• Published 5th Feb 2019
  • 3,565 Views, 86 Comments

Keeper of the Forest - ShowShine



Legend has it that one day someone will protect the Everfree forest and every creature in it

  • ...
3
 86
 3,565

Released and Super Hero

Spike stood in his backyard, holding potion bottle in his hand which was a pretty mix of pink and orange. He swirled it around a bit, watching the colors dance.

“Are you sure this’ll work?” Spike asked. Fluttershy nodded her head with a confident smile.

“I’ve seen Zecora use it before.” She explained. Spike placed the Stone of Amity onto the grass and opened the potion bottle.

“How much should I use?” Spike asked, looking back at Fluttershy. She shrugged her shoulders, completely unsure. Spike let out a shaker breath and poured two drops onto the stone. He stood there, waiting for something to happen. The Stone started to crack and blue light shined out. Spike smiled and poured another drop. The Stone broke into piece, making Spike tumble back in surprise. A beam of light shot out, swirling into the sky. The light started to take form. Spike gasped at the light, not able to tear his eyes away. The ground shook and rumbled under them and started to crack a bit.

“Spike!” Fluttershy shouted in fear. Spike looked down to see that the ground under him was started to break apart. He quickly rolled backwards, landing next to Fluttershy’s leg. A blinding light flashed in the forest, making Fluttershy and Spike cover there eyes. Spike opened his eyes to see a rather large siren. She was dark blue with green fins and scales. Spike stared at her in awe as she looked at her fins in surprise. She slowly broke out into a grin, starting to bop up and down happily.

“Falsetto?” Spike asked in disbelief, taking a step forward. Falsetto looked at him with a gang filled grin, making Fluttershy take a few steps back. She lunged at Spike, making him freeze in fear. Falsetto wrapped her arms around Spike, hugging him tightly.

“Thank you soooo much!” Falsetto exclaimed, hugging him even tighter. Spike let out a strained wheeze, a small flame shooting out of his mouth. She chuckled and placed Spike down.

“I’m sorry but I haven’t seen the sky in years!” Falsetto exclaimed, looking at the clear sky. She zipped around the backyard, looking at flowers, bugs, and trees. Spike smiled at her excitement. Falsetto quickly turned around to face him.

“Where’s Irdes?!” Falsetto asked, her tail flapping a bit. Spike thought for a moment.

“I think he’s inside, I’ll go get him.” Spike said as he ran inside. Spike looked around to see Irdes, laying face first on the kitchen counter.

“Irdes I have a big surprise for you!” Spike exclaimed happily, practically bouncing from joy. Irdes looked up from the spot he was laying a looked at Spike.

“What is it?” He asked. Spike grabbed him and started to make his way to the backyard.

“Trust me you’ll love her!” Spike said running into the backyard. Irdes cocked his eyebrow.

“She? Don’t hook me up with some random mortal.” Irdes said sternly.

“Irdes?” Falsetto asked. Irdes quickly turned around and his ears flattened.

“Falsetto?” Irdes asked in disbelief. He flew out of Spikes hands and slowly approached his wife. He turned into a large golden dragon and pulled her into a hug.

“I missed you so much!” Irdes exclaimed, tearing up a bit. Falsetto hugged him tightly.

“Aaw!” Spike and Fluttershy cooed in unison. Irdes kissed Falsetto on the lips. Spike smiled, loving this display. Falsetto broke away from the kiss chuckling.

“Sweetheart, not in front of Spike.” Falsetto said with a laugh.

“I don’t mind.” Spike said with a large grin. He was actually enjoying this. He loved to see people in love.

“Oh! Spike I need to teach you some spells, go put on your outfit. And make sure to bring all of your animals from inside.” Falsetto commanded. Spike nodded his head and ran inside.


Spike stood outside, wearing his costume. Behind him, Debbie, Buddy, and Cinnamon stood behind him. Fluttershy laid close to the house, petting Snowy. Falsetto floated in front of them as Irdes laid next to her, staring at her with love in his eyes.

“First step about fighting, you need to work as a team. It’s better to work with your animals than by yourself.” Falsetto explained. Spike nodded his head. Falsetto drew in a deep breath and started to sing. Her voice was soft and haunting. A chill ran up Spike spine at the sound of it. Plants snaked out of the ground, slowly approaching Spike.

“Attack and defend, work together as a team.” Falsetto commanded. Spike nodded his head and looked around at the vines that were surrounding him. He had no way out. He drew in a large breath and let out a let out a gust of fire, burning the vines to ashes.

“Impressive, but can you defeat this!” Falsetto exclaimed, slapping her tail onto the ground. Rocks started to erupt from the ground, striking anything in its way. Spike flapped his wings, trying to fly away but couldn’t get off of the ground due to his wing still being cut. Large boulders surrounded him, slowly closing in.

“Debbie!” Spike exclaimed. Debbie opened her wings and flew up into the air. She swooped down and grabbed Spike by the hood. She flew upwards as the rocks crashed into each other.

“Haha, you can’t get me now!” Spike shouted, at least twenty feet from the ground. Falsetto smirked.

“You forgot about my special attack!” She exclaimed. A vine shot out of the ground and wrapped around his ankle. The vine swung around, swaying him side to side. Buddy let out a growl and charged at the vine. He head butted it harshly, causing the vine to lose grip on Spikes leg. The vine shot him across the forest at a very fast speed, heading into town.

“Spike!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“Haha woops. You should probably go check if he’s okay.” Falsetto laughed nervously. Fluttershy placed Snowy on the ground and quickly flew in the direction Spike was launched.


Spike let out a loud scream as he was launched across Ponyville. He opened his wings, trying to glide to the ground safely. Ponies watched in curiosity as this masked stranger glide into town. Spike tilted his body upwards, trying to slow himself down. He reached the ground, only to forcefully kick a stallion in the side. The pony tumbled over and Spike landed on his feet.

“Oh no, are you okay?” Spike asked. The stallion looked at him, snarling at him. He had a purse in his teeth. Spike turned around to see a mare with a black eye. He slowly put the pieces together, realizing that the mare had been mugged. The stallion lunged his hoof at Spike, trying to punch him. A vine wrapped around his hoof and pulled him to the ground. The stallion tried to move back, only to be held to the ground. Everybody stared in awe as Spike took the purse from his teeth. He handed the purse to the mare who looked at him gratefully.

“My hero!” She exclaimed dramatically. Ponies around him started to cheer as a few cameras snapped a picture. Spike grinned nervously through his mask.

This wasn’t good.


Irdes slammed a newspaper down onto the counter, glaring at Spike. On the cover, it showed Spike and the mare he saved hugging him.

“You weren’t supposed to let anyone see you!” Irdes shouted. Falsetto moves Irdes away from Spike.

“It’s my fault, I launched him into town.” Falsetto stated. Spike looked at the newspaper. He was fully clothed and little to no skin was showing.

“Well at least know one knows it was me.”


Crows circled a wasteland, crowing loudly.

“He’s returned, he’s returned!” The crows chanted. In the middle of the wasteland, the ground was cracked. The ground started to shake and two antlers poked out. A deers pokes his hooves out, pulling himself upwards. He panted heavily, pulling himself out. His fur was matted down and he was covered in dirt.

“After thousands of years, I’m finally free!” The deer exclaimed in a scratchy voice. He stood up and dusted his coat off. “Reggie!” He screamed out, sticking out his hoof. A crow landed on it and looked at him curiously.

“Have you found out where the new Forest Keeper is?” He asked. The crow nodded his head and let out a caw. Another crow came down, holding a newspaper in his beak. The deer read through the front page of the paper.

“Ponyville huh? I’ll pay him a visit.” He said in a sinister tone. He looked at himself. He was filthy.

“But first, I need to clean myself up so I can make a grand entrance.”