• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 3,198 Views, 96 Comments

My Sweet Burning Desire - Braveheart106



Spike begins to hang out with the Crusaders,only to have a "close" relationship with one o

  • ...
7
 96
 3,198

Endgame pt.1

Author’s Note: I know you guys must be getting tired of this, but I just really like to thank you all for what you’re doing for me. Reading my stories and helping me get near 1,000 views has truly been a blessing to me. To thank you for all your kindness and appreciation, I’m gonna leave an extra chapter out there for you. I’ll leave it amongst the readers to speculate what it exactly is or means. I thank you all again for reading, liking, favoriting and commenting. I love to read them, they interest me. Now on to the story!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ok everypony I just got a call from Zecora, she’s got a hold of them!” Twilight said cheerfully as the team cheered.

“That’s good to hear Twilight, and if Rainbow Dash can stop the Weather Patrol from doing that Thunderstorm over Hollow Shades, we’ll be able to catch them in no time!” Rarity said as she clamped her hooves together, making Twilight smile.

“Yeah, good thing Zecora is over there, I’ll have to thank her for helping us out!” Twilight said as Rarity shook her head in agreement.

Meanwhile, in the row behind them Applejack was interrogating Fluttershy.

“So Fluttershy, nice day we’re havin’ right?” Applejack asked calmly, as the yellow pegasus looked at her and smiled.

“Oh yes Applejack this day has been wonderful! Besides Spike and Sweetie Belle running away, the day has been absolutely wonderful!” Fluttershy said as she smiled and looked back towards PonyVille.

“Oh that’s nice ta hear! You know Fluttershy ah’ve been wondering fer’ a little while now, are you dating my big brother?” Applejack asked the shy mare, as Fluttershy looked at her with shocked eyes and a blush beginning to form on her cheeks.

“Ya’ll don’t have ta’ be afraid to tell me, ah just wanna know” Applejack said sweetly, as Fluttershy took a deep breath in.

“Ok it’s true me and Big Mac are dating! We started after the wedding when he helped me with the bird cages when we really did some other things before we even got those cages, and I always made sure to see him once you and Apple Bloom went to sleep!” Fluttershy said quickly as all her friends looked at her with shock and awe, except Applejack who seemed to be slack jawed.

“Fluttershy are you serious!” Twilight asked as she blushed and smiled.

“Oh yes it's true, although sometimes when we're in his room he gives me it soft and passionate, though in honesty I like it a bit rough at times ” Fluttershy said blushing as Applejack nearly fainted, and Rarity forcefully busted a window open and began to gag.

“Fluttershy what in the HAY is wrong wit’ you? You’re ok with telling me what you two like to do ta’ each other after dark?” Applejack asked with shock and disgust.

“Well you did ask, besides all we ever do is kiss and hug” Fluttershy as they all sighed in relief.

“Ohhh you meant kissing!” Twilight said as Fluttershy nodded and looked at them confused.

“Oh yes and hugging, I don’t think I’ll ever go ‘all the way’ anytime soon, besides my little Angel still needs me! What did you all think I meant?” Fluttershy asked as they all looked at each other and blushed.

“Uh nothing nevermind” Applejack said quickly as she looked away.

As the train continued its route, Pinkie Pie noticed dark clouds beginning to form in the sky. Suddenly Rainbow Dash flew next to her window, and told her to open it, in which she did.

“Wow Dashie, how nice of you to ‘drop in’!” Pinkie said as she began to laugh, only to make the cyan pegasus groan.

“This is no time to be making any jokes Pinkie Pie, we got a serious problem at hoof!” Rainbow Dash said as they all stopped what they were doing to look at her.

“I went to Hollow Shades to find the Weather Patrol like I said I would, but something drastic had come up!” Rainbow said as Twilight looked at her with concern.

“What do you mean Rainbow?” Twilight asked as Rainbow Dash looked down in defeat.

“That’s not a normal Weather Patrol round, that’s a much needed weather demand. That means that if I were to stop them from performing that Thunderstorm, then Hollow Shades plant life would die, and the weak trees would become a hazard to the town” Rainbow said as the other ponies looked at her in shock.

“Oh no, this can NOT be happening!” Twilight said as Fluttershy began to worry.

“Does this mean they could be in....DANGER?” Fluttershy asked nervously as Applejack tried to comfort her.

“Yes Fluttershy, they could be in real danger!” Rarity said nervously as Pinkie Pie began to smile.

“Wait, but they’re with Zecora though! That means they must be safe, right Twilight?” Pinkie Pie asked as Twilight grimaced.

“We can only hope so Pinkie, we can only hope so” Twilight said as they neared the Hollow Shades station.

Meanwhile to Spike and Sweetie Belle.......

“Stick close little ones, for I think the rain has just begun” Zecora said as she felt the rain begin to touch her fur.

“Alright Zecora, though I just wanna know something. Since when did the Friendship Express take branch lines?” Spike asked the zebra, as she began to laugh.

“Oh Spike you silly dragon, you took the Friendship BRANCH Express, that’s why ponies pulled the train wagon!” Zecora said as Spike laughed nervously, and Sweetie Belle knocked him lightly on the head.

“Spike, you bought the wrong ticket! Gosh you’re an even bigger dodo than Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle said as she began to laugh at her own joke, when suddenly Thunder struck in the sky making her scream in fear.

“Is that Thunder I just heard through my ears? Stick even closer together than, for I fear trouble is near” Zecora said as the trio went on through the forest.

As they continued through the forest, the rain began to pick up, beginning to blur the trio’s vision of each other. As Thunder hit again, it hit a large tree making it’s branches weak above the three companions.

“Check it out guys a cave!” Spike said as he saw some dark caves not too far ahead of them.

“Alright little ones get in the first cave, so we may all be safe from the thunderstorm’s rage!” Zecora said as they began to run to the cave.

Suddenly Thunder struck again, hitting a weak branch causing it to fall at an increased speed towards Sweetie Belle.

“Sweetie Belle watch out!” Spike wailed as he pushed her out of the way and got hit by the branch instead.

“SPIKE!” Sweetie Belle yelled as she desperately tried to find him.

As she quickly ran around the area she tripped on a branch and fell, only to see a weak and battered Spike under it.

“Oh no Spike can you hear me?” Sweetie Belle asked as he lightly nodded his head yes.

“Ok let’s get you out from there” Sweetie Belle said as she used all her strength to pick it up.

“Spike I’m losing grip!” Sweetie Belle whined as Spike quickly slid out as fast as he could from under it, and Sweetie Belle dropped it and began to pant.

“Spike can you walk?” Sweetie Belle asked as he tried to get up, only to fall down again in pain.

“Ugh I can’t I’m in too much pain! You’ll have to leave me here Sweetie Belle” Spike said as he tried to lay on a tree.

“Oh no I won’t! C’mon climb on my back, I’ll carry you all the way to the cave!” Sweetie Belle said as Spike climbed on her back and held her neck.

“Alright Spike, hold on tight!” Sweetie Belle said as she began to make a dash for a cave.

“Alright Sweetie, there’s a cave right there” Spike said as he pointed to a medium-sized cave.

As she rushed in with Spike, she slowed down to a stop to get some rest.

“Phew, you ok Spike?” Sweetie Belle asked him with concern.

“No, I don’t think I’m gonna make it through this” Spike said glumly as Sweetie Belle looked at him with confusion.

“Spike stop it, you’re being sentimental ok? You will make it” Sweetie Belle said as he sighed.

“I don’t think so Sweetie, my body is in so much pain! I can barely breathe and I can hear my heart beating through MY EARS!” Spike said as Sweetie Belle shook her head in disbelief.

“You’re crazy, the hit may have messed with your head!” Sweetie Belle said nervously as she looked down.

“Sweetie Belle stop lying to yourself! You’ve got to be prepared for the worse ok?” Spike said loudly as tears began to blind Sweetie Belle.

“What is wrong with you Spike? You’re sounding like you are ok with dying, like you’re ok with losing me forever! Do you really want that Spike, do you really want to lose me forever?” Sweetie Belle said as she began to cry.

“Of course I don’t want to lose you Sweetie Belle! I love you with all my heart, and always will. Though this is real pain Sweetie, not everypony is gonna take a hit and survive it. I just wanted to let you know that even if I DO die, that I will always love you, and these last few days with you have been the best I’ve ever had” Spike said as Sweetie Belle hugged him tight and cried.

“I love you too Spike, I love you so much” Sweetie Belle said when a warmth suddenly covered both of them, and a green glow began to form on top of Sweetie’s horn.

“Oh my gosh Spike, my horn is glowing!” Sweetie Belle said excited as she noticed his eyes were closed.

“I love you Spike, good night” Sweetie Belle said weakly as she moved herself and Spike closer to the back of the cave, and she fell asleep on Spike’s shoulder.

Meanwhile to the Mane 6..............

“Excuse me sir have you seen a zebra with a pony and a baby dragon?” Twilight asked a zebra as he shook his head ‘no’ and quickly trotted away.

“So much for hospitality” Twilight said as she walked up to a small hut.

"Any zebra here noticed them Twilight?" Applejack asked as she shook her head 'no'.

"Well let me go check that last hut over there" Twilight said as she trotted up to the hut's door step.

As Twilight began to knock on the hut’s door, she was pulled in by an unfamiliar figure.

“Oh my gosh guys, that hut just consumed Twilight!” Pinkie Pie said shocked as Rainbow rolled her eyes at the pink mare.

“No Pinkie, a guy in the hut took in Twilight, now lets get ‘em!” Rainbow said as they all charged towards the door as it suddenly opened again, making them all tumble and fall inside.

“Shiny what the heck are you doing here?” Twilight asked the white unicorn as she smiled and hugged him tightly, as he gently returned one.

“I could ask the same thing, what’re you all doing in Hollow Shades in the middle of a Thunderstorm?” Shining Armor asked as Rarity spoke up.

“We’re looking for my little sister, Sweetie Belle and her lover...Spike” Rarity said coldly as Twilight chimed in.

“Yeah bbbff, and they’re both supposed to be with Zecora” Twilight said as Shining Armor began to feel nervous.

“Yeah uh well that’s the thing, Zecora isn’t here” Shining Armor said as they all gasped.

“What do you mean ‘she isn’t here’ big brother, than where the heck is she and how do you know about her and her whereabouts?” Twilight asked quickly as the room suddenly fell silent.

“Alright Twily let me explain, you see me and Zecora are working together on behalf of Princess Celestia. The Princess wants me to use my magic and her good sense of the area in order to find a ‘missing’ alicorn. She told me she was going to go get some breakfast, but she hasn’t returned!” Shining Armor told them as they gasped again.

“So you mean to tell me my sister could be ANYWHERE in this area?” Rarity said as Shining Armor nodded sadly.

“Are you telling me there is another alicorn?” Twilight asked as Shining Armor nodded.

“Do not fear though, once the Thunderstorm ends, I’ll start a search party for them” Shining Armor told them as Twilight glumly agreed.

“Oh no poor Zecora, now they’re all missing!” Fluttershy said as Applejack nodded.

“Yep, guess we’re all stranded now” Applejack said as they continued to talk amongst each other.

Meanwhile while her friends were talking, Rainbow Dash started to harass the two guards.

“Hey, aren’t you two the same guards from Celestia’s visit to Ponyville?” Rainbow Dash asked as they ignored her.

“Oh ok you wanna play rough, fine!” Rainbow Dash said angrily as she turned around and shook her ‘plot’ in their faces.

“C’mon you know you want this!” Rainbow Dash said as Pinkie Pie began laughing and joined in.

“Oh wait Pinkie Pie, let spit in their faces, that’ll work for sure!” Rainbow Dash said when suddenly Rarity hit them lightly with her saddlebag.

“Stop it you two! That’s vulgar and rude, and not to mention very un-ladylike!” Rarity said sternly as they began to glumly walk back towards the couch.

"Aw c'mon Rarity we were just playing around" Rainbow said as she sat down.

"Yeah, innocent fun, besides we'll have nothing to do here if we don't play with them!" Pinkie Pie said as she sat down as well.

"Hey Rainbow I got something you two can do! How about you bake some cupcakes with Pinkie? I got the mix and the batter in my kitchen" Shining Armor said as Pinkie and Rainbow smiled, saluted and ran off to the kitchen.

"What's up with you and cupcakes lately, you ate a whole batch of them at the wedding!?" Twilight said as Shining Armor smiled and laughed.

"Oh, Cadance got me into them again. She always orders them for dessert for dinner, and they are delicious!" Shining Armor said as Twilight laughed.

"Speaking of Cadance, where is she?" Twilight asked as Shining Armor sighed.

"Oh she's back at the Royal Castle in Canterlot. She thinks I may like Princess Celestia since I'm always getting briefed in her room, and especially after she caught us hugging again before I left. So I guess now she's keeping a close eye on the Princess to make sure I'm not doing an affair" Shining told Twilight and her friends as they all said 'eww' in unison.

"I can't blame her for doing it though, remember Butter Scotch?" Twilight asked as Shining Armor began to blush.

"Yes I remember Butter Scotch, I told you to never bring her up!" Shining told his younger sister as they all laughed for the first time in a while.

“Excuse me everypony, I must use the ladies room!” Rarity said suddenly as she scurried off in a rush.

As she locked the door and looked at the mirror, she began to laugh hysterically.

“Oh sweet Celestia, this’ll be even more easier than I’ve ever IMAGINED, stupid Shining Armor! His foolishness and his sister's obliviousness has let me get all the information I've ever needed to know. Now all I got to wait for is the right time to strike!" Rarity said as her head turned to form Chrysalis.

“This day is going to be perfect...”