• Published 10th Jan 2019
  • 2,047 Views, 48 Comments

Twilight's Gift - Nagato



In which Twilight has to learn how to take care of babies of a completely different species.

  • ...
4
 48
 2,047

Naruto & Sasuke

Chapter 1:

“Naruto & Sasuke”

As the sun made its way through the windows of the Golden Oak Library, the purple pony that owned the place was sleeping peacefully, that is until the sunrays reached her face, and with a scowl in her face the mare slowly wake up and tried to move out of the light’s way.

But immediately she regretted her decision and let out a whimper; the pain that was running through her body, especially her horn, was unbearable. It made her let out a few tears that fell to the ground. Her eyes were clenched tight, both because of the pain and to block out the sun’s light.

Slowly, she tried to get up and took notice of how horrible her entire body felt. Her quivering legs almost gave up under her own weight, and the mare let out a little smile when she finally stood on her four limbs. Her eyes were still trying to get used to the light that shone in her room, but she could finally see.

Letting a few breaths out, the mare’s gaze fell on the creatures on her bed.

The bed that now was on the other side of the room.

What…?

At first she thought that it was her bed that had been moved, but actually it was her that somehow ended on the other end of the room.

“How did I end up here…? Last thing I remember was approaching them to get a closer look and then…ugh my head “She put a hoof on her forehead right below her horn.

Her entire head felt as if it could explode at any moment. The source of all of that pain, her horn, felt as if it had been burned to its core. And that pain was clouding her mind, preventing the unicorn to function as usual.

Sighing after acknowledging to herself that the pain wasn’t going away anytime soon, Twilight made her way to the bed.

The mare glanced at both of her guests, using the sunlight to take on every detail she might have missed last night.

As she had noted before, both of them were using clothes, but it was now that she noticed the details on those garments.

The one with black hair, the chubbier of the two, wore a blue overall that enveloped its body almost completely, the exception being its head. There were black and purple lines went through the entire overall. Her eyes drifted to its face, noticing that the skin was overly pale, almost too pale she thought. Frowning a little, she inspected the little creature a bit more.

After a minute or two, her eyes moved onto the second baby, the blonde creature wearing an orange overall. She smiled at the sight of its whiskers, and traced a hoof over its face, finding the skin really soft and smooth. The orange garment had lines going all over it too, the difference being that instead of black and purple it was black and golden. Unlike its companion, the skin wasn’t as pale, instead having a healthy tan on it.

Letting out a sigh, her gaze hopped from one to the other, taking on as many details as she could and comparing each one to the other. They were roughly the same size and obviously both belonged to the same species.

Once she felt there wasn't anything else she could get from them without taking their clothes off them, she started to mumble to herself.

“They are mammals, the fur on their heads adds up with their warm blood. Their species seems to be bipedal; however whatever method they use to move still eludes me. They don’t seem to have a tail to balance them out, and as of now my only hypothesis is that they use magic to move and not fall, but if so, how did their species develop in such a way…?”

Her head was on the bed, her cheeks resting on one of her hooves. Her eyes looked dreamy and distant as she lost herself in her own thoughts.

They were so distant indeed that they didn’t notice a pair of blue eyes looking at her. Not until a tiny limb reached out and touched her muzzle.

A yelp escaped her mouth as she fell to the ground. As the pain was now running through her body at full force, Twilight slowly got up, her eyes meeting those of one of her guests.

Blue met violet as both creatures locked their eyes on each other’s.

And just a few seconds after that, the blonde creature smiled before letting out a giggle that quickly turned into loud chuckles that woke up its companion.

The black haired one looked disoriented and confused, until the moment he saw his orange clad counterpart, in which moment he started to giggle too.

Twilight was dumbfounded, unable to speak as their giggles filled the room; but soon enough she found herself grinning to them, their adorable smiles getting to her. Although she didn’t notice it, the pain in her head had slowly retreated back, almost disappearing completely.

Using one of her hooves to pet the blonde’s head, Twilight talked to them.

“Hi! My name is Twilight Sparkle, I’m princess Celestia’s student, and…huh, dumb twilight…” She had started her introduction striking a heroic pose, but after a few words she notice how neither of them were paying her any attention. One was sucking his hand while the other had rolled over and was looking at the ceiling.

And of course they would do that, she told herself. They were babies, and if the rest of the living being in equestrian were any indication, they just weren’t smart enough to even understand her and their attention span was almost nonexistent.

“Hey there little one, how are you?” She approached the black haired baby, her muzzle nudging its side. The creature let out a giggle and his hand quickly reached Twilight’s face, grabbing a handful of her mane and putting it into its mouth.

She yelped in surprise, and then panic leaked through her voice.

“W-What?! No! Please, stop!” She tried to be as careful as possible, to use her hoof to get him away, but as the seconds went on the baby’s grasp on her mane was getting stronger.

Thinking quickly, she conjured a few toys that she had kept from when Spike had just hatched from his egg. The items appeared right over the baby’s head just for Twilight to put them in the bed right after. And as soon as the objects fell on the bed, the baby’s attention left her and focused on a particular toy, an stuffed raven that spike used to slept with.

Without even looking at her again, the baby let her mane go and hugged the stuffed toy with his eyes closed.

Letting a sigh filled with relief, her gaze moved onto the blonde baby sucking his fist. He didn’t seem to care about the toys, his eyes locked on one particular photo in her nightstand.

Following his line of sight, she smiled at the picture.

The one she had taken after the failed Gala a few months ago. In it she was hugging princess Celestia, who occupied almost the entire frame with her immaculate white body.

The princess, in one of the few moments in which she wasn’t being regal, was smiling at the camera, her mouth stuffed with chocolate cake, and right beside her a purple pony smiled while hugging the Solar ruler.

Looking back at the baby, Celestia’s student felt a smile make its way into her face.

The baby seemed hypnotized by it, its saliva falling from his fist and in her bed, his big blue eyes filled with something that seemed like…longing? She then approached him, and started nuzzling his head.

“Wow…you have a really nice mane…but your skin is so soft…you are simply adorable, you know that?” Her muzzle was caressing his forehead, and the baby seemed pleased with the development.

She kept caressing him, but her gaze went to the other baby, who seemed completely oblivious of them. He was now sitting on the stuffed raven, while putting one of Spike’s old action figures on his mouth.

Smiling, she looked back at the blond baby, only to notice that he was still looking at the photo. She moved a litte, getting comfortable in the bed, and then she started softly talking to him

“Hey little buddy, are you okay? It seems like you really like her, huh? Look-“She levitated the photo, bringing it closer to him and then pointing to Celestia “That’s my mentor, she’s the princess of all of Equestria and she’s really kind and loving and wonderful and… you know what? Here” She gave the baby the photo, Its little claw was touching it and then it quickly moved to the side until it was touching Celestia’s cutie mark, the sun “Oh, you like her sun? Then you’ll love to know that she’s the one that every morning raises it up to the sky!” Her enthusiastic tone put a smile in the baby’s face, who for the first time in a while was giving her his complete attention.

Soon enough he was touching her face, his soft claws were traveling through all of her face, and she just let out a chuckle. Her laugh seemed to have an effect on the baby, because he started to giggle too.

The unicorn cooed at him, he was simply adorable!

After a few moments, he finally stopped. And there was a peaceful silence between the two, both the mare and the unknown baby smiling.

“Bwa”

Twilight’s eyes got bigger at that.

“You want to talk too…?” She felt so confused. The academic on her wanted to keep taking notes, but the pony side wanted to cuddle the baby forever. And it was the pony side that was winning at that moment.

“Bwa”

Getting her face closer to him, she watched as the baby babbled about. He started to make gestures, and a few more sounds before falling back in the bed and smile at her.

She felt a brow rise. What was all of that about? Did he really try to communicate?

Of course he did not, Twi. All babies, no matter the species are like this at the same point in time. A pony baby will babble too. But…babies do try to communicate though…uhg…I need my breakfast.

The mare would have kept talking to herself, but then she felt a tug on her mane; looking down she saw the baby reaching into its clothes through the collar of his overall. After a few moments he finally put his claw out. And in its chubby hand there were a pair of necklaces.

Huh. She thought.

The blonde baby smiled just before handling the items to her.

With curious eyes, Twilight inspected the objects, lifting them with her aura. One was a simple thing, the only remarkably aspect of it was the green gem that seemed to be wrapped in some kind of mystical aura, in the mare’s opinion. The second one was made of metal; the most noticeable featurette was the metal plate that had some kind of inscription, in a completely foreign language!

She gasped. A new language wasn’t something to joke about. It meant that there was a civilization that they didn’t know about!

And as someone who prided herself for being good at learning new things, she felt a surge of excitement travel all over her body.

Eyeing the alien letters, the unicorn mare tried to find any kind of meaning to it. It truly was foreign. The soft lines, the delicate way each letter flowed into the next, in her opinion only the work of a real talented unicorn could match such wonderful calligraphy.

Looking down, she noticed the baby staring at her with something akin to expectation in his face. Frowning, she looked at the plate again.

Nothing changed. She let out a hump in frustration.

Though she didn’t mind it, she felt how the baby’s body leaned into hers, sharing his warmness with her.

And just like that, Twilight found out that…she could read it.

Naruto.

“What?” Now she was truly surprised.

What did just happen? I’m not a mare with a talent for languages and I’ve certainly never seen anything like this…

But Twilight did know a little about other languages, especially the ones for the dragons of the north, all of which had a completely different way to speech than the rest of the dragons that inhabited Equus. However, that didn’t mean that she was able to learn a completely new and foreign language on the fly.

And then the question started to pop out in her head.

How could she do that? Was there any meaning to it? Why did it happen?

Calm down Twi. Calm down.

Now, let’s recap.

To begin with, even at first glance it was obvious that it isn’t like any language in Equus, at least not any that I know about. Unfortunately I’m not an expert on this matter, so whatever.

But second and most important, how could I read it? I know a lot of magic, but this…doesn’t seem like magic though.

What happened then? What did trigger this reaction?

Her eyes went all over the room, and then to both babies, first to the black haired one, who was peacefully staring at the ceiling, and then to the blonde one, who was hugging her b...

“That’s it!” She said out loud.

He was the catalyst for the sudden ability to read that language.

But still, how did it happen anyway? He didn’t seem to be able to talk yet, so communication through vocal means was out for sure. But what if he was able to convey ideas through contact with others? Now that was a truly breakthrough discovery if true.

She could learn so much from it, maybe even write a book. However, she decided to investigate about it later, choosing to try and read the metal plate again.

“Ne-roo-toe?” She regarded the baby at her side, which looked back at her with some kind of disapproval in its eyes. She then tried to read it again “Na-ru-to…Naruto! Is that your name, little one?” Her face was in front of the blonde’s who just smiled at her with happiness.

Immediately he started to babble, his upper limbs doing strong motions and his face filled with joy as the sounds escaped his little mouth.

She kept looking at him for a few moments, but after that her gaze moved onto the other baby.

“What about you?” She then asked him. He just looked at her without blinking, his chin resting on the stuffed toy she had gave him. Sighing, Twilight used her magic to pull out another metal plate from the clothes. This one had a different inscription, and like before she just tried to read it.

“Saaa…saa-soo-key?” She grimaced, her mind telling her that it wasn’t that, and the look on the baby’s face also communicating that idea “uhm…ok, I think I got it, Sasuke?” her hopeful tone was rewarded with a smile from the infant.

While not as energetic as his counterpart, he too started to babble, but his incoherent ‘words’ were directed at her with a smile. He tried to get closer, but fell back in the pillows that surrounded him, the toy he held almost falling to the side if not for her magic catching it. A chuckle escaped his mouth as he lifted his head and looked at her right in the eyes.

You sure are cute too.

Bringing her head closer to the range of his chubby arms, she let out a coo after the baby started to caress her face; a mere moment after that, he had both of his limbs around her neck and pulled her closer to him, hugging her upper body while cuddling her face.

“Haha, oh, you definitively are adorable, I’m sure fluttershy will lik-…the girls!” She quickly pulled out, the boy falling with his face on the bed, but Twilight didn’t see that, she was already looking through her window to Ponyville.

“Huh, how am I going to tell them about this?” Her gaze moved from the window to the two babies again; the orange clad creature was sucking one of her old Celestia stuffed toys, on the other hoof, the infant she had been hugging a few moments ago was rolling in her bed, and was about to fall when she caught him in her magic.

Letting a relieved sigh, she put him back in the soft surface. Approaching the bed and looking at them with a frown, she was trying to come with a way to tell the girls about them without either Pinkie or Dash scaring them and without word of them getting out to Ponyville. She didn’t want another Zecora situation.

She looked back at both plates, and frowned.

She could not read it.

She tried to force the knowledge she had mere minutes ago to work again. But nothing changed.

Maybe I need to be touching them for it to work? Well, let’s put that in the list of things to investigate about later.

A sound caught her attention, and she noticed that the blonde boy was trying to reach to her. Lifting the baby with her magic, she brought him to her face, waiting for whatever he wanted to say.

The only sound that escaped his body was that of his stomach announcing that he was hungry, and just a few moments after that his companion followed suit.

Twilight let out a nervous chuckle.


Running from one spot to another, Twilight was busy making breakfast, her magic working as fast as it could, her mind was filled with thoughts about how much she could write about her new little friends.

“Sasuke…Naruto…” Those names had some kind of ring to them that she just liked.

Humming as she moved some fried hay for herself and a few flowers, the purple mare eyed what she had prepared for them; two bowls of oats; she also had prepared a pair of feeding bottles filled with milk. That at least should satisfy them for a while.

It was the only thing that she knew everypony in Equus could eat, even dragons. And neither of them had teeth yet, so it was better to give them something not so solid. Besides, it was one of the few things that she could prepare in such a short notice.

She still wanted to know how in Tartarus they had arrived in her house. She also needed to figure out the way they were able to grant her the ability to read their language, if only temporary. She had been thinking of them as males, but once those names got into her head, she pretty much had a confirmation for it.

Now though…

But that could wait. Right now she needed to provide food for the babies and herself, so with a quick motion she turned back to the stairs that lead to her room, the food she had prepared enveloped in her magic.

Trotting to her room, once entered she found the two babies lying in her floor, their attention immediately fell on her once she made her presence known. Their eyes filled with expectation, they kept looking at her until she had taken her place right in front of them. Smiling at the babies, she sat down and used her magic to draw the bowls near them, while the bottles stayed behind her back.

With expectant eyes, she watched as they eyed the content in their bowls, the right claw of Naruto touching the food before smiling, with a nod to his companion, both looked at her …right before sinking their faces in the bowls, ignoring the spoons at their sides.

Huh, I should have thought about that, she thought.

Of course neither of them would have known how to properly eat at all; they hardly could even talk to her. Letting out a tired sigh, Twilight’s magic enveloped the bowls and floated them over their heads; both children looked at her with eyes filled with apprehension, food falling from their quivering mouths.

Smiling softly, the purple pony talked to both.

“I’m not going to take your food; however, I don’t think Rarity would ever forgive me if I let you two develop such ‘uncivilized’ manners-“She levitated the two spoons the brought before, sinking them in the mixture “-I guess I can’t expect from the two of you to understand everything I already know as an adult pony, so for the time being it’s on me to teach you two how to behave…and how to eat” She let out a giggle at the last part.

Using the spoons to feed them, she spent the next half an hour talking to the babies, trying to explain various concepts to them, although she was certain that by the looks on their faces and their subsequent behavior after she finished with her little ‘lesson’ nothing of what she had said did stick in their heads.

Shaking her head with amusement, Celestia’s student looked at her clock, it was already nine in the morning, and after taking a few minutes to prepare herself, she decided that it would be most beneficial to let the girls know about this new situation, especially Fluttershy. Although shy, the yellow Pegasus was really knowledgeable about almost any creature that existed in Equestria and she would surely aid Twilight in taking care of these babies until either they could find their parents or work out a better solution.

Once she finished cleaning their faces, she started to prepare for the little journey ahead.

Twilight decided that would be easier to take them inside her saddlebags than floating them with her magic. With the former she would have the advantage of carrying them at her sides and well secured, while with the later she’d have to concentrate in using her magic and watching where she went just in case there were something in the way.

Floating one of her old saddlebags she cleared it from any dust it had, Twilight then looked upwards and quickly climbed the stairs to her room and a few moments after brought the two babies with her to the library.

Putting them in the floor for a moment, she levitated the saddlebag and started to put it on, she was so lost in her task, that she didn’t hear the door of her house opening.

Only when the voice of her always serviceable assistant reached her she snapped out of it.

“Hey, Twilight? Huh, what am I exactly looking at?” The confused voice of Spike asked as the pony quickly turned to face him, a nervous look on her face before a sigh escaped her mouth.

“Well, you see…”


Twilight, Spike and the two babies were sitting near a bookshelf, the Equestrian and the dragon looking at the infants play with each other. Leaning against the shelf, Spike moved his gaze to his sister.

“So, after you guys had a crazy party in Canterlot- To which not a single one of you invite me to-“Spike tone was somewhat bitter at that part, he then continued “-you came back to our home and it was glowing like crazy, and then you found these babies here?” he gestured to the creatures that were now wrestling much to the dragon’s amusement and the pony’s disapproval.

“Yes, pretty much” She said, using her magic to separate the little pouting babies.

“And what are you going to do about them?” his tone was serious, and then he grinned at her “I’d love to keep them you know? They seem adorable…and apparently the blonde one knows how to fight…”

“I thought you’d be jealous to be honest” She was originally worried that he would feel like when she brought Owlowiscious, although unlike that time she wasn’t planning on keeping these babies. Letting a sigh out, the unicorn used her magic to separate both babies from each other.

“Nah, I learnt something important back then and I won’t ever let those kind of feelings affect me ever again!” He exclaimed while striking a heroic pose.

Chuckling at his antics, Twilight looked again at the clock, which now informed her that another hour had passed. Stretching her body, she grunted as she slowly got up.

“Well, if you don’t really mind them, what do you say about coming with me to see the girls? Maybe you’ll have a chance to talk to Rarity~ “The mare giggled as her dragon friend puffed his cheeks and looked the other way “Well then, let’s go!”

Hopping on her hooves, Twilight levitated the babies into her saddlebags, and with a nod to Spike, both went out of the house and in their way to find the rest of the elements of Harmony.

Hopefully, everything would turn out okay.

Author's Note:

I gotta be honest here, this isn't the original chapter 1:ajsleepy:. The first one I wrote was supposed to include the events of "Secret of my Excess" in it, but after thinking for a while, that seemed really rushed to me, so I decided to make this one instead. Some parts of the other chapter are in this one, but most of it is new.

So the actual first chapter will come next probably, and the plot will start to move forward. Especially in the Luna/Celestia front.

I'm sorry I took so long to update :twilightsheepish: , I had some problems this past week, but here it is! I hope you like it guys, please tell about any grammar mistake you find!

See ya, hugs! :raritywink::rainbowkiss: