• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 1,597 Views, 37 Comments

Scoota-who?! - LunaScribbles



A human suddenly wakes up in Equestria as Scootaloo.

  • ...
12
 37
 1,597

Chapter 8: Corpse?

Walking, walking, and, you guessed it, more walking! This forest is as dense as the skulls of those delinquents I had to deal with. Probably not as dense, but it’s getting there!

The flower petals seemed to be increasing in amount the more I get nearer to wherever this trail was taking me. The amount of flowers started to look like piles of leaves raked in during autumn. That’s when I noticed something; a smell. The smell was quite peculiar, but as I kept walking it became much more evident as to what it is. It reeks. It smelled rancid. If I had anything to say about it, it would be just like that one untimely experience I had with a Raflessia arnoldii, a corpse flower. The putrid smell of rotting flesh was starting to become evident as I walked along flower petal trail.

Through the bushes, my eyes widened as I finally saw the source of the stench; the corpse flower, but not just any corpse flower but a humongous one! I'd estimate the base of the flower being 3 ft tall and the petals span from the center with a radius of 6 ft long. The flower petal trail seemed to stop dead there at the corpse flower. It was as larger than the one I saw from the trip I organized going to Indonesia. Darn. I should've been a Biology teacher instead. Nevertheless, I shrugged those thoughts, and approached the corpse flower. I covered my nose with my hoof (God, I gotta get used to saying that word instead of hand). I then noticed something strange. Inside of the rafflesia's hole was another horse just like me. It was wearing the same bow as me, had the same mark as me, the same hair, everything. The only difference is that this one wasn't breathing. Dead. Unlike mine, its coat was of a faded yellow; like a dead person's skin beginning to grow a pale color.

Was this symbolism? No matter. I didn't want anyone to die without a proper burial, and a stinky flower ain't going to be one. With two of my hooves, I attempted to grab the body only to find myself quickly being blinded by a light as I touched it.


"Every single memory just flashed by me so quickly, yet I remembered everything." Applebloom said as she paced back and forth, explaining her story. "After a while, I then understood now. My purpose here. My life is done on Earth. I left it at that. I pretended that it doesn't exist. Gone. Poof."

"Applebloom, Jesus Christ, man. That's legitimately fuckin' dark." I commented.

"Not really. I've read a bit of philosophy and how I applied it to most of my mistakes in my life." Applebloom replied.

Applejack then came up to the conversation, with a confused and scared look on her face. "So, yer' tellin' me ya' ain't my sister?"

Applebloom cleared her throat first before she said anything. "Eenope. Ah' am yer' sister Applejack. It's jus' that apparently Applebloom died an' wus given a second chance through me. Ah' basically became her." Applebloom quickly hugged Applejack. "Ah' jus' didn't want her to die, in a smelly flower of all places. She had all the things Ah' wished for, an' fer all that to go to waste is just... saddening."

"Flower anomaly..." Sweetie Belle muttered under her breath.

"What was what, Sweets?" Applebloom said as she was still being hugged, burrowed in Applejack's chest.

"A FLOWER ANOMALY!" Sweetie Belle's voice cracked as she squeaked. "It's impossible. Three different anomalies all at once? This can't be possible, this can't possibly be possible!"

"Sweetie Belle, what on Equestria are you talking about!?"

"If an introduction is what all of you are looking for, then let me explain!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed as the area around us illuminated with flashing images. These images then started to slow down a bit, revealing a first-person perspective of what seems to be Sweetie Belle's memories... or so I fuckin' thought.


Sipping tea from her usual day-off from her studies, Evergreen the Unknown was quietly looking out the castle balcony. This castle was hers and nopony else's. Nopony was around to even enter in the first place. Nevertheless, she appreciated the isolation. For the most part. Her studies usually focused on magic and how to allow anypony, not just unicorns, to be able to use magic. "Magic of the Underpony" she called it. She was developing this new theory about obtaining one's magical balance in order to make up for their disabilities. She was doing this for a dear friend who was suffering from losing both hind legs during the Attack of the Smooze; a creature to be described as a slime-like Tartarus-spawn.

Setting her teacup down, she left the castle balcony to go back to her studies until... the princess has returned.

"So, I see you've made yourself at home." The celestial alicorn in front of Evergreen said. "I'm glad you found my old castle to be of use, Evergreen."

She rolled her eyes, and chuckled. "Surprised to see you still cared."

"Evergreen, I've come to discuss important matters."

"Like what? More research to weaponize magic?" She replied, with a brash tone, distaste evident in her voice. The room went quiet for a few seconds. The tall alicorn cleared her throat before she could speak.

"Please, Evergreen. Hear me." the alicorn pleaded. "I've received a message from my future self, and it is of utmost importance."

Evergreen raised her eyebrow. She was interested, yet was prepared to decline another request for her research to be about weaponizing magic.

"I need you to go to the future and identify the four anomalies and fix them as fast as you can."

"Four... ANOMALIES?!" she yelled out. "Impossible, truly impossible! Four? That is truly impossible! Let alone three anomalies! That's impossible!"

"Yes, yes. I do know that four anomalies would mean the end of Equestria. This is why I am asking for your help. You're the only unicorn knowledgeable of these things. My mentor had recently sacrificed himself in sealing the Shadow Pony, so I'm afraid that you're the only one that can save Equestria at the moment."

"Me? A saviour of Equestria?" Evergreen chuckled. "I've developed the advancements of the magic beams for your war. To allow other unicorns to destroy themselves with. Haven't I done enough "saving", Princess Celestia?"

Celestia bowed her head in shame, knowing that it is true that wars among her own ponies have been happening. She just wanted to protect the citizens of Canterlot from invading countries; to dethrone her. What could she do? She knows that those ponies in those countries were her little ponies too, yet these ponies kept harming each other... as if the Elements of Harmony were for naught.

"I see..." Celestia turned around and was about to walk away until Evergreen caught her attention.

"Don't want to have a tea and discuss about it?" Evergreen smirked, floating two teacups in a green aura. Celestia turned around, smiling at her.

"Oh you..."