• Published 5th Feb 2019
  • 3,599 Views, 86 Comments

Keeper of the Forest - ShowShine



Legend has it that one day someone will protect the Everfree forest and every creature in it

  • ...
3
 86
 3,599

Summoning

Spike stood in front of the house that had sprouted from the ground. The doors were big enough to fit a large creature in it. He twisted the doorknob to see that it was unlocked. He pushed the door open and marveled at what he saw. The floors were wooden and shiny. The walls were a pale blue and the house was rather big. It was big enough to fit a large animal inside.

“This place is so big.” Snowy stayed in awe. Spike took Snowy off of his head and placed him on the floor.

“You guys can go look around.” Spike said. Snowy and Debbie happily ran off in the same direction. Buddy nudged Spikes side with his nose and sniffed around.

“You found something?” Spike asked. Buddy walked around the house, sniffing around. Spike followed behind him closely, petting Cinnamons head in the process. She let out a soft purr.

Spike noticed that all the doors in the hallway had doorknobs that could be pulled down. It would be easy for an animal to get in. Buddy stopped at a white door. It was a different color from all the brown wooden doors. The doorknob was round. Spike opened the door to see a bedroom. It had a large king sized bed with a red blanket. There was a bookshelf in the corner filled with various books. On the left side of the bed there was a large dog bed and on the right there was a nightstand with a lamp.

“Is this my room?” Spike asked. Buddy’s tail started to wag and he walked over to the dog bed. He flopped into it and curled up. He fit perfectly.

“Are you going to stay here?” Spike asked Buddy. He looked up and nodded his head before laying back down. Spike started to walk around the room, interested in what he would find. He opened the nightstand drawer to find a blue book. The title was Nature Magic in bold yellow letters. He flipped it open to see that it was full of spells. They were mainly plant related. A spell about rocks caught his eye.

“I never learned a rock spell before.” Spike commented. He looked at Cinnamon who laid in his arms peacefully. He placed her onto Buddy’s side. He opened his eyes for a moment to look at her before closing them. He licked her head softly. It was cute that Buddy liked her so much. Spike held the book in his hands and walked out the room, leaving the door open. Time to learn new magic.


Spike stood in the backyard of the house, wearing his cloak, shoes, gloves, and mask. He had gotten them from the castle. It seemed to be safer to wear clothes while using new magic. Twilight taught him that. He reread the simple rock spell before putting the book down. He closed his eyes and his hands started to glow a pale green. The ground started to shake and a small rock popped out. It had to be the size of Snowy. Spike stared at it.

“That was good for a first try I guess.” He muttered. He picked up the book and started to flip through the pages. He stopped when he saw a plant spell. It would be easier to practice what he knew. The spell was called ”Call Of the Gods.” Spike read through the spell. It seemed odd but he would try.

He placed the book on the ground and clasped his hands together. His hands glowed brightly, causing them to vibrate. He released a glowing ball of flowers. It shot up into the air. The flowers bursted into light, making the shape of a large bird. It let out a loud caw, causing dark storm clouds to flood the sky. Rain poured down and thunder crackled. Spike grabbed the book, retreating inside.

“I just dried this off.” Spike stated with a groan. His eyes widened in realization. He just made it rain without touching the clouds. He ran toward a window. A loud crack of thunder echoes around the forest. He picked up the book and reread the spell.

”This spell is able to summon a god. Be careful, summoning the gods can be very angry if you awaken them from there slumber, they can be very angry. It often leads to death.” Spike read outloud. His scales flattened and his stomach churned. He forgot to read the description of the spell. He glanced out the window, only to see that it had stopped raining. It was sunny again and the ground was practically dry.

“Did the gods forgive me?” Spike asked.

“I did not forgive you!” A tiny voice with a New York accent shouted. Spike spun around to see a tiny creature on the kitchen counter. It was a draconequus. He had the face of the donkey, and the body of yellow a snake. He had a folded puppy ear and a bear ear. His left arm was an orange kittens paw and the right one was a deer hoof. His tail was a brown fluffy squirrel tail. His right leg was a a zebra hoof and the left one was a birds claw. Lastly, he had large pink and yellow butterfly wings. He glared at Spike angrily.

“Do you have any idea how hard it is to get to sleep?” He shouted angrily. Spike tried to hold back laughter at the five inch creature. His tail flicked angerily. “Don’t laugh at me, I’m one of the most powerful gods and you will bow to me!” He exclaimed. Spike swallowed his laughter.

“You’re a god?” Spike asked. He nodded his head.

“I’m Irdes, god of the mountains. Now why did you summon me mortal?” Irdes asked. Spikes scales flattened.

“I didn’t mean to summon you, I just wanted to try a new spell.” Spike admitted bashfully. Irdes let out a groan, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

“I can’t leave unless you need me to do something for you.” Irdes explained. Spike thought for a moment.

“I don’t need anything important.” Spike stated with a shrug. Irdes flapped his wings and hovered in front of Spikes head.

“Well I guess I’m stuck with you for a-MMPH!” Irdes got cut off when Buddy ate him whole. Spike gasped and hit Buddy on the nose.

“Bad dog, spit him out!” Spike exclaimed. Buddy’s ears flattened and he let Irdes slide out of his mouth. Irdes’ body was soaking wet and he was shaking.

“Control your rat, you goblin.” Irdes stated sternly. Spike gave him a confused look and looked at Buddy.

“I’m a dragon and that’s a timberwolf.” Spike stated. Irdes squinted at him.

“You look like a goblin so I’m going to call you goblin.” He stated, wiping the saliva from his body.

“My name is Spike and I don’t look like a goblin.” Spike stated, grabbing a napkin to dry Irdes off.

“Okay goblin mortal.”