• Published 7th Aug 2011
  • 3,257 Views, 35 Comments

A team effort - remsaman

  • ...
6
 35
 3,257

Chapter 1: Together, we stand.

Before you ask, this fanfiction is written from my perspective, and Justin/jay(jay is his nickname) speaks first.

“Mind reminding me why the hell we are here again?” Justin leaned back on a chair.

“Reseach paper... Did you really forget already?” I sighed, he was always lazy when it came to these sort of things.

“no, i just felt like being reminded.” the snarky tone was followed up by a similarly snarky grin

“And you wonder why you are failing, Jay.” eyerolls ensued

“Hah, im failing because i dont find myself able to care about this hellhole.” he gave a wide gesture to the surrounding books that filled up the school library


“You should care about your education, would you rather be earning 60 grand a year or work at a mcdonalds for a living? Pfft, look i sound like your teacher” I said, trying to improve his work ethic

“i dont know, free fast food sounds nice...”

“you’ll get tired of it eventually”

“you would be surprised.”

I stopped and turned to the looming bookshelves, pulling out a few books and placing them on a trolly. Justin let out an audible groan in protest, drooping his shoulders to emphasize his disinterest

“Ugh, do you really expect me to read these? i mean seriously. ‘The history of the greek civilization.’ What a snore.” He pretended to fall asleep.

“Hey, sorry if i care about my mates future.”

“That’s very noble of you, i thank you for that, but i honestly dont care about this project, nor will i ever.” He screws up a piece of paper and throws it into a nearby bin, pretending to play basketball

I sighed heavily, wicked ideas circulating my mind.

“Hey Justin, catch”

I threw a 2 thousand page encyclopedia at him. he turned just in time to be catch the full weight of the blow directly in the face. the book pushed him back into the shelves where his head met the horizontal metal bars with a loud ‘thunk’

“Ow! you ass, that hurt!” he yelled out, rubbing the back of his head where it had made contact with the metal. i smiled sheepishly and took back the heavy book. he did not hide his anger as we continued our walk down the halls of the library.
Moments later, an evil smile painted on his face, before i even had time to react, he snatched up a book off the cart and slams it against the back of my head, a few seconds later, we were both rolling on the floor laughing.

A few moments of gathering our stuff together, Jay and I both head to a free table to start studying. But to no surprise, Jay fell asleep.

“I’m not even going to bother waking him up.”

After 20 minutes of mind numbing reading and writing, I got up to stretch my legs, after I walked around the shelves a bit, looking for interesting titles, i made my way back to the table.
Justin was awake, and staring blankly at something.

“Hey jay, what’re you lookin at?” I questioned, waving my hand infront of his face.

I didn't get a reply, he just raised his hand and pointed forward.
There, infront of us, was a large light bluey glowing vortex.
I stood back, something like this wasn't an everyday occurance, that's for sure.
The anomaly felt like it was pulling me towards it, resisting the urge, i tried to pull justin back, but to no avail. He was starting to walk towards it. I couldn't stop him, i tried as hard as i could, but we were already past the event horizon. Our feet lifted off the ground, I tried grabbing a pole, but it wasn't tied to anything, and lifted off the ground with me.

“GOD DAMNIT JAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” I screamed as we were both sucked into the vortex.

The vortex was something you wouldn't believe, unless you had witnessed it first hand. But sadly, i wasn't one for movement, and passed out due to the inertia of the situation

I awoke moments later, i never carry a watch with me, so i didn't know the time. I lifted myself to my feet, and walked over to Justin.

“hey, jay, wake up you lazy shit.” I shoved him a little with my leg

“heh, shut the hell up dude...” i extended a hand to help him up but he slapped it away. “does your head hurt too?”

“Just a bit, ive never been one for bumpy rides.” I chuckled softly.

Turning around, we both saw endless miles of forest.After a few minutes of walking, we saw what appeared to be a figure in the darkness.
“Hey, who is that?” I squinted, i had to wear glasses, so my eyesight was pretty terrible.

“how the hell would i know?”

“Oi, you? Where are we?” i shouted out to the figure in the shadows

The figure just darted away, leaving us both confused.
Cautiously walking further, we both looked at our surroundings. Everything seemed too... perfect.. The skies were clear as day, and there was no noise or pollution at all.

Suddenly, several more of the figures appeared around us.

“Hey, who are you?” Justin span his upper body around, worried expression on his face.

each figure stepped in turn, into the light. revealing seven horses, except each was a different colour. and not your average horse colour either

“pfft, nothing to worry about Rem, just a few horses that's all.”

“why do they have horns?”

A bolt of electricity shot out from each of the horns, answering our question, but at the same time, striking us down.
As we both passed out, i could have swore that one of them spoke the words

“take them to the castle”

_________________________________________________________________________________________



I woke up to the sound of arguing, unsure of what just happened or what was going on.

“But they tried to-” A mysterious figure questioned

“I KNOW what they tried, but we have to bring them before her before we do anything, it was her personal orders”

“ugh, fine”

I was picked up by my feet and hands, I couldn't look at either because i was hogtied and was too weak to lift my head up. I look to the side, and see two horses wearing armor carrying Jay, also hogtied. Something about him seemed different, but it was too dark to see. and i didn't want to waste any time questioning what was going on.

We were brought to a throne room, untied, and thrown on the carpet. I stood up, weakly, and was forced to hunch over because of the pain in my backside.
I looked forward to see a blood soaked horse, larger then the rest, with a horn and wings, wearing a crown. But also covered in blood. i assumed this was the main figure of authority.

She cocked an eyebrow when i stood up, and after a few seconds passed, began to spoke.

“Answer me this, do you know where you are?”

Answering truthfully, i couldn't deny. “No your highness.”

“Ah, and you knew i was princess because...?”

Princess! that was it. “You are wearing a crown, miss, and on a throne in a castle”

“I suppose so. Now, what is your name?” Her horn glowed dimly after she asked the question

“Remy, miss. now may i ask why i am here? I haven't done anything wrong.”

“Yes, of course, you tell no lies as far as i can tell. Guards, escort him to the courtyard, and bring his companion in.”

The next few minutes were agonizing on the mind. Who is this princess, why can these ponies talk? where was he? It seemed centuries before the doors finally opened once more, as the guards escorted Justin out.
Without looking at eachother, they just sat on a bench silent for a few minutes, before Justin finally broke the silence

“she was covered in blood”

“yeah, i don't know why,”

“period?”

“oh haha, very mature jay.”

“Hey, just trying to lighten up the situation, no need to get so... hoarse about it!”

we both laughed in unison. even if the joke was terrible.
Hours passed, Jay and i both confused, eventually we decided to take a walk, but when we tried to walk off, a guard just gave us a weird look, before stopping us and saying we need to stay there.

Eventually, the princess walked out of the room, and greeted us, saying we were free to go. She offered to transport us to a town called “ponyville” which she seemed to have some sort of attachment to.
We had no choice but to accept, seeing as she was a princess, and we had no idea where we were. We waited for a few minutes, and 2 winged horses strapped to a chariot rolled around the corner.

“Pimpin with style” Jay nudged me, chuckling.

We climbed onto the chariot, and in a few short moments, it was in the air.
Marvelling at the splendor of the area around us, we gasped in turn. Everything was perfect. There was nothing wrong, no cars, no powerlines streaming everywhere, it was the perfect world, a world without pollution.

Once the chariot landed, we thanked the winged horses and went to find the nearest inn, The princess gave us both 100 bits each, the currency of the land. The inn keeper was kind, and gave us our own rooms, and said we could pay in the morning. but like everybody else, he gave us weird looks, as if we did something wrong.

“I guess these horses haven't seen humans before”

“No shit.”

That night we both slept soundly. Especially without the noises of the big city.

_________________________________________________________________________________________


I woke up in the morning and knocked on the wall to wake up Justin, i picked up my jacket with the edge of my fist and pulled it over, not even bothering with the sleeves.
I picked up my bag with my arm and slung it over my shoulder.

I put on my glasses and almost fell on the floor, still weak from the night before. pushing the door open with my foot i took a few steps outside, hearing my own footsteps quite loudly

“strange, i don't remember putting my shoes on.”

I walk over to Justin’s door, and give it a kick.
The door opens, revealing a yellow horse with familiar looking hair.

“oh sorry i think i have the wrong room”

“You sure do you jackass”

And then it hit me.

“Jay?”

“Wait, how the fuck did you know my-.... Remy? what the shit, you're a horse!”

I looked down at myself, and fell down in shock, The sound i heard was my own hooves hitting the floorboards, and it wasn't a fist that draped my jacket over my shoulders, it was another pair of hooves.

“Alright, what did you put in our drinks jay.”

“I’m not a druggie dude.”

“Just makin sure...”

After we got over the confusion, we walked downstairs and paid the Innkeeper, 5 bits for the first night. Walking outside, every horse in sight stopped and stared at us.

“Did we do something wrong?”

“What makes you think that?”

“Do i need to point it out?”

After walking around the town, everyone stopping what they’re doing and looking at us, except for one pony, a minty blue coloured one with a horn, and a lyre on its flank, who just smiled at us.
Moments later, they were greeted by a white horned horse with purple curly hair.

“Oh you poor dears. That clothing is absolutely horrid! You must come with me right away to fix it up!”

“err, that's alright miss i think well just..”

“NONSENSE! I cannot ignore a pony who is in such desperate need for fashion help!”

“Miss, i assure you-”

“i wont have any of that, now come with me”

I had had it with this horse, she just wouldn't leave us alone.

“MISS! please! I don't want a fashion makeover!”

“well if you INSIST i mean i was just trying to be generous but nooooo...” She walks off, sulking.

Justin just gave me a look and shook his head. I was never one to care about my looks.
After wandering around a while longer, we came across a large tree that seemed to be converted into a building, with “Library” engraved on a stone outside.
Justin gave me another look, this time, worry on his face.

“I don't think we should be studying, what with whatever is going on.”

“Relax, i think that the more we know about wherever we are, the better well become accustomed to it.”

The only reply was a groan.
Opening the door and walking in, a bell rang. I searched through the shelves and found a book labelled “Equestrian history”
With find the book that i needed, i leaned against a bookshelf and begun reading. It all sounded like something from a little girls TV show. But i decided to accept it and move on.
After i finished the most important parts, i put the book back and looked around the shelves a little more. A voice sounded from the other side of the room.

“Can i... help you?” Said a purple-green dragon with yet ANOTHER weird look on his face.

“Im fine, thanks.”

“great, now there are talking dragons, what next.” i mumbled to myself.

Looking across the room, i saw Justin transfixed on a comic book. Typical.
After a little more research, another horse walked into the room

“Hey, i haven't seen you before, whats your name.”

“Im Remy, and my starwad companion is argy- i mean Justin.” I said, cracking a small joke related to one of the videogames he plays often. He returned with an angry stare

“Nice to meet you, I’m Twilight Sparkle. Im the librarian.”

The air produces a small green flame, and is soon replaced by a small scroll with a wax seal on it. Unfurling the scroll, Twilight’s eyes widen, and soon replaced by a semi-serious look.

“Hm. I see. You two better come with me.” She motions towards the door she came out of.

Not really having a choice, we walked into the room, Twilight’s serious look replaced with confusion, like everyone else.”
On entering the room, Twilight shuts the door.

“look, If what the princess tells me is correct, then you two aren’t from around here. And, if you really didn't try to kill her, i have reason to trust you.

“Kill her? Is that why she was covered in blood?”

“Yes, but currently i believe that you, Remy, have more sense then that to kill anypony. And justin is too stupid to pull something like that off.”

“hey!”

“Anyway, i guess i’m the only pony to ask, but why do you walk on two legs?”

“What do you mean, we always walk like this”

“and you didn't notice everypony else walks on four?”

“nope.”

“Well anyway, im guessing everypony has been giving you weird looks, if you want to stop that, just walk on all fours. okay?”

“ugh, okay.”

“and take off your pants”

“WHAT?”

“What is with you, seriously” Her horn glowed and removed our pants.

we looked at eachother, blushing and after seeing nothing, removed the thought from our minds and turned our attention to our flanks
Mine was imprinted with a scroll and a quill, while Justin had an apple.

“Before you ask, those are your cutie marks, each appears when you discover your special talent. but seeing as you two probably weren’t ponies since you were born, it was probably immediate.”

I gave justin a huge grin after punching his flank

“i.. used to live on an apple orchard...” he blushed.

“Look, you two will want to blend in as much as possible. so try to stay out of trouble, and walk on all fours. If you want to ask anything, feel free to ask me.” she opened the door and motioned her head outside.

After thanking her, we walked back towards the Inn. This time, no pony at all gave us any weird looks, except that same white mare with the purple hair.

“This will take some time getting used to jay.”

“Jay?”

I turned my head and saw jay walking towards a building with a huge muffin on the roof labelled “sugarcube corner”

I groaned.

“This will be a long day”