• Published 29th Jan 2019
  • 6,447 Views, 376 Comments

The Dragon Lord's Legacy - Little_Draco



Spike awakens and his time to return to world has come. With added family, grown body and new challenges to face, Spike will find the world has changed without him and he must adapt, even if pain must come from it.

  • ...
9
 376
 6,447

Home is where the Heart is

Dragon Lord’s Legacy

Home is Where the Heart is

Spike, along with his hoard, continued their shopping alongside Discord and Fluttershy. As they progressed with their shopping, Spike walked alongside Discord to speak about the upcoming Friendship festival in Canterlot.

“So you're not going to the festival?” Spike asked, confused. “I thought that you wanted to cause some chaos at an event that big?”

Discord mutters something along the lines of, ‘Movie Budget cuts,’ and ‘High paid voice actresses to take over the movie’. He gave a grunt and conjured up a booklet, began flipping the pages of it, the Front saying “MLP The movie.”

He flipped through the pages and his brow furrowed. “Really?” He said out loud to no one in particular. “That is my reason for being budgeted out of the only cinematic experience?” A sigh left him and he flipped one page and gave a huff. “What!? A shadow of my figure at the end?” More muttering. ‘Damn studio and their plot points,” The chimera tossed the book behind him which got stuck in the air then just vanished in a slow fade.

Clearing his throat, he gave his draconic friend a mixed faux smile. “Sorry, dear Spikey. As much as I would love to cause some anarchy in an event that makes little sense to me, I have to obtain other business elsewhere, for this is your scene as well as others,” He coughed. “Budget cuts!” He coughed again. “Crappy Plot!” Clearing his throat, he finished it off. “And a part of me has to create some upcoming plot that may or may not affect the franchise that will make a few angry fanboys and more…”

Spike allowed him to trail off, not really understanding his ‘fourth wall’ logic and while he had a vague understanding that Discord had some precognitive ability and perhaps omniscience, he never cared to know for it would perhaps shatter his mind and reality if told.

‘Ignorance,’ Discord had once told him, ‘Is bliss and sometimes it helps to not be aware of what you are and what you are not. Your reality is your own, enjoy what you know and ignore what you don’t.’

He took it to heart and learned that if Discord went into these weird ‘fourth-wall’ talking, to ignore it and bob your head as if you understand.

“... and that is honestly why I have no idea why I couldn’t be part of it?!”

“Right?!” Spike agreed as if anything made sense and was supporting his friend.

Discord nodded, feeling better with his friend's agreement. “Well regardless, I hope that you enjoy yourself then and when you return home, that you bring those happy memories with you.”

Spike turned back to see that Ember was enjoying herself taking pictures, though oddly enough it was Fluttershy who told her how to do shots.

“Yeah, I think you made sure to cover that,” He snarked a little, though a smile was present. “I would just hate to think that with me gone, Twilight might not be able to handle everything.”

Discord floated beside him while munching on random objects, turned edible like glass, signs, etc. “Oh my scaly friend, while she does love you and such, she is her own mare and must learn to not carry you around like a slave or pet. As such, she must learn that her life can and will go on, just as yours should.”

Spike frowned, as he remembered his mothers brought that up on the pretenses of his memories. “I am not a slave Discord. They raised me like a sibling, you above all know that, especially after we talked and-”

“I never meant to insinuate anything, Spike.” His tone turned a bit serious. “I am aware that you are not a slave(many fanboys think otherwise) but its also the fact that she can function without you. Having an assistant is great and all but for a mare is going to live eons, she will have to adjust to having more than one assistant. After all, how many did Celestia have before the one that is with her today?”

Spike thought on it, feeling like it was a trick question but it was a legit and understandable one. In one thousand years, Celestia perhaps had hundreds of ponies serving her. Given that the average servitude for her is about 50 years per pony, it would not be so bad for her to have many.

But he was different and he knew that. Twilight, now an alicorn, would indeed live a while and she would have to get many to assist her for a very long time.

Frustrated, Spike shook his head. “Regardless, I know that she treated me like any sibling would and I am happy as I could be part of this family.”

Discord gave a small smile. “As you should though. With your life having this many family members, your home is literally everywhere.” Discord’s smile dropped. “Something I wish to have had.”

Spike took notice of his change in tone and attitude. “But… you have a home here, Discord. You and Fluttershy, is she not your home?”

The chaos chimera gave a glance towards Fluttershy, who was still helping Ember with her camera taking pictures of Amy and her pinwheels.

“She is,” He answered solemnly, his smile and positive attitude gone. “And when she passes, I will have no home left.”

Spike flinched at that, knowing where he was going with this. Fluttershy was mortal, at best she had 70 years of life, for pegasi don’t live as long as Earth Ponies or Unicorns that do 85 years or more. Spike himself will be still young compared to ponies. While he had come to accept this already, it still bothered him a bit. But when he realized that this was Discord, the embodiment of chaos who will live forever, it hurt him way more than it should have.

“Have you thought about making her-”

“I did,” He responded with a sigh, his heart thumping slowly at a future ache. “And… she rejected it.” A small blink of moisture forming on his eyes, making him look so… equine. “She would rather pass away, then live forever if just to see those she loved wither and pass. Her parents, her friends, her idiot brother and so on.”

Spike felt for him and laid a claw on the draconequus who had long grounded himself and stared at the mare in yellow. “I don’t think immortality is a gift, so I guess that's why they call today the ‘present’, because to enjoy your life, what time you have, is a true gift.” He looked at the saddened god of chaos. “Maybe she won’t live forever, but you can make it worth the memories to come.” He laid a claw on his shoulder. “Even if she won’t live for it, make every second count until the end.”

Discord remained silent, though he glanced down at him. A small smile working up to his face. “Since when did you become so wise?”

Spike shrugged. “Since I got raised by many mothers around me as well as the many friends that I acquired. Past, present and… future.” He smiled at seeing Ember, Amy and mentally thinking of the others. “When we grow up, we will watch others grow with us. And not to mention that I hope that in the future, if I become a father, that I can install the lessons and wisdom that everyone has taught me.”

Discord lightly chuckled at this. “That include me?” It was meant to be a joke but Spike nodded, earning a surprised reaction.

“Well yeah! I mean, while we did start off on opposite sides, you did show that harmony can’t last forever. In a sense, it has to be a balance system; a means to change without fear. Harmony and Chaos can co-exist if working alongside one another. You have proven that with all your help, we can create Harmony but it will be through unorthodox methods.” He paused and his small smile turned to a grin that he had gotten earlier from him. “Speaking of ‘dad’ and ‘you’, when are you and Fluttershy going to start working on a family together?”

Discord froze and turned red. ‘Gotcha!’ Spike mentally cheered, now seeing his friend turn red all over. Discord began to stutter as he tried to find his wording.

“W-Well I-I-I don’t t-think that F-Fluttershy-y and I-I would be c-compattable and-”

“That’s a load of horse apples and you know it.” Spike snarked, with the grin turning slightly evil. “Come on, if you are trying to get into my sex life, its only fair if I try to bug you about yours and the mare you love. Besides, if you told me that I have some sort of ‘fanfic’ written about my sex life, I am sure there a few out there that have you and her-”

His mouth was covered by a claw, causing him to be silent. Discord glared at him but his red face remained. Spike smirked through the paw and slowly began to heat his mouth enough to allow small wisps of flames to leave his maw.

“Ouch!” Discord yelped as his palms were singed, earning a glance from the girls.

“Discord?” FLuttershy asked with worry. “Are you okay?”

Spike nodded as the draconequus summoned a small tub of ice-scream to immediately stick his arm in it.

“Yeah, he’s fine though he we were talking about you two and-” A small iron trap was summoned over his snout and silenced his ability to speak, earning a glare from the drake to the chimera.

“Nothing, nevermind!” Discord answered quickly, though the iron trap began to turn orange with the heat that Spike began to emit from his maw. “Spike and I were having our O & O talks.”

The iron then turned white hot, with his own claws igniting, he reached up, burned the trap off. With the clamp falling down and his mouth not free, a steady but harsh glare was given to Discord by the drake.

Discord gave him a stink eye back and a leer to match between the two. The trio of females watched the odd interaction with the sapphire scaled dragoness turning to the yellow mare. “Is this… normal?”

A fluttersigh was given. “Yes.” The answer droll and bordering mild annoyance, a rare instance for the pony. She had witnessed this before Spike’s near year long absence and it involved Spike and Discord having some quarrel with one another that usually ended with both laughing at one another or finding some secret on the other to expose and humiliate them.

She hoped this time it would be the latter.

“You say anything…” Discord began a warning.

Spike flashed him a grin. “You bring up my sex life, I’ll bring up your non-exsistent one.” The threat was loud enough for them all to hear.

“Oh dear,” Fluttershy suddenly felt flushed at what was just exposed. Discord continued to remain red but was about to snap his fingers to whisk Spike away and be done with his continued exposure.

Spike kept his grin. Discord’s digit touched. Three females felt tension.

But one of them finally broke the tension, “...you haven’t banged this poor mare yet? What a waste!” Instantly, Fluttershy ‘eeped’ and covered her face with her wings making Discord’s head snapped so hard to the voice, it made a cracking-whip sound. His eyes glared at Amy, who looked annoyed at him. She patted Fluttershy’s head in sympathy. “She is a young sweet thing! She’s probably hot and bothered, possibly even begging for you in secret and you can’t make the commitment to screw around and quench her dry spell? You’re lame!”

This instantly broke Spike’s will and he dropped to the floor laughing in hysteria, being the first time not only had he witnessed Amy actually mean something without it being a joke, but the fact that she burned Discord(more so than his crisp paw) and made Fluttershy withdraw out of embarrassment, that had him losing it. Ember was actually smiling now, quickly taking pictures of the following; Discord red faced and stammering with incoherent sentences, Fluttershy beat red and hiding behind her wings and making her look absolutely adorable while being comforted by Amy; and lastly, Spike on the floor and clutching his stomach as tears ran down his face in hysteria.

These are the memories in which she chose to cherish.

Discord gave a venomous glare towards Amy as his digits threatened to rise towards her; this caused a small inkling to come to Ember and raise one of her palms, allowing a small portion of the Bloodstone Scepter to flow through her. “Relax,” She gently commanded, though from the power she gave, it actually caused him to retreat and relax a bit, confusing all but Spike, who remained on the floor laughing.

“Whoa, that worked?” She asked out loud, not actually thinking it would, though her smile turned into a grin.

Discord grunted. “Part dragon, another part plot convenience, so I suppose I have to briefly obey.” He did settle down, though he gave a swift hard kick to Spike, who managed to stop enough to allow air back into his lungs.

The moment of embarrassment had slowly passed, though Fluttershy remained hidden. Once done laughing, he smirked and turned to Amy. “That was the greatest thing I have ever heard, Amy. Thank you.”

The pink dragoness gave a small snort. “I wasn’t trying to be funny, I actually cared if this mare was suffering from not getting what she needs.”

“Oh, I am pretty sure she needs a lot more,” Spike answered with glee. Discord had enough and quickly popped in between Amy and Fluttershy. He lifted her up, earning another ‘eep!’ as he hoisted her bridal style.

“Alright then, we’ll call this even Spike! Me and Fluttershy have to go and conveniently sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to a bear now, ta-ta!” With a snap of his fingers, he and Fluttershy popped out of existence in rapid succession, leaving them all to themselves. Spike remained with the stupid grin on his face while Ember reviewed her photos. Amy now felt for the poor mare.

“Dang, hope she gets laid. It’s no fun having someone and just waiting for them to do the first move.” Her eyes met his, causing his grin to freeze.

She flashed him a sultry smile. “Well… I’m waiting.” She teasingly mocked. Ember remained focused on her camera which oh-so happened to be facing him, so no help there.

A short miracle happened as their fourth member of the hoard came flying in.

“Hey! I’m back!” Smolder called out as she landed by them. Spike immediately turned to her with relief.

“Hey, Smolder! Are you and Rarity done?”

She nodded, with a light tint on her cheeks. “Yeah, she said it’ll be ready the day after tomorrow.” Spike nodded and noted that Celestia’s sun was lowering. “Well, I think today was well spent and… well spent!” He joked at the gifts acquired and tried to forgo the earlier topic. “Why don’t we go see if our new guest is still where we left him.”

Smolder blinked. “Him?” She asked.

He nodded and gave her a smile as he led them away. “Yeah, ‘him’. And you won’t believe who it is.”

The others followed in tow.



“What the baka!?” Smolder half exclaimed in a long drawn out confusion.

Her brother, her idiotic but still loving brother was here in Ponyville. Not only that, but he somehow found his way back here after a year and… he was playing with drums?

He sat next to a green mare, who seemed… not all there but had a smile with half lidded eyes, bobbing her head to the beat the red dragon was creating.

Both Ember and Amethyst let out short bursts of flames and curses leaving their mouths as they witnessed this. This really got Spike riveted and flashed both females a smirk. “Told you both! Never underestimate what these ponies are capable of doing!”

Smolder blinked and turned to them. “Wha-What’s going on?” She asked.

“Oh just a bet we made about your brother.”

Smolder cocked her head in confusion. “You… bet on my brother that he would be playing drums?”

“No, I bet that your brother would be ponified.”

“Yeah, I am still not convinced.” Amy tried to counter argue.


“Garble is… uh red and big.
Strong, tough, and umm… the biggest, mightest dragon in the lands.
No one can mess with this drake at all.

With each and every roar
I will not be beaten or lost, I will stay on my hoard.
Smolder, my sister, bright and my eyes, will I regain
that love I lost!”

The crowd that had remained to see a dragon play poetry, stomped their hooves in approval, with Tree Hugger adding to it. Garble blushed at the praise as he finished his set, but seemed happy with the pat on his shoulder from the mare who had just shown him the ways of beat poetry.

Spike gave Amy a half cocked grin. “Check mate, Amy.”

The pink dragoness was left grumbling and pouted. Ember was more impressed than anything that Garble was able to learn anything by ponies. Smolder’s mouth still hadn’t been picked up off the floor yet.


Garble glanced over and saw the others, along with Smolder. He instantly became fearful at not only being discovered to be enjoying ‘pony-things’ but also the fact that his sister was there watching.

“Righteous!” The mare next to him applauded. “On your first go, it was… so deep. A draconic blend with your heart placed in it! I think we can all say, we dig it!” The ponies in front once more cheered for the red drake and his blushes continued.

He expected some kind of laughter or tease from the other dragons but there was a light clap from Spike. Amy was miserable because of the lost bet and Ember just took pictures. However, the light in his eyes grew when a pleased smile was on his little sister. He expected many things from her, but seeing her with a smile was not one of them.

A grace from Wistala he never knew he needed.

He gave a small nod to the group and gave the drums back to Tree Hugger. “I uh… thank you for teaching me about poetry and such.”

“Oh, no probs!” She spoke in her odd but smooth tone, gently placing a hoof on his shoulder. “Your vibes from doing this set your chakras up a bit and really started to balance out your aura! I meet a lot of different creatures when I travel around Equestria, each one perfect and unique. You are creating your own character, a different aura that is changing within, ya get me?”


Garble didn’t, he honestly didn’t. Her words flew over his head, he knew very little of what she was saying, yet… he felt it deeply that she appreciated him. That what this mare was telling him was, that this little act of patting drums, making noise and spewing words out, that is what mattered. That he expressed himself as much as he could. Her voice was calm and caring, which he had never encountered outside the dragon lands. The way her half-lidded eyes stared at him as if she was not all there but still had enough focus to tell him what he wanted to hear. Even something as simple as her laying her hoof on him was enough to get him to feel contentment from a pony. Something he would never have thought of getting in a million years.

Garble gave her a small smile and bobbed his head up and down. “Yeah… I-I dig ya!”

A few more words were exchanged before the session ended and the ponies dispersed. Garble made his way over to the others, a bit sheepish and shyly, still fearing some embarrassment.

His eyes met Smolder’s, who seemed to glow with positivity… vibes, as Tree Hugger called it. He thought that she would still be angry with him after what he had told Spike, so he tried to form some apology on approach.

“Smols? I’m sorr- oph!” Smolder crashed into him with a tight hug, feeling her small laughter immediately warm his heart.

“I don’t know what that was, Gar-Gar but glad to know that you like ponies.” He would have at one point denied it, even be angry by the accusation but it was hard to deny when a smile was on his face, a blush on his cheeks and the wonderful feeling of having a non-dragon touch him without fear or disgust.

His fear of rejection was gone. “I-I thought that it was… enlightening.” He managed to say, hugging her back. She pulled away to allow their eyes to meet. He gave a small brush of his snout on her head. “And… I am sorry for what I had said to Spike.”

Smolder’s eyes glittered with moisture. “As long as he forgives you, so do I, you big dummy!” But then she turned serious. “But if you ever say anything like that again-”

“I already warned him,” Ember chided lightly. “Though I think that him being ‘ponified’ might weaken his mean streak.”

Garble gave a half snort. “As if.”

Ember smirked and pointed a single digit towards an approaching Tree Hugger with a look that said, ‘We’ll see.’ He followed her pointed claw and saw that she had been watching the whole interaction between his sister and the other dragons with a chilled smile.

“Righteous, this your family? That your lil sis?”

Garble was going to defend the ‘family statement’ but agreed with the sister part. Smolder nodded and gave her a smile. “Yeah, we’re family and I am his sister, Smolder!”

Tree Hugger bobbed her head, feeling the warmth of the little dragoness. “Nice! Your aura is all fiery, but a good kind. You're full of spirit and even balance out your bro’s aura! That right there, that’s true family bonds and it's like… totally what nature intended. To be balanced by not just your environment but by your allies and families too, you know?”

Just like Garble, Smolder felt the words fly overhead but she enjoyed the positiveness that she radiated. She just smiled and nodded.

Tree Hugger turned to the rest. “Yo! Prince Spike and his herd.” Spike’s eyes barely twitched but gave a small correction with a smile. “It’s called a ‘hoard’ Tree Hugger and yeah it works almost the same way.”

“Right on! So you all are fams with Garbes here?”

Amy snickered and Ember was going to deny it along with Garble but Spike nodded. “Yep! We are all family here with Garbes!” The red drake flushed at this but gave a questioning look towards him.

It was not a lie in a sense. He was with Smolder as she was his hoard and that was her brother, so maybe a sort of brother-in-law? This threw off Ember and Garble, giving each other looks of silent disgust but Amy decided to jump on the bandwagon and brought them all to a great big hug. She used her tail to pull Ember and shoved Spike to the siblings, making a weird and awkward hug to be seen by Tree Hugger and other ponies.

“Your freakin right we are all family and there is nothing none of us would do for one another!” The giant grin that was on her face stood out the most, while the others seemed awkward with their own and Garble’s instant faux smile.

The harlequin coated mare smiled, oblivious to their discomfort as she bobbed her head. “Righteous! You all totally like… bring out the biggest vibes out of non-ponies! You all balance each other out in some way! Your auras blend together like a perfect harmony of rainbows and love.”

She swayed to and fro as if their energy was enough to make her move. “That is what Equestria is in need of. More family, more love, more positive vibes that spread out through the lands and make it so that everypony, every creature can live in total Harmony. Like Gaia intended!”

The mare went on a bit more and that allowed them all to tune out… except Garble who actually tried to understand the mare as best as possible. Her active movements and positive vibes actually swayed his mind in a unique way that he didn’t know what was possible. For if there was any pony, any single pony in this lovey dovey land of rainbows and fluffiness that he could remotely respect, was this mare before him.

With the day setting soon, the draconic ‘family’ had felt their need to return to the area of rest. Despite it being only day one ending, Spike felt like there was so much that they could have done. With the small distractions of Cadence Discord and Tree Hugger, he knew that the next three before they left for Canterlot would have to be fun-filled, enjoyable and memorable.

Parting ways with the mare, who was sleeping under Luna’s stars tonight, the dragons headed back to Tree Castle.

Celestia’s sun was just at the horizon’s line and hovering when they entered back. Garble felt weird knowing that he was coming back to a place with ponies who probably didn’t like him. He knew he didn’t leave a good impression on them nor was he aware if Spike told them about his interactions with him recently.

The hesitation was enough for it to be noticed by Smolder. She saw her brother slowing by the steps, not wanting to follow in.

“Gar?” He looked up and worried covered his face.

“Uh… am I allowed back here?”

The question confused her before instant realization struck her and she knew her brother’s idiotic nature caused him to leave a bad impression. She sighed and shook her head. “What did you do here before?”

“Nothing that will worry anyone here.” Spike said as he stood on the top of the steps with Amy and Ember. He gave a warm smile to them. “Garble hasn’t warranted anything that would push him from the door.” He then reached out and offered his claw to him. “Just watch.”

Garble stared at the offered claw and just like two days ago he was given the option, he hesitated then. Today, after dealing with the positive vibes from a mare, the gentle nature of those who surrounded him and the meal given by a drake he once tormented, he knew this was another redeeming chance he needed.

He locked wrists with him once more and walked in with them together.



The tree gave a soft hum as the doors opened and welcomed the dragons back in. The glow that filled the interior was from everywhere within the tree, yet it still felt natural with the illuminating of its structure. It was different then when Garble last had been here before.

In the main area of the Castle, Spike and company were joined once more by the changedlings and ponies. Garble visibly flinched at the brightly colored, practically neon glowing bug ponies. “Why…why are they so bright?” It came out like a whine partially because he didn’t even know if things here could get any more colorful and bright.

Spike understood his… hindrance or rather annoyance to the changedlings and didn’t really blame the red drake. “Yeah uh… even if I don't get it, Garble. They changed during the time I was in a coma.” A pause as a few waved at him and he waved back. “Though they are better this way then their black and holey form prior to their reformation, they may prove beneficial to us and maybe even to the Dragons too.”

“How?” he asked, feeling skeptical.

“Yeah, how?” Amy asked. “I know they can transform and all that, but what would that help us with?”

Spike lifted his claws and began to count. “Well the benefits could be that they shapeshift to say anyone you would like. So maybe if you need to interact with someone you couldn’t before, they could help. Along with that, you could have them shapeshift to other creatures like ponies to show them how to interact with each other. Hatchlings would probably be the best way to do so.”

Spike listed more possibilities like therapy, interactions with other species or objects, and even possible suitors.

“Wait, you say they can shapeshift into anything right?” The pink dragoness asked in revelation.

Spike nodded, “Well… as far as I know.”

“So does that mean you can bang with them right? Like if they can change into anything, you can lay or whatever ponies call it, ‘mate’ with them in any way, in any form, right?”

That made the immediate area turn deadly silent as her voice echoed throughout the halls. Changedlings, dragons and ponies alike all turned to look at the pink dragoness. Her only response was a dumbfounded, “What? It’s a serious question!”

The changedlings and ponies looked uncomfortable while the dragons face-clawed. Shaking his head with a slight blush, Spike opted to end the awkward silence. “Ignore her!” They all promptly did and returned to their interactions, though the changedlings were so uncomfortable that they briefly stopped glowing their natural colors. Briefly.

“Alright then, maybe we can see what the changedlings here learned today and how we can help them integrate into pony society much more efficiently now?”

They ignored the pink dragoness, who asked what she said wrong; she was silenced by Ember while everyone else asked to speak their minds and hearts about what they found intriguing about pony culture. From food made with love to the unique and fascinating habits of ponies they weren’t able to understand prior to their reformations.

Spike re-acquainted himself with Thorax, who radiated positive emotions since that morning. He glowed with a brightness that was both literal and figuratively. His body was glowing with a small sense of magic while he spoke on and on about the interesting things he found out. The words were mixed but he found it amusing to see him dance to and fro on their discoveries.

While they mingled, Smolder noticed a smaller changedling amongst the crowd. She was a baby blue changedling, what would be considered a foal in size. A light pink frill adjourned her curved horn that matched part of her pink wings that flowed out of her red shell. Her turquoise eyes stood out more than her blue body. They bounced up and down, side to side as she studied her environment with stunted curiosity, as she observed little details around.

She then saw that on her sides were saddles. “Is she a baby changedling?” She half whispered to Thorax, pointing a claw at the smaller changedling. The king stopped his talking with Spike and turned to the pointed changedling. He saw who it was, smiled and nodded to Smolder.

“Yes, and although we use the word ‘grub’ after they hatch from eggs, they are called ‘pupas’ which I believe is the equivalent of a foal for ponies. Her name is Occellus and she was actually one of the first pupae or larvae to reform after our ascensions.”

As he progressed upon it, Occellus’s ears perked and she turned to Thorax where, invertedly, she met Smolders. Their eyes met and Smolder thought it was odd to see something that small and colorful but also look so adorably cute.

Occellus must have picked up her admiration from afar which prompt the pupa to quickly blush and hide back in between two adult changedling, which she assumed were her parents. Smolder found this also funny but left the changedling to her shyness.

Dinner came with a large set of unique dishes being laid out. From vegetarian diets to mineral blends and a mix of other foods that peaked the curiosity of the many but made the many stare hungrily with open mouths. It came to an astounding surprise that Twilight(after having to deal with the whole morning of cleaning the dishes with Shining) had cooks to prepare for this dinner. It was an expense that irked her parents to no end(earning a soft scowling from them) but had been spruced up by the fact that it provided them with jobs unique to not what they were accustomed to.

Providing a type of new food for two different species provided a challenge for the chefs. Since changelings feasted on mostly love and very little on actual physical substances, the chefs made each food with love and passion, treating it like an art and passion project. They cooked with precisional grace, while swaying their bodies to dance from one end to the other, much like Velvet and Night had done.

As they worked on the food, the minerals were trickery and they actually had to bring in a rock expert(Maud Pie, one of Pinkie’s sisters) to help cook meals with minerals like gems. Apparently, cooking them to a near melting point was pushing the burners far hotter than possible, so Maud had opted to smash them, then cook them so they blended in with the food. A precautionary note was made to which food was edible for ponies and changedlings.

Spike was actually impressed with the amount of food as the chefs laid them out on the table. “Wow and here I thought Twilight would never get her own staff here.”

“I didn’t,” she answered, appearing behind him. “But they were hired for the week while you and the changedlings were here. To be honest, it actually was more beneficial than to cook all the time.”

“More laziness for you and your brother,” Mother Twilight retorted next to them. She seemed irked at Twilight, who shied from it, but gave Spike a smile. “Though it is amazing to see this amount of mixed species in a single time, especially for dinner.” She brought up the changedlings and the dragons, but also the Griffin chefs.

“How did you get them to work for you?”

“I actually didn’t. Celestia sent them over just as you and the others left. She actually sent out a temporary hire for the Castle while we had guests for the week.”

“So… you are not going to keep them?” Their mother asked, part in curiosity, for she didn’t want her daughter to be lazy but at the same time, she knew that with Spike no longer going to be her assistant, she needed somepony to keep her fed.

Twilight half bobbed her head to the sides. “Maybe one, just so I can use the castle space more usefully.”

Both Velvet and Spike looked at each other with a smirk. ‘Yeah right.’ Both silently mused.


With dinner in motion, the dragons sat on one end while the blend of changedlings and ponies scattered around them. The originals plus two more came to the table while Velvet and Night joined in this time. The room instantly became a warm atmosphere once more like it had in the morning. WIth food slowly being passed around and taste buds spiking up their joys, the castle of Friendship blossomed.

Garble was actually a bit uncomfortable with this many non-dragons in such a tight space. He felt outnumbered though it slowly faded as he saw Smolder to his side at ease. She ate as casually as she would at home, without stuffing her face, and chatted to either Amy about the day, or to the ponies. Spike and Ember shared a plate together, while adding the food from their earlier purchases of meats. From Garble’s own plate, it was odd and a mixture of greens he would normally care not to touch, especially since he hated greens.

His sister ate with ease and there was a fleeting moment of what she ate that danced in her eyes, reminding her of what she ate, she’d sprinkle bits of gems or chicken over it. The sparkle in her eyes was worth seeing and he knew that she liked pony’s odd customs.

He added a bit of gem dust to make it bearable to… whatever he was eating. He munched on adding more bits here and there until the greens became un-green and silently sat there as those around him conversed in geniality that was a bit too much. He would try to ask Smolder about something and she would go into details of what she thought, the joy of her eyes never dying. He never saw her this happy before and it showed how much her life with Spike and becoming part of the hoard changed.

On the other spectrum, Spike was having a blast as he ate next to Ember while they spoke with Twilight and praised Thorax for his findings. The others would occasionally at their own input but stuck to their own discoveries.

Smolder had enjoyed herself, watching the activity around her, including seeing her older brother struggle with greens. However, to her peripheral and across the table, she saw the little blue changedling Ocellus sitting between her parents. She was poking at her food with the fork, her magic gently jabbing at it. Her eyes were half fallen as she seemed to be concentrating on the food, as if looking for something with each poke and her mouth was slightly open as if she was about to suck it in.

“Celly,” Came her mother’s low hushed voice leaning in. “Don’t poke it, just eat it.”

The baby blue bug-pony looked up to her mother. “Is that how we get our ‘love’ now?” She asked. Smolder’s acute hearing was on par, but she feigned it as she gently snacked on her remaining bits.

“Not just by eating but being surrounded by all these creatures and it helps you blend in more.” Her mother’s positivity radiates like a small flower, blooming and slowly causes the ‘pupa’ to slowly try the food. She takes bites, making odd faces as she chews since she has never had to before.

Smolder was occasionally glancing at her, seeing her struggle and really found it kind of cute, to see a creature try to eat and not be successful. Once more, the baby blue changedling picked up on her keen interests and looked at Smolder. This time, Smolder waved and smiled at her, earning a blush from her but a small wave in return. Perhaps she could bring her out of her ‘shell’... her metaphorical shell that is, a bit more.

Dinner came and then it went, with the guests having filled their bellies, decided it was time to rest for the night. Twilight happily didn’t have to do the dishes with her brother this time, and the cooks didn’t mind doing them. Velvet opted to help but they were ‘strongly’ resilient on doing their ‘paid job’.

Each guest was given a room once more for the night which left Garble to sleep by himself once more in the same room he did almost a year ago.

“So, then what happens now? Are we gonna stay in Pony town for a while? Explore more ‘pony stuff’ and learn how to be ‘Friendship’y and all that?” He asked, though the sarcasm wasn’t all there.

The drake that matched him in near height shrugged but gave a smile. “Honestly, we can do whatever we want here. We got five… no, scratch that, we now have four days now. So I guess enjoy the things here in Ponyville. I saw that you enjoyed yourself with Tree Hugger there. Maybe you can hang out with her again.”

Garble was thankful he was already red, for a small tint in color to his face became visible, though Spike made no notice of it . Instead, Spike opted to give a bit more insight. “So with everything going on, how are you actually dealing with this?”

He gave the purple drake a look. “You mean… coming back here and spending time being surrounded by ponies or the fact that Smols is talking to me again?” His attitude was not what it normally was but neither was it sunshine and rainbows. Spike understood it would take a while to get him to be more friendlier so he wasn’t hurt by his attitude, since he knew that Smolder meant more to him then anything.

“Either way, just be happy to know that she is talking to you and maybe if she sees that you can be surrounded by ponies, it may allow you to become more…”

Garble snorted. “Frilly? Pretty? Soft?”

Spike chuckled but shook his head. “No… at least not frilly and pretty, though you may have to act soft in certain areas. I would ask that you try to keep the peace.”

Integrity was not Garbunkle’s strongest suit but he was neither pessimist nor evil by nature, so he was sure that despite today may have been a small fluke, he could be integrated to pony customs the few remaining days they were here. Garble merely nodded and turned to rest. However before he did, he gave a glance back to Spike. “I'll… try.”

The purple drake nodded with a smile. “That’s all we ask.” ‘We’ meaning him, Ember, Amethyst and Smolder. He turned around and waved him off. “Good Night, Garble.”

Garble watched him leave down the hall where he opened his room and was instantly blessed with his hoard and their conversations of joy and love. The door closed as he entered, leaving Garble to watch a bit longer before he entered the guest room and closed it behind him, seeing the same sleeping area that he was in almost a year ago. He wasn’t tired, but he had nothing to do and no one to be with. It almost sparked a sense of loneliness and he wondered, was it worth trying to stay that way anymore? Was it worth trying to stay alone, if he had no one to hold him? To hug him? To cherish…

A growl and a nasty shake of his head to rid of these prissy feelings. “Stupid ponies,” he half growled to himself. “Making me feel… feelings and stuff. I’m just gonna stick around Smolder. Need to leave this place so I don’t become like him.”

The red drake settled back down onto the bed, forgetting that this bed was so soft and so cushy that despite his lack of tiredness and his anger, he had found himself asleep in ten minutes.


The same intruder that had invaded him in the night a year ago came back, though this time, with eagerness and need. Yet, when it waited to see if Garble was aroused in any way or form, the intruder was left disappointed, even waiting until the wee hours of the morning only to not require what it sought.

With an angry sigh, they left though they were not going to be deterred by this. After all, they had four days left.


Four days the dragons stayed. Four days of pure bliss and joy and an unexplainable amount of life had returned for Spike. While he wasn’t able to hang out with the whole mane six until the day before the Festival, he was happy to enjoy his time in Ponyville with those he knew of.

He got to be in a live-action O&O session with Mac, Discord, Sunburst, along with Starlight and Mac’s new marefriend Sugarbelle. The intro of her was unexpected to say the least for she was a unicorn. He did have to end up paying Discord 20 bits for a lost bet awhile back, thinking that for sure… Big Mac was going to end up with Cheerilee.

“As did I.” The draconequus, holding the bag of bits in the air. He snapped his fingers and the bag became heavier with other either more bits or other miscellaneous items. “However my big time bet was either her or that gray mute sister of Pinkie’s or even that… pegasus from the comics! What’s-her-face?!” A small portal manifested in the air and… another draconequus arm came through, snatching the bag of bits in along with a feminine ‘Thank you!’ came through and the portal closed. Both looked at the empty space where the bag of bits was and the portal with Discord sighing. “Never bet against your interdimensional self, especially when that one has the ability to detect bull$#!t plot points like romance, seasons in advance.” He had blipped himself on the curse and once more, Spike had paid no mind to his fourth wall logic.

His hoard meanwhile had fully got to explore pony life to its fullest and they really felt like so much could be learned from this.

After asking Starlight and Twilight to enchant her pinwheels to be fireproof, the duo had not only made them non-combustible, they made them sturdy too, but could still move independently with the wind. The reactions from her were as follows: She squealed as she blew fire at them, watching as their non-combustible enhancement worked before she hysterically balled her eyes out and hugged both unicorns tightly at the gift they gave her, calling them by their wrong names but still happy they did this for her. Their faces turned a slight blue at the lack of air, but regained it back when she had let go.

Ember was happy that she got so many pictures taken in a short amount of time, she asked if there was some sort of storage for them. A booklet was given to her to place the ones she took and if it couldn’t be too much trouble, just like Discord, they asked for copies to be sent.

Smolder was still in awe at the beauty and the sophistication that surrounded her, especially the parts where she felt… pretty. The time she had spent with Rarity was only miniscule and even though the seamstress was busy with preparing for upcoming events, she had enough time to show the young dragoness how to be pretty. She gave Smolder lessons in etiquette as well as elegance, mannerism, chivalry and more. She also allowed her to try a few dresses on, which instantly had her feel like a different ness.

From wearing long and vibrant gowns, to wearing short skirts and shorts. She applied makeup, she wore perfume and she even went as far as to wear undergarments, much to her hidden delight. It felt odd wearing more clothing underneath clothing, especially on her nethers.

“So why do ponies wear ‘undergarments’ anyway?” She asked, slipping on a pair of white panties under her dress. She was in a small booth with a door that had Rarity outside. “Isn’t that counterproductive?” She asked behind the door. “Spike told me about wearing dresses and clothes for occasions and all that, but why panties?”

Rarity gave a small humm behind the door. “Well dear, some feel that it helps with chafing, others believe that it works with their clothing and others well…” A pause from behind. “Well, I am not sure I should be telling a young one about the explicit nature of it.”

Smolder rolled her eyes and adjusted the panties under her dress and then lowered her dress. She gave a small twirl and squatted, trying to move with it and make it work for her body and then sighed. “I’m not a hatch- err, I’m not a foal you know. You can tell me.”

No response. “Rarity?”

Rarity shifted and then responded with. “Its… more of an, how should I say, erotic touch, dear. They use it to bring some change to their sensual life up a notch.”

“Sensual?” she asked.

A sigh left the mare. “Dear, I am talking about their sex life. Mares wear underwear or undergarments to make their times with each other more entertaining and enjoyable.”

Smolder’s cheek grew red and she was glad there was a wall between them. It was something she was not expecting to hear but nonetheless… welcomed the information. “S-Sex,” she slightly squeaked out. “Y-You mean that this was made for that reason?”

Rarity tutted at the crude thought. “Not specifically for that reason, Smolder but-” A pause. “-It's a main one though again, don’t always associate it with it. Some would also prefer to hide their more sensual bits since ponies always walk around with their hindquarters on display a lot.”

The lithe dragoness gave a look at the mirror, lifting up her dress and staring at the panties and blushed further when she could just make out her nethers. And while she was no stranger to sex, the idea of making Spike attracted to her on a grand level with just clothing, made her want to try it.

“Smolder?” Rarity called out behind the wall. “Are you well?”

Said orange dragoness gave a glance at herself in the mirror and with a heated smile, she responded. “Yes I am, but… you think you can make something I can show off to Spike? I want it to be special.”


Garble was apprehensive about returning to Tree Hugger for his inner dragon was begging him not to do these ‘pony’ things. Yet… his heart was longing for something that was so alien and wonderful.

So when he saw her again, something made his heart flutter. It was a weird feeling, something that he never experienced, at least not in years. Not since the first time he was introduced to his newly hatched sister, Smolder. His heart was beating irregularly, as he approached the mare. He knew not why, but it felt…

...Weird.

The mare saw his approach and bobbed her head. “Garble, my drake!” His heart skipped a beat when she said, ‘My drake’. “You're back for more lessons and I can tell your chakras are straightening out.”

He had ponies looking at him, not out of fear, but mostly curiosity and even amazement. To say that these were compliments were understatements but, he did like being the center of attention, just not in front of ponies. Still he maintained his cool attitude and gave a nod.

“Uh… yeah, I came back, you know?” He tried matching her tone. “I want to learn more on how to be… uh you know… cool with my aura and stuff.” He stopped. “You dig?”

The mare bobbed her head with a chilled grin. “Yeah, I dig ya, Garbes and I think just like everypony… err sorry, every creature here, we will help mend our auras, chakras and perhaps, even our souls!” She then offered a hoof. He looked at it, seeing she was offering to help and while most of the things she said flew over his head, he enjoyed that she understood there was something else deep within him, something he couldn’t understand himself. Perhaps it would be nothing, just more pony mumbo, jumbo stuff. Or perhaps, he would get pissed off at the end.

Either way, he was doubting all that and decided to give it a chance. Reaching for her hoof, he took it, the mare then turned to the rest of the ponies. “Already then my ponies! Time to sync your chakras, flow with the winds and make the world a better place, can you dig it?” Ponies stomped or cheered in approval, with Garble feeling a bit more optimistic with his surrounding peers.

Perhaps this won’t be so bad…


The dragons had the time of their lives in Ponyville and it showed. Despite the oddity that was Ponyville, with locals telling them of the occasional monster attack, the dangers of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the events that would go wrong, the non-native dragons found this town most enjoyable.

Ember explored and took photos of everything that intrigued her. Amethyst was entertaining many with just being a dragon with flaming pinwheels on her. Smolder took the ideals of being pretty and beautiful to heart. Garble slowly enjoyed the company of Tree Hugger and her ways of peace and tranquility. And Spike was happy that his two worlds had merged almost in unison.

Each day that they were in Ponyville played a role into his memories and into his heart, seeing those he loved with those he grew up with. They even built their own friends here in Ponyville with the short time they had.

Ember became acquainted with Featherweight, who was a professional photographer, and was taught how to take photos at angels, at heights and through zooming lenses. She also became a surprisingly good ‘acquaintance’ with Discord and learned that chaotic ways always end up perfect for cameras!

Amethyst had developed a sort of competitive streak with some of the more athletic ponies in the area, which included Bulk Biceps, Big Mac, and a passing Minotaur named Iron Will. Fluttershy warned her about him, but Amy was just happy to meet someone who was claws to hands with her on strength. A wrestling contest between the two had ended with both dragon and minotaur in mud but laughing at the fun they had.

Smolder, outside of Rarity, managed to interact with a lot of the younger ponies, especially Rarity’s sister Sweetie Belle and her friends Applebloom, Scootaloo, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara. While Scootaloo opted not to be with them when she asked for advice on dressing pretty, she was given advice by Smolder on how to be ‘cool’ and ‘awesome’ while being a girl.

Her biggest one was finally talking to Occellus. It had taken two days but the metaphorical shell broke on the pupa and she squeaked up a ‘H-Hi!’ to her.

Well… it was a start.

Garble only stuck to Tree Hugger, though he did somewhat become more acquainted with Fluttershy. The yellow mare was a bit apprehensive about him at first, but when Tree Hugger vouched for him, did she remain more calm. He did end up meeting briefly with Discord though, he made off comments about how ‘Quick character growth’ and ‘Unbelievable hobby that makes no sense’, were not part of the original story’s plot. But he did have a portal near Discord pop up, a small voice whispered to him and then the portal closed, causing the Draconequus to look bewildered at him, then at Tree Hugger, then back at him. “Well then… that's a thing. Or it will be. I’m not taking that losing bet though!” He bellowed out to the portal.

Rainbow, Pinkie, and Applejack had come on the fourth day prior to the Festival to spend the last day with the dragons in Ponyville.

It was also the last day before Thorax and his changedlings had to return back to the hive. He told Twilight, Spike and Starlight that while they got to enjoy the warm atmosphere and welcoming embrace of Ponyville, they had to return back home. Of course, they were not going back empty hoofed, they allowed the changedlings to take books, souvenirs, food, and other miscellaneous items that would hopefully integrate and work beneficially for them.

This night also happened to be the last night Spike and company would be in Ponyville for a while, so… Pinkie being Pinkie threw another huge party.

Most of the town came inside the giant crystal castle, where everyroom was filled with not just ponies but creatures. To the others, it seemed overboard and unnecessary, but for Spike, it was magical. Those he rarely got to interact with or those he felt a kinship with were here and it made him feel like the most important creature in the world.

They laughed, they cheered, they applauded and they feasted like there was no tomorrow. The food brought out happiness, the laughter spread throughout like wildfire and the positive life within, had the changedlings glow like Heartwarmings.

Spike wished this moment would have lasted forever as he watched his family, his friends and those he knew enjoying their time. His beautiful mate held in his arm with one claw and took their picture with the other. Amy is trying to out drink the local town’s bar mare under the table. Smolder twirling around in a short skirt, making a certain baby blue changedling blush and stare at her with awe. Garble… trying not to show he was enjoying himself but was still mingling with Tree Hugger and her posy.

Twilight, Shining, Cadence, Flurry, Velvet, Night and many others are just enjoying the time here. It was beautiful, it was amazing and most of all, it was almost perfect. To say that his mothers and the Princesses were not here, did dampen it, but he regardlessly, appreciated that he still was enjoying his night.

This would forever burn into his mind, as the day when the ponies and creatures he had interacted before had seen no change in him. They still cared for him, still loved him and would continue to do so with every fiber of their beings forever. No matter how old they got, no matter the time passed and no matter who left the world, they would be a remembrance of what the value and the power the Magic of Friendship could bring.

His role was to make sure that it spread, not just here but in the Dragon Lands and those around it. He would do his part, just like Twilight and the others to bring Friendship across Equus for a better future.


Before anyone left, Ember opted to create a giant photo so it could be remembered. They gathered in the largest area of the room, where everyone could fit in the frame. Discord popped in at the last second, “No worries about the timer, I got it.”

He created a second copy of himself, with the original one wrapping himself around the mane seven and Spike. His copy held the camera and said. “Say noodles!”

“Noodles!” The camera flashed and then… Discord dropped wet noodles on everyone with another picture taken.


The night approached late and so the guests went to their homes and those visiting gave ‘Good Byes’ to everyone since most would be leaving in the morning. Thorax gave a huge hug to Starlight, Sunburst and Spike, much to their awkward amusement. A flash of light by Ember’s Camera.

“Thank you all for everything you have done for me. You have given me and my kind a chance when others wouldn’t.”

“I-I didn’t do much, but I-I’m glad that we helped.” Sunburst shifted in the bugs tight grip.

“We did what we knew was right.” Starlight managed to say despite being squished.

“I-I just got here.” Spike offered, not affected by the King’s strong hug. “Besides, we did everything in the name of friendship.”

The King of bugs squeezed all the tighter. “And I and my kind really appreciate that.” He finally let go, allowing the ponies to breathe while Spike, unaffected, just patted him on the shoulder.

“You will always be welcomed back here and hopefully there will be days when we can interact again.”

Ember pulled in close. “You could also visit us in the Dragon Lands if you want.” Thorax seemed to get excited at first but shrunk a little and a nervous laughter came from him.

“Uh… well see on that. Changedlings and lava don’t uh… do that well.” A pause, then placed a hoof on his chin. “Maybe if we can adjust our bodies to it but that will take time and some planning.”

Saying their ‘Good Nights’, the changedlings all went to their bedrooms for the final nights. Occellus and Smolder were sad for one another, not being able to hang out as long as they wanted too, but they still managed to enjoy each other’s company along with the others.

“Like they said, maybe we can meet each other again someday, or I can meet you somewhere outside of the Dragon Lands.”

The baby blue changedling nodded with a small blush. “I’d like that and for what it's worth, ‘Thank you’ for being my first friend.”

Smolder gave a warm smile. “Same here, at least my first non-dragon friend.” She then reached around and gave her a small hug, making the tiny blushing pupa turn red now, earning a flash of light on them.

Ember withheld a squeal that would have sounded un-draconic at the pic. Once separated, the young ones left on their own, not knowing that fate would have them return together.

Spike went to say ‘Good Night’ to their parents and possibly ‘Goodbye’ since they would have to leave not long after the Festival. As he did, he came to Ember and Amethyst and pulled them to the side. “Hey, um…” She paused, hesitating.

“Yes?” Ember asked, waiting for her hoard mate.

She was blushing now, face red and tinted before she nervously looked up at and spoke to them.

“I-I want to show Spike h-how much I c-care for him and I wanted to make it… special.”

Ember blinked but smiled while Amy just grinned and nodded. “Sure Smols, we gotcha.”

“Tonight?” Ember asked only in close proximity to them. Smolder nodded.

“I have a dress that Rarity made along with clothing that I hope will work on him.”

Both older females nodded and they left quickly to prepare.


“So will I see you at the festival?” He asked Night and Velvet. Both of his parents nodded. “We will be in the area, son.” Night responded, hugging the drake while Velvet hugged his right.

“While Cadence is with Princess Celestia and Luna, we’ll be taking care of little Flurry. Shining is supposed to appear later since his old squad mates want to take him out since his return back to the castle.”

Spike mused and nodded. “Alright then, I hope to see you there. Good night, mom, dad.”

“Good Night, son.” They said in unison. They hugged the drake then went to their own rooms. He watched them go and decided to see if there was any cleaning that needed to be done.

He saw that most of the hired staff did their jobs and the only two remaining were the ones that were to join them on the return to Canterlot when they leave tomorrow morning.

The purple drake stood in the center of the Castle, where the party had been not long ago and felt… different. To him, this was the epicenter of where he and everyone was, where his whole life was. The Castle was not a home, it was his home because of those who lived or visited. It was a conjunction of memories and love under one place and he was upset about leaving it, but he knew that he could come back whenever he wanted. Ponyville and Canterlot would always welcome him with open arms. With a sigh, he smiled with content and turned to his room.

The castle vibrated with lights and a low warm hum.


He made his way towards his room. The door was closed, but he didn’t pay much mind. However, when he went to open it, he found the door locked. “Huh?” He tried again, jiggling the knob but to no avail. He knocked. “Ember? Amy? Smolder? Can you girls open the door?”

There was a hush whispered and then a scramble for the door. Amy was the one who opened. “Hey, sorry uh… we were just getting ready.”

Spike blinked. “Ready? Ready for what?”

Ember’s voice came from behind. “Just a few more seconds!”

The drake gave a questioning look towards Amy. “What’s… going on?”

Amy just grinned. “You’ll find out.” Spike blinked again.

“Okay, let him in!” Amy stepped aside and allowed Spike through. He hesitated, not sure what he was expecting but walked in. Amy closed the door behind them.

He saw the room was still the same and Ember was standing by the restroom but no Smolder.

“What are you guys planning and where’s Smolder?”

Ember gave a grin and pointed to the restroom. She waved towards and from the restroom, Smolder emerged.

To say that he was surprised, was an understatement. He was astounded and perhaps even amazed beyond belief. Smolder was in a dress. No, not just a dress, she was wearing makeup, blush, some kind of perfume and was completely… stunning. The dress was a baby blue dress that had a small sparkle that almost glistened to it. Spike knew that this was Rarity’s work, for the details on it were eccentricity from the white outlines on her collar and the sleeves. She wore a pink eyeshadow that matched the lipstick on her mouth. Her eyelashes were long and kept to a point, while her head frills curled back just a bit to give the silver tiara with a heart on it, more of a compliment. The last thing was the scent that radiated off of her and by the gods, it filled and flooded his nostrils, awakening something within.

Many words came to mind. Beautiful, elegant, bashfully cute and glorious but… even then those words were tame to what he truly saw in her. He wanted to say or do something but he was too stunned or too shocked at her that it made him a stuttering mess.

Amy and Ember, seeing his reaction, grinned while Smolder was blushing fiercely but happy to see that whatever she was wearing, worked. Spike was blushing madly and he was so overwhelmed that when Amy pushed him and Ember guided Smolder closer, he had to reboot his mind.

They stood close, so close that when they made contact, a powerful shock ran up their spines that turned into a wave of hidden euphoria. Standing just a head a bit taller than her, he looked at her with such amazement, along with the fact that she wore some kind of perfume. What it was, he couldn’t name it, but it was alluring and so strong that it affected his senses. He was starting to feel something strong towards her, unlike before. Was it just because of what she was wearing that triggered it or perhaps, he never really paid attention to how beautiful a dragoness could become wearing clothing or make-up. Was that bad?

“Uh Spike?” Smolder managed to squeak out. “Am I-?” A pause, still bashfully unsure how to say it.

Spike blinked out of his gaze and finally spoke. “S-Smolder wha- why?” He paused, trying to find his words. Judging by the other two, they were still waiting for his proper response. With a gulp, he leaned in closer and spoke softly to her.

“You… You are beautiful Smolder. Beyond… beautiful and just like Ember-” A soft grunt from Amy. “-And maybe Amy.”

“Hey!” The pink dragoness whined. Both Ember and Smolder giggled but allowed him to speak. “I-I am speechless by it.” He gently grasped her claw, where they were painted a light pink to match and held it close. “I haven’t seen you like this nor any dragon but… wow. You are stunning. Was this for me?”

She nodded, eyes glistening as she leaned up. “Yes but… I also wanted to feel beautiful. At least, to me and maybe you.”

Spike’s heart was beating at a rapid pace. Not just for the words but because he saw that she really wanted to impress him. That she wanted to feel the same love he had given Ember. He leaned further to her, brushed her snout with his own. “You are beautiful, Smolder and whether you wear makeup or a dress or just remain who you are, I will always see you as such.”

That was enough for the dragoness for she jumped on him, wrapping her legs around him while blowing as many kindles to his face. He was momentarily stunned, only to wrap his arms around her waist and give a few back, earning not just a taste of what was to come but a place in his heart now with the youngest member of his hoard.

The night ended with four bodies in one bed, but all wrapped close to one another and with their hearts merged eternally.


Spike and his hoard, along with Twilight, their parents, the mane six, Starlight, Sunburst, Shining, Cadence and Flurry embarked on the first train to Canterlot in the morning. With the final day of their time here before the return back home, he would make sure that it was one they would all never forget. A cheer was made as they steamed off towards the mountain top, eager for the festival.













None of them would be prepared for the approaching storm’s shadow and the effect that it would leave on them…

Author's Note:

After six months, we are reaching the end, fillies and gentlecolts! We are so close to the end, it begs to know what will happen and how much season 8 and 9 will be touched. The movie is a big part and to let you all know... THREE CHAPTERS REMAIN
The intro of Spike's past is still up for debate as a prequel or as a story to ride along with the final series but it is coming.
I already blew the minds of many with the past of other eggs, but now... the ending will blow that out of the water and perhaps, things will change far different then you can know!
The last three chapters may not be as long but they will be as impactful and perhaps damaging. Thanks to all who have been following for six years!