• Published 11th Dec 2011
  • 2,160 Views, 11 Comments

Friendship is Abundant - Wind Whistler



A magic show right before the Summer Sun Celebration changes who befriends Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
3
 11
 2,160

A Rainbow Fades

I just updated the first two chapters in order for things to make more sense. Amongst the changes, Rainbow Dash's sole line in the first chapter is now different and I gave Twilight slightly more interaction during the scenes where she meets Colgate, Golden Harvest, Ditzy Doo, and Vinyl Scratch.

Derpy now plays a minor role in this chapter.


Episode Three: A Rainbow Fades

The heat radiating from the sun felt excellent, the breeze was gentle, and the sky was almost the same shade of blue as the coat of the one and only, Rainbow Dash. The excellent weather is one of the reasons why summer has always been the rainbow-maned pegasus's favorite season. These days have been perfect for showing off all her awesome stunts to any spectators as well as for lounging in a cloud to soak up the sunlight. Another reason why Rainbow Dash has always loved summer so much is the Summer Sun Celebration. The extended daytime has always let her do what she loves to do best for even longer.

This year, Rainbow Dash is going to have the best Summer Sun Celebration ever. Ponyville has been chosen as the site of celebration, which means that the Wonderbolts will be visiting. She cannot put into words how much they mean to her. The Wonderbolts have always been Rainbow Dash's idols ever since she was just a little filly. Tomorrow, she will impress them with all the amazing things that she can do and quite possibly become one of them. However, Rainbow Dash will have to make sure that she can perform her moves flawlessly, so she'll practice them right away.

And so that's what Rainbow Dash did for most of that morning. She zipped and zoomed all throughout the sky above Ponyville's park, using the array of clouds present as an obstacle course. Rainbow Dash knew perfectly well that she was supposed to be clearing this portion of the sky for the celebration, but she would be able to do all that in a jiff anyways. Besides, she concluded that it would be much more fun to show off how well she can do her job to the supervisor who was supposed to be coming soon. Rainbow Dash was told that pony would be coming to Ponyville this afternoon via a flying carriage.

However, something seemed off. Rainbow Dash recalled that on the previous eve, she had spectators whom watched her stunts. This year, the colorful pegasus couldn't spot anypony in the park who would take interest in her. The only other pony she saw was the park manager. Rainbow Dash tried her best to impress him, but it was no use. No matter what she did, the manager was apathetic towards her and only cared about doing his job. Of course, Rainbow Dash thought that was boring. She couldn’t imagine what it must be like to only care about getting the task done to the letter. Rainbow Dash never cared for class work that much, because to her, they have always been tedious chores with no real meaning to them. She has learned a lot more from experiencing the vast, open, exuberant sky for herself than from being cooped up in a desk and working on boring papers like some sort of zombie.

Rainbow Dash has always needed something to motivate her. When meaning was added to a task, she has been much more willing to get it done. In fact, Rainbow Dash has always loved to help out the ponies whom she trusts. Outside of her superb skills at flying, her amazing loyalty has been what gained her a cult following in both Ponyville and Cloudsdale.

After some thoughts of how popular she was, the blue pegasus came up with a conclusion. Her fans weren't here in the park, because they had to help out with the Summer Sun Celebration as well. If they were not busy, then they would have all been here cheering for her. Comforted by this thought, Rainbow Dash resumed her practice.


Once the sun was at its highest point, Rainbow Dash perched up on a cloud and began to look all over for a carriage. Soon, she spotted one that was being flown by some pegasi. Rainbow Dash then got out a telescope and peered through it. She saw that the passenger was a purple unicorn whom was accompanied by what appears to be a baby dragon. The unicorn stood out a bit because of the the red streak on her mane and tail. Rainbow Dash assumed that must be the pony responsible for checking up on the preparations.

The rainbow-maned mare was filled with anticipation as the carriage landed in the middle of Ponyville. Rainbow Dash was planning to do an extra amazing trick for this supervisor in order to impress her. In order to bring upon a bigger first impression, she planned to stay discreet until this pony arrived, then zoom downwards and surprise her. A smile formed on Rainbow Dash's face from what she had in mind.


It seemed like it has been a few hours since the carriage arrived. From the cloud she was on, Rainbow Dash looked around for the pony who was going to be here. She didn't see any signs of the unicorn, but she stayed put. Rainbow Dash knew that sooner or later, the supervisor would come over to the park. All she had to do until then was wait. Rainbow Dash situated herself as comfortable as possible, because the wait could take a while. The pegasus closed her eyes in order to relax for a bit.


When she opened her eyes, Rainbow Dash noticed that it was getting close to sunset. She felt embarrassed for napping longer than planned. Rainbow Dash took another survey of her surroundings and she still couldn't spot that unicorn she saw earlier today. There were no other potential spectators present either. It was going to get dark soon and Rainbow Dash knew that it would be very difficult to clear the sky then, so she reluctantly began the process.
The purpose to clearing the skies was to allow the citizens of Ponyville to fully appreciate the sun on the special day. Rainbow Dash couldn’t find it in herself to deprive them of enjoying the sun in anyway. Once she removed all of the clouds that loomed above the park, Rainbow Dash had no good reason to remain. If that supervisor was going to ever show up, she would see that the weather was taken care of. The blue pegasus decided to head back to Ponyville proper in order to debunk any doubts she had about her fans. Rainbow Dash was going to eavesdrop on them, since they would be a lot more honest about their thoughts when they aren't trying to be polite.


She situated herself on top of the first building she came across. Up upon the roofs of Ponyville, Rainbow Dash listened to find out anything they thought about her. To her dismay, they weren't anything nice.

“That blue pony is such a show-off!”

“Why did we even bother watching her?”

“She has no real talent to back up all that bragging,”

“She thinks she’s so great and powerful when she really isn’t.”

“There are plenty of better ponies than that blue boaster.”

“That pony should just go back to wherever she came from!”

“We don’t need her!”

“I can't even say her name without cringing!”

Rainbow Dash heard one voice from across town shout, “TRIXIE NEVER WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER, NO MATTER WHAT!” She didn't want to see what was going on or find out the speaker's identity, because it sounded like that mare was ranting on about how somepony named Trixie hates a certain blue pegasus with passion.

Rainbow Dash was in disbelief at all the harsh things the others had to say about her. All of these ponies were talking behind her back! None of them even mentioned her name. The colorful pegasus was very used to being called lazy, but all the backtalk she just heard was uncalled for. If it was just coming from some bullies, then Rainbow Dash wouldn't of minded quite so much. However, she knew very well that these mean words were coming from ponies whom she thought loved and appreciated her.

Knowing that she needed to keep her cool, Rainbow Dash reminded herself that these ponies weren't even her friends in the first place. They only wanted to hang out with her because of her coolness. Once these so-called fans of hers got bored, they chose to abandon her without warning. Unsurprisingly, this thought process didn't help Rainbow Dash that much.

The blue pegasus then thought about Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity. She considered that they were her friends and that they would always want her around. Rainbow Dash was going to head off to Fluttershy's meadow when she overheard gossip of Pinkie Pie throwing a surprise party at the Books and Branches Library. Since it seemed likely that the others would be there as well, Rainbow Dash decided that she was going to give them all a surprise of her own.


Once the building made from a tree came into sight, she found that Pinkie Pie was conversing with Fluttershy and Applejack by the main entrance. The baby dragon that Rainbow Dash saw earlier was standing besides Pinkie Pie. The colorful mare flew up to a nearby branch and listened to the conversation the four were having.

“Umm... I was wondering...” muttered the yellow pegasus that Rainbow Dash recognized as Fluttershy.

“You can say whatever's on your mind,” the orange pony known as Applejack said in her strange accent.

“Sh-should we have the party without Rainbow Dash?”

“I really really really really really wanted her to party with us, but now I'm sure that we can have all sorts of fun without Rainbow Dash,” said the poofy-maned mare who could be none other than Pinkie Pie.

The baby dragon spoke, “It's not like we need Rainbow Dash to enjoy a good party in the first place, right?”

“I agree,”Applejack stated. “We can all enjoy this here party without her. I'm sure that she'd understand.”

Rainbow Dash understood alright. Along with that baby dragon, her friends were going to throw a party meant to exclude her. Upon thinking of the implications, Rainbow Dash's wings drooped. She was going to tear up as well, but she stopped herself by remembering that crying is for sissies. Rainbow Dash opted to get away from them all. Being sure that nopony else spotted her, she flew away from the town.


The sky became dark as the moon began to rise. Rainbow Dash was going to retreat to the pond where she often hangs out when she was stopped by a high-pitched voice, “Dash!”

It sounded like Scootaloo, so she looked to the ground and made out the dark orange pegasus filly who was on a stone bridge. Rainbow Dash landed beside her and said flatly, “Hey Scoot.”

Scootaloo tilted her head, “Is something wrong?”

“What do you think?”

“Well...”

“Where were you this morning?”

“I was helping out with the Summer Sun Celebration. This is my first year helping out.” Scootaloo paused before adding, “Everything's okay now, right?”

“I have another question for you.”

The filly stared at Rainbow Dash. “I'm listening.”

“Where were you this afternoon?”

“Are you going to ask me where I was for every time of the day?”

“You didn't answer my question.”

“I was going to get to that. Anyways, there's this unicorn who came to town earlier today. She calls herself the Great and Powerful Trixie and she put on this magic show for free.”

Rainbow Dash became enraged by this. A pony that hates her guts put on a show and Scootaloo came to see her. Not only this, but evidence points towards that this Trixie was the same purple unicorn that she saw this afternoon. “Don't trust her! She's a terrible pony!”

“I know that she's far from perfect, but she does have great determination.”

“Great determination to be a big jerk, right?”

“She's not that bad. Besides, I think that I'll become a fan of hers once she goes big. You'll still be my number one pony.”

“Yeah, right.” She wasn't reassured with what Scootaloo said at all. All of those other ponies seemed really friendly, but that was only when they feel they aren't being watched. Scootaloo was probably just trying to be polite.

“Why don't you like her?”

Rainbow Dash raised her voice, “I'll tell you why. I saw Trixie's arrival at Ponyville and I know that she was supposed to be checking up on preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. Instead, I find out that she doesn't care about the holiday one bit! I can't believe that she decided to blow off her job like that!”

“But I saw that you didn't clear your part of the sky until it was very late.”

“Well, that's different. I was going to do it sooner or later and I decided later. I really wanted to surprise a certain pony with what I can do, but she never arrived. At least I didn't leave things hanging. If Trixie needed to show off, then she should of preformed to the ponies that she was supposed to be checking on.”

“I'll go ask her about that if I see her again.” Scootaloo tilted her head both ways, then told the older pegasus, “You know, I think that you and Trixie could get along. Both of you two have a lot in common. You both like to show what you can do in front of others, talk big, and you both are ambitious.”

“I can't be friends with her. I heard somepony saying that Trixie hates a certain pony.”

“You know who said it?”

“No, but still...”

“What about sometime during the Summer Sun Celebration, you try to get to know her better?”

Rainbow Dash wanted change the subject, so she inquired Scootaloo, “What are you doing all the way out here at a time like this?”

“I was looking for something that I could use to reach with.”

The adult pegasus wasn't too surprised, since she knew that Scootaloo hasn't been able to fly very well yet. “Wouldn't it be easier to just get a ladder?”

“Yeah, I suppose so. I don't know where to find one though.”

Rainbow Dash supposed that it wouldn't hurt to help her. “Stay put! I'll go get you a ladder!” She lifted herself off the ground.

“Alright.”

Rainbow Dash then darted off. Rainbow Dash knew the easiest place to get a ladder, so she took a straight path to Sweet Apple Acres.


Once Rainbow Dash got there, she thought she smelled baked apples, cinnamon, and pastries. A look around confirmed that she wasn't mistaken. Big McIntosh was stacking various baked goods onto a cart. Rainbow Dash flew inside the largest barn in hopes of finding a ladder. Even though it was nighttime and the barn lights were off, she could still see thanks to the windows letting in moonlight. It didn't take long for Rainbow Dash to find what she was looking for. Since the ladder was so tall, she decided it was best to drag it out of the building. Just as Rainbow Dash exited the barn, she spotted a big red stallion right in front of her.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him.

“I'm just getting the food ready.” Big McIntosh moved his eyes towards the ladder. “Needin' a ladder?”

“It's for somepony else.”

“You know, you can always ask.” Big McIntosh began to grin.

“Uh, yeah, I'll be sure to remember.” Rainbow Dash didn't know what to make of it. Even though looking at his handsome smile calmed her down, she still tried to stay vigilant. It was difficult, because Rainbow Dash also admired the fit body that Big McIntosh presumably got from working around at the farm. However, she reminded herself that he's Applejack's brother and that he could be in on that party meant to shun her.

“Eeyup!”

Rainbow Dash grabbed one end of the ladder with her front hooves.“I guess I'll get going now.”

“Take care.” Big McIntosh began to head for his cart.


Making sure that her grip was tight, Rainbow Dash began to take off. Even though the extra weight made her have to exert more energy into flying, it wasn't too much of a hassle for the pegasus. On her way back to Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash thought about what Big McIntosh meant by “Take care.” She has finds it rather hard to know what goes on in his mind, because he's not as talkative as most other ponies. To Rainbow Dash, those two last words of his confirmed that he's in onto something pertaining to her.

When Rainbow Dash got back to the bridge where Scootaloo was waiting, she laid down the ladder beside the orange filly. “Will this do?” the blue mare asked.

As Scootaloo circled the ladder, she didn't take her eyes off it. “That'll do! Thanks Rainbow Dash!”

“What are you planning to do with it anyways? It better not have anything to do with Trixie.”

Scootaloo's eyes widened and she began to talk faster. “Oh! Well... I got to do some last minute decorations! Gotta go! Be sure to talk to Trixie tomorrow!” Scootaloo grabbed the ladder with her teeth and began to walk backwards towards Ponyville. According to Rainbow Dash, her speed was moderate, which was respectable for a filly grabbing a ladder many times her length like that.


Since it appeared that there was nothing else needed to be done before the sun was raised, Rainbow Dash decided to spend an hour or two by practicing her moves above her favorite pond. During that time, she was pondering if there was a way to tell which ponies are trustworthy from the backstabbers. Rainbow Dash didn't want to make anymore “friends” who would turn their backs on her. She felt the need of having a companion who actually cares about her, not somepony who just says they do out of politeness. Upon thinking of the possibility that nopony loves her, Rainbow Dash had an even stronger urge to cry than before. Since she convinced herself that the Wonderbolts would never want a weak, crying pony to be on their team, Rainbow Dash was able to hold back her tears again. She felt something damp below one of her eyes, but knew that it couldn't possibly be a tear. The rainbow-maned pegasus was flying rather close to the pond's surface just moments ago, so some water must of gotten splashed onto her. Rainbow Dash is too tough to be crying like a weakling. Besides, tomorrow is going to be the best day of her life, because the Wonderbolts will get to see what she can do and accept her for who she is.

The blue pegasus suddenly crashed. When she got up, she saw that it was a tree. For some reason, Rainbow Dash found that it was becoming more difficult to concentrate. Since she couldn't practice in her current condition, Rainbow Dash flew back to Ponyville. She landed on top of a roof with a good view of the building where the princess is supposed to make her appearance. There, Rainbow Dash waited for when it would be time to enter the town square pavilion.


Eventually, Rainbow Dash saw the main entrance of the central building opening up and the crowd outside entering. Amongst the ponies that entered, she saw Scootaloo follow after a blue unicorn who had on an oversized wizard hat and a cape. Rainbow Dash would normally be curious about such an attire, but she was too busy thinking about Trixie in order to bother.

All of the sudden, a gray pegasus crashed on top of Rainbow Dash. She knew it was Derpy Hooves upon seeing her messed-up eyes.

Once Derpy got off her, Rainbow Dash asked, “Are you out to get me?”

“Nah,” Derpy responded. “I noticed that you're blue and you're a pony. You must be that blue pony everypony is talking about.” She then announced to the crowd, “Everypony! Rainbow Dash is on the roof with me!”

Rainbow Dash knew this got Applejack's attention, because she heard her voice say, “There ya are Rainbow Dash! We've been wondering where ya went off to.”

Rainbow Dash peered downwards and saw that she was with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. The baby dragon wasn't with them this time. She told Applejack, “It's none of your business.”

“It is so. We thought that you were lost!”

“Yeah!” Pinkie Pie said quickly, “We looked all over Ponyville for you at the park at Sugercube Corner at the cemetery at the spa below your cloud house and even from here where we found you of course!”

“Since it looks like this is hide and seek, I'll get going,” Derpy said right before she flapped her wings. As she flew for the central building, Derpy told Rainbow Dash, “Make it harder for us to see you next time.”

Of course the citizens of Ponyville don't want to see the blue pony.

“Anyways...” Fluttershy uttered, “I'm glad that you're here.”

Rainbow Dash responded, “So that you can all tell me about how great of a party you all had?”

“We had a great time!” Pinkie Pie told her. “We had cupcakes, played games, and had tons of fun! It was going to be a surprise party for Twilight, but she never showed up.”

“Is that the best excuse you can come up with?”

Applejack asked, “What's goin' on with you Dash? You've been acting strange. Is everything alright?”

“I've never been better! Will you all just go away?”

Fluttershy said, “But...”

“Just let her be,” Applejack interrupted. “I think she needs time to cool down.”

“...If you say so...”

Applejack and Fluttershy headed on in. When Pinkie Pie realized that they went inside, she said, “See ya inside! I got tons more to tell you about!” She then zipped as fast as she could through the pavilion's main entrance.


Rainbow Dash hesitated due to Pinkie Pie's obnoxiousness, but she flew into the central building since she had to witness the princess raising the sun. Almost instantly, Pinkie Pie came up to her and said, “You can come over by me and Applejack!”

“No thanks.”

“But you weren't at the party. I want to tell you how much fun we had at the party.”

“Yeah, how much fun you all had excluding me.”

Pinkie Pie looked puzzled for a second, then said, “Don't be silly. I just want you to know that your friends are all dandy.”

“They aren't my friends, and neither are you.”

The usually over the top cheerful pony stopped smiling. “W-what makes you think we're not friends? You, me, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity are all friends.”

Rainbow Dash didn't like that Pinkie Pie insisted on playing dumb. “You should know why.”

“But I don't know, honest!”

“Then shut your pie hole.”

Tears began to stream from Pinkie Pie's eyes. She looked at Rainbow Dash one last time, then headed over to where Applejack was.

Rainbow Dash did feel a bit bad for her, but it at least got that annoying pony out of her mane. She looked over at Applejack and Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie was still crying and it appeared that Applejack was trying to calm her down. However, it didn't seem to Rainbow Dash that Applejack was going to come after her.

She then saw a certain purple unicorn entering the pavilion. This was definitely Trixie, because of her red streak. Trixie was accompanied by her baby dragon and a white unicorn with a blue mane. Rainbow Dash remembered that other unicorn as DJ Pon3. She recalled that they have seen each other at some parties. However, Rainbow Dash never hung out with her outside of a party. The reason she put up with DJ Pon3's loud voice and strangeness was for reputation purposes only. Rainbow Dash then noticed that the baby dragon was pointing in her direction. He and the two unicorns conversed, then DJ Pon3 called out for her. Rainbow Dash merely stayed where she was and didn't respond.

Just then, she heard the singing of birds from above the crowd. Rainbow Dash really didn't have much of an opinion of the song, since it wasn't awesome or totally lame. After the birds stopped singing, the mayor of Ponyville stepped up in front of the ponies attending and gave her speech. Once the speech was concluded, Rainbow Dash looked at the curtains where the princess was supposed to make her grand entrance. She saw Rarity up there, but she was confused about why some sort of green goop covered most of her body. It didn't really matter to Rainbow Dash, since she found it hilarious.

The curtains were pulled up, but Rainbow Dash didn't see the princess behind them. While the other ponies were panicking, she noticed some sort of purple smoke forming up there. Some of the strange gas flew aside to reveal a huge, black mare whose mane and tail appeared to be made up of that stuff. Judging from her size, wings, and a horn, Rainbow Dash assumed that she was the same type of pony as the princess. She also jumped to the conclusion that the mysterious mare did something with her.

The black mare spoke, “Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your sun-loving faces.”

This mare wants to ruin the Summer Sun Celebration, Rainbow Dash was sure. She can't stand for that, so she shouted, “What did you do to my perfect day?!” Right after finishing that sentence, Rainbow Dash darted off into the air after her. This mare was going to pay for trying to ruin this special day!

The rainbow-maned pegasus was getting ready to throw a punch when the black mare swiftly turned around and kicked her. Rainbow Dash was sent back-first crashing into a wall, which created a lasting pain for her upper back. She then felt the blunt sensation of hitting the ground from her flank. Rainbow Dash got back up as fast as she could, but she was unable to dodge the thunder that was coming her way. The pain was much worse than her collision with the wall. Fortunately, Rainbow Dash only had to suffer for about a second, because she was no longer aware of what was going on.


When Rainbow Dash woke up, she found that it was daytime. She took a quick scan of her surroundings to see if there was anypony else still in the pavilion. Just as Rainbow Dash finished looking around, she saw a bunch of shadows on the ground. As the pegasi in blue jumpsuits landed in front of her, she instantly recognized them as the Wonderbolts. Words couldn't describe how overjoyed Rainbow Dash was to see them.

The gray and white maned stallion known as Rapidfire asked her, “Are you alright?”

Rainbow Dash was able to stand back up with little effort. “I think so. Thanks for checking up on me.”

“No problem,” Spitfire stated. She was the Wonderbolt with a radiant orange mane. “After the princess was able to save daytime, we decided to go where the attack started to look for anypony in need of assistance.”

“Thanks again. By the way, would you like to see what I'm capable of doing?”

“Of course,” said Soarin', a male pegasus with a dark blue mane.

“Alright then,” Rainbow Dash told the Wonderbolts as she began to hover. “Prepare to be amazed!” She flew all about in the pavilion and showed them many of her stunts. Even though the place she was flying happened to be rather confined, Rainbow Dash had no problem with avoiding any collisions.

The Wonderbolts cheered as the pegasus with much potential landed. They were so impressed with Rainbow Dash that they decided to make her a member on the spot. She accepted her Wonderbolt costume with pride the very second it was handed to her. Rainbow Dash immediately put it on.

“Ready for another flight?” Spitfire asked the newest Wonderbolt.

Rainbow Dash said with great enthusiasm, “Of course!”

All of the Wonderbolts then extended their wings and flew out of the pavilion together. This is truly Rainbow Dash's best day ever.


The next thing Rainbow Dash knew was that she was lying in a bed. She immediately noticed the plastic tube that was stuck into one of her nostrils. The puzzled mare was planning to yank it out, but since the tube felt like it went down her throat, she decided not to do so. She looked around the room she found herself in. Sunlight streamed through the sole window, which gave Rainbow Dash a good view of her surroundings. Next to the bed was a strange machine where the tube connected. There were also various cabinets and a sink.

The door then opened up. A mare who was behind it walked up to Rainbow Dash. She was wearing a white hat that bore a red cross. The nurse reached for the tube that was placed inside the blue pony's nose and pulled on it gently. Once it was out, Rainbow Dash took a look at the tube that was just inside her. She cringed at the sheer length of it.

The nurse than asked, “How are you feeling?”

Rainbow Dash then cleared her throat. “I feel excellent!” she said eagerly. Against the nurse's advice, Rainbow Dash climbed out of bed. Her back was still a bit sore and she felt like stretching, but other than those issues, she was perfectly fine. “I'm ready to have the best Summer Sun Celebration in my life!”

“Look, I have to tell you something.”

“What do you want?”

“I don't know how to break it to you, but the Summer Sun Celebration is over.” This nurse had to of been kidding with Rainbow Dash. Nevertheless, she didn't find it funny at all. “I'm sorry... You have been unconscious for a week.”

“Do you think that you're being funny?”

“Of course not! I would never try to lead you on like that.”

Rainbow Dash thought about what it meant if she was being told the truth. It would mean that she missed what could have been the most important day in her life! “Tell me that you're lying!” she nearly begged.

“What I told you was the truth. I would never lie while doing my job.”

Even though she tried her best not to, Rainbow Dash couldn't help but let out a single tear.

The nurse seemed to notice, because she said, “I know what will cheer you up.”

“I feel fine.” The mare didn't seem to listen to Rainbow Dash, because she went over to a cabinet and opened it up. She dragged a tray over to her patient. Rainbow Dash took a look at the contents, which included some blue-battered cupcakes with colorful frosting and what appeared to be a get well card. She asked the nurse, “Who is it from?”

“What about you see the card and find out?”

Rainbow Dash grabbed the card and opened it up. It read:

Rainbow Dash,

We all hope that you get better soon.
We don't know why you were upset,
but feel free to talk to us about it
whenever you're ready. You can trust us.

Sincerely,
Applejack, Fluttershy,
Pinkie Pie, Rarity

PS: Enjoy the cupcakes.

“Oh, it's from them,” Rainbow Dash said with disdain. She convinced herself that these ponies were trying to regain her trust by playing dumb and pretending to have good intentions.

“Isn't that a good thing?” inquired the nurse.

Rainbow Dash didn't answer her question. She put the card back and headed for the door.

“Are you sure that you're alright?”

Rainbow Dash spread out her wings, then retracted them. She told the nurse, “I'm perfectly fine.”

“Don't you at least want to eat something?”

“I'll get by,” Rainbow Dash told her before heading out of the room.


Rainbow Dash had no idea what she should do next. However, there was one thing she was sure of. She shouldn't be quick to trusting others. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and even Fluttershy let her down. Even though she didn't see if Rarity ever talked behind her back, Rainbow Dash was suspicious of her as well. The blue pegasus thought about forming a group of true friends, even though she wouldn't mind living a life away from all other ponies if it means she won't be betrayed again.