeing this Shining Armor realised that you have to fight the fire with more fire, so he acted knowing that Cadence was thinking the same way, “Cadence, Soul Resonance!”, this time a mix of purple and blue surrounded both, Cadence’s form grew bigger as well, and now there weren’t spikes just on the borders but on the centre as well, just terrific.

Both meisters looked at each other, both knew that this was to end shortly and both jumped to the attack, Mud zigzagged towards Shining Armor decided, when he was getting closer Shining Armor charged against him with all his strength hoping him to receive the strike, seeing this Mud stopped and using Maud’s handle he stopped the advance of Shining by hitting where there weren’t spikes.

By the force of the impact Shining shook on his feet trying to recover some balance which gave Mud enough time as to hit Shining straight with Maud sending him to stay on his knees because of the pain, positioning himself Mud knew that they couldn’t attack back, they had won and both Shining and Cadence knew this as well.

Mud retreated and Maud transformed back to her human form, Cadence did the same and helped his mate to stand up, they both were beaten down really badly but they still could stand, what made Cadence the angriest was that she had accepted and one thing was clear, she maintained her word which now meant to let Twilight on her own, she looked towards Maud, on her face, her inexpressive face Cadence saw that she was expecting for her to do what she had promised.

“Woohoo Maud! You were amazing, yeahhh!” Pinkie was jumping with emotion blaring about how well they had done it but she still commented that Shining and Cadence had fought well, she then turned towards Twilight excited, “Come on Twilight, now us!”

At the mention of this Cadence passed from just defeated to hold my drink, “What!?” Listening this all turned towards her and when Cadence’s and Maud’s eyes locked on each other the message was clear, “ok, go on but this is still a horrible idea” after this Cadence and Shining retired to watch the fight and when Maud and Mud saw that Pinkie and Applejack where going to fight they both gave their thumbs up and Maud said good luck also retiring to one side to watch the fight.

Rarity and Pinkie transformed and Twilight and Applejack waited looking at each other, Applejack had already seen Twilight fight and that was an advantage that Twilight couldn’t forget, still she had the advantage that she could launch Rarity but Applejack had to aim and get the shots, they the prepared and Applejack initiated the attack running and shooting making Twilight avoid the attacks, after an amount of shoots Twilight saw a pattern and was able to start blocking the bullets, Applejack moved in circles and shoot from the distance and once that Twilight saw an opportunity she jumped to attack trying to slice Applejack from the height.

Applejack almost didn’t avoided it, with this Twilight had realised something, Applejack was very strong and precise but because of her size she was slow and to aim correctly she needed to stay still so if Twilight was able to not let her stop moving she would have an opportunity, she continuously tried to slice Applejack from the top and bottom, she moved and thanks to her speed Applejack didn’t even have enough time to think and Twilight was able to slice her several times.

When she was being attacked Applejack saw that this wasn’t going to be a fast battle but in a sense she was letting Twilight attack to be able to see how she fought and when she had it clear she just kicked Twilight a few metres back and got ready, looking at Pinkie she had clear what they had to do, “ya ready Pinks?”, excited and knowing what her cousin meant she advised Twilight, “woohoo, get ready Twily, now the party begins!” After that both made their Soul Resonance and the rest saw how a bluish light surrounded them.

“Twilight dear, what do you think that Pinkie’s form will be?”, Rarity was puzzled without knowing what to expect. “I’m not sure but I guess that since she is a revolver maybe she will turn into a shotgun or something like that”

“Yeah, that’s what most people expect when they see Pinkie” Maud said, “but I’m going to tell you that when Pinkie starts a party she does it in the big way” she finished saying and now Twilight and Rarity didn’t know what to expect, seeing this they also made the Soul Resonance, surrounded this time by a purple light Rarity’s blades grew larger and now both were symmetrical with a large handle coming from the middle, the rest didn’t expect that but clearly that wasn’t close to Twilight’s and Rarity’s reaction to Pinkie, she was a cannon, a CANNON for god’s sake.

“What in the world?! From a revolver you passed to a cannon?!” Unbelievable, that’s what Twilight was thinking. Pinkie now was a cannon and a relatively small one since Applejack could hold her under her arm, she had a tone between silver and light blue and even wheels, this was crazy.

“Oh yeah! If you are going to have a party you better make it big Twily”

What was scaring Twilight the most was how happy Pinkie sounded, thinking now of a new strategy Twilight didn’t realise that Applejack was charging and then shot, if the shot would have reach her she would already be on the infirmary, this was bad and now it was Twilight the one that couldn’t think, now she had to get close and Applejack didn’t even need to move, just fantastic.

For the next few minutes Twilight tried to get close and Applejack kept shooting until one shoot hit her and send her away, Twilight now was on the floor feeling just as she felt against Rainbow Dash, she was loosing and she didn’t saw a way of winning, she looked to her left and saw everyone’s faces, especially she focused on Cadence’s disappointing face, she knew that Cadence didn’t believe in her and that Cadence already was angry at her so she was going to fight, she was going to show everybody and herself that she could fight until the end.

Twilight got on her feet more decided than ever in her life probably, she had to fight until she couldn’t anymore, she ran straight against Applejack and she prepared another shot, when she was close enough she jumped to the floor and slid between Applejack’s legs, Applejack failed the shot and that gave Twilight enough time as to step, spin and slice Applejack’s back which send her to her knees, Twilight got ready to attack again but Applejack turned and kicked Twilight’s leg which made her loose balance and fall to the floor, Twilight quickly jumped back, she prepared to attack quickly and when she was mere centimetres to cut Applejack’s neck she had to stop because she had pressed Pinkie against her abdomen, she moved the slightly Applejack would shoot and that surely would send her to the infirmary but in that case Twilight could also attack and cut her, this was a draw.

Pinkie and Rarity transformed back and shook hands like their meisters and then someone started clapping, they looked and it was Maud and Mud, “good job Pinkie, cousin, you did great” nobody doubted that Maud was feeling what she was saying but it was hard to tell with that tone of hers, Twilight then looked to Cadence and she looked just as before but for a second she could swear that there was something else on her eyes, she looked at Shining Armor and he looked more sad than anything else, “talk to you later sis, ok?” Twilight nodded and they went away.

Now looking around the girls realised that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were nowhere to be seen, “hey sis, where did Flutters and Dash went?” Pinkie sure was fast for everything, “oh, they told us that they had to go to class, they should come out shortly, well Pinkie, we have to go, tomorrow we go on a mission” Maud said and then gave both Pinkie and Applejack a hug and a handshake to Twilight and Rarity before saying “if you are Pinkie’s friends then it’s okay to me”, both nodded and after Mud did the same they left.

Twilight and Rarity talked a bit to Applejack and Pinkie until the students started to get out of class, among the mass of students they found Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, “sup guys” said Rainbow, “who won?”

“We ended with a draw sugarcube”

“Oh, that’s boring, ah bookworm, Fluttershy took notes if you want them”

Twilight thought for a moment before realising that it was her who Rainbow was referring to “wait, bookworm?”

“yeah, yeah, that’s great, look, you can tell us all about today’s fights while we go to our house, Pinks there and cowgirl have a mission tonight with us and we have to get ready”

“Then we shouldn’t interrupt you”

“Nah, come eat with us, if you can feed five you can feed ten, right Flutters?”

“Of course, Rainbow Dash, it’s always nice to have friends over”

And with that the six girls went to Fluttershy’s and Rainbow’s home, they ate, talked and enjoyed each other, Rarity and Twilight said bye and Applejack and Pinkie stayed since their mission would start at night, everything was going to be fine, just a mission to stop a treat, then they went to sleep and wait until the time to go out.

When Fluttershy fell asleep, she as the rest of her friends was really happy, she even was a little excited to see their enemy, what would they be fighting?.

Later that night the wind was blowing with an unsetting quiteness in a forest far from the Academy, there wasn't a voice to be heard until,

"Come on guys, it's right there!"

Fluttershy and the rest were following Rainbow Dash because she had found where the demon was, they were running through a maze and suddenly Fluttershy was alone, surrounded by tall and death bushes, she had to find her friends and get on track again, when she tried to see where she was she heard a voice that she knew too well and that made her freeze where she was, “hello sis, long time no seeing you, aren’t you happy to see your little brother?”

She turned around to encounter a nightmare, her worst nightmare more real than ever “Zeph?”

"Ha, ha, what? Have you seen a ghost?"

This couldn't be, this couldn't be happening, this just can't be true.

Author's Note:

Well, this was intense, my biggest struggle are battles but I want to try and write s bit of all.

I would love to read what you have to say, especially I would like to know what did you think of the fights, in case that you didn't get the references Twilight would be a Valkyrie and AJ a giant noble both from Clash Royale.

And most importantly what do you think that will happen with Zephyr, tchan, tchan, tchan.

I'll be trying to get an episode sooner than once a month and a quick question to those of you with English as your mother tongue, is there any caring way to call a brother-in-law that's not that, it just sounds weird.

As always have a nice day.