• Published 10th Jan 2019
  • 2,056 Views, 48 Comments

Twilight's Gift - Nagato



In which Twilight has to learn how to take care of babies of a completely different species.

  • ...
4
 48
 2,056

Friendly meeting

Chapter 2

Friendly meeting

Five pairs of eyes looked curiously at the little human babies, wondering from where had Twilight get those creatures.

The elements of Harmony had been gathered by their purple friend and her dragon companion under the promise of meeting Twilight's newest friends; of course, each mare had a vaguely idea of what these newest friends were by looking at Twilight saddlebags, where a pair of completely unknown creatures were carried by their friend, both of them looking with big eyes at their surroundings.

The first to meet the academic mare was Pinkie Pie, who immediately took notice of such creatures on her friend's possession and quickly approached, taking in every detail she could; once she was sure neither of them were scared of her, she started to play with the infants, making faces and sounds that they evidently liked, if their chuckles were of any indication. After that both mares decided to go to Rarity's Boutique, hoping to get to the seamstress before any client could take her time. Once they were in the Boutique's entrance, they were about to knock, but the door opened suddenly and a little filly quickly went past them, shouting her apologies for such an abrupt escape, Sweetie Bell ran through the streets of Ponyville, probably in search for her partners in crime. Twilight looked at Spike, who just was staring to where the filly had run to. With a smile, Twilight talked to him.

"If you want to go, you can do it. I won't be mad you know. Besides, you are a kid, and kids need to have fun. Go, Pinkie here will help me, right?" She looked at Pinkie, who nodded eagerly. Spike seemed about to argue with her, but a simple stare from Twilight was enough for him to be gone in a few moments.

She looked at him with a smile until the little dragon couldn’t be seen in the distance.

Letting a sigh out, Twilight headed into her friend's place, immediately finding an angry Rarity who seemed to be looking for her sister, her anger immediately vanishing once she saw her friends, and her gaze fell on the two guests Twilight was carrying.

Before she could even talk, Twilight spoke.

"I know, I know, I promise I'll explain everything later, but for now, can you help me find the rest of the girls? Pinkie here is going to look for Rainbow, can you tell Applejack to go to my house? I'll go looking for Fluttershy, please~”

The white mare only had time to nod before being carried away by Pinkie. Letting a sigh out, Twilight headed to Fluttershy's Cottage. Once she arrived there, her eyes moved to the children she was carrying. Both were looking around curiously, watching the birds and animals that inhabited the place moving around.

Knocking the door, Twilight waited for a few moments until her shy friend finally appeared, and when she did, the squeak that escaped her mouth was adorable. Her attention was immediately focused on the creatures on Twilight's saddlebags, and if Twilight hadn't been holding them she was sure Fluttershy would have thrown her away.

The yellow Pegasus was cooing at the babies, and the two of them looked at her curiously. The yellow mare started to throw all type of questions to Twilight, who at the end told her that if she wanted to know, she would have to go with her back to the library. Nodding excitedly, the shy mare flew behind Twilight, playing with the babies while the other mare just rolled her eyes.

When her tree appeared in her line of sight Twilight could see that the rest of her friends were there; so when she arrived at the door and all of them kept looking at the babies, Twilight let out a nervous giggle and asked them to go inside.

And with that, the Elements of Harmony had officially met the Sun and the Moon.


“These‘re the strangest looking critters ah’ve ever seen, Twi…” Applejack face was on Sasuke’s belly, the little boy laughing softly. The orange mare smiled sweetly at the boy, then she moved away and faced Twilight “And ya say that they just appeared in yer house?”

The purple mare nodded with a reflective look on her eyes. Her gaze then moved to the blonde child in front of Rarity.

“Oh, aren’t you a little charmer? You are a little baby full of charm! Yes you are!” Rarity was using her magic to caress Naruto’s body, who was smiling at her lovingly.

Twilight looked back at Applejack and finally answered her.

“I honestly don’t really know how they arrived here, and that frightens me. A certain part of me wants to know how did this all happen, but the rest of me wants to take care of them until they don’t need me anymore…it’s strange. And being honest, I haven’t ever felt like this, you know?”

Applejack nodded, letting Fluttershy take Naruto with her. The yellow Pegasus took Naruto by the collar of his overall and flew to the couch where a few toys were lying.

Facing her orange friend again, Twilight opened herself.

“I’m afraid of this whole thing, Applejack. I’ve known these creatures for only a day, and I feel as if I ever lost them I’d die…what’s going on?” Her voice was filled with worry.

The apple mare didn’t really know what to say in such a situation. It wasn’t as if babies from a different species fell from the sky every other day. No, she didn’t know what to say about her friend’s situation, but she decided to be honest.

“Look, Twi…Ya ‘re afraid, and I understand that. Ah can’t say Ah know what’s goin’ on, but Ah can assure ya that we, the girls and me, will be with ya in every step of the way. Whatever ya need, just stomp my door and ah’ll be there for you…”

Twilight looked completely moved from her friend words, and immediately hugged her with such strength that even the apple mare was surprised.

“…Thank you…” She whispered.

The orange earth pony just hugged her back, before breaking the contact to look around.

“Where’s Pinkie?” She was truly curious, since the pink mare seemed smitten with the boys.

And right after she said that, the voice of the hyperactive mare came from outside.

“Guuuuurlsssss!” Her squeaky voice was high enough to make the whole library tremble “I’ve brought some food~”

Looking back at Applejack, Twilight smiled a little and headed outside, where the party pony was standing surrounded by a few carts filled with sweets and cakes.

The element of laughter was shaking with uncontained excitement. Her mane seemed even puffier than before, and the smile on her face was a little too big for Twilight’s taste.

“Hey Pinkie, you brought…a lot of food” Twilight didn’t exactly know what to say, so she sputtered the first thing that crossed her mind.

“Of co-ur-se! Babies need to eat ya know?” Her face suddenly was in front of Twilight’s” Help me a little here, please?” She said motioning to the carts.

“O-Okay, thanks Pinkie, for all of this” The purple mare was being truly honest with her friend.

Pinkie only nodded happily before getting inside the tree. With a smile, Twilight floated everything Pinkie had brought, and headed inside.

There she found Rarity kissing the top of Naruto's head; the boy had closed his eyes, and was smiling softly. Celestia's student could only smile at the sight. Looking for the rest of her friends, she saw both of her pegasi friends playing with Sasuke. She then cleared her throat, catching her friends' attention.

"Do any of you want to eat? Pinkie here brought a lot of food “she said motioning to the element of laughter, who only waved to the other elements with a wide smile "Then we could...huh...play a game?" Her suggestion was received with energetic nods from both Rainbow and Pinkie, and the calm agreements of her remaining friends.

"Then come, it's time to eat..."


Canterlot, Equestria

Royal Castle

To say that Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria and master of the sun was having a good day, would be an understatement.

Last night, she suddenly felt a pang of pain drilling her head, and as she sensed a completely foreign power extend its tendrils through the entire world, and her kingdom, her entire brain was shot down and the next thing she knew was that her sister had arrived at one point in the night and had been worriedly trying to wake her up.

The moment her mind finally started to work properly, the ivory mare was aware of the flows of energy that now were circulating through the entire place overflowing it with power. She could feel it in the air itself, the very ground where her castle had been built was buzzing with energy. It was wild, ever so changing and moving from one place to another. But to Celestia, the most frightening thing was that it felt alive. The entire world felt alive, and not in the same way as before. The ponies, the dragons, the changelings and every creature in Equus were what make the planet feel alive in the past, but now, it was the world itself that riffed with life. And that made Celestia uneasy, because she didn't know that to make out of it.

The very idea of some kind of foreign energy could fill the waters and air that kept the inhabitants of the planet alive worried her deeply.

And once her sister told what had happened while she was unconscious only served to increase the worries in her mind.

Right now, she was walking back and forth in front of her throne, where her sister was recovering her breath after she had coming so fast to inform her about the recent events. Putting a hoof on her forehead, she just let a sigh out.

“And you say that this power was seemingly coming from everywhere?” Her serious tone was enough to even put the bravest of stallions to sweat, but her little sister was no stallion, and her own tone was an exact replica of that of her older sister.

"Yes, sister. Never in my entire life have I ever feel so...little, so insignificant. To be in front of such colossal power...I'm glad that apparently none of our little ponies could feel it, otherwise I fear they could have been drove to madness. And what's even more worrying is that it was powerful enough to knock you down, for hours if what you had told me is true...." The princess of the night closed her eyes and hung her head down

Her sister closed her own eyes, a tired sigh escaping her mouth.

"I find myself without any kind of insight on what is going on. But if my experience with magic, with magic in this scale, is of any indication, then our first move must be to find from where this power came from, and the moment we figure that out, we'll be able to find more clues leading us to the truth."

The white Alicorn walked to one of her stained glass, which depicted the elements of harmony, led by her faithful student, defeating her sister's worst enemy, Nightmare Moon. Her gaze then moved to other, in which, again, her student along with the rest of the elements were show dealing with Discord, the chaos incarnate.

"Somehow, I have this feeling that Twilight will soon know about this, and the moment she involves herself in, she'll figure out what is happening..." The solar diarch said with a smile, one that quickly faded away when she looked at her sister's eyes "However, this does not mean that we will be at the sidelines waiting for the elements to solve this problem, we have to act, and quickly. We'll need to contact the rest of the races in Equus, and inform them about this, although I'm sure that some of them already know of about this fine mess we're in..."

Luna, eyes filled with determination, stood up, walking down until her face was in front of her sister's.

"We need to mobilize our forces, of course we'll have to be quiet about it, and we don't want to alarm our ponies. I'll gather a scouts group to start looking for the epicenter of this..." Her eyes moved onto her sister's sun, its light bathing the entire city, then she looked at her sister with tired eyes "However, I find myself really tired at this moment, would you mind if I take some rest for a few hours, Celestia?"

The white mare smiled kindly to her sister, nodding to the dark Alicorn.

"Of course I would not mind, sister. Please, go to rest. I'll gather your scouting group, I imagine that you want to lead this investigation, do you not? You always were the adventurous one..." Giggled the white Alicorn.

Blushing ever so slightly, Luna hung her head down. Right before heading for the gates in the Throne room.

"Ugh...I really love you, Sister..."

The last thing she heard were her sister's chuckles, which echoed through the entire room.

Once Luna was gone, Celestia let out a few more laughs, and after a moment she looked at the stained glass in which her student defeated Nightmare Moon.

"I wonder, which kind of entity can release such power, to alter the world in this way...it must be a formidable being..."


Golden Oaks Library, Ponyville

Afternoon

Twilight Sparkle's eyes were big and her mane looked completely messy; she was panting, her eyes looking right at the scene in front of her.

Rainbow Dash, element of Loyalty was carrying little Naruto through the air, holding him from the hoodie of his overall. The small human could only laugh at the situation; his mind didn't even register the danger of him hanging like that in the air. Right now, the only thing in his mind was how pretty the blue flying dog looked. On the other side of the house Pinkie was carrying sasuke in her back. Without anything for him to hold onto. Of course, unlike Rainbow she was just walking through the room, the little black haired baby kissing her mane and hugging her from the back.

"Pinkie Pie! Rainbow Dash! You two will stop this right at this moment! You'll hurt them…hugh, stop!" Twilight shouted, her eyes starting to get watery.

Rainbow just let a few giggles through her teeth before descending to the floor and carefully putting Naruto back on Twilight's reach. After that, Pinkie sat down on the floor, her barrel against the wood surface, and then Sasuke got off her back; once both children were safely in the ground Twilight snatched them with her magic, bringing them closer to her face and then started to caress them.

Rainbow looked at her friend for a few moments before talking.

"Hey Twi, are you okay? You seem to be...really sensitive about this whole thing..." She approached the purple unicorn, hugging her with one of her wings”

"I…oh my Celestia…I…" She put a hoof on her head. She didn't really know what was going on. Like she had told Applejack before, she didn't know what was actually happening in her head, but if something was completely obvious it was that whatever effect that light that had surrounded the children had on her, the most obvious was her sudden need to be near them, and for them to be safe.

She walked away from Rainbow, who was right behind her, looking back, the Pegasus mare could see her pink friend stuffing her mouth with chocolate cake and resting in the floor.

Twilight put both babies in the ground and then sat next to them. Both were trying to climb her body, which caused the mare to let out a few laughs.

"I talked to Applejack. I told her about this sudden need of...of protecting them, of being sure they are safe and that nothing bad happens. I've never, ever, felt like this before Rainbow. Are these feelings artificial? Is this some kind of spell?" Her voice cracked a little at the end"I don't want it to be like that...just thinking about it makes my heart feel so heavy...But if it is true and nothing is real, then what does this mean for me? And what about them? I..." She couldn't even finish, tears falling from her face. When she felt a tiny hand touching her snout she smiled softly at Sasuke.

Rainbow kept looking at Twilight for a few moments, and then smiled at her friend.

"Well, you'll be glad to know that what you feel isn't false. I've seen these past few hours how you look at them. The way you smile when they laugh, and the way they look at you when you are in front of them...it's really cool ya know?" The blue pegasus smiled "You're like a...like a goddess to them, there's no way for you or them, to be faking this. Maybe something did happen to you that made you feel protective about them, but everything I've seen here so far is really genuine" She then moved her eyes to the children "Besides, you can make those feeling genuine, the more time you spend with them the more natural it'll be. Anyways...whatever you do, I'll be there egghead..."

The purple mare's eyes were big and red, her mouth agape and she could only stare at her energetic friend after such words. Without saying anything Twilight hugged Rainbow tightly and let out a few whimpers before using her magic to wipe out her tears.

Rainbow beamed at her friend.

"See? I can too be of help when I want. This should teach Rarity that I'm not some uncivilized troglodyte..." She only mumbled the last part looking at the floor. Then she looked at Twilight. "Well, now that you feel better, why don't we...ugh, what's that smell?"

Twilight also noticed what Rainbow was talking about, and her gaze fell on the two babies that were looking at her with expectant eyes. She smiled with humor as her friend gagged.

"Well, this was bound to happen; after all, you two did eat a lot of ice-cream ...c'mon, I'm gonna bathe you two..." She levitated the both of them "I'll have to ask Rarity for some new clothes though...shut up Rainbow, this is normal for babies..."

As she headed to her room, Twilight couldn’t help but smile.


A few hours had passed since the girls and the babies had been playing. Right now, her friends were preparing the children to give them a bath, Twilight wanted to get them clean after having changed their diapers (From where did they get them, though?). Rarity had already taken on herself to make them some new clothes, even before the purple mare had the chance to ask her. And Twilight was glad for that, she didn't know where she could get any kind of clothes that would fit them.

The mare was currently looking for some towels in her room, and after a few moments she finally found them. Smiling to herself she headed to the bathroom.

She was thinking about how the children would look once they developed completely, and to her it was such an exciting subject! Would they be like dragons, who took so much time? Or more like ponies? Could they even grow at all? She kept thinking and thinking, new ideas forming every second in her mind. She didn't notice it, but she was already back in the bathroom.

Trying to get her head back to the matter at hand, Twilight didn’t notice all of her friend giving her their backs.

Suddenly, Fluttershy's voice caught her attention. Her friend's tone filled with worry.

"Uhm...Twilight? Did you see this? I don't think this is normal..." Once the purple mare looked back to her friend, she could see that the rest of the elements were gathered around the babies, worried looks on their faces. Frowning slightly, she approached them.

"What do you mean, Fluttershy?" Once she was next to the Pegasus, she looked at the shy mare in the eyes "If you mean their lack of fur, I think that's normal for...oh..." Her gaze finally fell on what had caught her friends' attention.

Both babies were lying on the bathtub, and while yes, neither of them had fur, what actually had surprised them were their limbs. Naruto's right arm and Sasuke's left arm were completely different from the rest of their bodies. If Twilight had been worried about Sasuke being pale before, now that she was able see their arms she was truly worried.

Their limbs were of a chalk white tone, and all along their arms there were strange black rods sticking out of the skin, as if they had been pierced.

Somepony had pierced babies.

Twilight could feel herself gritting her teeth furiously.

And once she looked around she could see that her friends had reached the same conclusion. Every mare there was frowning, and in the case of both unicorns they were red, their faces filled with indignation for one, and fury for the other.

However, neither of the babies seemed to care about it, in fact, both of them kept playing in the water. Their chubby forms floating in the water-filled tub.

For a long while no mare there spoke a word. The only sound in the room was that of both babies playing with each other.

But eventually, Rarity was the first one to talk out of the six mares there.

"Who would do something so...so...so savage to a baby?!" Her tone was a reflection of her face, pure indignation. Her stance screamed of indignation, mixed with anger and the little sparks of resentment.

Neither of the other mares said anything, they just kept staring with worried eyes at the laughing babies in the bathtub.

Twilight felt a single tear fell from her eye.


Las Pegasus, Equestria

Las Pegasus’s Desert

The heat of the sun hammering down on the sands of the desert was simply unbearable. For most creatures, it would be downright a suicide to go out to the dessert for a walk, but Ditto wasn’t like most creatures; she was a Changeling, a proud member of the race of shapeshifter insect-like ponies.

However, she was feeling the heat, for some reason the last two days had been truly hot for some reason. She wondered if Celestia had something to do with it. Of course she does, doh, she is the goddess of the sun.

She kept mussing on her thoughts for a few moments, before gazing up to the blue sky, and then to the almost infinite sea of sand; letting out a sigh, she kept walking, changing directions a few times so she could reach the path that lead to her hive’s outpost near Las Pegasus.

Her mother and leader, Queen Monarch, had sent her to the ponies’ city to gather information and look for potential sources of love. Right now she was going back to give her report to her mother, hoping to get some kind of appraisal, which honestly wasn’t really hard, since her Queen was a really kind creature.

She was so distracted by her thoughts about her home and ruler that she didn’t notice the strange form emerging from the sands. She didn’t notice it until a ball made of that material hit her right in the snout.

Falling to the side, she coughed some sand, hopping quickly to her hooves, she shook her head. And just like that, a second sand ball almost hit her in the face again.

“What?!” Her head immediately moved to look for her attacker, which she quickly found, since it shouldn’t be difficult for anyone to notice…whatever the hay that thing was.

The first thing she noted was that it seemed to be covered completely in sand, purple markings going through its body as if it were veins. And it was huge. Easily three times her size. Its body was built like bear. A bear fused with a dog and sand. And it also…

It was laughing.

Loudly.

Her brow furrowed when she noticed that, and she started to approach it, her face red with embarrassment, fury and the heat of the sun.

“Who in the hay do you think you are, huh?” She stomped a hoof in the ground, exhaling violently from her snout “If you think you can come out of nowhere and-“

“Shut yer little mouth ye bug” It didn’t even moved its mouth, but the voice was clearly from the creature in front of her. How was that possible? “Ya remind me of some of those green slimy insects I once met, ya know? Always bugging around…get it? Bugging around? And you are a bug! Hahaha!”

Her jaw was wide open, mostly because of the shock of it interrupting her that way than for it talking.

Her right eye was twitching with annoyance; the big bear like creature hadn’t stopped laughing. Looking around to see if there was anyone near, she was glad to see that she still was alone in the desert, well, not alone really. Although she knew nopony would be out with such heat, even less in the middle of the dessert.

After a few moments spent to prepare herself, she was ready to give it a piece of her mind.

“Hear me here, you little-“

“Nah, I’m bored, bye” And just by saying that, It simply gave her its back, and started to walk to the east, to the direction from where she had come, and a few moments later, its entire body blended with the sand, disappearing completely.

“Wha…what?!” She shouted, a scowl in her face “If I ever see you again…ugh, damn equestrians, always so annoying…whenever it seems like I’ve seen anything they have to show, they just magically conjure some new thing…” Her mumbling was filled with annoyance.

She kept looking to the direction in which the unknown creature had go for a while, but then she just sighed and kicked the sand under one of her hooves.

“…whatever.”

With that, she resumed her walk to the hive, planning on telling her mother about this new development. It surely wouldn’t hurt to know about possible new targets for her hive to plan around.


Vanhoover, Equestria

Vanhoover’s coast

Cloud eleven was soaring through the sky happily, her cobalt blue fur and mane drifted along with the wind flow. The smile in her face was enough to know that she had had a good day.

Cloud was slowly descending to the beach below her, planning on enjoying the waves of the blue sea, the movements of the water always filling her heart with joy; once her hooves touched the sand, she let a sigh out and a goofy smile took over her face.

With great satisfaction, she sat down in one of the many rocks around the place; her eyes fell over the ever moving sea, and like many other times, her attention was completely focused in the waves. Of course, such attention was what made her notice when something came out of the water.

And it didn’t seem like a something, it seemed more like a somepony.

She let out a gasp, the strange looking creature a few dozens of meters away of her was looking around; she couldn’t help but stare, she had never seen a creature with such featurettes.

At its basic, the unknown being was like a pony. But bigger. Way bigger. It had a white fur, and a mane of the same color. Most of its body was like that of a pony, but where the normally expressive face of a pony should be, there was a strange looking head. It vaguely seemed equine like, but barely. It reminded her of…a fish…a dolphin! It had the head of a dolphin, if you really added some featurettes on it, that is. Around its neck were some gills. Coming out from its head there were 2 horns. The last thing she noticed were the 3 tails swinging back and forth behind the creature.

If Cloud had to be honest, it was a truly beautiful creature, its pristine white mane flowed with the wind, and the water drops from its fur made its body look as if it was made of crystal.

The gills on its neck were constantly contracting and expanding, a weird thing to behold, if she had to be honest, since she never saw any marine creature doing that out of water.

The strange pony looking fish-thingy moved its gaze to the mountains on the south, from where she had come, and subsequently the dolphin-pony saw her.

She became still, her eyes as big as plates, sweat started to fall from her forehead as she locked eyes with the creature's eyes

Pretty green eyes.

Its head was tilted to the side, those green eyes looking at her with curiosity, and Cloud felt her jaw fall when the creature gave her a toothy smile. A smile filled with razor like teeth.

Teeth from a carnivorous, she thought.

Smiling back to it nervously, she slowly unfurled her wings, starting to get back before it could even get close to her.

But of course, fate was cruel and in just a blink, the creature was suddenly in front of her face. Cloud let out a scream filled with fear, and fell on her butt.

The dolphin-thingy tilted its head again, before giving a wide smile and lick Cloud’s head, and right after that, she could see the creature running right into the forest that would lead to the mountains, its powerful legs making it seem as if it was just a blur.

Cloud Eleven could only stare at the path the creature had taken, a simple thought in her head.

What.

Author's Note:

Okay, first of...I'm sorry! I said I was going to publish this one chapter last Tuesday, but there was a blackout, and electricity didn't come back until wednesday at night! And after coming so tired from work I didn't finish the editing of the chapter, so I left that to Thursday(Yesterday) and then...another blackout! I'm so pissed:flutterrage:, here where I live is summer, and believe me, trying to sleep without electricity and those damn mosquitoes is friggin horrible. And well, electricity came back like an hour ago, so I just finished this one . I'll try to work in the next one as fast as possible, because if this trend of blackouts continue...ugh.

On the chapter, this was mostly a set-up chapter, and the rest of the girls already know about Naruto and Sasuke now. And if you didn't understand the last parts, I'll explain a little. Those creatures that appeared are like "avatars" of the Bijuu, although heavily modified, and they have the vaguest of memories from their tailed beasts. Does this mean that there will be foxes, giant insects and turtles? Yep, will they be antagonistic to the inhabitants of Equus? We'll see.

For now thats all guys, and again, sorry for the long wait.:twilightblush: