• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 576 Views, 13 Comments

Soul ponies (MLP and Soul Eater crossover) - Waz5up



What happens if you take the characteristics of Soul Eater and mix it with MLP, this happens. Previous knowledge of MLP is needed but not from SE, in this story you will see magic, action and adventures involving the main 6 and friends

  • ...
 13
 576

Chapter 5 Getting to know you

Author's Note:

Hello, new chapter here, I want to say that I want to try and update every five days more or less, I also want to say that if I publish a poll I'll only count the first two days' results, otherway I wouldn't have time to write in those days.

Having said this the last chapters days were 50% Fluttershy and 50% Pinkie Pie until last day were I was finishing the chapter, is for this the paragraph above.

Lastly, as you can expect next chapter will be Rainbow and Rarity's backstories, from there we'll have more action and fluency.

As always feedback, both good and bad is appreciated, if you want to say anything please do so because that could help me improve.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

“Well, I wanted to know is you do this very often, you know, fighting with everybody and all that”, Twilight had other questions on her mind but she preferred to ask those to someone less… volatile.

“Of course that I do! How else could I show how great and awesome I am if I don’t beat every single soul in the Academy!” well, Twilight expected something like this and seeing Rainbow’s reaction she decided to save her questions for later at least.

Twilight now was puzzled and she certainly didn’t know what else she could say to avoid that uncomfortable silence, at that moment Rainbow talked again.

“Hey AJ, did you already deliver the report?”

“Ah sure did”

“And tell me, how did the Mayor look at you when she saw that you were late?” now Rainbow was starting to enjoy the stressed face that AJ had.

Doubting at first Applejack answered “well, she wasn’t really pleased to see the delay but she said that 1 in 52 wasn’t that bad”

Now with even more doubts Twilight asked “wait, isn’t the secretary called May”

AJ understood the doubt and she quickly explained “in fact her name is Mary but she is really good at paperwork and at leadership so everyone just calls her Mayor, she even likes it so it’s not a problem if you hear someone refers to her like that”

Now with that being said, the four girls stayed silent, not only because they didn’t have anything to say but because they were out of an infirmary, a few minutes later the nurse RedHeart got out of the infirmary, her uniform was wrinkled and had some blood on it as well, she looked tired and they could understand why. She looked at the four and spoke to Rainbow trying to remain calm.

“Rainbow, can you please explain what happened this time?”

“Sure, I saw magic girl here and I decided that I had to defeat here, we fought and when we were winning and angry granny that is related to her came and interrupted us, after that we stopped fighting and when I realised Fluttershy had fainted from her injuries so I took her to the infirmary and now here we are” Rainbow said everything as if it was the most normal thing.

“Rainbow Dash, you don’t stop fighting with everybody, this is the fourth fight this week and today is Wednesday, and even though Fluttershy is really resilient she won’t get very far if you keep getting her into the infirmary”

RedHeart was being completely serious and Rainbow now had a puzzled face, then Dash asked “can I see her?”

RedHeart still with a serious face talked again “no Rainbow because after you see her you will just go home, you fight too much and take very little consequences so you are going to principal Celestia’s office to tell her what you have done, when you are finished there you can come and see her”

“What?! That’s totally unfair!”

“Rainbow, low your volume and it is not unfair, you must learn that every action has a reaction, you can’t always get things your way”

Now Rainbow was defeated, she knew that she could just pass through the nurse and then escaped through a window, she could do that but Fluttershy then would be disappointed and she didn’t want that.

“Ok nurse, I’ll tell Celestia but I’ll be back right away” Rainbow turned around to leave.

“Wait sugarcube, I actually want to go for a walk, that way we can talk ok?” Applejack went behind Rainbow Dash and she accepted, they left and then the nurse talked to the three girls.

“Well girls, would you like to see Fluttershy? She is awake and now she could use a visit, especially from you Pinkie, I know that you will cheer her up for sure”

“Sure nurse, let’s go girls!”

Inside the room there wasn’t anything unusual, at the opposite side from the door there was a window, on the left side there were three beds, Fluttershy was in the one closer to the window, on the right side of the room there were a table and the most usual medicaments needed, at the right back there was a bathroom for the sick students.

“Hey Fluttershy! We came to see how you are doing” Pinkie was, very direct

Fluttershy was seated but had her head on the pillow, when she heard the cheerful call she turned and was glad that it was Pinkie and the rest, she tried to sit straight even though her injuries hurt horribly, “hello Pinkie, hello to you too guys, where are Rainbow and Applejack, are they ok?”

“Oh, they are ok but Rainbow had to go and talk with Celestia about the fights and AJ wanted to go with her, but don’t worry your little head a bit, there will come” while saying so Pinkie went to hug Fluttershy without realising the cuts and hits all over her body”

“Aggh!”

Pinkie realised the harm done and quickly stopped hugging Fluttershy “I’m so so sorry Fluttershy, I didn’t remember, are you okay?”

Now with a pained face Fluttershy tried to reassure Pinkie and calm her “I’m fine Pinkie, when I’m better I’ll give you a hug, don’t worry”

Pinkie though that that was probably a lie but she didn’t want to argue with her, while Fluttershy and Pinkie talked Twilight saw that the nurse wasn’t there “Hey guys, where did the nurse go?”

“Oh, when I awoke, she told me that she needed to go and pick some supplies from the Academy’s basement, I think that she talked about boxes of medicaments and some casts”

“Well, if she needs several boxes, she won’t be able to carry all of them, I think that I’ll help her, the quicker she gets back the sooner she can look at your injuries, I can still use lifting magic after all, is not a big thing but it’ll be enough”

Pinkie though “hey, didn’t you say before that magic was forbidden?”

“yes I did, something like lift a chair is not that powerful and I can use those kind of spells if a teacher or the principal allows it to help someone.

“But what if the nurse says no? I know, I’ll go with you to help, anyway you need help because you sure don’t know where the medical section is in the basement”

Twilight though about it for a moment but she realised that she indeed didn’t know where the room was, “ok Pinkie, I could use the help, will you guys be okay if we leave?”

Rarity was the one to answer “sure darling, I think that we’ll be able to get to know each other”, at this Fluttershy smiled and nodded, then Pinkie and Twilight got on their way and out of the room.

For a few minutes they both were silent didn’t know exactly what to say, Rarity once more decided to talk, “are you feeling better?”

“oh yes, now that I’m patched, I feel really fine, in two days I’ll be on my feet again”

“two days? Allow me to doubt darling but if I were in your condition, I would at least need a week”

Fluttershy had a puzzled face but Pinkie always told her to try and be herself to make more friends and Rarity looked like a nice person so she decided to try and get on well with her “It’s ok, I promise, I have been in this situation quite a few times and I know what I can and can’t stand”

“nonsense dear, a hit is a hit and that must hurt really bad, I’m sure”

“Don’t worry so much, my metal is harder than most stones, rocks or gems, and Rainbow and I train daily, I don’t want to fail, I can’t fail”

“Fail? Darling, even the greatest fighters can’t always win, and for what I saw you are a very good fighter, you also made a good team by the way”

“What I meant is that my work is to ease Rainbow’s work and if I can’t do that and make her win that means that I’m failing”

“Dear, I understand that win is what we are supposed to do but it’s not only your responsibility, it also depends on your partner and in what your opponent can do”

Fluttershy now looked thoughtful “do you know my family?” Rarity’s expression showed that she didn’t, “well, my family is one of the best weapon’s family, the Uchikis” now Rarity understood where she was going, “in my family we train since we are able to walk to be the best, victory is our objective, is for that that I can’t fail and that is also the reason that I’m so resilient, as you said most weapons would need at least a week but to me two days is enough”

“But all that pressure must be horrible, I can’t just imagine what trying to fulfil those standards must feel like”

“It’s not horrible if you grow up living like that”

“Wait, so, that thing that Rainbow Dash mentioned before?”

“Oh yes, each generation one of us gets this ability”

“So, you don’t have any brothers?”

At the mention of this Fluttershy looked at her lap with a darker glow in her eyes like if she was in pain, then she replied “I do have a brother, he inherited the katana form, he knows how to use it”

“I’m sorry if I brought that up, I didn’t though that you might not want to talk about that”

“Once again, is okay, you can’t know what is wrong if you don’t ask, that is something that Pinkie always says, and about my brother he, he just likes to get in troubles but he is sweet, if you get to know him, he, he just has some…problems when relating to other people, he sometimes gets aggressive and…”

“That’s fine dear, that’s perfectly fine” Rarity was trying to make Fluttershy understand that she didn’t need to keep telling her about the subject.

And so, both weapons kept talking getting to know more about each other, much lower in the Academy a weapon and a meister were having a conversation, more like Pinkie was talking nonstop and Twilight was trying to keep up with her.

“So Twily, do you want to play something?”

“Not really, we now have a mission, to find the nurse and help her, then go back to the infirmary and from there we can decide what to do”

“Aww, but that’s boring, how can we become good friends if we don’t get to know each other?”

“Well, you already know about me, I have a brother, actually I have two, I have my parents and my sister in law, and of course Rarity, I like plans and order and fighting is not something that I’m really passionate about”

“Ok! Then I’ll tell you about myself okay?”

Twilight wanted to say in an elegant way that they shouldn’t waste energy but Pinkie looked really happy with the “getting to know each other” idea so she just went with it, “Sure Pinkie, I’m listening”

“Super! Well, I grew up on a farm, I’m the third of four sisters, my parents and my sisters aren’t as cheerful as I am but if we’re together I know that they are happy, also, everyone in my family are weapons just like me but only my biggest sister goes to the Academy”

“Umm, now that you mention it, have you always been so happy, I mean 24/7”

“Not always, when I was small I was kind of like a rock, like the rest of my family but my granny Pie sure knew how to make me happy, she was the best”, Pinkie then put a more neutral face and continued “then my granny passed away and we were super sad for a while but then we moved closer to my cousin’s place, it’s then when I saw how big our family was, I saw that they were also sad and that they needed someone, so that made me realise that I wanted everybody to be happy”

“You mean Applejack when her parents were…?”

“Oh, yes”

“But Pinkie, are you truly happy or…?”

“Of course that I am”, now Pinkie looked completely serious and determined, “I mean, is not that I can always smile at every single moment but I know that doing that makes other people happy, that my friends and family are happy is the thing that makes me the happiest. It’s for that that I don’t care, if I would need to smile 40 hours straight I would do it” After that Pinkie relaxed herself and finished, “You know? Sometimes it is hard to be me, people think that I’m all bubbles and laughter, they say that I am not sincere but the sincerest thing about me is that I want others to be happy”

Twilight thought for a moment and then spoke her mind, “I get it but make others happy by turning your back on your own wellbeing is not healthy, sure that Applejack has say that to you”

“How did you know?”

“She looks really honest”

“Well, I don’t feel bad, I make others happy and that makes me happy, then at home I recharge myself with energy and sugar to do that again, trust me Twily, I have been doing this for a while”

“Then I guess that that’s okay”

Both Pinkie and Twilight kept walking forward, now Pinkie was starting to bounce and hum like before they started to talk, eventually they got to the room and saw nurse RedHeart trying to lift several boxes, Pinkie wasn’t a genius but she knew that that was too much for a single person even though the nurse was an Earther what the nurse had more trained was her brain and not her muscles.

“Hey doc! We came to help”

At that moment the nurse got scared and jumped back, then she realised that it was Pinkie and Twilight and she calmed down, after that she asked “girls, what are you doing down here?”

“We came to help you, maybe you are deaf doc” Pinkie was already on her happy mood once more

“Well, thank you girls, actually I could use some help, getting all the supplies to the infirmary would take me an eternity”

“That’s fine, let’s go Pinkie, the quicker we get the supplies the sooner the nurse can go and check on Fluttershy”

After that the three get to work, each carrying two boxes, except Twilight that thank to her telekinesis could carry one more box, they got on a lively chat until they were once more on the infirmary. When they got there, they saw that Rainbow and Applejack had returned and Fluttershy was asleep, Rarity said that while Twilight and Pinkie were gone her and Fluttershy had been chatting, in fact she said that they got really well with each other, a while later Fluttershy fell asleep of tiredness and it’s around the same time when both Rainbow and AJ returned.

They chatted and talked and then everyone when to their homes, Pinkie and AJ said bye happily and went to their apartment, Rarity and Twilight said “see you tomorrow” and Rainbow decided to race to her home to fall asleep, today the girls didn’t have class but tomorrow will be a new day, and while they were walking Twilight and Rarity decided to talk about what they had learned about their new friends.