• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 1,593 Views, 37 Comments

Scoota-who?! - LunaScribbles



A human suddenly wakes up in Equestria as Scootaloo.

  • ...
12
 37
 1,593

Chapter 7: Bloom?

"I'm satisfied with my life."

This thought echoed in my mind as my body fell from the fifth floor.

At this point, I'm pretty sure there's no surviving this. Every second felt like hours as the pavement approached my face.

Fucking hell... I didn't even get a chance at love, not even leaving an offspring to continue the Winston bloodline. It's gonna be one of the biggest regrets once I see my parents again, up there in the sky.

I closed my eyes one final time before I braced for the impact of cold concrete.


"Hiya sir!" said a cheery girl to me as I just left 8-C. She had freckles on her cheeks, and a hair of reddish brown, similar to earthen clay. She wore glasses that seem to have been snapped at one point for it had been attached together with some masking tape. Her overall appearance tells me she's a bit irresponsible in taking care of her self. However, her bona fide smile shone as bright as innocence itself. "Howsit' hangin'?" she said with a grin.

She was being awfully a bit casual to a teacher, a figure of authority in school; however, she was just too polite to tell her off. Instead of being that kind of teacher, I smiled and replied. "Oh, same old. Just about to go eat lunch." I said as I gestured my hand over to my sling bag filled with some food. "You should too, you know."

She giggled. "Well, I wouuuld, but I don't got any!"

"Oh Jesus." I replied to her. "Don't your parents give you any lunch money?"

"Dad can't afford any." she said. "But I don't need that! Mark Twain said 'he could live days from a compliment'!"

"Well, that's actually a figure of speech. Ask Ms. Sarah on that. I'm more on the chemistry side... you know, the subject everyone finds boring?"

"Yeah, that's true."

This girl's honesty is too much for me. "Well, I best be eating my lunch in the Faculty Room. I need some energy to get me going through the day!"

"If you say so sir!" she said cheerfully, her warm aura never faltering. "Before I go, I want to give you this!"

She said as she gave me what seems to be a vinyl sticker of what seems to be a cartoon pony of some sorts. "Uhh...?" I was confused at her gift. I was going to politely give it back to her, but then I looked back at her face and --seriously! Those goddamn eyes of her were tugging at my heartstrings!

"Who is this?"

"It's Applebloom!"


Chemistry is as hard as what my students think it is.

10... 9... 8...

I mean, sure enough that the entire reason why I took up this job is because I want to make it easier for these students to understand.

7... 6... 5...

They're our future. Sadly, looks like I won't be seeing that future anytime soon.

4... 3...

However...

2...

Hopefully, from my twelve years of teaching... I've been able to make an impact in their lives.

1...

Let's see what the afterlife has in store for me.


Bloom...

The first word that entered my head was the word "Bloom".

Reminds me of that time I tasked an entire class to do a science experiment with flowers once. That didn't end all too well.

Heh. Funny. I actually like flowers a whole lot more than Chemistry, but I'm that kind of guy who likes a job that doesn't sound too... you know... lame-sounding? Don't get me wrong, working at a floral shop sounds very relaxing, but working as a Chemistry teacher sounds less boring... wait... they both sound boring now that I think about it.

Damn it...

Huh. Is this what death feels like? Just floating around in nothing? That's a thought I feared a lot. Just wandering around in nothingness for an indefinite period of time sounds like suffering. Hopefully it wouldn't be like this for long. It's like waiting for the creation of the universe; a huge explosion, scattering hydrogen atoms everywhere. That sort of stuff? Yeah...

It was until I felt a sharp pain arising.

Oh God, don't tell me I lived from that, did I? Imagine the medical bill?! Haha! Bah, don't care. As long as I'm alive, I don't care what the pains of reality I will go through!

Yes! I see it! I see the light!


I awoke to see the light of the beautiful sun shine upon me once again. I sighed in relief. The thought of death was terrifying. All cold. I was laying down on what felt to be grass. The place smelled far cleaner and less "polluted with carbon emissions". It's like I've been transported to a whole new world, or something? That, or my hospital is in Canada... speaking of which? Where is the hospital!?

I decided to stand up on my own two feet and check my surroundings, only to stumble down and hit my head on the grass. "Ah, crap..." I muttered to myself as I rubbed the bruise on my head. I attempted to stand on my feet again, only to fall again with the same result. "The fuck?" I said, only now noticing that my voice was more of a child. A female one at that.

"Okay, what seems to be the problem here?" I said as I waved a hoof around... wait, hoof?!

"Agh! What is that!?" I said as I tried to lift up a hand to point at the hoof, only then realizing that I lifted the same hoof instead. I was starting to hyperventilate. This is NOT okay! "I'm a horse, I'm a horse, I'm a little horse, of course!"

I tried to run, but only tripping again afterwards. I fell and skidded across ground, eating dirt in the process. After that commotion, I spat the dirt in my mouth and gagged at the taste. "Jesus... I must be in some sort of hell."

Brushing aside the fact that I AM LITERALLY A HORSE... I should focus on getting to know where the hell I am. Observing my surroundings, I seemed to be in a forest. For whatever reason, it felt... foreboding. However, a trail of red flower petals seemed to start from where I woke up. "Reminds me of one of those romantic sex scenes in movies where they leave rose petals scattered all over the place... heh, funny if a horse like me would get something like that!" I decided I should follow it...

After I learn how to walk.